Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,658 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Little Growths Around My Neck. Pls Help! (pics) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Little Growths Around My Neck. Pls Help! (pics) (36769 Views)

Bumps On The Neck @ The Back Of The Head (picture) / Please I Av Small Swollen Growth On My Neck. I Was Told Its Lapoma. Plz D Cure! / I Need Cure To Bumps At The Back Of My Neck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Little Growths Around My Neck. Pls Help! (pics) by RICHIEBOI1(m): 4:03pm On Apr 07, 2010
pls can anyone help me. i have some small growths around my neck, it doesnt pain me. but its kind of spreading to my shoulder and chest. pls is there any kind of cream or medication to take to get rid of it. i dont know if am alergic to anything. pls help me.
Re: Little Growths Around My Neck. Pls Help! (pics) by MCLOVIN: 5:04pm On Apr 07, 2010
Hi
I was just reading about 'pearl necklaces' (bukake lol !) below. Do you wear jewellry around your neck by any chance ? I mean impurities in 'gold' chains necklaces could bring on allergies.
The first rule in dermatology is : if you cant see it you cant treat it.
Post a pic of the rash here, im sure someone will be able to help you out after that.
Re: Little Growths Around My Neck. Pls Help! (pics) by RICHIEBOI1(m): 5:48pm On Apr 07, 2010
pics below.
Re: Little Growths Around My Neck. Pls Help! (pics) by RICHIEBOI1(m): 5:50pm On Apr 07, 2010
no i dont wear any jewelry of any sort. but anyway here are some pics for you see and analyze.

Re: Little Growths Around My Neck. Pls Help! (pics) by MCLOVIN: 7:00pm On Apr 07, 2010
Hi again
The photos arent the best quality.
ButĀ  I see dome-shaped growths, not just around your neckĀ  but also seem to be spreading to your chest and jaw area.
Like I said, photo not very clear.If u want my best guess:it looks like Mulloscum Contagiosum the etiology is viral but,its self limiting, so dnt worry.
I advise you get a dermatologist to do a skin scraping and examine it under a microscope to confirm.
They should disappear on their own. But you could spread it to other people and other body parts before that happens.
See your local dermatologist to confirm. In the meantime if my diagnosis is right, pls change your towels and beddings or a least disinfect them.
For treatment options click
http://www.aad.org/public/publications/pamphlets/viral_mollscum.html
Re: Little Growths Around My Neck. Pls Help! (pics) by e36991: 11:19pm On Apr 07, 2010
RICHIE BOI:

pls can anyone help me. i have some small growths around my neck, it doesnt pain me.

but its kind of spreadingjavascript:void(0); to my shoulder and chest. pls is there any kind of cream or medication to take to get rid of it.

i dont know if am alergic to anything. pls help me.

@^^

FYI - yet still seek professional medical advice

Picture of skin tags on an adult armpit

What is a skin tag?

Skin tags are common, acquired, benign skin growths that look like a small piece of soft, hanging skin. Skin tags are harmless growths. Some individuals may be more prone to tags (greater than 50-100 tags) either through increased weight, part combined with heredity, or other unknown causes. Males and females are equally prone to developing skin tags. Obesity and being moderately overweight (even temporary increases) dramatically increase the chances of having skin tags. Normal weight individuals with larger breasts are also more prone to skin tags under their breasts. Some small tags spontaneously rub or fall off painlessly and the person may not even know they had a skin tag. Most tags do not fall off on their own and stay around once formed. The medical name for skin tag is acrochordon.

Skin tag are bits of skin- or flesh-colored tissue that project from the surrounding skin from a small, narrow stalk. Some people call these growths "skin tabs" or barnacles. Skin tags typically occur in characteristic locations including the base of the neck, underarms, eyelids, groin folds, and under the breasts (especially where underwire bras rub directly beneath the breasts). Although skin tags may vary somewhat in appearance, they are usually smooth or slightly wrinkled and irregular, flesh-colored or slightly more brown, and hang from the skin by a small stalk. Early or beginning skin tags may be as small as a flattened pinhead-sized bump around the neck. While most tags typically are small (2-5 mm in diameter) at approximately one-third to one-half the size of a pinky fingernail, some skin tags may become as large as a big grape (1 cm in diameter) or a fig (5 cm in diameter).

Where do skin tags occur?

Skin tags can occur almost anywhere on the body where there is skin. However, the top two favorite areas for skin tags are the neck and armpits. Other areas include the eyelids, upper chest (particularly under the female breasts), buttock folds, and groin folds. Tags are typically thought to occur in characteristic friction locations where skin rubs against skin or clothing. More plump or chunkier babies may also develop skin tags in areas where skin rubs against skin like the sides of the neck. Younger children may develop tags at the upper eyelid areas, often in areas where they may rub. Older children and preteens may develop tags in the underarm area from friction and repetitive irritation from sports.

Who tends to get skin tags?

More than half if not all of the general population is reported to have skin tags at some time in their lives. Although tags are generally acquired (not present at birth) and may occur in anyone, more often they arise in adulthood. They are much more common in middle age, and they tend to increase in prevalence up to age 60. Children and toddlers may also develop skin tags in these underarm and neck areas. Since skin tags are thought to arise more readily in areas of skin friction or rubbing, tags are also more common in overweight people.

Hormone elevations, such as those seen during pregnancy, may cause an increase in the formation of skin tags, as skin tags are more frequent in pregnant women. Tags are essentially harmless and do not have to be treated unless they are bothersome. Skin tags that are bothersome may be easily removed during or after pregnancy, typically by a dermatologist.

Skin tags are a benign condition and not directly associated with any other major medical conditions. Skin tags are commonly found on healthy people and do not have to be removed.

http://www.medicinenet.com/skin_tag/article.htm
Re: Little Growths Around My Neck. Pls Help! (pics) by face969: 12:18am On Apr 08, 2010
e36 im not seeing any stalks or pedunculated growths on the OPs pics.
How does skin tag fit into what we are viewing here ? Or do you mean all the growths are still in the early stage.
Meanwhile Op isnt giving enough info on how long he's had the condition and if any of these growths have disappeared spontaneously since they started.
Whatever the case Mclovin is right asking him to get the opinion of a dermatologist, if he cant get good advice there where would he get it ?
At the very best , your skin tag as well as Mclovin's mollusca are just differential diagnoses.
OP hope youre benefiting from these contributions.
Re: Little Growths Around My Neck. Pls Help! (pics) by e36991: 12:31am On Apr 08, 2010
face969:

e36 im not seeing any stalks or pedunculated growths on the OPs pics. How does skin tag fit into what we are viewing here ?

@face969

The posting might not necessarily be gospel but I bet you noticed or saw this though "FYI - yet still seek professional medical advice"
Re: Little Growths Around My Neck. Pls Help! (pics) by face969: 12:48am On Apr 08, 2010
Im not getting you.
Meaning what ?
Is a dermatologist not enough ?
Re: Little Growths Around My Neck. Pls Help! (pics) by e36991: 1:01am On Apr 08, 2010
face969:

Im not getting you.
Meaning what ?
Is a dermatologist not enough ?

@face969

What you on about?

OP is a grown man, in Europe and incidentally currently online now

Bottom line was to seek professional medical advice

Its his call to have his concerns checked out by a professional if its giving him bothers. . .

PS: Am done with the ping pong-ing. Yeah?
and OP update your signature; Naija's off the list
Re: Little Growths Around My Neck. Pls Help! (pics) by face969: 1:08am On Apr 08, 2010
Lolol !
Ok u did answer.
I was just wondering if you were speaking in tongues.
Pls dnt tell me ure one of dem feminist types .
Here I go , ponging off. . .
Re: Little Growths Around My Neck. Pls Help! (pics) by e36991: 1:17am On Apr 08, 2010
face969:

Well thanks for not answering.

Ive not read much of your contributions on this section. But in future I think its best to stick to whatever section youre used to.

No need to come round here making comments that have no import on the subject matter.

I think you strayed in from the romance section or some other childboard. Kindly re-trace your steps.

@face969

Will you stop foaming in the mouth . . .

Now we have a face to the playground bully and area thug of the Health forum

You make me guffaw a dermatology laugh grin grin
Re: Little Growths Around My Neck. Pls Help! (pics) by face969: 1:21am On Apr 08, 2010
Not a bully ! Nevar !
Sori i didnt mean that , thats why I modified it.
So are you pinging off now . .?
Re: Little Growths Around My Neck. Pls Help! (pics) by RICHIEBOI1(m): 7:38pm On Apr 08, 2010
guys i think i have seen a natural healing oil for the skin tag. i will have to order it online. here is a pic of what it looks like and a link.

http://www.skintaghelp.com/heal-skin-tags.html

(1) (Reply)

Solutions To Male/female Infertility And All Sorts Of Infections / Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife / What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.