Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) (50065 Views)

Barack Obama's Daughter, Sasha Smoking Marijuana In Public goes viral / Thailand Legalises Growing, Consumption Of Marijuana / Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by laudate: 11:31pm On Jan 03, 2018
linearity:
The above highlighted portion of your comment are contradictory.

THC is the psychoactive substance that causes the high in smokers as you rightly indicated.....which means, THC gets into their body via smoking. Many medical marijuana prescriptions are not oil based and not made into supplements.

Hello, medical marijuana is given to people in different forms. There are many people who need medical marijuana, but do not smoke. How do you think they get access to the THC and CBD in the marijuana? Do they suddenly start learning how to smoke? No! shocked

Doctors may prescribe medical marijuana to treat:

Muscle spasms caused by multiple sclerosis;
Nausea from cancer chemotherapy;
Poor appetite and weight loss caused by chronic illness, such as HIV, or nerve pain
Seizure disorders;
Crohn's disease;

The FDA has also approved THC, a key ingredient in marijuana, to treat nausea and improve appetite. It's available by prescription Marinol (dronabinol) and Cesamet (nabilone). https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/features/medical-marijuana-uses

Cannabis oil suppositories are also widely used in the US, by patients with tumours etc. Cross Check!

1 Like

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by Geofavor(m): 12:51am On Jan 04, 2018
johnkey:
dude shut the f+CK up and stop trying to be intelligent you're spewing trash.
Okay.

I wish you quick recuperation from that weed addiction.
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by johnkey: 8:38am On Jan 04, 2018
Geofavor:
Okay.

I wish you quick recuperation from that weed addiction.
wish yourself a functional brain
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:08am On Jan 04, 2018
deebrain:

You say Fabricated right? Research is better when its a personal experience than some cheap google sh**.

Personal experience that you dragged out of your arse, right? You're a comedian. grin

deebrain:
Yo every punk defending this cannabis sh** and quoting me, with your crap from online please, ive heard enough.
A lot of you dont know what it is-its merely here say.

Many of you will never understand shooting a loved one just because you want a shot of crack.
So please. You think its good cos some state or country legalize it? Please, go get some. Enjoy.

Quote me again and you will rot in hell.

This is why you're an ignorant mooron and a waste of time and space. Crack has absolutely nothing to do with marijuana. Like I said, get an education and stop embarrassing yourself proudly displaying your ignorance here.

2 Likes

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by Spidermon: 11:22am On Jan 04, 2018
Some things may be frowned at but they are not illegal in Nigeria, let us be frank.

Prostitution, Yahoo, weed smoking etc

Well, we all view the world differently
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by deebrain(m): 12:42pm On Jan 04, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Personal experience that you dragged out of your arse, right? You're a comedian. grin

This is why you're an ignorant mooron and a waste of time and space. Crack has absolutely nothing to do with marijuana. Like I said, get an education and stop embarrassing yourself proudly displaying your ignorance here.

Whatever you say man....
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by Ray360: 2:02pm On Jan 04, 2018
khiaa:

This post is so full of ignorance, tell me where you got the information that states that marijuana causes insanity over a long period of time.

Complete nonsense of the ignorant.
I will try not to insult you. But next time, before you dabble into what you don't know, make sure you are very sure.

https://drugabuse.com/library/the-effects-of-marijuana-use/#long-term-effects-of-marijuana

side effects of Taking marijuana are:

1. Temporary memory loss.

2. Lack of coordination.

3. Altered perception of time.

4. Changes in mood.

5. Difficulties thinking or problem solving.

Have a nice day.
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by linearity: 7:12pm On Jan 04, 2018
laudate:

Hello, medical marijuana is given to people in different forms. There are many people who need medical marijuana, but do not smoke. How do you think they get access to the THC and CBD in the marijuana? Do they suddenly start learning how to smoke? No! shocked

Cannabis oil suppositories are also widely used in the US, by patients with tumours etc. Cross Check!

I think you are just shifting the goal post here.

I understand medical marijuana and that it has different forms and also clearly understand FDA approving cannabis for various ailment management. But none of these was the point of our dialogue.

The point I was trying to correct is that THC the psychoactive substance in marijuana is also the medicinal substance. Also that, THC in marijuana is natural and not systemize or processed into the marijuana and as such both normal smokers and those using the medicated products of marijuana get this THC into their body.

The only difference is that, in medicine marijuana, THC is the active ingredient, which means there are other addictive substance in the medicine...it is like licking orange which is a rich source of vitamin C (which is enough to rectify a vitamin C deficiency, if taken consistently) vs taking vitamin C tablets.
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by khiaa(f): 9:39pm On Jan 04, 2018
Ray360:

I will try not to insult you. But next time, before you dabble into what you don't know, make sure you are very sure.

https://drugabuse.com/library/the-effects-of-marijuana-use/#long-term-effects-of-marijuana

side effects of Taking marijuana are:

1. Temporary memory loss.

2. Lack of coordination.

3. Altered perception of time.

4. Changes in mood.

5. Difficulties thinking or problem solving.

Have a nice day.

Where is the insanity? What you posted is the same affect a person would have after drinking a few beers or alcohol, but marijuana doesn't kill, and alcohol does.

Have a nice day.
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by laudate: 10:18pm On Jan 04, 2018
linearity:
I think you are just shifting the goal post here.

I understand medical marijuana and that it has different forms and also clearly understand FDA approving cannabis for various ailment management. But none of these was the point of our dialogue.

The point I was trying to correct is that THC the psychoactive substance in marijuana is also the medicinal substance. Also that, THC in marijuana is natural and not systemize or processed into the marijuana and as such both normal smokers and those using the medicated products of marijuana get this THC into their body.

The only difference is that, in medicine marijuana, THC is the active ingredient, which means there are other addictive substance in the medicine...it is like licking orange which is a rich source of vitamin C (which is enough to rectify a vitamin C deficiency, if taken consistently) vs taking vitamin C tablets.

Hello, you are the one that is actually shifting grounds and contradicting yourself. Do you remember making this comment?

linearity:
The above highlighted portion of your comment are contradictory.

THC is the psychoactive substance that causes the high in smokers as you rightly indicated.....which means, THC gets into their body via smoking. Many medical marijuana prescriptions are not oil based and not made into supplements.
You had earlier responded to another poster called Vivere I think, when you made a comment that "medical marijuana prescriptions are not oil based and not made into supplements."

My own response was to show you that Marijuana is widely processed into oil based suppositories, as well as other forms, including synthetic forms such as Marinol (dronabinol) and Cesamet (nabilone). I don't know what point the other guy was trying to make when he made his comments about THC being a psychoactive substance not being deposited in a usable form into smokers. You would have to wait for his response.

1 Like

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by gabng(m): 11:02pm On Jan 04, 2018
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Genesis 1:29 KJV

And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
Genesis 1:30 KJV

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Genesis 1:31 KJV

I am done explaining to you.

Please believe whatever rocks your boat.

laudate:

The Bible mentions fruits, herbs, and crops. There is no mention of the word 'Hemp" in any of the Bible verses you quoted here. undecided

There are different kinds of herbs in the world. sad Some are good and fit for nutrition, and can even serve medicinal purposes. Others are poisonous or toxic, and capable of endangering the human body. Please be guided and make a careful distinction between both sets of herbs.

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by laudate: 11:12pm On Jan 04, 2018
gabng:
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Genesis 1:29 KJV

And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
Genesis 1:30 KJV

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Genesis 1:31 KJV

I am done explaining to you.

Please believe whatever rocks your boat.

Guy, you have NOT explained anything!! sad You only copied some bible verses from Genesis 1 v 29-31. And the word 'hemp' was not even mentioned in any of those verses, not even once! shocked

1 Like

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by linearity: 11:34pm On Jan 04, 2018
laudate:

Hello, you are the one that is actually shifting grounds and contradicting yourself. Do you remember making this comment?

You had earlier responded to another poster called Vivere I think, when you made a comment that "medical marijuana prescriptions are not oil based and not made into supplements."

My own response was to show you that Marijuana is widely processed into oil based suppositories, as well as other forms, including synthetic forms such as Marinol (dronabinol) and Cesamet (nabilone). I don't know what point the other guy was trying to make when he made his comments about THC being a psychoactive substance not being deposited in a usable form into smokers. You would have to wait for his response.

My bad, I didn’t re-read that post....missing the critical ‘only’ after both ‘not’ as in....

"medical marijuana prescriptions are not only oil based and not only made into supplements."

1 Like

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by laudate: 11:59pm On Jan 04, 2018
linearity:
My bad, I didn’t re-read that post....missing the critical ‘only’ after both ‘not’ as in....

"medical marijuana prescriptions are not only oil based and not only made into supplements."

Oh, I see. That explains the mix-up then. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by ashawopikin(m): 7:08am On Jan 05, 2018
See business
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by Ray360: 11:16am On Jan 05, 2018
khiaa:

Where is the insanity? What you posted is the same affect a person would have after drinking a few beers or alcohol, but marijuana doesn't kill, and alcohol does.

Have a nice day.
Don't quote me erroneously! Where in my post did I say it kills? isn't loss of memory the incipient stage of insanity? You want to sound very smart by debating what is very explicit. There's no glory in that.
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by TrapHedges(m): 3:37pm On Jan 05, 2018
comradespade:
Lastking147, traphedges n bitchiamjay, Hope ur passports are still valid?

we.got lit dealers here already FAM... lol
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by khiaa(f): 10:22pm On Jan 05, 2018
Ray360:

Don't quote me erroneously! Where in my post did I say it kills? isn't loss of memory the incipient stage of insanity? You want to sound very smart by debating what is very explicit. There's no glory in that.

The memory loss is temporary just like drinking alcohol can cause temporary memory loss. So are you telling me that if a person drink a few glasses of wine they would lose their sanity?

Stop posting false information. At least try it so that you will know what you are talking about. Marijuana is to be used in moderation just like alcohol. You only believe that marijuana is bad because the white man brainwashed you to believe it.

It has always been known that as soon as America figures out a way to tax marijuana they will legalize it and that's exactly what they did.
In case you didn't know it, marijuana use to be legal in the early 1900 in America until a wealthy man decided that it was cutting into his business and that is when all the false propaganda against marijuana started, to make it illegal.

Hollywood even jumped on the bandwagon and made early films of people taking just one puff/hit of a joint and going completely insane and murdering people and raping women.

I watched some of the movies on the internet and they are hilarious. I am not a smoker, I hate the smell of it but I love it in baked goods(edibles) like cookies, cakes, chocolate candy and even salads. smiley

Ancient Israel used hemp (Marijuana)in other ways besides smoking it, they used it for making medicine, textiles, oils, ropes, incense,and they even used the seeds for food.

I have a bottle of marijuana oil that I bought from the health food store that I use on my skin and in my hair, it can also be used for cooking but I don't use it for that, although it would be interesting to bake some GROWN-FOLKS cookies with it adding the marijuana herb of course. Some say that Isaiah 18:4-5 is talking about the cannabis plant. grin As early as 5000 BC Cannabis was called the JOY PLANT.

1 Like

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by addictiv(m): 10:24am On Jan 06, 2018
Lots of ignorant hypocritical folks on this thread. Marijuana has been sold over the counter in amsterdam for years, how many people have ran mad? why isn't the drug related crime rates burning the roof? Instead the country is experiencing lower crime rates and massive revenues from sales and y'all are here spitting nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by Ray360: 6:16pm On Jan 06, 2018
khiaa:

The memory loss is temporary just like drinking alcohol can cause temporary memory loss. So are you telling me that if a person drink a few glasses of wine they would lose their sanity? Stop posting false information. At least try it so that you will know what you are talking about. Marijuana is to be used in moderation just like alcohol. You only believe that marijuana is bad because the white man brainwashed you to believe it. It has always been known that as soon as America figures out a way to tax marijuana they will legalize it and that's exactly what they did.
In case you didn't know it, marijuana use to be legal in the early 1900 in America until a wealthy man decided that it was cutting into his business and that is when all the false propaganda against marijuana started, to make it illegal. Hollywood even jumped on the bandwagon and made early films of people taking just one puff/hit of a joint and going completely insane and murdering people and raping women. I watched some of the movies on the internet and they are hilarious. I am not a smoker, I hate the smell of it but I love it in baked goods(edibles) like cookies, cakes, chocolate candy and even salads. smiley

Ancient Israel used hemp (Marijuana)in other ways besides smoking it, they used it for making medicine, textiles, oils, ropes, incense,and they even used the seeds for food. I have a bottle of marijuana oil that I bought from the health food store that I use on my skin and in my hair, it can also be used for cooking but I don't use it for that, although it would be interesting to bake some GROWN-FOLKS cookies with it adding the marijuana herb of course. Some say that Isaiah 18:4-5 is talking about the cannabis plant. grin As early as 5000 BC Cannabis was called the JOY PLANT.
I don't need all of that epistle you have up there. If after the link I posted, you're are still adamant on your position, then fine. It's also dumb for you to tell me to smoke marijuana and see if it causes insanity, that logic alone is ridiculous and wrote you off in this debate. Those who are wont to taking marijuana anf have made it addictive stand a risk of insanity according my little research. I know the herb is medicinal and has other vital uses, I just gave one of the negative sides of the cannabis. We agree to disagree. Don't quote me again. There's no point dragging it on and on.
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by khiaa(f): 11:22pm On Jan 06, 2018
Ray360:

I don't need all of that epistle you have up there. If after the link I posted, you're are still adamant on your position, then fine. It's also dumb for you to tell me to smoke marijuana and see if it causes insanity, that logic alone is ridiculous and wrote you off in this debate. Those who are wont to taking marijuana anf have made it addictive stand a risk of insanity according my little research. I know the herb is medicinal and has other vital uses, I just gave one of the negative sides of the cannabis. We agree to disagree. Don't quote me again. There's no point dragging it on and on.

You gave me 1 negative side of cannabis (insanity) which is completely false and I gave you several positive sides of cannabis.
Yes, let's agree to disagree.
Have a nice day.
Re: California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) by Jakumo(m): 9:20am On Apr 03, 2022
Still waiting for Nigeria's 2020 Cannabis Control Bill to be passed into law.

God bless Governor Akeredolu of Ondo State and Princess Onuoha of Okigwe North constituency, who tirelessly champion this worthy cause.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Dazzling Crown Resting On Top Of The Queen’s Coffin / Tiger Power Is Dead, Kenya Strongest Man Dies At 72 Years (photos) / Putin To Encircle Europe With Massive War Games Alongside China & Iran (Pix,Vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.