Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,349 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked (19323 Views)

Please My Phone Was Stolen And I Got A Message / Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone / Signs Your Phone Was Hacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Ghostmode2two(m): 7:51am On Jan 03, 2018
eddie7:

By Damilola Ojo http://nigeriacommunicationsweek.com.ng/4-clear-signs-your-phone-was-hacked/

With the rising vice of hacking in our society, it is important to know about some clear signs that can help you discern if your phone has been tampered with in any way. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 4 clear signs your phone was hacked.

Your Phone Suddenly Reboots Itself

This can be caused by two main things. The first is that your phone might be experiencing some performance issues, a system breakdown of some sort. The second is that it might of course have been hacked and the sudden reboot is a consequence of your phone being tapped. Other signs that accompany your phone’s sudden reboot is your phone also suddenly dialing numbers and starting applications on its own.

Noises or Echos During Your Calls

If you all of a sudden start to hear noises or echos during your calls, and this has never happened when you’re either calling those number or making the calls at that location, your phone might have been hacked and your calls are probably being monitored or listened in on.

Appearance of Mysterious Apps

You can all of sudden notice apps on your phone you don’t remember installing, while this might mean that a friend or relative might have installed it without permission, if you can’t point to anyone of those who have access to your phone as the one responsible for installing the app, then you can at that point consider that your phone might have been hacked. Hackers can plant apps on phones to snoop, perform actions on their behalf, explore calendars, access GPS etc. These ‘hacker apps’ can be even be hidden on your phone and be running in the background, this is why you might notice a rapidly decreasing battery life or your phone getting warm out of the blue without you making calls with it or working with it in anyway. To deal with this, it is best to avoid downloading just any kind of app, especially those that come with pop-up ads.

Strange Texts

If you notice strange SMS text messages on your phone or texts that appear as a single square or other strange characters, that might be an attempt by hackers to download spyware or malware onto your device. You should take note of this and be
careful of it.

SOLUTION PLEASE
Re: 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by sinaj(f): 7:51am On Jan 03, 2018
Josephjnr:
Who wan even hack my phone self? E tey wen I comment for nairaland o. Hack my phone and the only thing wen u go the see na "You just withdrew your remaining 500naira in your bank account."
u no knw say 5h na big money wen u dey brokelyn grin

1 Like

Re: 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Nonnyflex(m): 7:51am On Jan 03, 2018
J
Re: 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Hungrychicken(m): 8:06am On Jan 03, 2018
NaoSlay:

My phone is greatly protected both offline and online, I receive various security threat due to my work which involves files. So the security is upgraded automatically by the security app.
which app??
Re: 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by owenseddies: 8:13am On Jan 03, 2018
Burgerlomo:
Abeg wetin be the way forward because I dey receive some strange text. Gracias
Back up your dates first, flash the phone and restore your dates back then you are good to go grin grin cool
Re: 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by stanliwise(m): 8:14am On Jan 03, 2018
izzy4shizzy:
My phone is protected by the blood of jesus
Hacking is not authorized.
Mtchew! I guess you are joking tho.
Re: 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by RZArecta(m): 8:15am On Jan 03, 2018
That means my phone is hacked already cool

Waste of time
Re: 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by eddie7: 8:19am On Jan 03, 2018
Ghostmode2two:

SOLUTION PLEASE
Among so many processes, you can try

https://m.wikihow.com/Prevent-Hacking
Or

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/101/2015/10/10-ways-to-protect-against-hackers/
Or better still, make use of Google or other search engines
Re: 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by chinonyinye: 8:37am On Jan 03, 2018
what if your GPS keeps coming on even after putting it off? once data is on or you're making a call?
Re: 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Diso60090(m): 8:41am On Jan 03, 2018
Jerrypolo:
Nice.

I have experienced few of the mentioned. Who's tryna spy on me?.

Village people on guard show out
Re: 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by godofuck231: 8:46am On Jan 03, 2018
Litblogger:
Features of a CIA movie
Wait till your atm card is cloned and your bank account is drained dry only then you will grip your bank managers tie, now them de teach u, u de form baba salla
Re: 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Jerrypolo(m): 9:07am On Jan 03, 2018
Diso60090:

Village people on guard show out
Village people. But I bought goat for you people for the new year naw?.
What do you want?.
Re: 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by 2shure: 9:08am On Jan 03, 2018
any hacker wey hack naija phone
juz dey waste time.
nothing like boa
chase
paypal
btc sef don hard based on 2fas
malware
spyware
ransom
keylogger
all dat shitt dont work here in naija

1 Like

Re: 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Kobicove(m): 9:19am On Jan 03, 2018
Quite informative article
Re: 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by newslifeop: 10:38am On Jan 03, 2018
Really
Re: 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by MarkWayne89: 11:07am On Jan 03, 2018
I would also add pop-up ads that come out of nowhere. This sort of hacking loads smartphones with adware (ads that behave like viruses).
Re: 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 03, 2018
eddie7:

By Damilola Ojo http://nigeriacommunicationsweek.com.ng/4-clear-signs-your-phone-was-hacked/

With the rising vice of hacking in our society, it is important to know about some clear signs that can help you discern if your phone has been tampered with in any way. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 4 clear signs your phone was hacked.

Your Phone Suddenly Reboots Itself

This can be caused by two main things. The first is that your phone might be experiencing some performance issues, a system breakdown of some sort. The second is that it might of course have been hacked and the sudden reboot is a consequence of your phone being tapped. Other signs that accompany your phone’s sudden reboot is your phone also suddenly dialing numbers and starting applications on its own.

Noises or Echos During Your Calls

If you all of a sudden start to hear noises or echos during your calls, and this has never happened when you’re either calling those number or making the calls at that location, your phone might have been hacked and your calls are probably being monitored or listened in on.

Appearance of Mysterious Apps

You can all of sudden notice apps on your phone you don’t remember installing, while this might mean that a friend or relative might have installed it without permission, if you can’t point to anyone of those who have access to your phone as the one responsible for installing the app, then you can at that point consider that your phone might have been hacked. Hackers can plant apps on phones to snoop, perform actions on their behalf, explore calendars, access GPS etc. These ‘hacker apps’ can be even be hidden on your phone and be running in the background, this is why you might notice a rapidly decreasing battery life or your phone getting warm out of the blue without you making calls with it or working with it in anyway. To deal with this, it is best to avoid downloading just any kind of app, especially those that come with pop-up ads.

Strange Texts

If you notice strange SMS text messages on your phone or texts that appear as a single square or other strange characters, that might be an attempt by hackers to download spyware or malware onto your device. You should take note of this and be
careful of it.

Thankyou.what is the solution.
Re: 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Josephjnr(m): 11:52am On Jan 03, 2018
sinaj:
u no knw say 5h na big money wen u dey brokelyn grin

Funny but na true talk.
Re: 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by izzy4shizzy(m): 1:12pm On Jan 03, 2018
stanliwise:

Mtchew! I guess you are joking tho.

No hiss too much, But still Jesus blood get plenty power
Re: 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by chymer(m): 1:37pm On Jan 03, 2018
validman7:
op, how do we stop it or what's the way out?

cos most of the things u wrote up there do happen with my phone, especially downloading strange apps, the stuff normally subscribes to any package from my network provider.. drains my credit.

i normally turn of "installation of apps from unknown source", but after sometimes it turns on itself.

i really need a way out...

Factory Reset

that's the best solution.
Re: 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 03, 2018
pls o..i changd my sim frm my phone cos the battery went off into my small android fone n i got a msg from my the same sim(number) stating the fone type and my sim is changed n dat if im the one that change it that i should ignore the message with this name LEOMASTER in a bolded bracket at the end of the message..pls weytin e mean o?
Re: 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by validman7(m): 3:21pm On Jan 03, 2018
chymer:

Factory Reset
that's the best solution.
I have done that.. after sometime, it started again.
Re: 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Anaaz: 5:45pm On Feb 24
Life can be so cruel sometimes but even worst when you have a cheating partner. I got to discover my spouse was having an affair through the help of { remote spy wise @ gm ail c o m } who gave me access to his device remotely without his notice. I got access to all social media apps, call logs and sms and deleted datas and messages too. Do not be a victim to lies and mischief. Get in contact with him and stay safe.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 / Official Updated PA Google Apps For All Rom's [4.4.x] / FG Again Extends NIN Deadline By 8 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.