Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Sgf Yayale Ahmed Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Us Again! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sgf Yayale Ahmed Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Us Again! (1266 Views)

Sacking Anambra Senators Is Nothing, APC Will Never Represent Us. / Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Udechukwu As Lawyer To Represent Him / No Ex-govt Official Should Leave Nigeria After May 29 – Yayale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sgf Yayale Ahmed Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Us Again! by ladi02(m): 8:33pm On Apr 07, 2010
Did anyone see Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) Yayale Ahmed signing the new bilateral agreement between Nigeria and the US. The man was looking so confused and disorganised. Hillary Clinton sef was looking dissapointed at who she was dealing with.

I know he is not meant to represent Nigeria outside the Country, but because there was no Minister. His attitude shows the man should go and be rearing cattle instead of holding the position of a SGF angry
Re: Sgf Yayale Ahmed Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Us Again! by labiyemmy(m): 8:38pm On Apr 07, 2010
what are your reasons? Because he wanted to sit when in fact he should be standing? Thge fact that he took the wrong copy of the agreement or the fact that he shook Hillary's hand like if to break it? Which one is your grouse?
Re: Sgf Yayale Ahmed Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Us Again! by desgiezd(m): 8:49pm On Apr 07, 2010
@labiyemmy:

what are your reasons? Because he wanted to sit when in fact he should be standing? Thge fact that he took the wrong copy of the agreement or the fact that he shook Hillary's hand like if to break it? Which one is your grouse?

If all these could happen within the period the guy met with Clinton, then the poster's allegation of confusion and disorganisation is justified. The Ministry of External affairs people should have properly schooled him
Re: Sgf Yayale Ahmed Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Us Again! by ladi02(m): 8:55pm On Apr 07, 2010
@labiyemmy:

cool No i think it was the part when he was staring at Hillary's face during her address

thank God Ajumogobia is in the Ministry now, and can represent the country better
Re: Sgf Yayale Ahmed Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Us Again! by safeact(m): 8:58pm On Apr 07, 2010
His appearance, comportment! He seems to be lost in a deep sea. If i should his mind correctly, he was as if ''are my really d person in d white house in USA transacting biz with Clinton of all people! Oh i made a mistake, i should have won suit rather than safari caftan, no i represent africa attire". With all these taughts,he felt very inferior b4 Clinton.
Re: Sgf Yayale Ahmed Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Us Again! by desgiezd(m): 9:07pm On Apr 07, 2010
safeact:

His appearance, comportment! He seems to be lost in a deep sea. If i should his mind correctly, he was as if ''are my really d person in d white house in USA transacting biz with Clinton of all people! Oh i made a mistake, i should have won suit rather than safari caftan, no i represent africa attire". With all these taughts,he felt very inferior b4 Clinton.

I guess Yar Adua's performance was worse in 2007 when he met with George Bush in the White House. Laughing sheepishly like an elementary school boy, he said he was very priviledged to be in the White House and that he never taught he would be in such a place in his lifetime!
Re: Sgf Yayale Ahmed Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Us Again! by Nobody: 2:25am On Apr 08, 2010
Yayale Ahmed is a man I respect his antecedents

But I have said this before and I was criticized for disrespecting our culture.

People should stop wearing sleeping gowns when they are representing us abroad, there is no unified cultural attire in this country and even when there is I don't suppose the likes of Ghanaians, Ivorians, South Africans!!!!!!! have less cultures than we do. I don't know if any culture in Africa is more colourful than those of Jacob Zuma's Zulu's but when he is on Government Business abroad he dresses officially in Business Suits.

I have not seen anything special we have achieved as a Nation other than betraying unfounded arrogance when people wear sleeping gowns to world events.

Once upon a time it was Tafawa Balewa and Turbans, Then we now had Alex Ekwueme with red cap, latter we had Obasanjo with babaringa and his yoruba cap, and very soon it will be Jonathan and his Etibo and resource control cap. This betrays a Nation with many ethnic Nationalities whose leaders take pleasure in projecting the pride of their immediate ethnic culture instead of presenting a united front.

And then when violent clashes arise around the country and International media report what a divided Nation we are. We work extra hard to deny that actually we are a divided Nation.
But How many times have our leaders sown the seed of division when they represent NIGERIA abroad in ethnic attires which more than anything reminds us of what ethnic group are at the helms of affairs of the Nation? Does this not go a little further to excite the quest for power and struggle between ethnic Nationalities?

SYMBOLISMS MATTER IN POLITICS AND SO DO GESTURES, FOR YOU CAN NOT KNOW WHAT MEN THINK BUT YOU CAN MAKE A JUDGEMENT ON THEIR THOUGHT PROCESS BASED ON THEIR GESTURES.

Its time for our gestures in politics to begin to reflect the secular aspirations of Nigeria.
Re: Sgf Yayale Ahmed Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Us Again! by Beaf: 6:30am On Apr 08, 2010
Everything was wrong with poor Yayale. He kept casting furtive glances here and there like he was suddenly going to bolt for dear life in desperate cornered animal style. His gown looked old, weather beaten, dirty, the wrong colour and No! . . .There was actually a stain on it!
He kept fidgeting and scratching, sitting at the wrong time, offering his hand at the wrong time, bowing when shaking hands, shaking hands like he was catching a fish bare handed.
The worst bit came when he spoke and said, "I am humbled". Humbled by what exactly, Mr Yayale? He went on; "Simply by signing this document, we set our country on the right path to development". HOW?

I am in mourning.
Re: Sgf Yayale Ahmed Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Us Again! by 9ijaprince(m): 6:55am On Apr 08, 2010
Oh poor aboki
Re: Sgf Yayale Ahmed Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Us Again! by marvix(m): 7:27am On Apr 08, 2010
You guys are damn funny, abeg leave d man, he didn't xpect dat he wld b makin dat trip Jonathan was supposed 2 b there personally.

If some of u were placed in dat venue u may actually perform worse, no need 2 worry guyman Ajumogobia will b representin us henceforth.
Re: Sgf Yayale Ahmed Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Us Again! by Beaf: 11:11am On Apr 08, 2010
marvix:

You guys are damn funny, abeg leave d man, he didn't xpect dat he wld b makin dat trip Jonathan was supposed 2 b there personally.

If some of u were placed in dat venue u may actually perform worse, no need 2 worry guyman Ajumogobia will b representin us henceforth.

True, we should cut the guy a lot of slack sha.
He was sent on a trip that isn't in his job brief, a great percentage of people suddenly exposed to such stratospheric levels of diplomacy would be very uncomfortable. The man isn't a career diplomat.
Re: Sgf Yayale Ahmed Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Us Again! by mbulela: 11:23am On Apr 08, 2010
una no go kill me with laff.
Those complaining about the babaringa have forgotten the leader slippers that goes with it.
Re: Sgf Yayale Ahmed Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Us Again! by jimmysho(m): 4:11pm On Apr 08, 2010
so, european dress has now bcome official dress in naija? na wa ooooooo
Re: Sgf Yayale Ahmed Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Us Again! by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 08, 2010
jimmysho:

so, european dress has now bcome official dress in naija? na wa ooooooo

What is the official Nigerian dress.

And by the way go check history (the scotish, Irish, English, French, Romans all had traditional dresses and its not Business Suits)
Re: Sgf Yayale Ahmed Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Us Again! by kokoA(m): 4:42pm On Apr 08, 2010
Lol. Make una leave my yayaboy abeg. Ah! He tried to the best of his abilities. If na me, onli God sabi hw I for handle am. Iol. The guy still remains one of the best beurocrats we've got in Naija sha.
Re: Sgf Yayale Ahmed Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Us Again! by desthan(m): 6:01pm On Apr 08, 2010
mikeansy:

People should stop wearing sleeping gowns when they are representing us abroad, there is no unified cultural attire in this country and even when there is I don't suppose the likes of Ghanaians, Ivorians, South Africans!!!!!!! have less cultures than we do. I don't know if any culture in Africa is more colourful than those of Jacob Zuma's Zulu's but when he is on Government Business abroad he dresses officially in Business Suits.

I have not seen anything special we have achieved as a Nation other than betraying unfounded arrogance when people wear sleeping gowns to world events.

Once upon a time it was Tafawa Balewa and Turbans, Then we now had Alex Ekwueme with red cap, latter we had Obasanjo with babaringa and his yoruba cap, and very soon it will be Jonathan and his Etibo and resource control cap. This betrays a Nation with many ethnic Nationalities whose leaders take pleasure in projecting the pride of their immediate ethnic culture instead of presenting a united front.

And then when violent clashes arise around the country and International media report what a divided Nation we are. We work extra hard to deny that actually we are a divided Nation.
But How many times have our leaders sown the seed of division when they represent NIGERIA abroad in ethnic attires which more than anything reminds us of what ethnic group are at the helms of affairs of the Nation? Does this not go a little further to excite the quest for power and struggle between ethnic Nationalities?

SYMBOLISMS MATTER IN POLITICS AND SO DO GESTURES, FOR YOU CAN NOT KNOW WHAT MEN THINK BUT YOU CAN MAKE A JUDGEMENT ON THEIR THOUGHT PROCESS BASED ON THEIR GESTURES.

Its time for our gestures in politics to begin to reflect the secular aspirations of Nigeria.

DAMN STRAIGHT! ! !. You couldn't have put it any better.
Re: Sgf Yayale Ahmed Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Us Again! by paddylo1(m): 7:56pm On Apr 08, 2010

Am sorry dude,but u dont know what u are talking about, check out the Indian prime minister abroad
he proudly rocks his native attire,

As usual with us Nigerians we prefer to tackle the surface, instead of the depth
Yayale Ahmeds wearing whatever clothes is not the problem,but the man who wears it is what we should worry about

Let us try and get the right ppl in the right places first
before we bother about which outfits they choose to wear

and if u must know Nigeria has more culture than those countries u listed
because there are more than 250 different ethnic/cultural groups in our dear country
so we should be free to celebrate our culture anywhere in the world

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Result In Atiku's Home State Adamawa, Oh What A Big Loss. / Boko Haram: We Killed Gubio ! / Fa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.