Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (570987 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cyndy1000(f): 10:23pm On Feb 08, 2018
Thanks for the mention. still following

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by ayotomiwa01(f): 11:03am On Feb 09, 2018
interesting update...more grace ma

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by ClarissaXX(f): 3:57pm On Feb 09, 2018
I need a guy like Oba in my life grin

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by HelenBee(f): 4:06pm On Feb 09, 2018
ClarissaXX:
Lol,why? So he can help you wash your stained panties??

6 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by ClarissaXX(f): 4:28pm On Feb 09, 2018
HelenBee:
Lol,why? So he can help you wash your stained panties??
ahan not necessarily that Na grin
he seems caring

Good evening

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cbella(f): 8:44pm On Feb 09, 2018
So Oba is still in dreamland..... Some one tap him and tell him it's afternoon grin

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Deckline(m): 8:50pm On Feb 09, 2018
ClarissaXX:
Search no more. I'm here,but i can't wash your stuff sha.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by ClarissaXX(f): 10:33pm On Feb 09, 2018
Deckline:

Search no more. I'm here,but i can't wash your stuff sha.
LMAOOOOOOO it's not that bad
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Deckline(m): 12:46am On Feb 10, 2018
ClarissaXX:
LMAOOOOOOO it's not that bad
Its terrible.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Mcweber(m): 7:04am On Feb 10, 2018
E dakun, is this thread still alive?
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Deckline(m): 7:44am On Feb 10, 2018
cbella:
So Oba is still in dreamland..... Some one tap him and tell him it's afternoon grin
My dear, its not a dream o. Crystal is actually falling for Oba,that keke napep driver. Infact,they are both falling for theirselves. Crystal's brain is not 100%
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by ClarissaXX(f): 8:31am On Feb 10, 2018
Deckline:
Its terrible.
grin grin
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cbella(f): 1:46pm On Feb 10, 2018
Deckline:

My dear, its not a dream o. Crystal is actually falling for Oba,that keke napep driver. Infact,they are both falling for theirselves. Crystal's brain is not 100%

Lol!! I believe Oba is still dreaming... grin grin

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Mcweber(m): 3:39pm On Feb 10, 2018
Only God knows how many times I have been here to check for updates...this can be frustrating mehn undecided

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by HARMYMY(f): 5:15pm On Feb 10, 2018
Mcweber:
Only God knows how many times I have been here to check for updates...this can be frustrating mehn undecided
Calm down OP might be busy or attending to some others thing
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Mcweber(m): 5:25pm On Feb 10, 2018
HARMYMY:

Calm down OP might be busy or attending to some others thing
issokay
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 8:18pm On Feb 10, 2018
EZINNE
I was busy preparing to host the members of the circle. A day was already fixed, my new circle of friends are to pay me an official visit for the first time. Though three of them already knew my place.
There was a day I ran into one of our guys in Victoria Island at the time when my car was at the mechanic. He saw me and offered to give me a ride home. He brought me home and that was how we became good friends.
Ever since the day he gave me a ride, we've been on the calls and chatting level aside the WhatsApp group chat. He also invited me over to his house once.

I started having feelings for him along the line. Very funny right! No wonder Crystal said she knows who I like, but then I haven't even started having this feeling. "Crystal and her gut" I shrugged.

The D-Day came, all the ladies assembled at my place to help out with the cooking. We were all happy for Crystal as her hand was now very much okay. She even drove herself down to my place.
Since the guys still insist that they want food made with our own hands and not caterers, we had no other choice than to fix it . I kind of reason with them though because the rules will help the ladies to be better in managing their home especially those who came from home where they hardly enter the kitchen example Hauwa.
We started prepations and as usual gist was rolling in at the same time while everyone was busy with one thing or the other in the kitchen.
Crystal told us that Zite's fiance is around.
“She arrived not quite long before she came to my place. I told her to rest as she wanted to come with me to help out. I told her we don't really have much to do" She informed.
"At last, I'll meet her" I said.
"Sure, you will meet our wife today" Crystal said with a smile.
"Hauwa! I called.

______________Toyin Taiwo
"Yes dear" she replied. “Crystal and I visited Dady Afam's house. That interior decorator was beautiful. I was wowed. Well done, I give to you"
"Thank you.... I'm glad you love it" Hauwa said feeling proud of herself
"See ojoro, so all of you already knows the place except me. It's unfair o” Hauwa tackled.
"Who are you blaming for that, I called you but you said you're helping your sweetheart out with something" Crystal countered.
"Ok...ok...fine" Enitan admitted.
Hauwa and Enitan started teasing Crystal about her relationship with Soma.
"Can you guys just deal with. I said it's over between Soma and I. Abeg free the guy too and allow him move on because I'm very sure you people are on his neck as well" Crystal snapped at them while they were still on teasing her.
The ladies faces shows disappointment. I felt bad too with the way things are, considering what those two have been through.
"Guys!!! Soma and I are cool but it can’t happen" Crystal said calmly to ease the mood.
"If not Soma, then who? Hauwa asked with concern.
"Babe, you need to start dating. Seriously" Enitan added.
"I actually have someone who really likes me but......
"But what again...? Enny cut in.
"It's complicated"
"Now this is what I don't like which one is 'it’s complicated’ again” Enny asked curiously.
"Can we stop talking about me and talk about someone else, Ezinne to be precised" She winked at me.
"Crystal, don't start!" I pointed at her playfully.
"I will start and you can shut my mouth. So how far with you and this guy you like so much" She said and I wonder if Crystal is stalking my heart or something.
"Wait o, did she tell you about any guy? Hauwa asked.
"She doesn't have to but I have eyes plus I trust my gut" Crystal replied her.

Then Enitan faced me closely. "Madam eagle eyes said there's a guy. So....tell us about him"
"Don't mind Crystal, there's no guy. Though I have admirers at work but I don't feel them" I defended.
"That's because she has eyes for someone else" Crystal countered me.
"Hauwa, Enny, please ignore her" I said.
"Ok oooo" They both chorused.
"Please excuse me I need to get something in the room" I said and left the kitchen.

____________________Toyin Taiwo

ENITAN
I remembered that the last time I hangout with the girls, Crystal mentioned that Ezinne likes someone. My question is who is the guy? And why did Crystal refused to spill the beans. I decided to engage Hauwa in my thought.
"Hauwa! Since Crystal refused to let us know who the guy is. Then I'll find out myself. I'll be on the look out. Eagle eyes activated!".
"Same here, Infact my detective mode is activated" Hauwa concurred with me and we all laughed.
Ezinne walked into the kitchen and we all continued with our cooking. Thanks to the gisting before we knew it we were done with the preparations.
We showered and change into another clothes. The guys started falling in one after the other. Luckily Ezinne's compound is big, it accommodated all their cars. I'm sure her neighbours will be wondering if she's having a birthday party.
The show began as Zite lead the opening prayer, he also took the time to pray and bless our host. Before then we had introduced Ezinne and Bisi as they we're meeting for the first time.
After the prayer. Crystal led us into worship that was glorious. The rich voices of the guys blended with ours as we sang in part. Sometimes I wondered why we didn't sing as group for a living. We would have made a good singing group.
After that we had some discussions but I was surprised Crystal and Soma's case didn't come up and I think I'm not in position to raise the issue since she made herself clear earlier. We also talked about the upcoming events which includes Crystal Daddy's house warming party which we were all invited.
Then the food and drinks was shared.
One thing is sure, I know the guy Crystal is talking about is in the circle that's why Crystal refused to mention the person. Then I turned on my eagle eyes. I started looking for eye contacts. Suddenly I caught Soma and Ezinne making eye contact with each other. Not once, not twice.
"It's a lie" I said to myself and gave myself a little knock on the head. "Enitan Stop insinuating what is not" I cautioned myself.
Then I heard a voice behind me. "Detective mode activated. Did you see what I'm seeing" That was Hauwa whispering.

"Yes, but....
"Are we actually right?" She asked.
But before I could answer the sound system came up and everyone is already picking a dance partner. My fiance is already coming towards me.
"We shall talk later" I said and Dume took my hands as she turned to leave my side.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Bdemmy4real: 8:25pm On Feb 10, 2018
Thanks for the update....i knew it!Ezinne n soma

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Deckline(m): 8:36pm On Feb 10, 2018
Crystal will surely die of jealousy! Shebi you want to date keke napep driver. #kotinue.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rchilee: 8:50pm On Feb 10, 2018
Deckline:
Crystal will surely die of jealousy! Shebi you want to date keke napep driver. #kotinue.

hehehehehe, this got me rolling on the floor!
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by labelle123(f): 9:24pm On Feb 10, 2018
Deckline:
laugh wan kill me

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by labelle123(f): 9:27pm On Feb 10, 2018
Deckline:
laugh wan kill me
Thanks for the update you are the bomb
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Deckline(m): 10:26pm On Feb 10, 2018
rchilee:

hehehehehe, this got me rolling on the floor!
My dear, crystal just dey vex me jare.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Deckline(m): 10:28pm On Feb 10, 2018
labelle123:
laugh wan kill me Thanks for the update you are the bomb
Bomb keh... Please o. I will bomb near you.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by marychommy(f): 1:52am On Feb 11, 2018
Deckline:
Noooo I can't see her dying of jealousy do u kn why because she is in love already and from d onset she knew abt dem. Pls what Is wrong with taxi driver a graduate dat couldn't secure job remember Daddy Afam's company coming up Oba will start work der
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Deckline(m): 7:25am On Feb 11, 2018
marychommy:
Noooo I can't see her dying of jealousy do u kn why because she is in love already and from d onset she knew abt dem. Pls what Is wrong with taxi driver a graduate dat couldn't secure job remember Daddy Afam's company coming up Oba will start work der
I don't know if you have heard about "1st Love".. Girls can't really get over their first love easily. Let's just continue reading. For me, Crystal and Oba together is a no no.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by marychommy(f): 7:53am On Feb 11, 2018
Deckline:

I don't know if you have heard about "1st Love".. Girls can't really get over their first love easily. Let's just continue reading. For me, Crystal and Oba together is a no no.
I was once a girl and my first I can't even recall his name and face. Do u kn why cos am really over him. letz keep on
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Buchi07(m): 12:25pm On Feb 11, 2018
marychommy:
I was once a girl and my first I can't even recall his name and face. Do u kn why cos am really over him. letz keep on
Sorry but i no believe this one. Happy sunday anyways
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Deckline(m): 12:44pm On Feb 11, 2018
Buchi07:
Sorry but i no believe this one. Happy sunday anyways
Make she dey deceive herself na... She no remember the face of the guy but she remember say she get crush on the guy before. How come? and she still mention am for nairaland so.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by ClarissaXX(f): 1:14pm On Feb 11, 2018
Deckline:

Was with you and the oba guy sef?
kuku collect the story from Op And Start Writing It.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pricelessangel0(f): 1:41pm On Feb 11, 2018
marychommy:
Once A Girl? So What Happen Now? U Are No Longer One? Happy Sunday
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Deckline(m): 1:57pm On Feb 11, 2018
ClarissaXX:
Was with you and the oba guy sef?
kuku collect the story from Op And Start Writing It.
My dear,its my comment na. Public opinion. Freedom of expression. The Op no vex na.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (67) (Reply)

My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes / Beauty And The Mechanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.