Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,738 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (570723 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Fetula4u: 9:18pm On Dec 19, 2018
rachealfst:
Thank God, God bless you.
Amen.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Fetula4u: 9:21pm On Dec 19, 2018
rachealfst:
Thank God, God bless you.
Am presently reading one of ur book now "wrong number"trust me i will let u knw wen am done.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:40am On Dec 20, 2018
Fetula4u:

Am presently reading one of ur book now "wrong number"trust me i will let u knw wen am done.
Alright, thanks.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Bridgovoks: 1:40pm On Apr 03, 2019
Ooh what a shame
The hedge is broken
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Bridgovoks: 3:45pm On Apr 03, 2019
A masterpiece
A lot of lessons learnt here
God bless you
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Slimynonny: 10:38pm On Apr 11, 2019
This is bomb....its indeed a masterpiece....kudos op and may you never run short of inspirations.....bt d story hasnt finished oooo
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Kaycee9242(m): 12:28am On Apr 12, 2019
Slimynonny:
This is bomb....its indeed a masterpiece....kudos op and may you never run short of inspirations.....bt d story hasnt finished oooo

the party 2 is on already na
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Slimynonny: 10:02am On Apr 13, 2019
Kaycee9242:

the party 2 is on already na
Abeg give me the link or the name
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Kaycee9242(m): 2:20pm On Apr 13, 2019
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Slimynonny: 2:49pm On Apr 13, 2019
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by jaydave226(m): 2:57pm On May 05, 2019
I stumbled on this peace after a year it had been done. I really commend you, Madam Toyin. I like the way you carefully crafted and plotted the story. I love your choice your words though you'll need to be doing more of editing on subsequent stories. I must also commend your usage of the local dialects reminds me of chimamanda adichie and wole soyinka.

I Must say it got me glued to the very end and it speaks of values that ought to be upheld by this generation of youths. Good job plus more power to your elbow!
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Ormorlehwah(f): 1:51pm On May 16, 2019
rachealfst:
Thanks, I'll be expecting your mail.
God bless your creativity.
Please I love to read Anike
Obikoyaomolewa@gmail.com
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by GlowJacobs(f): 5:25pm On May 24, 2019
am just reading this story! it's wow! Great job to the writer! beautiful plot to the story and has moral lessons to learn too. welldone ma!
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by prettydive(f): 11:56am On May 30, 2019
U don't seize to amuse me toyin.. Ur life story even if it was a private one u still shared with us... I love how u stood up nd rise for urself.. If God has answered ur prayers den d generations learning from ur story would have been deprived of it.... Ur story (wrong number) was. A blast (anike) was a lite nd d one am reading (broken hedge) extraordinary I promise to read all ur books here cos u re now one of my favorite writer I posted on nairaland about two yrs ago but now I must say something here cos u made my day a worthy one.. god bless ur brain... More knowledge for u all ur past sorrow will now be an everlasting joy.... I love u day in day out... I ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ d way u write... God bless u from me sincerely PRETTYDIVE....... MY NAME IS BOLA DOU... LOVE U PLENTY
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 5:34pm On May 30, 2019
prettydive:
U don't seize to amuse me toyin.. Ur life story even if it was a private one u still shared with us... I love how u stood up nd rise for urself.. If God has answered ur prayers den d generations learning from ur story would have been deprived of it.... Ur story (wrong number) was. A blast (anike) was a lite nd d one am reading (broken hedge) extraordinary I promise to read all ur books here cos u re now one of my favorite writer I posted on nairaland about two yrs ago but now I must say something here cos u made my day a worthy one.. god bless ur brain... More knowledge for u all ur past sorrow will now be an everlasting joy.... I love u day in day out... I ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ d way u write... God bless u from me sincerely PRETTYDIVE....... MY NAME IS BOLA DOU... LOVE U PLENTY
Wow!!! I'm short of words. Thank you so.....much and a big AMEN to your prayers. God bless you, love you too. I'm really honored.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by dammypat(f): 8:47am On Jun 01, 2019
God bless you ma'am for this story
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:27pm On Jun 07, 2019
dammypat:
God bless you ma'am for this story
Amen, God bless you too.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Bigdreams(m): 12:48pm On Sep 18, 2019
rachealfst:
Amen, God bless you too.

Started reading this story yesterday and finished just some few minutes ago.

God bless you real good.

May your oil never run dry.

God will restore all the years you have lost in Jesus name.

You are blessed Toyin Taiwo.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Taniaa(f): 1:36pm On Sep 18, 2019
Amazon24:
This story is cool but u never completed the stories for once .

CRYSTAL

I looked myself up in the mirror while putting finishing touches to my light make up. I turned around to check out myself one more time when I was done and deep inside me I say thank you to my maker who wonderfully made a tall, slim, fair, set and beautiful woman out of me. Like my friends use to tease God actually took his time when creating me.

I checked my Casio Ladies digital wrist watch. I have 10minutes left to leave the house. I hurriedly put on my Christian Dior sling back heels. I use my finger to move the elastic sling to the back of my ankle. I did same for the second foot. All suit up and ready for work, I wore Calvin Klein's forbidden Euphoria perfume and left my room. Then I bumped into my Mum”

“Watch out young woman!”

“Sorry….Good morning mum”

“Otutuoma (Good Morning)my darling. Hmm.. looking good as always”

“Thanks mum” I said flashing my white dentition.

“Set for work?”

“Yes mum. You?”

“Today is teacher’s day, I won’t be leaving the house until 10am we have a small get together in school”

“Happy teacher’s day Mummy. You are the best teacher in the whole wide world” I hugged her. I’m not flattering her, that’s the truth and all her students adores her.

“Thank you my darling”

“And thanks for everything you taught me mum. Academically, morally, mentally socially, spiritually and all”

“I’m glad you never throw them into thrash nwa(child). Look at you, you’ve grown into a fine and independent woman”

“All thanks to you Mum. Now, I need to run”

“I made scrambled eggs and toast” She informed.

“For me! is it because today is teacher’s day? What happens to your ‘you don’t cook, you don’t eat rule'

“Let’s say I’m celebrating teacher’s day” She smiled.

“Oh! I’ll pack it, thanks. Bye Mum, see you in the evening” I said and gave her a side hug.

"Ka e mesia (good bye)" she replied.

I took my car keys and left the house. I turned on the ignition of my Toyota avensis and zoomed out. As the clinical data manager of one of the the top ten pharmaceutical company in the world, I had a major role to play in the company. Chemochezzy Pharm is a household name in Nigeria and all over the world, owned by a foreigner.

Fortunately for me, I got the job based on merit, no connection, nothing. I was promoted 10 months after I joined the company with a six digit basic salary and jumbo allowances. I was passionate with my job. With my second class upper I never thought I could get the job when graduates with first class also applied for the job. Although, I already had my masters degree before I got the job. Fortunately for me at the interview stage, I won the hearts of the Interviewers.

My job was so demanding that I hardly had time to run personal business like some of my friends. I went through trainings, I just concluded a program that got me certified by the Clinical data management. I'm currently running another professional course. The competition here in the company is very high. So you have to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty, I mean work hard. You have to keep up with standard certification if you want to stay afloat, have the top post and be relevant in the pharmaceutical industry at large. I willing to do all this because I love what I do, I love my job. I have big dreams. I want to be a consultant so I plan on starting my PhD soon. There are heights I want to achieve.

In few years time I see my self as the minister for health at state level and more. Like I said I have a big dreams and I have to add value to myself, so I need all the necessary qualifications in case opportunity presents itself in the future.

My mum had two large stores in the house, she gave me one of the stores while she used the other to run her supermarket. I just opened a very big pharmaceutical store which is really thriving well but it is solely run by mum, because I don't have the time. Since I have enough money, My mum we never allow me leave alone till I get married and the truth is that if she allow me, I can’t leave her too. We only have each other. I decided to invest with my money. I also bought shares in the company.

I have a meeting that morning by 9:00am. I drove into my personal parking space. It was labeled CDM (Clinical data manager) I walked into the company using the Head of departments elevator. I stepped into the elevator tagged HODs only.

Click.. I was already on the 5th floor which lead directly to my office. My secretary stood up immediately she sighted me and walked up to me. She helped me with my hand bag and laptop bag.
“Good morning ma”

“Good morning Silver”
I stepped into my office settled down and prayed briefly. I checked the time I still have less than an hour to brush over my presentation. I had done my homework well and can’t afford to fumble. The CEO and the board of directors which consists of whites are all going to be present at the meeting. I had to give my best.
My secretary was still standing in front of me. “Anything?”

“Your schedule ma.. ”

“Cancel all my schedule for the day” I cut in. You of all people know how long the executives meeting takes. Only God knows when I’ll come back into this office today.

“I understand ma”

“Once you notice it’s getting late and I’m not yet back, just go home so it won’t be like the last time”

“ I’ll wait for you ma”

“If it’s fine with you” I said and dismissed her.

Let me use this spare time to introduce myself. My name is Crystal Monachisom Ejiofor. I’m 27 years old. Ejiofor is my mum’s maiden name. I answer my maternal grandfather’s name. I’m the only child of my mother. Well if you are wondering about my father, he doesn’t exist at least to me. He abandoned my Mum 28 years ago after putting her in the family way. It was later my mum discovered he had a family, a wife and a kid. She played and fooled my mother. He denied ever knowing my mum and denied my paternity. She took up the responsibility. Thank God she has a stable job. She teaches in a federal government secondary school and never married till date.
At 26 she was already a single mother who gave up her bright future for me. I never met him in person my I mum only she’s e pictures. He tried, he’s handsome no wonder he was able to sweep my mum off her feet. My mum is beautiful and fair even at age 53. I took after her, the only difference is that I’m tall while she’s average height and I’m very sure I took after that apologetic father of mine. Men still made advances at her even at her age. From the landlords in our estate, her school principal even some divorcee and widower in the church. They all wanted her for a wife.
The knocked on my door brought me back to the present. It was my secretary, she brought in a cup of coffee.

_______________Toyin Taiwo
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Gvnl(f): 10:40am On Sep 21, 2019
Please how do I get this book??
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Gvnl(f): 10:43am On Sep 21, 2019
Bigdreams:

Started reading this story yesterday and finished just some few minutes ago.

God bless you real good.

May your oil never run dry.

God will restore all the years you have lost in Jesus name.

Good morning. Please have you read the complete story?

If yes, how can I get the complete story?
Thank you.
You are blessed Toyin Taiwo.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by gladade(f): 10:01pm On Sep 21, 2019
Wow wow wow

I hardly make comments on stories I read but I am really touched and impressed with your stories and they are full of life lessons and reason to serve God the more.i pray the glory of God will continue to shine on u as you reach out to person. God bless you so much Aunty Taiwo. You remain a wonder to your generation.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 5:39pm On May 20, 2022
gladade:
Wow wow wow

I hardly make comments on stories I read but I am really touched and impressed with your stories and they are full of life lessons and reason to serve God the more.i pray the glory of God will continue to shine on u as you reach out to person. God bless you so much Aunty Taiwo. You remain a wonder to your generation.
Just going through the thread and saw this. Thank you so much ma. I'm truly grateful. God bless you.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by jullyrosy(f): 7:47pm On May 20, 2022
rachealfst:
Just going through the thread and saw this. Thank you so much ma. I'm truly grateful. God bless you.

U don't write anymore?
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 7:48pm On May 28, 2022
jullyrosy:

U don't write anymore?
By God's grace, I still do.

Have you read:
Tolerated
Pastorzoned
Underrated
More Than A Craving.......?
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by jullyrosy(f): 8:11pm On May 29, 2022
rachealfst:
By God's grace, I still do.

Have you read:
Tolerated
Pastorzoned
Underrated
More Than A Craving.......?

I have read all..
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Akor10(m): 12:35am On Jun 03, 2022
May the blessings of God never depart from you dear writter. This is really what we the youth needs to read and listen to this days.this is the first story that got my tears and made me want to draw close to God.i appreciate your time and effort in this books.
God bless you.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:35pm On Jun 04, 2022
jullyrosy:

I have read all..
Wow! Thank you so much ma. God bless you.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:38pm On Jun 04, 2022
Akor10:
May the blessings of God never depart from you dear writter. This is really what we the youth needs to read and listen to this days.this is the first story that got my tears and made me want to draw close to God.i appreciate your time and effort in this books.
God bless you.
Amen to your prayers. Thank you so...... much for the feedback. God bless you sir.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 12:14pm On Jan 22
You can now get the PDF copy of my books @12Thrones online Bookstore using this link:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61555074406353

Thanks.
God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (Reply)

My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes / Beauty And The Mechanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.