Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (570618 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by yvesboss(m): 9:09pm On Feb 20, 2018
Now i have got something to kill boredom...bring it on Rachealfst...God bless you

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:50pm On Feb 20, 2018
Pinkberry5:
Aunty writer, this story is on fire o, chai! May God continue to bless and enrich your life in Jesus name.
Amen, thanks.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by olatex25(m): 10:54pm On Feb 20, 2018
this is getting more interesting...... daddy Afam, don't worry Amara na our woman. she has fall in love.... thanks for the dedication, I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by kaytolee(m): 11:56pm On Feb 20, 2018
hmmmm obirin
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Dessydemmy: 9:07am On Feb 21, 2018
Amara stop killing the fire of love na. Weldone dear.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by tillaman(m): 9:21am On Feb 21, 2018
Madam Toyin, I really don't know how God will do it buh he's gonna give u every reason to celebrate for the rest of ur stay on earth!! Keep it coming

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Eddyella(f): 3:52pm On Feb 21, 2018
The story z getting more interesting .Beatrice want 2 see my red eyes,henhen better be careful.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by ClarissaXX(f): 5:34pm On Feb 21, 2018
Deckline:

and you get sense. why calling it "humble beinging". It's humble beginning. never u look down on the importance of education.
OMG!
grin grin
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 3:06pm On Feb 22, 2018
olatex25:
this is getting more interesting......
daddy Afam, don't worry Amara na our woman. she has fall in love....
thanks for the dedication, I really appreciate
You are welcome. It's been a while, how's family? Regards.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 3:06pm On Feb 22, 2018
tillaman:
Madam Toyin, I really don't know how God will do it buh he's gonna give u every reason to celebrate for the rest of ur stay on earth!! Keep it coming
Amen, thanks so much. God bless you.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 3:31pm On Feb 22, 2018
OBA
I drove Daddy Afam back to the hotel. We got to the hotel, cleaned up while he ordered for food. I asked when he's finally leaving the hotel and he said he’ll check out on Saturday morning, that's the day of the house warming ceremony. I know I had to talk to with him about Crystal. The room service came in to clear the dishes. Then I told him I'll like to have a talk with him.
"Go on, I'm listening" he said.

"Sir, I have something to tell you. No I mean I want to ask you for something. Though I know this is not the right time but...

"Is it about Crystal?" He said interrupting my last sentence. I was shocked, my eyes almost pop out of it's sockets.

"Sir....

"Oba I've you told her about your feelings for her"

"Sir how....

"Oba I've spent more than five decades on planet earth. I'm a man and I recognize a man in love when I see one. Have you told her?"

"I planned on asking her out officially but I'd like to seek your permission first"

"And if I say no"

"Sir!"

"You don't have to, the ball is in her court. If she love you back, then the two of you have my blessings.

"Thank you very much sir" I prostrated, I was so happy he consented.

"Stand up and sit" I sat and I felt sad all of a sudden.
"Why the long face again" he asked.

"Daddy Afam, I'm sure of Crystal's feelings for me. I just hope my background and status won't get in the way. How will she introduce someone like me to all his rich and famous friends" I said pouring out my mind.
"I don't think your status can get in the way. More so you are a hard working man, a graduate with potentials. I've forwarded your CV to some of my business partners. Don’t worry, you’ll get a good job.

___________Toyin Taiwo
I told you that you are free to come work for me when the company is opened but you said no and I know it's because of Crystal but left to me I see nothing wrong in that"

"Thank you very much sir for your help. It means a lot to me. Thanks for boosting my confidence sir"

"Oba, no need to thank me. Ever since I knew I had a daughter and you became a part of my life, I've always wished to have someone like you as son in-law"

"I'm flattered, you like me that much?"

"I love you like my own son Oba, I don't know how you get into my heart but you did. Remember the first time we all ate at Amara's place. That day I wish the four of us can live like that for the rest of our lives"

"Seriously Daddy Afam you've been more than a father and if God have it that way and I ended up been your son in-law I promise you won't regret it"

"Just tell Crystal before someone else corner her. You know how pretty my daughter is" he said proudly and we both laughed.
Of course he’s right, I have to be fast about it, so I won’t loose her to someone else.

"I'd like to take my leave now sir"

"Yeah, it's been a long day. Thank you for everything Oba. Also I'll like to give the vigilantes a token for their help" he said and brought out two envelope.

"Here" he handed the first envelope a bit bulky. "And this is for you" he handed me the second envelope.

"No sir, you don't have to do this"

"Oba you didn't work all day, you are with us all through. Remember you'll soon have a girlfriend to cater for" he said jokingly.

"More reason why I won't collect it, I can't get paid for looking out for my girlfriend to be" I said jokingly too.
"Hmm... I think you are right I shouldn't pay you for that" he said and open his arms and gave me a bear hug. I left the hotel afterwards.
____________________Toyin Taiwo

CRYSTAL
Mum came to my room later in the day. She hugged me tightly and she was close to tears.
“Mummy what?”

“Never you shut me out of your life again”

Now I understand why. This what about the story I told her. “Mum, I’m sorry for disappointing you”

“We all have our flaws but never you go through any difficult time alone. I’ll always be there for you no matter what”

“Thanks Mum” I said and Mum started crying again.
“I though I gave you the best life, I never knew you’ve suffered this much my baby. You handled a miscarriage all alone. Oh my world!”

“Mum, it’s ok. I’m fine now, that’s in the past” I said trying to calm her down.
She calmed down and we discussed a bit before she went back to her room.

I was preparing to leave the office, the next day. Then I got a call from my mum.

"Hello Mum”

"Crystal your father just called, we have to be at the police station. Beatrice had been arrested and transferred to Lagos"

"Ok, I'm on my way. I'll meet you there"

"Ok, drive safe"

"You too mum" I ended the call and started tidying up.
I called Oba to ask if he is coming as Dad now drives himself this days. He told me my dad just called him and he's on his way to the police station too. I quickly tidy and left the office.
45minutes later, I was at the police station. I was the last to arrive as I sighted Daddy, Oba and mum's car at the station.
I walked into the station, we exchanged greetings and went straight to the DPO's office

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nickibeauty(f): 3:37pm On Feb 22, 2018
Thanks for the update tomorrow is my birthday hope you dedicate the next update to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 22, 2018
Tanx for the update .

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by timota(m): 4:18pm On Feb 22, 2018
nice write up, but when publishing hard copy correct line 6 "i have to talk to with him about christal"

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by aprilwise(m): 4:37pm On Feb 22, 2018
u are just updating like a plot of land little by little.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by olatex25(m): 5:06pm On Feb 22, 2018
rachealfst:
You are welcome. It's been a while, how's family? Regards.
we are fine.. tanx sis, I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by olatex25(m): 5:28pm On Feb 22, 2018
hmm.. short episode.... oba and crystal, hmm.. daddy Afam u better go after Amara before someone else get to her � �..
the witch had been captured, wot will happen next?? we are waiting....
in btw plsssss add little pace to ur update.. may God be with u

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Dunns(f): 7:49pm On Feb 22, 2018
pls,this update is too short...Nice story
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Jane1234f(f): 8:03pm On Feb 22, 2018
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by mazi08: 9:07pm On Feb 22, 2018
I can't thank you enough. Love ur work.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nellypearl: 10:27pm On Feb 22, 2018
Wow! your write up is so sweet, sugar and very interested. so there are still story like this in nairaland . My dear the Lord is strength.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by kaytolee(m): 8:46am On Feb 23, 2018
nice one keep it up...

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Horlar995(m): 8:52am On Feb 23, 2018
Ride on ma'am

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by ayotomiwa01(f): 10:05am On Feb 23, 2018
getting more interesting by d day

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Ipolefaith(f): 11:16am On Feb 23, 2018
Pls make beatrice die in prison. Team oba and amara.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Melancholy(m): 11:17am On Feb 23, 2018
Hmm... Mature talk between crystal and soma is highly appreciated by me. This reminds me of my own situation then, between me and my ex- girlfriend.

Rechealfst, i tuale oo!

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 3:03pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ipolefaith:
Pls make beatrice die in prison. Team oba and amara.
. .

Nne, which one be Oba and Amara?

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cbella(f): 4:20pm On Feb 23, 2018
Pearl05:
. .

Lolzz
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by queenitee(f): 4:43pm On Feb 23, 2018
Awwwwn
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by skubido(m): 8:46pm On Feb 23, 2018
Pearl05:
. .

na mistake. Na oba nd crystal im wan talk
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:27pm On Feb 24, 2018
MUMMY EJIOFOR
We met with the DPO who and he briefed us on the case before him.
"As we are all aware Mrs. Beatrice Afam is now in our custody. The case will be taking to court as she confessed to the crime"
"She confessed?" I asked.
"At first she denied but when she was been tortured she confessed"
The DPO made a phone call telling the receiver to bring in the woman.
Two sergeant came in with the woman, Beatrice I suppose. From her look she had really been tortured.
She came in with her gazed fixed on Afam, she looked at me for a while and back to Afam.

"Beatrice why, why do you stoop so low. I left all my property in Enugu for you and our sons. Why do you still have to come after my daughter and her mother. You manipulated me all this years and separated me from my child. The least you could do is to leave me in peace Beatrice!" Afam said with anger, hitting the table hard to vent his anger. Beatrice remained quiet and didn't say a word.
"It's okay sir, she will face the wrath of the law. I assure you justice will be served" DPO said with all confident.
"Beatrice you can rot in prison for all I care, you are just irredeemable" Afam stood up to face Beatrice who still remained quiet.
"Take her back to the cell" DPO ordered the sergeant who brought her.
"Wait!" I said and in few seconds all eyes were on me.
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned! I'm no longer pressing charges"
"What!" They all chorused including the DPO.
"Do you know how dangerous this Beatrice is? Amara this woman heart is fraught with evil deeds. The only way you can keep her from perpetuating evil is by sending her to prison for attempted murder" Afam pointed out.
"I said I'm no longer pressing. I'm the victim not you" I stood my ground despite all the things Afam said about Beatrice.

"Well, you can't be the only one to decide that. Your daughter's life too was threngthened too, she has a right too" Afam said.
"Crystal what's your take on this" I asked her.
She remained quiet starring at Oba closely.
"Crystal will you drop the charges too? Oba asked her.
She looked at me for some seconds then faced the DPO.
"If my mum wants to drop the case then so be it. I want to believe she knows what's she doing"
"You too" Afam stood up and paced up and down the room then took his seat again. "I hope you two won't regret this. You don't know Beatrice and I pray she won't show you who she really is" He said.
"If that's their decision. DPO, I suggest she sign an undertaking before her release. That we protect them from her.
"That's not a problem, since the case is more or less a family issue then I’ll oblige the request. he said pointing at Beatrice. "Once again I'll ask the two of you again. Are you sure this is what you want?" The DPO pointed at Crystal and I.
"Yes" we both replied.
"Fine, there are some papers you need to sign. I mean the two of you" DPO said. And he ordered for the forms.

Oba and Afam were just looking at us and remained silent as we proceed to sign the papers.
"Beatrice will be released but the two criminals will be charged to court as they are threat to the society" DPO said.
Beatrice said nothing. Not even thank you for her release. We all thanked the DPO and left his office. We went back to the counter. She was bailed. Still no thank you, Instead he told Afam to arrange how she'll get back to Enugu.
"You can trek to Enugu if you want. Do I look like I care. That's your problem so fix it” Afam lashed at her.
"Afam, I'm still the mother of your children. I wasn't allowed to take anything with me. I don't have wings, so make arrangements for me to go back home" She said sternly.

______________Toyin Taiwo
Indeed Afam was living with the devil.
Like Afam said I just hope I won't regret my actions.
"Afam!" I called out and he looked on to me. He understood what my eyes was communicating. He bought out his wallet, he counted some cash and dumped it on the counter and left the police station leaving us behind.

She picked the money, hissed and left the station too. I bursted into fresh tears as if on cue Crystal joined me too.
"It's okay...., everything will be alright" Oba said as we walked closer to us and hugged us side by side.
"Oba now I'm scared" I said
"Me too" Crystal added.
"It is well" that was all he could say. I'm sure he was thinking the same thing we were thinking.

We stepped out of the station. He walked me to my car and did the same for Crystal. He entered his car as our cars file out of the station.
Crystal and I got home, she got in ahead of me like 10mins intervals.
I tried Afam's line when I settled down but it wasn't reachable. Crystal tried reaching him too but couldn't. I'm sure he switched off the phone deliberately just to avoid us. It's crystal clear that he did that on purpose, he is angry with me. Oba too called and said he couldn't reach him too but he assured us that everything will be fine.

DADDY AFAM
I couldn’t take my mind off what happened at the station. One thing is sure, undertaking or not Beatrice will not back down without a fight.
I was scared though I'm angry with Amara, reason why I switched off my phone cos I know she'll definitely call. Talking to her at this state of mine is a bad idea. I might say something I will regret later. Aside that I'm really scared more than ever.

I still don't understand women. How on Earth will she drop the charges against that devil in human form called Beatrice.
I need to really watch my back, no silly undertaking can stop that Beatrice that I know.
I got a call from the receptionist. I was told Oba is at the reception, I told the receptionist to allow him.
“Daddy Afam, why did you switch off your phone. Crystal and her mum left the police station in bad shape You are making things more difficult for them"
"Good evening to you too" I said since he forgot his manners. He was just venting as soon as he set his feet in the suite.
"Forgive my manners, good evening sir but please you need to call them"
I looked at his pleading eyes. "Okay"

I put on my phone and called Amara. She was crying on phone and I tried to calm her down. I can't believe what I made the woman go through because of me. She apologized for not consulting with me before making her decisions.
I apologized too for the way I acted. I assured her I'll protect her and Crystal with my life. I also promised to check on her the next day.
I called Crystal too and we settled.
"Mission accomplished" Oba said when I was through making the calls and took his leave.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by kaytolee(m): 11:44pm On Feb 24, 2018
Thanks for d update....more ink to ur pen

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (67) (Reply)

My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes / Beauty And The Mechanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.