Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,975 members, 7,825,040 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Between Bank Job And Travelling To Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Between Bank Job And Travelling To Canada (1417 Views)

Living Working and Travelling To African Countries - Share Your Experiences / Russian Students Visa And Travelling / Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Bank Job And Travelling To Canada by Liquid2Metal: 7:03pm On Jan 03, 2018
Please I need urgent advice on the subject above. I just received an email from Diamond bank asking me to report to their head quarter in Abuja for a 3weeks graduate trainee program prior to posting. From what i heard, their probation period last for six weeks, of which you be paid 80k and after you have been confirmed, you will received 240k as monthly salary.

Normally, I ought to be excited considering the fact that I have followed up with this job for the past two years and it has finally arrived and also my present job pays a little less than 100k monthly, which is enough incentive for me accept the offer but I'm not.

Why? I have plans of travelling to Canada with my wife and daughter hopefully by September, for a masters degree program with the aim of settling their afterwards. By God's grace we have been able to save some money for the trip and my tuition fees, and my wife is very passionate about leaving this country. She fears if I take up the banking job, I'll not have enough time to follow up with the travel arrangements and also we might tamper with our savings, in the course of relocation since we stay in Port Harcourt for which I agree.

Please guys what do you think, is 240k a month salary worth jeopardizing my travel plans? I have till tomorrow to reply the bank.
Re: Between Bank Job And Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 03, 2018
Chaii congrats o. If na me oo, am packing my stuffs for Canada ASAP.

One the other hand 240k salary no bad, but you have to consider value of life also.

2 Likes

Re: Between Bank Job And Travelling To Canada by Sage7(m): 7:11pm On Jan 03, 2018
No long....go to Canada. Imagine an assistant manager that earns around 10million per annum who decided to sell his house and quit his bank job to settle in Canada.

Not for your own sake, but for the sake of your children. Of course youd'd equally benefit from it.

5 Likes

Re: Between Bank Job And Travelling To Canada by Liquid2Metal: 7:14pm On Jan 03, 2018
Thanks guys for your responses, the bank will have to look for my replacement asap
Re: Between Bank Job And Travelling To Canada by Codeblues(m): 7:37pm On Jan 03, 2018
The most important question is have you and your family applied and have been issued Canada visas?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Bank Job And Travelling To Canada by thorpido(m): 7:39pm On Jan 03, 2018
Codeblues:
The most important question is have you and your family applied and have been issued Canada visas?
Very important.
Is your visa to Canada a done deal?
Re: Between Bank Job And Travelling To Canada by Liquid2Metal: 7:42pm On Jan 03, 2018
No I haven't applied yet, I am gathering all the necessary documents for the application and by next week I should be ready. But from what I heard and read, travelling for studies is a lot more easier than the rest.
Re: Between Bank Job And Travelling To Canada by idee91: 8:22pm On Jan 03, 2018
Oga I'll advice you to accept the bank job and save more, since you've not gotten Visa yet. You can keep planning your travel while you do your bank job, because things might not go as planned. Have you gotten admission to your school of choice though ?

11 Likes

Re: Between Bank Job And Travelling To Canada by Liquid2Metal: 9:46pm On Jan 03, 2018
idee91:
Oga I'll advice you to accept the bank job and save more, since you've not gotten Visa yet. You can keep planning your travel while you do your bank job, because things might not go as planned. Have you gotten admission to your school of choice though ?

No I haven't. But I'm optimistic I will get.
Re: Between Bank Job And Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 03, 2018
Your daughter deserves the best education and environs. Do it for her man.
Re: Between Bank Job And Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 03, 2018
Kai see advice..... Canada visa is 50/50 either study or whatever. I wish u d best sha

1 Like

Re: Between Bank Job And Travelling To Canada by Godsaves18(m): 11:56pm On Jan 03, 2018
Accept the job and keep your fingers crossed as per the visa since you have not been issued one already...
Re: Between Bank Job And Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 12:11am On Jan 04, 2018
This is not even worth discussing. Take the offer. When you get your Canadian papers, then you can figure out the more appropriate route. September is a long time.
Liquid2Metal:

Please I need urgent advice on the subject above. I just received an email from Diamond bank asking me to report to their head quarter in Abuja for a 3weeks graduate trainee program prior to posting. From what i heard, their probation period last for six weeks, of which you be paid 80k and after you have been confirmed, you will received 240k as monthly salary.

Normally, I ought to be excited considering the fact that I have followed up with this job for the past two years and it has finally arrived and also my present job pays a little less than 100k monthly, which is enough incentive for me accept the offer but I'm not.

Why? I have plans of travelling to Canada with my wife and daughter hopefully by September, for a masters degree program with the aim of settling their afterwards. By God's grace we have been able to save some money for the trip and my tuition fees, and my wife is very passionate about leaving this country. She fears if I take up the banking job, I'll not have enough time to follow up with the travel arrangements and also we might tamper with our savings, in the course of relocation since we stay in Port Harcourt for which I agree.

Please guys what do you think, is 240k a month salary worth jeopardizing my travel plans? I have till tomorrow to reply the bank.

5 Likes

Re: Between Bank Job And Travelling To Canada by czaratwork: 1:07am On Jan 04, 2018
You don't have an option here. Please pick up your job while you pursue your dream. I got admission but was denied visa. Had i left my job what would have become my lot. Unless you have another thing you have been doing which you dont mind continuing if the student visa does not work out.

Congratulations.

5 Likes

Re: Between Bank Job And Travelling To Canada by Rexnegro(m): 1:14am On Jan 04, 2018
If ur visa and staying in Canada is confirmed already my broda before I close my eyes open am again get out of here now

2 Likes

Re: Between Bank Job And Travelling To Canada by iamgenius(m): 12:22pm On Jan 04, 2018
Liquid2Metal:

No I haven't. But I'm optimistic I will get.

Since you haven't got the visa, you can still go for the job. And don't forget to be processing the Visa while you're still doing the job. When your visa is ready, just pack and go and don't look back.
Re: Between Bank Job And Travelling To Canada by adesbaba: 12:51pm On Jan 04, 2018
As a banker too I will say...take the job,resume and while working u can continue to run d Canada stuff no matter aw busy u are jare......once ur admission n visa clicks,my guy pls port to Canada straight..

A senior staff in my place resigned not too long,n travelled out....its like bankers, engrs n doctors are d ones travelling most self..chai

3 Likes

Re: Between Bank Job And Travelling To Canada by Aremu01(m): 1:49pm On Jan 04, 2018
Ogbeni port to Canada o..... This useless country no worth it at all
Re: Between Bank Job And Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 04, 2018
one major thing about travelling abroad is that of the security of ones children. but the question I keep asking myself is that is the prosperity of those countries and the value they upheld going to continue for the next decade.

Nigeria was once a very buoyant country. warri, delta state was once a place the white throng her street till late in the night. now we've lost those things.

the ball is in your court.

1 Like

Re: Between Bank Job And Travelling To Canada by mjizzie(m): 5:48pm On Jan 05, 2018
september is far, Go and resume the job , If the job is not in the same location with where you have you family, let them stay behind while u make the money. Continue with ur visa processing and try to save too. September is far and your wife should understand that you need to plan properly for you future even if it will take time , the foundation matters.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Need A Travel Mate? Come Here! / Lets Talk About Belgium / My Visa Story For Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.