Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,315 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Living Working and Travelling To African Countries - Share Your Experiences - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living Working and Travelling To African Countries - Share Your Experiences (1153 Views)

Russian Students Visa And Travelling / Life In Various Foreign Countries: Share Your Experience / Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living Working and Travelling To African Countries - Share Your Experiences by BigBashiru: 11:29pm On Feb 21, 2022
First off you free to travel to wherever you want. It's not the objective of this thread to tell you what to do.

Why dont we recognize that there are great travel and work destinations within Africa??

Travel
Plenty oyinbo ppl are trooping to African countries to vlog from Tanzania to Morocco to Rwanda and posting their enjoyment on youtube- Nigerians only want to go to UK and US - them use UK swear for una?? There are so many wonderful African countries. Even Air Peace now travels to many African destinations.

Work
As I write Turkey is seriously lobbying africa same as China; EU are trying to force themselves on AU seeking "alliance" but Afruca Union say they only want "Partnership" and plenty other countries. Business is booming in africa and jobs are inevitable. And these African countries don't hv the high living costs of Europe. Yet una dey brainwashed - if it's not Canada or USA ur not going. Canada is one dead country- where u guys got the reputation/impression that it's good I don't know. Yet u guys continue to troop in. Canada is a very expensive high tax cold country where its difficult to save. Many African countries are better than all dem Cyprus.

Destinations in Africa for Work
Kenya
South Africa
Ghana just next door
Rwanda
Nigeria (so many good jobs in and outside lagos)
Re: Living Working and Travelling To African Countries - Share Your Experiences by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:30pm On Feb 21, 2022
the wise know this, the clueless ones wanna go to the west...as it is their ELDORADO (and we cant blame them)!
Re: Living Working and Travelling To African Countries - Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 21, 2022
It's difficult for normal ordinary people to see the start of a revolution.
Re: Living Working and Travelling To African Countries - Share Your Experiences by Mooh247: 11:44pm On Feb 21, 2022
cool

When you are Traveling out of Nigeria anytime all year round, you would see hundreds of Nigeria in the plane trying to escape Nigeria

When you are Traveling back to Nigeria, especially when there is no festivity like Christmas, New year or Eid or summer Holliday... the Return flight is filled with Indians, Lebanese, Chinese, Arabs , Filipinos, Europeans and Americans coming to take our good jobs and investment opportunities

Even Togolese, Beninoise , Chadians and Nigerierns all troop in to take over vocational and non white collar jobs

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living Working and Travelling To African Countries - Share Your Experiences by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:46pm On Feb 21, 2022
BigBashiru:
First off you free to travel to wherever you want. It's not the objective of this thread to tell you what to do.

Why dont we recognize that there are great travel and work destinations within Africa??

Travel
Plenty oyinbo ppl are trooping to African countries to vlog from Tanzania to Morocco to Rwanda and posting their enjoyment on youtube- Nigerians only want to go to UK and US - them use UK swear for una?? There are so many wonderful African countries. Even Air Peace now travels to many African destinations.

Work
As I write Turkey is seriously lobbying africa same as China; EU are trying to force themselves on AU seeking "alliance" but Afruca Union say they only want "Partnership" and plenty other countries. Business is booming in africa and jobs are inevitable. And these African countries don't hv the high living costs of Europe. Yet una dey brainwashed - if it's not Canada or USA ur not going. Canada is one dead country- where u guys got the reputation/impression that it's good I don't know. Yet u guys continue to troop in. Canada is a very expensive high tax cold country where its difficult to save. Many African countries are better than all dem Cyprus.

Destinations in Africa for Work
Kenya
South Africa
Ghana just next door
Rwanda
Nigeria (so many good jobs in and outside lagos)

Where are the good jobs in and outside of Lagos? Why are so many bright, intelligent graduates unemployed?

1 Like

Re: Living Working and Travelling To African Countries - Share Your Experiences by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:55pm On Feb 21, 2022
You made a post saying that you are ashamed of being African. You also said you were living abroad. You are ashamed of being African but are trying to convince others that Africans are the future.

https://www.nairaland.com/1846210/ashamed-being-african-black-someone

2 Likes

Re: Living Working and Travelling To African Countries - Share Your Experiences by BigBashiru: 11:57pm On Feb 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Where are the good jobs in and outside of Lagos? Why are so many bright, intelligent graduates unemployed?

There are so many jobs especially outside Lagos - problem is Nigerians just love to complain. Flutterwave just had a job fair in Lagos few days ago. and jobs are now being given on merit in lagos. Nigerians have ECOWAS passport which means they can go seek work in 14 african countries.... so many ghana taxi drivers in lagos. once you apply and get for your ecowas travel certificate you can go work in all ecowas countries.

Me sha I prefer it sunny - never liked cold places like canada and never will.

1 Like

Re: Living Working and Travelling To African Countries - Share Your Experiences by BigBashiru: 11:59pm On Feb 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican @1stGenAmerican I was brainwashed...... but after a lot of introspection, I now realize I was deceived. Like I said, Im not advising anyone to do anything - you free to go where you want to go. If you want US, UK fine.

I am just saying I just realized Africa is very nice! Even Nigeria sef there are so many places to explore.

1 Like

Re: Living Working and Travelling To African Countries - Share Your Experiences by sharpman1(m): 2:31am On Feb 22, 2022
Lol. @ OP where do you live?
Re: Living Working and Travelling To African Countries - Share Your Experiences by ibechris(m): 12:22pm On Feb 22, 2022
grin angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Living Working and Travelling To African Countries - Share Your Experiences by ttmacoy: 3:41pm On Feb 22, 2022
Re: Living Working and Travelling To African Countries - Share Your Experiences by babakb: 9:00pm On Feb 22, 2022
@BigBashiru, What I expect you to discuss here is the employability of Nigerians in other African Countries.

Whether we like it or not, the Americans, Europeans and Asians that are securing top jobs in Africa upskilled themselves and out competed us, and we have been very lazy to catch up with them here, we prefer to go to their Countries to take the lesser jobs they rejected angry angry angry

As a Nigerian, if you want to be employable across Africa and take up top jobs, you must at the very least:

Hold a Bachelors Degree
Have a minimum of three years working experience
Speak English, French and Arabic Fluently
Be Skilled in Data Analysis
Have Project Management Skills and Certifications.
For STEM professions, have the required license to practice.

The non Africans taking up Jobs in Africa came in very prepared, they are not joking.

1 Like

Re: Living Working and Travelling To African Countries - Share Your Experiences by BigBashiru: 9:54pm On Feb 22, 2022
babakb:
@BigBashiru, What I expect you to discuss here is the employability of Nigerians in other African Countries.

Whether we like it or not, the Americans, Europeans and Asians that are securing top jobs in Africa upskilled themselves and out competed us, and we have been very lazy to catch up with them here, we prefer to go to their Countries to take the lesser jobs they rejected angry angry angry

As a Nigerian, if you want to be employable across Africa and take up top jobs, you must at the very least:

Hold a Bachelors Degree
Have a minimum of three years working experience
Speak English, French and Arabic Fluently
Be Skilled in Data Analysis
Have Project Management Skills and Certifications.
For STEM professions, have the required license to practice.

The non Africans taking up Jobs in Africa came in very prepared, they are not joking.

Ur not correct (sorry to say)....the core objective of colonisation was not theft of resources but rather to systematically convince or indoctrinate Africans to think less of themselves and we can see the intergenerational effects of this indoctrination today. Majority of Africans regard Europeans as god.

Simply put Europeans esp French white get those jobs because Africans give it to them even though they not fully qualified but becos deep down they believe the i.e. the Europeans are superior.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living Working and Travelling To African Countries - Share Your Experiences by babakb: 10:21pm On Feb 22, 2022
BigBashiru:

Ur not correct (sorry to say)....the core objective of colonisation was not theft of resources but rather to systematically convince or indoctrinate Africans to think less of themselves and we can see the intergenerational effects of this indoctrination today. Majority of Africans regard Europeans as god.

Simply put Europeans esp French white get those jobs because Africans give it to them even though they not fully qualified but becos deep down they believe the i.e. the Europeans are superior.

Guy let's talk reality please, if you can't speak French can you work in Togo, Benin Republic, Burkina Faso, Rwanda, Morocco, Algeria Ivory Coast etc?
Re: Living Working and Travelling To African Countries - Share Your Experiences by BigBashiru: 10:34pm On Feb 22, 2022
babakb:

Guy let's talk reality please, if you can't speak French can you work in Togo, Benin Republic, Burkina Faso, Rwanda, Morocco, Algeria Ivory Coast etc?
Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Liberia and Gambia are all English speaking. Official language was changed in Rwanda to English. Many of my Kenyan friends in Europe eventually went back to Kenya and all found lucrative jobs. 1 ghana cedis is N50..... this is a great country next door. Cfa franc has similar value to naira.

For vacation so many spots in Nigeria, dar el Salam (Tanzania) and Morocco etc...

My point is many times the good we seek is in our backyard but we don't know.

And I hv to reiterate I'm not trying to persuade ppl from going to America.... I'm just saying we should also give African destinations consideration.

Finally French is easy to learn.
Re: Living Working and Travelling To African Countries - Share Your Experiences by babakb: 11:11pm On Feb 22, 2022
BigBashiru:

Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Liberia and Gambia are all English speaking. Official language was changed in Rwanda to English. Many of my Kenyan friends in Europe eventually went back to Kenya and all found lucrative jobs. 1 ghana cedis is N50..... this is a great country next door. Cfa franc has similar value to naira.

For vacation so many spots in Nigeria, dar el Salam (Tanzania) and Morocco etc...

My point is many times the good we seek is in our backyard but we don't know.

And I hv to reiterate I'm not trying to persuade ppl from going to America.... I'm just saying we should also give African destinations consideration.

Finally French is easy to learn.

We are on the same page, all I'm saying is learning French or Arabic will give more and quick opportunities.

It's not easy going to an English speaking African country for employment because you will compete with their Citizens who stand a better chance ahead of you, But if you're Billingual you will be a hot cake in Africa.

Nigerians should get off their lazy assess and learn French and Arabic so that they can enjoy Africa.

Note: French is not easy but you won't understand until you start learning it.

Le langue français n'est pas facile cool cool cool
Re: Living Working and Travelling To African Countries - Share Your Experiences by luminouz(m): 5:46pm On Feb 26, 2022
BigBashiru:

There are so many jobs especially outside Lagos - problem is Nigerians just love to complain. Flutterwave just had a job fair in Lagos few days ago. and jobs are now being given on merit in lagos. Nigerians have ECOWAS passport which means they can go seek work in 14 african countries.... so many ghana taxi drivers in lagos. once you apply and get for your ecowas travel certificate you can go work in all ecowas countries.

Me sha I prefer it sunny - never liked cold places like canada and never will.
Is ecowas passport different from ecowas certificate?
Re: Living Working and Travelling To African Countries - Share Your Experiences by emmaodet: 7:11pm On Feb 26, 2022
babakb:

We are on the same page, all I'm saying is learning French or Arabic will give more and quick opportunities.

It's not easy going to an English speaking African country for employment because you will compete with their Citizens who stand a better chance ahead of you, But if you're Billingual you will be a hot cake in Africa.

Nigerians should get off their lazy assess and learn French and Arabic so that they can enjoy Africa.

Note: French is not easy but you won't understand until you start learning it.

Le langue français n'est pas facile cool cool cool

Bro, the op is saying the truth.
French is easy to learn compared to other languages.
Re: Living Working and Travelling To African Countries - Share Your Experiences by emmaodet: 7:22pm On Feb 26, 2022
I have stayed and schooled in ghana ............ Initially, it was very cheap when i started going there 2009 but became very expensive for nigerians starting from 2015 due to regular devaluation of naira and inflation.
I enjoyed there kenke, wache(ghana jollof rice mixed with beans), banku etc but wache is my favourite (i can eat it 2 times a day without getting tired).
They have nice places like nungua, circle, kasoa, tudu, tema etc
Regret ........For almost my 10 years going to ghana to and fro, i never had any ghana girlfriend or fling because i was faithful to my gf (loyal, faithful God-fearing boy)
Togo .......... went with wifey for honeymoon. Lodged at a hotel facing the beach(don't remember the area again). Also went for business many times .. Aseye and Asegame markets filled with nigerian-igbo importers.
Benin Rep..........same thing, you can't go to ghana without passing benin and togo. Went for business. Had a guy who usually take me around. My guardian.
All in all, i feel more at home in ghana than togo/benin because of the language.
Equitorial Guinea (Malabo and Luba).................work related, was there for a week. I really love the place and if i know how to speak Portuguese, i would have considered moving my family there.

To be continued..................

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living Working and Travelling To African Countries - Share Your Experiences by emmaodet: 7:30pm On Feb 26, 2022
Continued............

Malabo is similar to Calabar or Abeokuta. A mountainous island. Every morning or evening(around 4pm), you start seeing the fog covering the mountain top and island. A cool island but with erratic weather. It rains virtually all year round. Very high in mosquitoes(i think the highest in africa with the most deadly anopheles mosquitoes). I just love the topography and terrain. Seeing houses been built on the mountain sides and well organised.
Honourable mentions.................. Cameroun(Douala), Gabon(Port-Gentil), Congo(Pointe-Noire), Angola(Soyo)
Places i planned going in future....... Senegal, Liberia, Seiria-Leone, Burkina-Faso, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Travel To Cyprus / Cyprus, anyone? / Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.