Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating (46370 Views)

Pls Help I Cant Stop Fornicating / How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? / Sunday Sermon: Do You Truly Love God? (1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating by asalimpo(m): 2:56pm On Apr 09, 2016
DeepSight:
Noetic –

I am not sure you are reading me carefully.

I stated that  - “it is incongruous to imagine conscience acting in direct opposition to natural urges springing forth from the core of the human nature and indeed the metaphysical principle of duality which is the spiritual anchor for the necessity of sexual relations in existence.” –

Thus implying –

1. Conscience cannot militate against natural instincts given for survival
2. Conscience thus cannot militate against eating food, for example
3. Conscience cannot militate against response to stimuli – as this is natural
4. Se.xu.al intercourse is a function of response to stimuli as well as a natural instinct which ensures the propagation of the species
5. Conscience can therefore not militate against seksual intercourse

The foregoing is iron-cast and I challenge you to dispute it.

Secondly I hold that the principle of duality inherent in existence is pivotal to se.xu.ality, and renders it inescapable – an absolutely ineluctable and involuntary aspect of our nature which we cannot repudiate.

Don’t you think the reverse is the case - namely conscience which is influenced by beliefs?

Have you not noticed that there is the same universal tendency to criminalize all things which are intensely pleasurable?

Anyway, lets not be distracted – define fornication and then we proceed.
Conscience can object against abuse - e.g overeating, oversleeping, over indulgence in anything.
Besides who are you to speak on the conscience as an authority. All you are saying are nothing but conjectures. So tone down the finality in your tone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Collapses, Dies In Christ Apostolic Church Lagos, After 10-Day Fast / Do The Dead In Christ Go To Heaven Or Await Ressurrection? / Lockdown: There Will Be A Lot Of Babies - Adeboye Says, Speaks On COVID-19 Death

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.