Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu (28338 Views)

Coronavirus: Buharis Aide Shamed As Twitter User Digs Up His Tweet Against GEJ / Buhari Aide, Garba Shehu Mocks Oby Ezekwesili Asked "What Is Oby?" / BBNaija: Garba Shehu Reacts To Efe's Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by PreyeIjo: 1:37pm On Jan 04, 2018
The Ijaw National Youth Congress (IYC) has warned presidential aide, Garba Shehu, not to reignite another intercommunal war between Ijaw and Itsekiri of Delta State through his unfactual and unguided utterances about their population on a television station.

IYC, in a statement, signed by IYC President, Worldwide, Pereotubo Oweilaemi, carpeted Garba for giving wrong facts on the population of Ijaw and Itsekiri in the state.

Garba had stated on a live television on December 31 that the Itsekiri boasted of more population than the Ijaws, a submission the IYC debunked as untrue and provocatively capable of causing another acrimony.

“The attention of the Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) Worldwide has been drawn to a rather annoying and provocative umbrage by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Garba Shehu.

“The said media aide to the President who was featured in Channels TV today on December 31, 2017, has erroneously said without any basis or foundation that the Itsekiri ethnic group is bigger than the Ijaw ethnic group in Delta State.

“While it is not our concern to probe what informed Garba’s argument, our concern is the baseless misrepresentation of facts ostensibly to incite the Ijaws to harm against itsekiri

“There is no iota of truth whatsoever in Shehu’s wrong placement of facts and figures in the Delta State population.

“As a public figure, he should be guided by the available and undisputed official datas within his domain other than to talk like a novice in government.

“The Ijaw nation as the 4th largest ethnic group in Nigeria has a population of 14 million people which constitutes 10 per cent of the Nigerian population.

“The Ijaws are even more populous than the Fulani ethnic group who constitutes nine per cent of the country’s population.

“In Delta State, the Ijaws have three homogeneous local government , while they are in majority in two other local government areas they shared with the Itsekiri ethnic group.

“The Ijaws are in six local government areas, while the Itsekiris are just in three local government areas, which they shared two with Ijaw people and the other one with Urhobo and Ijaw.

“How on earth do people who are just in three local government areas and who do not have any single homogeneous local government area become more populated than people who are in six local government areas with three homogeneous local government areas?

“Garba Shehu should know that it was this same callous and incisive decision of the Abacha Government that caused the bloody Warri crisis.

“His statement on the Channels TV about the Ijaw and Itsekiri population has a dangerous implication to the relative peace we are enjoying.

“Such unguided utterances by a public figure like Garba Shehu may spark off another ethnic crisis in the Niger Delta,” the statement read in part.

For the sake of peace in the region, the IYC called on Mr Garba to retract his statement about the Ijaw and Itsekiri population in Delta State with immediate effect.

If he wants to learn, the group warned him not to use Delta State or any part of the Niger Delta region for his internship course, adding that he should steer clear of Delta State for the sake the existing peaceful coexistence.

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/iyc-warns-garba-shehu-not-cause-another-ethnic-war-btw-ijaw-itsekiri/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by PreyeIjo: 1:37pm On Jan 04, 2018
Itshekiri make una nor let wetin dat aboki talk get into una head because Na only dat Edo King mey dey una palace be una only link to Niger Delta .

Haters we ijaws don't give a fvvck bout una, just imagine wat an aide of Buharis went to say about my tribe on national Tv ,

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by SicilianMafia: 1:38pm On Jan 04, 2018
Until you take an ignorant man through a preliminary knowledge he will continue to bask in the solitude of his foolishness and ignorance, that is the case of the ijaw and their falsified historical gibberish, I will like to quickly answer some of the delusional fact about a one paged history of the ijaw people, first and foremost this people are not recognized anywhere in the world but the little known about them is thuggery, land evaders, kidnapping, bunkering, arm robbery etc. God gave one of their Son the opportunity to rectify their waywardness but he became even the worst and most corrupt president in the history of Nigeria instead of sending this hooligans back to primary school or at best secondary school he was empowering them through ammunitions, well for the purpose of this article let me answer some of your allegations.

First the ijaws have been unable to tell us where exactly their origin is, they are liken to the biblical Cain who was the first known fugitive. They went further to say they are about 15 millions in number, don’t forget that in early 60s it was on record that they were the fifth most populated minorities in the then Old eastern region how then in less than 60 years they are now the most populated tribe in Niger Delta for clarity lets fragmentize so the world can know that this people are born liars

In the last presidential election, Bayelsa their sole state could not produce up to 500, 000 votes, they are less than 5, 000 ijaws in Edo which can be visibly proved during the September 28th gubernatorial election, they are less than 50, 000 in Ondo States while in Delta State the Urhobos are about 1.5million in population as the most populated tribe in Delta it therefore means the Ijaw are less than 1million, then in River State predominately dominated by Ikwerres I put it to you that they are not up to 100, 000 Ijaws living there, with all this analysis the Ijaw population in Nigeria is between 1-1.5million, propaganda cannot get you people anywhere but facts

If anything happen to any itshekiri in delta you will have Edo Nation to contend with so make u dis small ijaws park well!!

75 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 04, 2018
Where did they say '' Don't make us harm Itshekiri''? undecided

O bo miye anga bara laye-laye duko. Mbasi apu. Tamuno ngani o pirima.

What is wrong with you.

Show me in that thing you posted there where they said what you have quoted in your caption. It is not enough to be quick to call one names like '' mumu'' and feel good about your zero to negative self esteem.

The fact that you are quick to use such words like' 'Mumu'' on someone you don't know does not mean I can't give you back in full measure. But since it seems you were raised by dogs and pigs. I will choose not to go canine or swine with you and roll in or sling mud.

-----------------

Tell Mind44 that the only thing he and his family has achieved is him becoming a mod on nairaland. That no other good thing can come out of his lineage and family and that is a fact. Also, tell him that I understand that illiteracy can be incapacitating, hence his belief that placing a ban has effects on people or that nairaland is than important in people's lives. Also, tell Mind44 and Seun, that I said they should come and ban me again. I enjoyed it while it lasted. If Seun is enjoying money on nairaland due to false stories and controversial topics that are clickbaits and outright lies(such as yours) , he should first review those who are interested in the topic before being a fool and exhibiting his idiocy.

Now PreyeIjo, I repeat you are a fool for making this topic a clickbait. Nowhere did my Ijaw people say '' Don't let us harm Itshekiri ''. No where.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by freeze001(f): 1:46pm On Jan 04, 2018
Na small thing dey make Ijaw man vex o! cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by PreyeIjo: 1:56pm On Jan 04, 2018
OmaniPadmeHum:

What is wrong with you.

Show me in that thing you posted there where they said what you have quoted in your caption. It is not enough to be quick to call one names like '' mumu'' and feel good about your zero to negative self esteem.

The fact that you are quick to use such words on someone you don't know does not mean I can't give you back in full measure. But since it seems you were raised by dogs and pigs. I will choose not to go canine or swine with you and roll in the mud.

Lemme show you where it is

Go down ur street you go see one big NEPA pole climb am then use ur teeth bite the wire

11 Likes

Re: Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by Ekugbeh(m): 2:06pm On Jan 04, 2018
dnt mind him joor
Re: Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by Lajet: 2:07pm On Jan 04, 2018
“The Ijaw nation as the 4th largest ethnic group in Nigeria has a population of 14 million people which constitutes 10 per cent of the Nigerian population.

Ijaw people can lie how can their population reach 14 Million are they counting fishes in the oceans or what. Population of Bayelsa state which
is only ijaw land is just 1.8 Million and other states where Ijaw are settler Rivers state they are not more than one million population.

Delta State between 300,000 to 450,000, Edo state between 100,000 to 200,000 Population and Ondo State between 70,000 to 130,000 thousand.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by SicilianMafia: 2:25pm On Jan 04, 2018
Lajet:

Ijaw people can lie how can their population reach 14 Million are they counting fishes in the oceans or what. Population of Bayelsa state which
is only ijaw land is just 1.8 Million and other states where Ijaw are settler Rivers state they are not more than one million population.

Delta State between 300,000 to 400,000, Edo state between 100,000 to 200,000 Poupulation and Ondo State between 70,000 to 100,000 thousand

Guy you sef you are too over generous with your figures
In thier only state the tiny bayelsa they are less than 900 thousand
In Edo state they are far less 1500

Don't mind those dreamers
Checkout this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/4226496/ijaws-smallest-minorities-south-facts

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by Noccerino(m): 2:33pm On Jan 04, 2018
Saying that Ijaw make up 10% of Nigeria population is to say that 1 in every 10 nigerian is an Ijaw.... This is clearly a false claim cos I have not met up to 50 ijaws in my entire life.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by SicilianMafia: 2:35pm On Jan 04, 2018
Noccerino:
Saying that Ijaw make up 10% of Nigeria population is to say one in every 10 nigerian is an Ijaw.... This is clearly a false claim cos I have not met up to 50 ijaws in my entire life.

I never even meet any ijaw for my life cheesy

Even on nairaland dem nor reach 20 grin grin grin

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by SouthEastFacts: 3:07pm On Jan 04, 2018
Noccerino:
Saying that Ijaw make up 10% of Nigeria population is to say that 1 in every 10 nigerian is an Ijaw.... This is clearly a false claim cos I have not met up to 50 ijaws in my entire life.
Measure of Central tendency and dispersion are not the same thing.

Igbos boast of the largest spread in Nigeria, does it mean they are the largest?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 04, 2018
Noccerino:
Ijaws are liars generally. From their utterances, we can all agree that they are land grabbers too. If they can lie with figures (visible to all Nigerians and those abroad), how much more about land close to them??

15 Likes

Re: Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 04, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

Measure of Central tendency and dispersion are not the same thing.

Igbos boast of the largest spread in Nigeria, does it mean they are the largest?
Mr man, going by your assessment you're wrong. If Ijaws claim to be the 4th, then they must be evenly spread to a degree. I am from Delta and I have lived here my whole life, I put it to you, I have not seen up to 10 Ijaws.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 04, 2018
ijaw aren't 14 million,what a terrible lie? and so what fuckin concern idiot Garba sheu about the population of some ethnic,he knows the first problem of nigeria is this ethnic stuff.

8 Likes

Re: Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by temitemi1(m): 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2018
why warning the tyrant Go ahead and harm yourselves to teeth
Re: Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2018
PreyeIjo:
Itshekiri make una nor let wetin dat aboki talk get into una head because Na only dat Edo King mey dey una palace be una only link to Niger Delta .

Haters we ijaws don't give a fvvck bout una, just imagine wat an aide of Buharis went to say about my tribe on national Tv ,

Yes, Ijaws have 3 local government areas due to bad politics in Delta. But I know this, most deltans have seen more Itsekiris than Ijaws. I'm very sure the three Ijaw LGA are laced with mud houses and scanty population because it is natural for people to want to live in areas that are not swampy. If you visit any Ijaw settlement, you'll all agree with me, they are swampy and riverine. what kind of family would want to live there? Even this Ijaw lad beating his dry chest doesn't live in their swampy area. Sincerely speaking, Garba Shehu was right. Itsekiris are more than Ijaws in Delta State. Most Ijaws in Delta are from Bayelsa and Ondo, know this.

EDIT: Ijaws only have two LGA - Burutu and Bomadi

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by nairavsdollars(f): 3:21pm On Jan 04, 2018
Empty threat. Can they fight Itsekiri one on one?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by oshe11: 3:21pm On Jan 04, 2018
I dnt need anoda crisis in Warri ooo

2 Likes

Re: Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by miqos02(m): 3:22pm On Jan 04, 2018
woo
Re: Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by OBAGADAFFI: 3:23pm On Jan 04, 2018
Wetin concern Garba Shehu with Ijaw matta angry

3 Likes

Re: Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by lonelydora: 3:23pm On Jan 04, 2018
Emani Ayiri is the cause of all these, just because Tompolo is no where to be found.

Garba Shehu....Behave (abeg, who get that NSCDC boss pix)

3 Likes

Re: Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by Akinz0126(m): 3:24pm On Jan 04, 2018
Garba shehu sef.

In other words, still on Morata saga I admire conte on this:

Antonio Conte has told Alvaro Morata to be calm after he failed to find the net against Arsenal.
Morata drew a blank in the draw with Arsenal at the Emirates last night despite getting a number of chances.
But Conte was supportive of the striker.
“The only thing I can tell him is to continue to work, to stay calm and to continue to work this way for the team,” Conte said.
“If he continues to work in this way, the chances arrive for him and the other players. I repeat I understand for a striker it’s not easy if you don’t score, but don’t forget for Alvaro it’s his first season playing regularly. He didn’t always play with Real Madrid and Juventus. You have to know this. I’m very happy with his commitment and the way he’s playing. He has to stay calm continue to play this way. The goal is coming.
“It’s not a lucky period for him. Yeah, in the last game against Stoke City, I said it’s very important for the striker to have the chance to score. Today, I think he had the chances to score, but this is football and I’m very happy for his commitment and effort for the team. For sure, for a striker it’s very important to score as if you score your confidence goes up, and if you don’t your confidence can go down.
“He’s very young, he has to work, he will see the goal coming.”

Morata you be my main guy I know you'll come out stronger from all this mess you find yourself.And as for all the chelsea fans who are ready to tier the guy apart pls take a chill pill and let's the guy work on his scoring ability.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by osazsky(m): 3:25pm On Jan 04, 2018
no wonder they wanted to install a king in Edo state but oba and obaseki nor GRE these migrants miscreants needs to go back to their community and leave Edo for d oba

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by lezz(m): 3:25pm On Jan 04, 2018
PreyeIjo:

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/iyc-warns-garba-shehu-not-cause-another-ethnic-war-btw-ijaw-itsekiri/

If ijaws are 14 million and constitute 10% of Nigeria's population according to IYC, then is this goat telling us that the entire Nigerian population is around 140 million.

Oye bunkering done spoil this dude brain

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by buchilino(m): 3:26pm On Jan 04, 2018
MY HUMBLE OPINION, DIS IYC PPLE R BUNCH OF CUCUMBERS. A NORTHERNER OPENS HIS SAFETY PIT, N SAY TRASH. INSTEAD OF TO IGNORE OR DIRECT DER ANGER TO D MAN. DEY R BUSY THREATENING ANOTHER ETHNIC GROUP.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu by Miscellaneous(m): 3:26pm On Jan 04, 2018
The Ijaws are the only set of individuals with no documented history in Nigeria and are only out to rewrite the history of virtually every other tribe .... binis, illajes, itsekiris, yorubas, Ibos, urhobos, Fulanis & what have you.

These set of individuals are so myopic that they think we are still in the dark ages. They are the main cause of underdevelopment in the Niger Delta albeit investors shy away from the oil rich region. To further make Nigerians familiarise themselves with their stupidity, their stupid son from bayelsa, out of sheer luck, went to occupy the no 1 seat of the country and instead of bringing the goodies to the very poor and despised Niger deltans in his own capacity went ahead to shower goons & fools with the wealth of the nation. It's laughable that even yenagoa has no cinema & virtually no relaxation centre... So myopic.

When u think their craziness has seen it's all time high, u begin to wonder as soon as you see another charade of iintelligence. A most interesting part is their refusal to allow the export processing zone project(suppose to be largest in west africa) takeoff because they claim the supposed site was theirs instead of Itsekiri. What about the maritime university at okerenghigho(ijaw changed the Itsekiri land to theirs and named it okerenkoko) ? The land is recognized by our Constitution as okerenghigho but the Federal government are afraid of these half baked raging ijaws. It is even funny that no one is saying anything about okerenghigho abd buhari is going ahead to commission the project because itsekiris are not threatening hell and brimstone. It's even funnier that royalties accruing from okerenghigho(forcely named okerenkoko) are paid to itsekiris because they recognize them as owners.

In truth, the subject of who really owns warri is long but I must tell you that when you talk about the warri province, u can never remove the itsekiris- the great NANA, Dore Numa and others yet, no ijaw man can even be recognized. Can you compare the itsekiri kingdom created since 1430s to gbaramatu of 1990s ? Lol...

My humble advice to the Ijaws is that they do everything within their powers to shun all evil vices and force their children to study hard for the future because soon, guns won't save. It will be battle only school can get u. It can take 100years but each day, the itsekiris are preparing all documents and going to school and patiently waiting till then.

20 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Gombe Govt Orders Immediate Closure Of All 'gala' Houses / Inside The Oil Deals That Cost Nigeria Billions; Between Diezani And Others / Jonathan Doesn’t Have Money — Alamieyeseigha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.