Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,822 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri (34206 Views)

BREAKING!!! EFCC: Jubilations In Aba,kano,abuja, Umuahia As Kalu Records Victory / Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode / Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by Blue3k(m): 4:52pm On Jan 04, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday inaugurated the Kaduna Inland Dry Port and warned the Nigeria Customs Service and port officials against frustrating the effective use of the facilities.

Inaugurating the facilities in Kaduna, Buhari said the customs and the port officials must make the facilities work and not to frustrate business, commercial and industrial enterprises with unnecessary bureaucracy.

“It remains for Customs and Ports officials to make these facilities work and not to frustrate business, commercial and industrial enterprises with unnecessary bureaucracy and inflicting on them delays and hardships, thereby defeating the object of the whole exercise as has happened in the past.

President Buhari

“Make these facilities work this time,’’ he stressed.

According to him, the hinterland business community has waited for too long for such facility that has tremendous potentials to ease the way of doing international business for the interior based importers and exporters.

He said that the development of Inland Dry Ports was an important factor in the nation’s economic development efforts.

“As Ports of origin for exports and ports of destination for imports, the Inland Dry Ports will accelerate the implementation of our economic diversification policy.

“The concept of Inland Dry Port has gained widespread importance with the changes in international transportation as a result of the container revolution and the introduction of door-to-door delivery of cargo.

“It provides importers and exporters located within the nation’s hinterland, especially industrial and commercial outfits, access to shipping and port services without necessarily visiting the seaports.

“It also enables them to process clearance of their import cargo and take delivery of their raw materials and machinery close to their places of business.’’

President Buhari also said that the Dry Ports would provide exporters the much needed facilities to process, package, consolidate and forward their exports to their customers all over the world without having to physically be at the seaports.

According to him, this replicates the port economy in the various centres where the Dry Ports are located inland thereby generating employment and contributing to the ease of doing business.

He said in addition to the Kaduna Inland Dry Port, six other Inland Dry Ports in Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua and Maiduguri, which had also been gazetted, were at various stages of completion.

He congratulated the Kaduna State Government, the Federal Ministry of Transportation, Nigerian Shippers’ Council as well as the hinterland importers and exporters on the inauguration of the facilities.

The president also commended the initiative of Nigerian Shippers’ Council towards promoting the provision of these modern transport infrastructural facilities.

He, however, urged the Concessionaires of the other six Dry Ports to emulate the Concessionaires of the Kaduna Dry Port by accelerating work on theirs so as to ensure speedy completion of the projects.

He said that with the full complement of the seven Dry Ports, congestion at the seaport and traffic gridlock in the port complex would be eliminated.

“Consequently, the cost of transportation and cost of doing business will be reduced,’’ he said. He lauded the efforts of the Kaduna state government for facilitating the establishment of Kaduna Inland Dry Port.

According to him, the provision of access roads and other utilities to the Dry Port by Kaduna State Government is worthy of emulation by the other Dry Ports host State Governments.

He urged relevant stakeholders across the public and private sectors, particularly Nigeria Customs Service, Nigerian Ports Authority, Nigerian Railway Corporation, Shipping Companies and Agencies, Seaport Terminal Operators, Clearing and Forwarding Agents, Road Haulers and importers and exporters to utilize the facility optimally.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/dry-ports-facilities-buhari-warns-customs-others/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by madridguy(m): 4:53pm On Jan 04, 2018
Sai Baba

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by Blue3k(m): 5:03pm On Jan 04, 2018
This is pretty good initiative. I do like there's going to be inland port in Aba since complement the Ibom Deep seaport. The inland ports will ease business since goods dont have to stay in seaport to be cleared. This along with the rail networks will make trade easier.

Front Page: lalasticlala

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by DieBuhari: 7:53pm On Jan 04, 2018
The animal is already looking for someone to blame as usual.

This time......Customs!

When will he ever accept responsibility, roll up his sleeves and make things work?

What an abysmal mistake of a so called leader

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by ojesymsym: 8:12pm On Jan 04, 2018
TINAPA comes to mind
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by Blue3k(m): 12:26am On Jan 05, 2018
ojesymsym:
TINAPA comes to mind

I disagree with your sentiment considering the objectives of both project are radically different. The only thing necessary to make any Dry Inland port viable is train service that connects location to seaport abd or river access to facilitate trade. Tinapa suffered since it had neither, regulatory issues with customs, infrastructure issues like roads, incomplete facilities (at start) etc.

Kaduna case is a bit different since the rail is there, the roads have been built and the regulations are clear. Im sure the rest of states can easily do same their. It's up to federal government to add infrastructure on their parts.

DieBuhari:
The animal is already looking for someone to blame as usual. This time......Customs! When will he ever accept responsibility, roll up his sleeves and make things work?

What are u ranting about. Who else is Buhari supposed to task other than the Customs agents directly under his control. I don't see how talking customs can be considered deflecting seeing as their failure is his failure.

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by SalamRushdie: 12:32am On Jan 05, 2018
Just 2 dry port for the south ..hmmmmm

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by Blue3k(m): 1:06am On Jan 05, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Hmmmm I wonder why. We should look at a map and get to the bottom of this. The southern states have or in processing building a seaport. Other southern states not on coast are building river port like Edo or have one like Anambra. The administration plan is to dredge those. Which they should get to as soon as possible.

10 out 17 southern states will have some sort of port facility. 6 southern will have ports, 2 will have dry ports, 2 will have river ports. You can bump it to 11 if Ondo builds there's.

Front Page: lalasticlala

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by docadams: 1:40am On Jan 05, 2018
Very good initiative. If I were a governor of any of the SS states I will state building already while at the same time filing the necessary papers for permission to build. But will any of them take the initiative. I hope one does. The rice initiative of the FG easily comes to mind. While the Northern states where busy making use of the CBN-backed anchors borrowers program the SS States rather continued mourning the loss of Don Fortunato. Today the difference is very clear.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by Nobody: 4:51am On Jan 05, 2018
Solid achievement by Buhari 2019.

Lalasticlala see this Frontpage material.

Happy New Year, Blue3k Nairaland's current economist of the year.

Sarrki

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by sarrki(m): 4:59am On Jan 05, 2018
DieBuhari:
The animal is already looking for someone to blame as usual.

This time......Customs!

When will he ever accept responsibility, roll up his sleeves and make things work?

What an abysmal mistake of a so called leader

Normal ranting as usual

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by sarrki(m): 5:01am On Jan 05, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Baba don't let us politicized everything

We have waterways in the south

We also have proximity to the sea and oceans in the south

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by Blue3k(m): 5:54am On Jan 05, 2018
sarrki:

Baba don't let us politicized everything. We have waterways in the south. We also have proximity to the sea and oceans in the south.

So you care to admit you were wrong or do you want to say you know better than president Buhari.

He said that the development of Inland Dry Ports was an important factor in the nation’s economic development efforts. 

“As Ports of origin for exports and ports of destination for imports, the Inland Dry Ports will accelerate the implementation of our economic diversification policy.

igbodefender:
Solid achievement by Buhari 2019.

Lalasticlala see this Frontpage material.

Happy New Year, Blue3k Nairaland's current economist of the year.

Happy New Year to you aswell.

Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by adeolakemi: 6:25am On Jan 05, 2018
government of we "we will" this antelope cum walking skeleton things we are fools well only Yoruba's and Hausa's will be thrilled by this hogwash ....as aba dry port that is if the devil will repent will never see day light,infact it will be used for campaign ...so this vulture should save us the sermon and hit daura already

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by Nobody: 6:31am On Jan 05, 2018
If only the North could dredge lake chad deeper... am sure buhari would have loved to drain the atlantic ocean into it.. grin grin

Same wih the unending exploration of crudeoil in the North.

Atleast lets count something for buhari..
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by ojesymsym: 9:27am On Jan 05, 2018
TINAPA is a free trade zone right ?
My info about it are hazy.
Blue3k:

I disagree with your sentiment considering the objectives of both project are radically different. The only thing necessary to make any Dry Inland port viable is train service that connects location to seaport abd or river access to facilitate trade. Tinapa suffered since it had neither, regulatory issues with customs, infrastructure issues like roads, incomplete facilities (at start) etc.

Kaduna case is a bit different since the rail is there, the roads have been built and the regulations are clear. Im sure the rest of states can easily do same their. It's up to federal government to add infrastructure on their parts.

What are u ranting about. Who else is Buhari supposed to task other than the Customs agents directly under his control. I don't see how talking customs can be considered deflecting seeing as their failure is his failure.
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by Blue3k(m): 9:52am On Jan 05, 2018
ojesymsym:
TINAPA is a free trade zone right ?
My info about it are hazy.

Yes.
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by Daviddson(m): 10:02am On Jan 05, 2018
Politics of who you know. Kaduna has been enjoying some very good things since Buhari came on board. I know the plan to build these dry ports predated this administration, but why should Kaduna's be the first to be completed? Why not Funtua or Ibadan or Aba? Why should the Kaduna railway also be the first to be completed if not because of Elrufai's closeness to Buhari. I know Amaechi is in charge, but these observations shouldn't be discarded just like that. I mean no harm.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by Benekruku(m): 10:03am On Jan 05, 2018
Does Aba need a port!

Waste of resource!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by simplemach(m): 10:04am On Jan 05, 2018
Another promise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by UncutSk(m): 10:05am On Jan 05, 2018
we need fuel security and light oga
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by veekid(m): 10:06am On Jan 05, 2018

To y'all who voted Buhari in 2015, I say a big congratulations to you, as it would be my turn and our turn to vote him in again till 2027 and we shall all.enjoy this sufferness till 2027... I can't wait to stone him at lalupon in Ibadan

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by martineverest(m): 10:06am On Jan 05, 2018
SalamRushdie:
there are many wet ports in the south. ...those 2 southern cities are heavy industrial cities that are landlocked

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 05, 2018
madridguy:
Sai Baba

Sai baba kill u for there

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by blueivy8: 10:06am On Jan 05, 2018
what is inland port undecided
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by TheAngry1: 10:09am On Jan 05, 2018
Port? Funtua? Chai! I wan vex, but na laughter comot for my mouth grin grin grin
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by martineverest(m): 10:09am On Jan 05, 2018
Daviddson:
Politics of who you know. Kaduna has been enjoying some very good things since Buhari came on board. I know the plan to build these dry ports predated this administration, but why should Kaduna's be the first to be completed? Why not Funtua or Ibadan or Aba? Why should the Kaduna railway also be the first to be completed if not because of Elrufai's closeness to Buhari. I know Amaechi is in charge, but these observations shouldn't be discarded just like that. I mean no harm.
did u read that aba and ibadan are near completion? ....besides aba and ibdan are closer to ph and lag respectively

10 Likes

Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by Ceenelly(m): 10:10am On Jan 05, 2018
None for South South

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jennifer Douglas Abubakar Campaigns In Akwa Ibom - Pictures / Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years / Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.