Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

How To Start Plantain Chips Production - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Start Plantain Chips Production (26623 Views)

How To Start Plantain Chips Business In Nigeria / How To Start Plantain Chips Business With Low Capital / Pant Of Lady Hawking Plantain In Leggings In Lagos Shows, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by Adukey(f): 3:20pm On Jan 05, 2018
madridguy:
How much will it cost us for a start?

I'll make inquiries,sir. Will give you a feedback soon. Can I have your WhatsApp number,for easy communication?
Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by madridguy(m): 3:32pm On Jan 05, 2018
For now let talk here Maa, please mention me once you make the inquiry.

Adukey:

I'll make inquiries,sir. Will give you a feedback soon. Can I have your WhatsApp number,for easy communication?
Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by Adukey(f): 3:34pm On Jan 05, 2018
madridguy:
For now let talk here Maa, please mention me once you make the inquiry.

No problem,sir. I'll get back to you.
Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by aariwa(m): 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2018
Good one
Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 05, 2018
13k isn't really realistic for 80,000, more like 30-40k.

gas tank - 10k (good thing is you buy this only once)
to fill the gas tank -3k
packaging (Nylon, labels, sealing) - should be around 7-10k, not sure.
salt/pepper - 3k
vegetable oil 5 litres -2k
delivery-
buying the plantain - dunno how much plantain is sold, let's assume -10k.

that's approximately - 40k for initial start up
and 30k for subsequent productions (minus the 10k for initial purchase of the gas tank)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by Adukey(f): 7:06pm On Jan 05, 2018
mrvocalprowess:

to fill the gas tank -3k
salt/pepper - 3k
delivery-

and 30k for subsequent productions (minus the 10k for initial purchase of the gas tank)
Thanks for this, madridguy Sir, can we work on this estimate?
Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by madridguy(m): 10:24pm On Jan 05, 2018
Noted sister. Will get back at you soonest Insha Allah.

Adukey:

Thanks for this, madridguy Sir, can we work on this estimate?
Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by Adukey(f): 6:11am On Jan 06, 2018
madridguy:
Noted sister. Will get back at you soonest Insha Allah.

Ameen
Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by flowjoe: 9:13am On Jan 06, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
The place is in maitama. I have the woman's number if u wanna place your order.
pls put her address & no.
Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 06, 2018
flowjoe:

pls put her address & no.
So you'll go enjoy alone? Anyway, here's her number 08166205408. Lobito crescent maitama. Call them for a detailed direction OK.
Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by flowjoe: 1:18pm On Jan 06, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
So you'll go enjoy alone? Anyway, here's her number 08166205408. Lobito crescent maitama. Call them for a detailed direction OK.
lol, thanks bro
where in abj u at?
Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 06, 2018
flowjoe:

lol, thanks bro
where in abj u at?
Sis more like. Spend most of my time in wuse zone 2
Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 07, 2018
fularm:
You are very correct, while I was doing my nysc in kastina. This business generate 6500 naira /day.
But the story changed when I returned to Logos. [qquote author=Agricblog post=63897550]General Introduction to Plantain Chips Business in Nigeria

Plantain Chips are crunchy Nigerian snacks made with either ripe or unripe plantains. Plantain Chips which is made with unripe plantains are bright yellow while those made with ripe plantains are deep yellow in colour.

It is also known as sweet banana chips it is great and healthy for all ages. You can take for Launch or Give it for your Children as a welcome Market gift for parents.

Plantain chips production is one of the easiest businesses you can start in Nigeria if you want to generate quick cash within a short space of time of starting. We deem it necessary to post this Training just to properly welcome you to this year 2016, so take this opportunity by venturing into this Business after learning what it take in starting it.

WHY THIS BUSINESS IS LUCRATIVE

The reasons why plantain chips production business is easy to set up is because plantain chips is a snacks widely eaten by all.

The startup capital requirement is low, and you don’t need to rent a shop to start and plantain is readily available in the country, especially in Lagos, South/Middle belt regions of Nigeria.

With an initial startup capital of around #13,000, you can generate an income of at least #80,000 per day when you are able to produce about 1,000 packets of plantain chips on daily basis.

You can hardly lose your money if you invest in plantain chips production, starting a plantain chips business will not be a bad ideal, it is a good source of income. You can hardly lose money if you invest in plantain chips business

READ MORE: Top 10 Agriculture Opportunities In Nigeria

MAJOR INGREDIENT IN STARTING UP PLANTAIN CHIP PRODUCTION BUSINESS IN NIGERIA

If you dream and want to venture into this business, here are the basic requirement you must have at hand.

1. Recipe for Making Plantain Chips
2.Plaintain (ripe and unripe)
3.Vegetable Oil for frying
4.Salt to taste
5.Grinded Ginger (Optional)
6.Grinded Garlic (Optional)
7.Grinded Pepper (Optional)

Basic Preparations To Follow
Below we have stated the Basic steps you must take to done this business in a proper way
Wash and peel the plantain.

• Slice the Plantain into a bowl of water. It is advisable to use a vegetable slicer to it will be equal, the water helps prevent the plantain slices from changing colour.

• Add Salt to taste and Stir
Transfer the plantain slices to a sieve to drain the water.
Add the grinded pepper, ginger and garlic if necessary
Switch on your Gas cooker or Stove
Put your vegetable oil into a frying pan make it hot
Then start frying don’t make it too brownish in colour.

• Market Strategy

You can make yours very tasty by adding some other ingredients apart form the normal chips seen on the streets, add a little ginger,galic and pepper to it, this will make your customers ask for more and it will bring a lots of turnover at the end of the month.

• Start Advertising It
You can start by telling your neighbors, collegue in the office showing a sample of your chips. Print a label on your chips with your company name it, social medias like facebook, twitter, whatsapp is also another good place to market your business.

OTTER TACTICS TO IMPLEMENT

Have Appealing Business Name
Business Name is the name you want to give your business, it is the name you want to be known, some companies like Gala, Chi Limited, Cakes and Creams e.t.c are names that are popular, unique and appealing.

The Unique Selling Proposition

We would recommend Strongly that you find out what your unique selling point are and your real strength You must allow your target customers know your unique selling proposition in selling that product to them. Let them know the value in paying for the premium of your product. Coca Cola has a taste that no other beverage has in the world, and that makes it unique and sells everyday.
With the steps above We believe this would help achieving your dreams in chips production should in case you are planning to start it. Happy New Year From AGRICINFO TEAM.
http://www.agricinfo.com/2018/01/how-to-start-plantain-chips-production.html?m=0

6500 a day? with how many packs of chips and how much is one sold?

1 Like

Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by Zilli(m): 12:10am On Jan 08, 2018
Yungwizzzy28:
Nice business idea. I prefer that longer chips its tastier. I have the capital but no chance at all. I'm in Lagos who's in partnership??

Hello bro I am in. Lets connect and talk in this regard. I reside in Lagos. 0803 four thousand six nine eight. Best regards.
Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by flowjoe: 1:27am On Jan 08, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Sis more like. Spend most of my time in wuse zone 2
lol, my bad SIS cheesy
okay once im chanced id holla @ d woman & also @ u
Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by Bolabas02(m): 3:04am On Jan 08, 2018
I love this!
Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by living2013(m): 9:27am On Jan 09, 2018
Agricblog:
General Introduction to Plantain Chips Business in Nigeria

Plantain Chips are crunchy Nigerian snacks made with either ripe or unripe plantains. Plantain Chips which is made with unripe plantains are bright yellow while those made with ripe plantains are deep yellow in colour.

It is also known as sweet banana chips it is great and healthy for all ages. You can take for Launch or Give it for your Children as a welcome Market gift for parents.

Plantain chips production is one of the easiest businesses you can start in Nigeria if you want to generate quick cash within a short space of time of starting. We deem it necessary to post this Training just to properly welcome you to this year 2016, so take this opportunity by venturing into this Business after learning what it take in starting it.

The reasons why plantain chips production business is easy to set up is because plantain chips is a snacks widely eaten by all.

The startup capital requirement is low, and you don’t need to rent a shop to start and plantain is readily available in the country, especially in Lagos, South/Middle belt regions of Nigeria.

With an initial startup capital of around #13,000, you can generate an income of at least #80,000 per day when you are able to produce about 1,000 packets of plantain chips on daily basis.

You can hardly lose your money if you invest in plantain chips production, starting a plantain chips business will not be a bad ideal, it is a good source of income. You can hardly lose money if you invest in plantain chips business

If you dream and want to venture into this business, here are the basic requirement you must have at hand.

4.Salt to taste

Below we have stated the Basic steps you must take to done this business in a proper way

• Slice the Plantain into a bowl of water. It is advisable to use a vegetable slicer to it will be equal, the water helps prevent the plantain slices from changing colour.

• Market Strategy

You can make yours very tasty by adding some other ingredients apart form the normal chips seen on the streets, add a little ginger,galic and pepper to it, this will make your customers ask for more and it will bring a lots of turnover at the end of the month.

• Start Advertising It
You can start by telling your neighbors, collegue in the office showing a sample of your chips. Print a label on your chips with your company name it, social medias like facebook, twitter, whatsapp is also another good place to market your business.

Business Name is the name you want to give your business, it is the name you want to be known, some companies like Gala, Chi Limited, Cakes and Creams e.t.c are names that are popular, unique and appealing.

We would recommend Strongly that you find out what your unique selling point are and your real strength You must allow your target customers know your unique selling proposition in selling that product to them. Let them know the value in paying for the premium of your product. Coca Cola has a taste that no other beverage has in the world, and that makes it unique and sells everyday.
With the steps above We believe this would help achieving your dreams in chips production should in case you are planning to start it. Happy New Year From AGRICINFO TEAM.
http://www.agricinfo.com/2018/01/how-to-start-plantain-chips-production.html?m=0

Nice article!

Please, can you attend to my enquiries below;

1. Where in Lagos can one get plantain at a cheap price?

2. I want to be producing and a supply to retailers, is such still profitable?

3. Where can I get nylon sealing machine
Thanks
Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by eyems: 4:05pm On Jun 09, 2018
Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by maximizer61(m): 8:30pm On Oct 11, 2018
pls how can I fry potato chips it seems so hard to fry
Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by maximizer61(m): 8:31pm On Oct 11, 2018
mrvocalprowess:

to fill the gas tank -3k
salt/pepper - 3k
delivery-

Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 11, 2018
maximizer61:

just like you'd fry dodo. just this time you'll add pepper, salt, sugar etc
Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by gbeseun(m): 7:25pm On Oct 12, 2018
I need e book that can for these task
Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by maximizer61(m): 9:35pm On Oct 12, 2018
mrvocalprowess:

just like you'd fry dodo. just this time you'll add pepper, salt, sugar etc
I mean after frying it,it contains a lot of oil..how can I de-oil it pls I need your help I want start frying it by tomorrow
Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 13, 2018
maximizer61:

I mean after frying it,it contains a lot of oil..how can I de-oil it pls I need your help I want start frying it by tomorrow

I don't know how to de-oil it. just use little oil to fry.
Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by PBO1: 10:54am On Mar 31, 2019
I am looking for business partners for my plantain chips operation as well as perspective distributors. I will work with distributors who ate financially challenged.

I have a large-scale, continuous plantain chip fryer (actually, it could fry anything) that can produce over 2000 upto 3500 bags (N100 size) per hour. With oil filtration system, it can run for 10 hours per day... you do the math. It is a real automated machine, I purchased and imported it here to Nigeria.

I also imported form fill seal ffs automated packaging machines that can match the fryer production rate. Not to mention other complimentary conveyors, flavor coating, etc.

To add, I have other equipment on ground that can produce other product types in appreciable volumes.

As I said earlier, I am the process engineer, No I don't build houses, I develop and build the operations and facilities to produce consumer goods. A wealth builder. I have worked for many fortune 100 companies doing this type of work. But this is my first time doing it for myself.

I am looking for a financial partner or angel investor who want to play ball with the big boys, be on the ground floor and earn real wealth that will last generations. If you did the math above, then you should see the potential. I plan to have more operations in the future

I must let you know that I invested heavily my own earned capital to acquire this equipment. Anyone who wants to join me, please be ready, able and willing to bring something substantial to the table. N5M minimum for 50% to 100% returns year over year.

Contact me at ronjohn200@gmail.com.

@essenceplus... How would you like for my company to produce for you and charge a small tolling fee? You keep your brand and customs, just get rid of the overhead costs.
Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by PBO1: 11:21am On Mar 31, 2019
Agricblog:
General Introduction to Plantain Chips Business in Nigeria

4.Salt to taste

• Market Strategy

• Start Advertising It

I am looking for business partners for my plantain chips operation as well as perspective distributors. I will work with distributors who ate financially challenged.

I have a large-scale, continuous plantain chip fryer (actually, it could fry anything) that can produce over 2000 upto 3500 bags (N100 size) per hour. With oil filtration system, it can run for 10 hours per day... you do the math. It is a real automated machine, I purchased and imported it here to Nigeria.

I also imported form fill seal ffs automated packaging machines that can match the fryer production rate. Not to mention other complimentary conveyors, flavor coating, etc.

To add, I have other equipment on ground that can produce other product types in appreciable volumes.

As I said earlier, I am the process engineer, No I don't build houses, I develop and build the operations and facilities to produce consumer goods. A wealth builder. I have worked for many fortune 100 companies doing this type of work. But this is my first time doing it for myself.

I am looking for a financial partner or angel investor who want to play ball with the big boys, be on the ground floor and earn real wealth that will last generations. If you did the math above, then you should see the potential. I plan to have more operations in the future

I must let you know that I invested heavily my own earned capital to acquire this equipment. Anyone who wants to join me, please be ready, able and willing to bring something substantial to the table. N5M minimum for 50% to 100% returns year over year.

@essenceplus... How would you like for my company to produce for you and charge a small tolling fee? You keep your brand and customs, just get rid of the overhead costs.

Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by uwadiahercules: 7:27am On Apr 05, 2019
Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by uwadiahercules: 8:30am On May 23, 2019
Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by gistcity(m): 1:46pm On Mar 03, 2020
Get your plantain chips production business plan
Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by peacealways: 3:01am On Feb 02, 2021
PBO1:

great
Re: How To Start Plantain Chips Production by konews: 9:29pm On Mar 22, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints / CBN Identifies Fraudulent Loan Offer On Social Media / Paypal Or Mastercard/ Visa Card With Nigerian Billing Address Mostly Unaccepted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.