Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,457 members, 7,812,404 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints (26605 Views)

Complaints Mount As Enaira App Tops 100,000 Downloads / CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints / Man Spotted Seriously Praying For An Atm Machine To Dispense Out His Money(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by Ravon: 7:56am On Jun 01, 2020
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), in its determination to further enhance service quality, particularly quick refunds when customers experience failed transactions, dispense errors or disputes has revised timelines for reversals and/or the resolution of refund complaints on electronic channels, with effect from June 8, 2020, as follows.

1. Failed “On-Us” ATM transactions (when customers use their cards on their bank’s ATMs) shall be instantly reversed from the current timeline of three (3) days. Where instant reversal fails due to any technical issue or system glitch, the timeline for manual reversal shall not exceed 24 hours.

2. Refunds for failed “Not-on-Us” ATM transactions (where customers use their cards on other banks’ ATMs) shall not exceed 48 hours from the current 3-5 days.

3. Resolution of disputed/failed PoS or Web transactions shall be concluded within 72 hours from the current five (5) days.

4. All banks are directed to resolve the backlog of all ATM, POS and Web customer refunds within two weeks starting June 8, 2020

Meanwhile, key service providers in the Nigerian payments system have also committed to establish an integrated dispute resolution platform for the industry and enhance their payment system infrastructure and processes to reduce incidences of transaction failure.

Members of the public are therefore requested to refer to the updated Guidelines for the Operation of Electronic Payment Channels on the Bank’s website (www.cbn.gov.ng) for further details.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2020/06/01/cbn-revises-timelines-for-dispense-errors-refund-complaints/

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by Hhansome(m): 8:03am On Jun 01, 2020
Audio.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by FlordFlorez(m): 8:04am On Jun 01, 2020
When are they going to revise the maintenance bill banks deduct from our accounts. How can we be paying for maintenance of something in our possession to banks after paying #1050 to own it? Im not understanding o.

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by SadiqBabaSani: 8:24am On Jun 01, 2020
Audio wen one bnk is stil hanging my moni

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by Lisaint(m): 8:30am On Jun 01, 2020
I get war to fight with Polaris

For illegal deduction

5 Likes

Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by gambia(m): 8:43am On Jun 01, 2020
Its a confirm Audio policy.

6 Likes

Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by AgentNairaland(f): 8:43am On Jun 01, 2020
Banking System In Nigeria Is

1 Like

Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by ForeThinker: 8:56am On Jun 01, 2020
After all this years .. aahh undecided

Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by PureGoldh(m): 8:57am On Jun 01, 2020
Issoryt...let's wait and see how it goes
Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by rawtouch: 8:57am On Jun 01, 2020
tongue

that's a good one issues need to be resolved promptly
Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by ODJ123(m): 8:57am On Jun 01, 2020
grin grin grin

I've never seen someone who lies more than a pregnant woman, she will be like: *sweetheart ur baby want to eat chicken and drink small Stout� ���*

meanwhile check MA SIG

kudos to CBN... long overdue.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 01, 2020
angry Arrrghh!! This is great, our naija banks they like use this kyn situation disrespeCkt customers like say na their mOney

1 Like

Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by Nwaonyishi69: 8:58am On Jun 01, 2020
Na people wey get money for bank that one concern
Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by silento(m): 8:58am On Jun 01, 2020
I did transfer of 90 last two weeks Sunday till today access bank has been forming we don't care on the matter the person that suppose to get this money has been , calling and disturbing abeg is there a way to report a bank about his kind issue

14 Likes

Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by Hypocrit: 8:59am On Jun 01, 2020
What of when a bank donated a billion naira to the fed and try to use their customers to cover up through illegal deduction?
Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by Emax911: 8:59am On Jun 01, 2020
Meanwhile

in Nigeria, 1km = 1000m (truth)

3days = 3 months for banks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by sunnyflakes(m): 8:59am On Jun 01, 2020
AgentNairaland:
Banking System In Nigeria Is
A huge scam

4 Likes

Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:59am On Jun 01, 2020
Slow and steady our darling nation is getting there .

This is unprecedented in the 60 years of our country.

We are in safe hands.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by mosho2good: 9:00am On Jun 01, 2020
Why is our country like this
something happens in US and here in our country they are even protesting and a lady was rape and killed inside a church and no one said anything about it
no protest
nothing
who do we offend in our country
must we always follow the white like a slave

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by Piros1: 9:00am On Jun 01, 2020
Zenith bank just cleared all the money in my account this morning.
Ravon:
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), in its determination to further enhance service quality, particularly quick refunds when customers experience failed transactions, dispense errors or disputes has revised timelines for reversals and/or the resolution of refund complaints on electronic channels, with effect from June 8, 2020, as follows.

1. Failed “On-Us” ATM transactions (when customers use their cards on their bank’s ATMs) shall be instantly reversed from the current timeline of three (3) days. Where instant reversal fails due to any technical issue or system glitch, the timeline for manual reversal shall not exceed 24 hours.

2. Refunds for failed “Not-on-Us” ATM transactions (where customers use their cards on other banks’ ATMs) shall not exceed 48 hours from the current 3-5 days.

3. Resolution of disputed/failed PoS or Web transactions shall be concluded within 72 hours from the current five (5) days.

4. All banks are directed to resolve the backlog of all ATM, POS and Web customer refunds within two weeks starting June 8, 2020

Meanwhile, key service providers in the Nigerian payments system have also committed to establish an integrated dispute resolution platform for the industry and enhance their payment system infrastructure and processes to reduce incidences of transaction failure.

Members of the public are therefore requested to refer to the updated Guidelines for the Operation of Electronic Payment Channels on the Bank’s website (www.cbn.gov.ng) for further details.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2020/06/01/cbn-revises-timelines-for-dispense-errors-refund-complaints/

1 Like

Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by OLAFIMIX(f): 9:00am On Jun 01, 2020
If I hear
Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by Daxxx: 9:01am On Jun 01, 2020
I thought as much
Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by Muyiwaipere(m): 9:01am On Jun 01, 2020
They sha won't wreck us

Meanwhile we bring solar installations closer to you .....In any part of Nigeria

Whatsapp me for more details

O 7 0 8 9 9 6 2470
Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by onyxo76(m): 9:02am On Jun 01, 2020
mehn I don suffer for all these bank atm during this lockdown o, to enter bank to fill form for failed transactions na another war with all the crowd for gate. I've resorted to using those pos agents in my area to withdraw even with the fee of 200 and above but at least I go get my money instant

9 Likes

Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by Houseofglam7(f): 9:02am On Jun 01, 2020
undecided
Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by DenreleDave(m): 9:03am On Jun 01, 2020
Pls wat does it mean?
When is cbn saying they will share us the money
Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by kingoftech: 9:04am On Jun 01, 2020
They should caution Gtbank is making life difficult for their customers

2 Likes

Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by Muyiwaipere(m): 9:06am On Jun 01, 2020
silento:
I did transfer of 90 last two weeks Sunday till today access bank has been forming we don't care on the matter the person that suppose to get this money has been , calling and disturbing abeg is there a way to report a bank about his kind issue

Yes
Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by charmingfrank(m): 9:08am On Jun 01, 2020
It's not all about been negative all the time. I could remember last month I had an despense error with Uba Atm, I used GTb card, no need for me to go to the bank. Everything was done online within 6working days and the money reversed.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by Buffalo2(m): 9:08am On Jun 01, 2020
UBA in trouble
Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by AntiWailer: 9:08am On Jun 01, 2020
CBN should solve the problems first.

Not just about throwing regulations in place up and down.
Re: CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:09am On Jun 01, 2020
Those banks will ignore this. Gtbank have siezed my cash for the past three weeks just because I use first bank ATM. I don't know if it's now an offense to use another bank ATM during lockdown pandemic.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Strengthens To N435/$ On CBN Dollar Glut / Paypal Or Mastercard/ Visa Card With Nigerian Billing Address Mostly Unaccepted / Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.