Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,581 members, 7,816,431 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too (15366 Views)

My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? / Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? / Marlians Not Allowed In My House, Landlord Issues Warning To Tenants - More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by larrygal(f): 7:26am On Jan 05, 2018
KushyKush:

With this trash you typed here, it is very obvious you never built an hut before. What in the name of fück? You sound so ridiculous right now dude grin

Did you know how much solid concrete it takes to build a foundation (not even putting the landscape in consideration)

OP listen, I'll have to be real with you instead of giving you false motivations that will make you feel depressed when you can't meet up with your hopes when the year ends.

if you want to build a house, it is nothing you can do within a year based on 60k salary and that much responsibilities (breadwinner of the family)

Go invest in some business and double up your income then you can come back to talk about building a house smiley

PS: I am not discouraging you, just telling you the hard truth. If you want to build a house based on that income

You called that trash and you said you are not discouraging him..my dear he might not finish it this year but at least he will start the project and he can continue and he finish it before he turns 28...
Oga, oya tell us the business he can do with that little money in this harsh economy

1 Like

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by stnkembu(m): 7:26am On Jan 05, 2018
It seems the family's weight rests upon ur shoulder.

First, push ur sister to get a job. U can't have a meaningful savings on a salary of 60k when u have at least 5 mouths to feed; Unless u don't want to ever complete the building.

With your sis and her kids' mouth out of the way, then u can aim at saving between 40 & 50% of your salary every month. More importantly, seeks for other sources of income.

2 Likes

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by swiz123(m): 7:27am On Jan 05, 2018
rheether:
Piggy bank. Make it 6k everyday.

Maybe you didn't see where he mentioned salary or perhaps you didn't read the post at all.

Who earns salary everyday??
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by BruncleZuma: 7:28am On Jan 05, 2018
How much will it cost me to build a 5 bedroom bungalow in Bayelsa State.

1 Like

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by rheether(f): 7:31am On Jan 05, 2018
swiz123:

Maybe you didn't see where he mentioned salary or perhaps you didn't read the post at all.

Who earns salary everyday??

So he doesn't have a side hustle were he can save at least 5k daily?
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by stnkembu(m): 7:34am On Jan 05, 2018
This ur calculation be as e get.
If he's saving the whole 60k, na 720k per annum e go amount to.

yanshDoctor:
lol, 60k? except you plan to spend the whole 60k for the project, then maybe in 50 years time you can build a one room & parlor flat.

let assume a room & parlor is 2,000,000 and land 1,000,000 all together 3,000,000 in a remote area.

now 3,000,000 ÷ 50,000 = 60.

that's automatically 60 years if everything should remain the same. we are not even talking of inflation. generally speaking i don't think its possible.
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by swiz123(m): 7:37am On Jan 05, 2018
rheether:

According to his write up, NO.
If only nlanders would be real with him, they would tell him that it is nearly impossible to do that
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by 12345baba(m): 7:40am On Jan 05, 2018
If u ask me na who I go ask?
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by Taavon2: 7:41am On Jan 05, 2018
All you have to do is: kack up yuh bumpa siddon pon it
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by KingMicky3286: 7:42am On Jan 05, 2018
ebijimi7:
good day nairalanders happy new year to everyone iin the house
please i need an advice i am 24 year old i work i school and ihave some responsibility on me such as taking care of my mum becausee of her condition she doesnt work she is an elderly woman and i have a sister too who lost her husband and she has kids and she is being maltreated so we all stay together she is currently not working
my new year plan was to get a plot of land and start building but all this on a 60,000 naira salary please help me how can i save to build my own house i want to get married before 28 and i dont want a rented apartment even if its mortgage i dont mind thanks

I started this with 100k naira. first mould block and there you go. if you never mould block you will never be serious. i started with 20 bags of cement and pay block moulders and cook food for them. Before you know it, i became a stingy man. Every koko began to make a meaning in my life. But my greatest challenge is this Buhari government, i stopped at decking level. I will continue if Buhari did not win 2019 election. So follow dey pray let him not win oooo..... So that i will become a house owner...

2 Likes

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by saydfact(m): 7:47am On Jan 05, 2018
ebijimi7:
please i need an advice i am 24 year old i work i school and ihave some responsibility on me such as taking care of my mum becausee of her condition she doesnt work she is an elderly woman and i have a sister too who lost her husband and she has kids and she is being maltreated so we all stay together she is currently not working
my new year plan was to get a plot of land and start building but all this on a 60,000 naira salary please help me how can i save to build my own house i want to get married before 28 and i dont want a rented apartment even if its mortgage i dont mind thanks

Good thing is you're not married yet, so less expenses.

Don't safe for 2 things at a time.... Once you have money for one, execute it... Eg
Safe for land, once it's about complete buy it... And make sure in less than 6 months after buying it.. Preferably 3, do the foundation.

Eg... Every month after buying the land, do something...

But sand and blocks
Buy granite
Buy more blocks and cements etc until you have enough for foundation... Then source for work men and safe for that.

See my signature post for more help..

Good luck

1 Like

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by idu1(m): 7:48am On Jan 05, 2018
You can't build a house for now my friend...

Get sister your something to do first...
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by judecares1(m): 7:50am On Jan 05, 2018
u sound so discouraging

sabama007:

Stop dreaming n start being realistic.

You cannot save to build your house this year. Even in 4yrs time, it's an impossible mission except you're given a huge monetarily loan, you earn like 400k/month, or you indulge in acts like yahoo, yahoo+, yahoo÷, yahoo!, Yahoo×, yahoo√ etc

Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by judecares1(m): 7:53am On Jan 05, 2018
my beloved bro,am very much impressed with kind of person who has a great future
u can build your dream house but only build room and parlour selfcon for now,dont make the build big
God will help u

ebijimi7:
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by GBJakes(m): 7:53am On Jan 05, 2018
thesettingz:
Am not an hypocrite i will surely tell you what u need to hear.......
Even if you are on a salary scale of 100k, it will still be difficult with all the responsibilities u mentioned u take of. Am a student and i still find it very difficult to depend on 20k salary, talkless of you, mother and sister on 30k,all in the name of saving. See what will be will be, in life we acquire certain things at a particular time, u don't have to starve ur mother and sister all in the name of building.
Assuming u saving 30k every months, that's 360k a year.
An average plot of land now is around 300-800k
U acquire the land for 300k, remain 60k bal, then u saved again for another year 360k added to the previous bal, that's 420k
Then u start foundation little by little. To achieve all this it might take u a period of 4-5yrs.
Do you now think it's feasible to depends on 30k salary during this period?

My best advice save 20k every month and invest in a business that will give you return every month, such returns can now be used to build. More also I expect you to build ur education first then pray and see how fast u would build in just 5months
That's more realistic....
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by yanjutomi(m): 7:54am On Jan 05, 2018
It's not visible bro cos u av enough responsibilty dat even ur income can't cater for......... am sorry dobule ur hustle by getting another stream of income biz will be suitable or upgrade urself with professionalism in lucrative field..... then u can build

but with God there is nothing impossible
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by Blonchilli(m): 8:01am On Jan 05, 2018
KushyKush:

With this trash you typed here, it is very obvious you never built an hut before. What in the name of fück? You sound so ridiculous right now dude grin

Did you know how much solid concrete it takes to build a foundation (not even putting the landscape in consideration)

OP listen, I'll have to be real with you instead of giving you false motivations that will make you feel depressed when you can't meet up with your hopes when the year ends.

if you want to build a house, it is nothing you can do within a year based on 60k salary and that much responsibilities (breadwinner of the family)

Go invest in some business and double up your income then you can come back to talk about building a house smiley

PS: I am not discouraging you, just telling you the hard truth. If you want to build a house based on that income

I swear I was wondering were they build that kind of houses. A tipper of concrete is 55k now in my side, that's over 90 percent the Op salary. Who builds an house on salary alone?
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by Blonchilli(m): 8:06am On Jan 05, 2018
sabama007:

Stop dreaming n start being realistic.

You cannot save to build your house this year. Even in 4yrs time, it's an impossible mission except you're given a huge monetarily loan, you earn like 400k/month, or you indulge in acts like yahoo, yahoo+, yahoo÷, yahoo!, Yahoo×, yahoo√ etc

Thanks
Yahoo Yahoo grin grin The Op is putting himself under pressure too. Nobody says he can't marry in his 30s. It will be a shame if he's married and his mom and sister are in a worse condition because definitely his wife will be his priority. Best thing to do is to help his sister with a business or something and ensure his mom is being taken care of
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by Maj196(m): 8:08am On Jan 05, 2018
Unless u wanna build a hut dat amount is too small and u r even d breadwinner of the family. Its best u start a business along side your job
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by sweetlaw: 8:14am On Jan 05, 2018
KushyKush:

U must not be rude before u make ur point.

Moreover, we all entitled to our opinion.

Learn good manners jor
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by amokeme(f): 8:28am On Jan 05, 2018
Find other sources of income, then focus on buying a land now not building it, you can even resell the land after some time. In addition to that, if your sister is not a handicap or mentally unstable, please encourage her to also get something doing to assist you with the responsibilities. Hanhan! @24 with a 60k salary.. The responsibilities are too much on you. And I think you shouldn't add marriage to the equation now.

2 Likes

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by sunday1969: 8:38am On Jan 05, 2018
cut your expenses
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by joinnow: 8:39am On Jan 05, 2018
It is only in Nigeria
You save buy land
You save build house
You save dig borehole water
You save to get generator for light
You can also save to build road to your house.

Reason I start the above is cos you mentioned
Mortgage.
Mortgage is dead on arrival in Nigeria.
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by AreaFada2: 8:47am On Jan 05, 2018
Meajor:

Guy Dis advice, you still never know if he has a land...

True. Maybe he can tell us if he does. If he doesn't it would depend on where he lives. If not in Lagos/PH/Abuja, he can get a plot a bit outside of town for a good price.

Many houses you see today, the owners didn't have bulk money to build them. Many were civil servants, petty traders, etc.

Things were cheaper & money had more value. But people also earned little. Taste wasn't that high so people built modestly.
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by hakeem4(m): 8:50am On Jan 05, 2018
ebijimi7:
if you want a less expensive but beautiful house you can build it without columns using masonry. You could pm me for designs
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by sunbilor(m): 8:50am On Jan 05, 2018
rheether:

A teacher with a side hustle of 5k daily returns? grin.
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by manikspears: 8:51am On Jan 05, 2018
marooh:
Question for u?

What type of house (4bed room etc)?
Did u have a land?

After answering those above questions...

Back to biz....

You have to start small small.

1. Buy trip of sand (N8000) and 5 cement(N20,000).

2. Call for block mould...(N10,000)

3. You help with water.

Total spend 38 to 40k...

Then use the 20k and buy food stuff in bulk..

Repeat the above mentioned for 5months then start planning for foundation...

Hope it helps

it is well

1 Like

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by veeveejay(f): 8:57am On Jan 05, 2018
you again. the last time you said your wife was pregnant without you having sex with her. now u want to build house.
see this confused human being. too much of fake people on nairaland.
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by edoman2016: 9:18am On Jan 05, 2018
BruncleZuma:
How much will it cost me to build a 5 bedroom bungalow in Bayelsa State.
It will cost 6 million naira to build 5 bedroom bungalow.
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 05, 2018
edoman2016:

You gave a quote without seeing the design or without knowledge of the total sqm, hmmmm.
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by gen2lpat(m): 9:43am On Jan 05, 2018
I dont get it brother, you have such huge responsibility and you are planning on getting married @ 28yrs, build a house and complete schooling?

Well, i pray it works out for you. But the bitter truth is that, its not possible. Save up 30k/month for 1yr and invest in a biz. Then let the biz help you save more and if possible invest in another biz. Marriage should be the last thing on your mind now bro.

Hustle for another 4/5years and then begin to think of marriage. Do not let any woman talk you into getting married in this condition. Its suicide!
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by BruncleZuma: 9:45am On Jan 05, 2018
edoman2016:

Thanks man

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Bedroom Flat On Half Plot Of Land. / Fire Service Controls Apongbon Fire In Lagos (Photos) / Amen Estate Phase 2 Is Located At Eleko Beach Road Off Lekki Epe Express Road. I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.