Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,234 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) (34587 Views)

Biden Plans Reversing Trump's Jerusalem Move Despite Strong Objections / Nigeria, 33 Countries That Attended USA Opening Of Embassy In Jerusalem (List) / 'God Is Weeping Over Donald Trump': Archbishop Tutu On Jerusalem Move (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by Psoul(m): 10:02am On Jan 05, 2018
Abjay97:
US ambassador to the UN held an exclusive reception for the countries that voted against or abstained from a resolution that condemned Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital.
US envoy to the UN Nikki Haley hosted a party on Wednesday for countries that backed President Donald Trump's decision to recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

Haley invited representatives from the nations that voted against or abstained from an anti-Israel resolution at the UN General Assembly which condemned Trump's December 6 announcement that included a plan to move the US embassy from Tel Aviv to the contested city.

The "Friends of the US" reception was praised by Israeli ambassador to the UN Danny Danon.

He said on his way to the gathering, reported by CNN: "First, it was a courageous decision by President Trump and Ambassador Haley, and we thank the United States for this courageous decision, and tonight the US is continuing to show leadership in the Middle East, real leadership in the UN.

"There's a lot hypocrisy in the UN. I think tonight the countries who stood with the US will come and hear that the US is thanking them for standing for the truth and not joining the show of the Palestinians inside the UN." The vote in December saw 128 countries vote for the resolution, nine voted "no" and 35 nations abstained, including Canada, Mexico and Australia - yet not all the invited countries attended Haley's reception. Ahead of the vote, Trump threatened to cut funding to countries who defied his Jerusalem stance. But Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan called on the world not to be swayed by Trump's threat to cut off financial funding if they defy his Jerusalem stance.

Haley said the outcome "will make a difference on how Americans look at the UN and on how we look at countries who disrespect us in the UN, and this vote will be remembered".

Most, if not all, nations are generally invited to UN receptions, but smaller gatherings can be held.

However receptions held by a powerful UN member, such as the US, that publicly highlight the absence of other member countries are rare.

Photos posted by Haley and the US mission to the UN in New York on Twitter show drinks flowing and live music.

"It's easy for friends to be with you in the good times, but it’s the friends who are with you during the challenging times that will never be forgotten," Haley said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.alaraby.co.uk/english/amp/news/2018/1/4/us-hosts-party-for-countries-that-backed-jerusalem-move

In as much as I support President Trump's move, the embolden paragraph appear like that same 5% speech of Buhari after winning election.

2 Likes

Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by Abfinest007(m): 10:02am On Jan 05, 2018
this is madness
Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by teemy(m): 10:03am On Jan 05, 2018
deomelo:
lol @ pitty party and consolation party...

grin grin grin grin
i believe there would be an afterparty meeting to form a new caucus group within the UN.
Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 05, 2018
Blackfire:
Jews 1.... Arab 0.
include mizrahi jew of israel too?
Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by Odingo1: 10:06am On Jan 05, 2018
Tozara:
That means God is an idiot.
Mind the choice of your word, what of Buhari of Nigeria, will you say the same thing as that of Trump.
Under Buhari, fulani herdsmen butcher people at their own will, under Trump Americans are protected to the least person.

1 Like

Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by Cargo36: 10:06am On Jan 05, 2018
Reception with the blood of children,women and unarmed civilians.zionism not Christianity
Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by cstr1001: 10:09am On Jan 05, 2018
NaoSlay:

The same way I will ask you How igbos will benefit from isreal?
When did igbos deliberate to support Isreal? Which town-hall meeting did they agree on that?

Have you not seen igbos on nairaland support palestianian cause?

We are an advanced people. Herd mentality is not our forte right from the pre-colonial Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by Odingo1: 10:09am On Jan 05, 2018
Nobody can stop Israel from using Jerusalem as their capital, Jerusalem that they have already have 100% control of it.
Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by Tozara(m): 10:09am On Jan 05, 2018
Odingo1:

Mind the choice of your word,
Quite old enough to take responsibility for whatever I say. Don't try to teach me. Your God is an IDIOT. Read that again. tongue

what of Buhari of Nigeria, will you say the same thing as that of Trump.
Under Buhari, fulani herdsmen butcher people at their own will, under Trump Americans are protected to the least person.
Both Buhari and Trump are subhumans.
Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by edimolu(m): 10:10am On Jan 05, 2018
Tozara:
That means God is anidiot
this aint right fam!
Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by Tozara(m): 10:11am On Jan 05, 2018
edimolu:

this aint right fam!
Lol. It depends on the God he's talking about. Who respects a deity like Yahweh? grin
Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by edimolu(m): 10:13am On Jan 05, 2018
Tozara:
Lol. It depends on the God he's talking about. Who respects a deity like Yahweh? grin
alright

good morning bro
Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by Odingo1: 10:14am On Jan 05, 2018
NaoSlay:

The same way I will ask you How igbos will benefit from isreal?
It will benefit the Igbos because the Jews are always Igbo allies, during Biafra war Israel is one of the few countries that provided Biafra with Amunition, food and logistic support despite the fact that they are also fighting a brutal war with the 7 Arab nations in 1967.
Had it been that Biafra was a country, they will vote in favour of Israel just as Togo did.
Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by silasely(m): 10:15am On Jan 05, 2018
Neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great king � (matt 5:33).if e reach wer me go challenge the word of God I better hide mi face

:obuhairi na u do the vote.u no fear God.leme be going.
Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by Tozara(m): 10:17am On Jan 05, 2018
edimolu:
alright
good morning bro
Morning, boss. I hope you're good.
Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by NaoSlay: 10:18am On Jan 05, 2018
Odingo1:

It will benefit the Igbos because the Jews are always Igbo allies, during Biafra war Israel is one of the few countries that provided Biafra with Amunition, food and logistic support despite the fact that they are also fighting a brutal war with the 7 Arab nations in 1967.

You can't just bring a beer parlour discussion here and think we are going to take that news, provide the link of your said lies.
Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by Blackfire(m): 10:23am On Jan 05, 2018
abdelrahman:
include mizrahi jew of israel too?

Stay away from me i will decimate your islamic reputation....

I am blackfire
Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by Odingo1: 10:23am On Jan 05, 2018
Tozara:
Quite old enough to take responsibility for whatever I say. Don't try to teach me. Your God is an IDIOT. Read that again. tongue

Both Buhari and Trump are subhumans.
You are entitle to your own opinion but you dont need to Insult God that you know that many people worship as their creator, it is wrong.
Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by bigpicture001: 10:23am On Jan 05, 2018
emeka2847:
Because of party?
You think US would ever help you for your sake? You're joking.

ever had of the government agency. "THE US AID"?
Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 05, 2018
Blackfire:

Stay away from me i will decimate your islamic reputation....

I am blackfire
you haven't answer what im asking and by the way you see me mention islamic here?
Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by Benekruku(m): 10:29am On Jan 05, 2018
bedspread:
GReat Move by the Usa....
TRUMP understands that His Election was Nothing but the HAND of GOD...

From my understanding of GOD , He does not Work with Numbers.... He works with His Chosen......

Donald trump has invoked and Provoked the Blessings of GOD ALMIGHTY with that Act of Recongnising Jerusalem as The Israelis Capital..... Watch out for The Great things the Americans would enjoy especially those that support wat Trump Did...
An Extension of The Blessing will also follow the nations that supported the USA...and as many that support it worldwide....

As Long as Donald Trump keeps doing what God selected him for, No Nation, No Media, No human, No spirit, No religion can Stand In His Way...

Isreal is a Covenant Nation...
The Bible says about Isreal
I Will Bless those that Bless you
And Curse those that Curse you...

I LOVE ISREAL
I LOVE THE USA
I LOVE DONALD TRUMP
I LOVE JERUSALEM (The city of David)
I LOVE THE PEOPLE OF GOD WORLDWIDE
CHOSEN IS BLESSED

You re sick!

Bitter truth No one will tell you

1 Like

Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by kumakunta: 10:34am On Jan 05, 2018
EternalTruths:

Afonjas are Anti Trump & Anti GEJ

IPOB are Pro Trump & Pro GEJ

The results proves IPOB to be more wiser than Afonjas
What is special about this party ? Does it affect the lives of the countries not in attendance ? What fvck does countries like France , England , Sweden , Switzerland , Germany , Qatar, give about a party help my allies ? Why didn't he invite Biafra Jews ?
Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by preshian(m): 10:35am On Jan 05, 2018
ok ooo
Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by Odingo1: 10:35am On Jan 05, 2018
NaoSlay:

You can't just bring a beer parlour discussion here and think we are going to take that news, provide the link of your said lies.
Nigerian Civil War - Wikipedia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki › Niger...

Read and note the countries that back Nigeria and those that help Biafra.

Israel Asks Nigeria, Biafra to Intensify Efforts to End Civil War | Jewish ...
https://www.jta.org › archive › i...
Jta is Jewish Telegraph Agency
Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by kumakunta: 10:36am On Jan 05, 2018
bedspread:

From my understanding of GOD , He does not Work with Numbers.... He works with His Chosen......

Donald trump has invoked and Provoked the Blessings of GOD ALMIGHTY with that Act of Recongnising Jerusalem as The Israelis Capital..... Watch out for The Great things the Americans would enjoy especially those that support wat Trump Did...
An Extension of The Blessing will also follow the nations that supported the USA...and as many that support it worldwide....

As Long as Donald Trump keeps doing what God selected him for, No Nation, No Media, No human, No spirit, No religion can Stand In His Way...

I LOVE ISREAL
I LOVE THE USA
I LOVE DONALD TRUMP
CHOSEN IS BLESSED

Same Isreal that is deporting blacks wether Christian or not . Same Isreal that is predominantly Jewish who hates Christians and Muslims . When the bible talked about Isreal, it wasn't talking this present Isreal . So stop dreaming .

1 Like

Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by jacyhelen(f): 10:39am On Jan 05, 2018
EternalTruths:

Afonjas are Anti Trump & Anti GEJ

IPOB are Pro Trump & Pro GEJ

The results proves IPOB to be more wiser than Afonjas

God bless u for this...Watch as Real Afonjas will come crying

1 Like

Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by whatofyou: 10:41am On Jan 05, 2018
Tozara:
That means God is an idiot.

Seun, right here are what should go through a ban or censor! Must have been an alien posting that.
Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by thunderbabs: 10:43am On Jan 05, 2018
bedspread:

I LOVE ISREAL
I LOVE THE USA
I LOVE DONALD TRUMP
CHOSEN IS BLESSED

So, the blessing of God wont extend to Nigeria u mean coz we didnt vote in favour? Myopic....God is not man, that i know

1 Like

Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by emeka2847: 10:44am On Jan 05, 2018
So you think US AID helps you for your sake? Think again please.

bigpicture001:
ever had of the government agency. "THE US AID"?
Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by mustafa006: 10:44am On Jan 05, 2018
This American's are planning something big in Israel
Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by bedspread: 10:48am On Jan 05, 2018
thunderbabs:

So, the blessing of God wont extend to Nigeria u mean coz we didnt vote in favour? Myopic....God is not man, that i know
NA U TALK SO
Re: US Hosts Party For Countries That Backed Jerusalem Move(photos) by Blackfire(m): 10:48am On Jan 05, 2018
abdelrahman:
you haven't answer what im asking and by the way you see me mention islamic here?

Stay away from me....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prince Harry Says He Was Bred To Offer Spare Organs To Heir William / Mwangaza Kawira Buys Her Husband Prado Jeep Of N52m For Christmas (Photos) / 6.0 Magnitude Earthquake Hits California With Tremors Felt In Las Vegas And LA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.