Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

How To Build A House In Nigeria - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Build A House In Nigeria (21782 Views)

After Buying Land, How Do I Build A House On It? / Petrol Kept In A House Burns In Oworonshoki, Lagos (Photos) / Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by gbadexy(m): 8:19am On Jan 15, 2018
very nice one, very insightful.
Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by Dotng: 8:24am On Jan 15, 2018
highchief1:
if I post d pic of my house u will go back to work and start looking for money to build a house what u posted is not it
You must have a very low self-esteem. Your type can never have self satisfaction in whatever they do without comparison. You need to recognise that you need help otherwise you will live a vain life.
Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by Dotng: 8:26am On Jan 15, 2018
valentineuwakwe:
good point you just outline here, infact the most important lies in the fencing of the land...I did just dat when I bot my land far back in 2004 and WHEN I started building in 2013 it was so easy..no one molest or encroach into my land despite other building have been erected in the area....it's good to follow due diligence in everything we do....today this is my house here in portharcourt...sitting on a one plot of land....
heavens be praised!
Nice design for a living room. wink

1 Like

Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by Clean2016: 8:42am On Jan 15, 2018
1. get a Registered Surveyor to help make enquiries on the land. Map out the land and give you registered survey plan

2. Lawyers will then prepare deed of conveyance before you make payment
Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by danemenike: 8:47am On Jan 15, 2018
let's build your house for you.

TerraStone Shelters 07037629947

Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 8:52am On Jan 15, 2018
MrImole:
First to comment ní àárò kùtùkùtù òrísà!

Na my week be dis, abi na this week Omósaléwá go free...

This shouts for celebration!
F TC payments had been suspended pending probe as a result of reckless embeslement of funds .
Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 8:54am On Jan 15, 2018
highchief1:
if I post d pic of my house u will go back to work and start looking for money to build a house what u posted is not it
Ok post it plzzzzzz we want to be inspired
Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 8:56am On Jan 15, 2018
Victoriousvic:

I wanted to ignore this, but I can't.

Who cares about what your house looks like? Dude uploaded a photo of his living room and you're degrading what He has spent money to achieve? Because You have a house that looks better than his, He should kill himself? Go and sleep in your mansion abeg. Not everyone is in a competition in this life.
These kind of people usually still live with their parents . I know their type

1 Like

Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by peterphd(m): 9:01am On Jan 15, 2018
gbadexy:
very nice one, very insightful.

Gbadexy the painter, how does one go about removing stains from texcote paint? See pic below. Thanks in anticipation

Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by kingdenny(m): 9:31am On Jan 15, 2018
What is the beauty in a house with substandard electrical products? Where u don't sleep with both eyes closed praying fire don't consume your family at night.

Check out my signature
Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by Pharmtj: 9:50am On Jan 15, 2018
highchief1 posftt=64208942:
calm down bros I never build morning sir
bros youself you nor try o... you forget say people blood Da �.....
Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by gbadexy(m): 10:33am On Jan 15, 2018
peterphd:

Gbadexy the painter, how does one go about removing stains from texcote paint? See pic below. Thanks in anticipation
The only solution is to paint it over with emulsion paint of any color of your choice.

2 Likes

Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by NwaliE01: 10:33am On Jan 15, 2018
Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by NwaliE01: 10:33am On Jan 15, 2018
Op, that roof is too low and very very expensive. please don't discourage potential land lords. I roofed mine far lower than this, fortunately same colour, long pan, same thickness(0.55) and even bigger than your structure.
Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by Kunlexity(m): 11:16am On Jan 15, 2018
MASKING EXECUTIVE CONSULT
Expert in: *Architectural Design *Engineering Survey *Layout Design *Estate Developer *Site Supervision *Expert Builder
�Location :Ibadan, Oyo-State, Nigeria.
For more enquiries ☎ 09069434957
Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by lilreese: 11:22am On Jan 15, 2018
Following

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by Johnsegun54(m): 11:22am On Jan 15, 2018
Good

1 Like

Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by highchief1: 12:12pm On Jan 15, 2018
Pharmtj:
bros youself you nor try o... you forget say people blood Da �.....
no treat d Bleep up Bros Buhari matter dey shake my brain bros
Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by engrrichie92(m): 12:21pm On Jan 15, 2018
I must build my house latest by year 2020

1 Like

Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:10pm On Jan 15, 2018
highchief1:

very funny...pls am in no competition with anyone...the thread necciciated such post besides those funds I use to build that house where gotten from people I assisted in w ritting their project, business plan, thesis etc infact academic work built that house...am not boasting but am proud it was completed in record time....for my level now,nits ok for me....am just 33 and perhaps when I reach ur age and level I will build a bigger and better ones than the one you said you have.....thanks alot

1 Like

Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by BuildersHubNG(m): 1:11pm On Jan 15, 2018
At Builders Hub Nigeria, we are your one stop builders mart in Nigeria. Contact us for doors, paints, tiles, baths, interiors and more. We even have a Vitafoam experience centre at our showroom. Visit us at 1 Onabule street, Ifako bus stop, Oworoshoki-Ogudu expressway, Lagos. Checkout our website at http://bhubng.com.

We also have a vocational/technical training school teaching people on interior design, painting, tiling, plumbering, furniture making and cabinet making. Visit [url]academy.bhubng.com[/url]

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @buildershubng
and @buildershubacademy

Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by highchief1: 2:43pm On Jan 15, 2018
valentineuwakwe:

very funny...pls am in no competition with anyone...the thread necciciated such post besides those funds I use to build that house where gotten from people I assisted in w ritting their project, business plan, thesis etc infact academic work built that house...am not boasting but am proud it was completed in record time....for my level now,nits ok for me....am just 33 and perhaps when I reach ur age and level I will build a bigger and better ones than the one you said you have.....thanks alot
come bros no make me vex u built a house at 33 u no want let us hear word when I built mine at 24.acada is ur hustle we all have ours congrats on ur house it's not easy to have half plot self na msn u be bros

1 Like

Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by aariwa(m): 8:43pm On Jan 15, 2018
segzy14:
Housing is classified as one of the necessity of human want from time immoral. It was in the form of shelter. Owning a house is the hope and desire of all citizen of Nigeria. However, the average Nigeria citizen has found it a hard target to achieve and the need to get affordable one is very important too.
Understanding the basic steps in building a house will aid your knowledge more and always make come out with better result. It does not matter whether it is your first or second house.
Here are the steps of building a house,

1. Purchase a Land
The first step is getting a land you are going to build your house on. Make sure you consider the location and surroundings you want to build your house in, the type of soil your house will stand on, the price of the land. Make sure you get all documents leading to proof of ownership of the land. I will advice you get one plot of land(18mx36m i.e 60ft x120ft) however you can settle for half plot if your budget does not meet that of a full plot. Once this is done you are set for the next step.
If after the land purchase you don't have enough money to erect your structure, try as much as possible to fence it so that there won't be TRESPASS TO LAND.

2.Get A Building Design from An Architect (Not a draftsman)
Once the purchase of the land has been settled and all the necessary documentation done, next is to get the service of an architect to draw the Plan of the house you plan to build.
After your taste and the requested facilities and rooms you wish your house to contain has been discussed ,your architect gets the plan designed to fit and meet with the building standards of the authorities in line with the location of the plot. There are regulations regarding what can be built, where and how, the architect is the best person to help you through this process. Before a standard house is erected, involving an Architect will be a very good thing to do.

3. Make a Bill of Quantities (BOQ)
Once the architect is done with the drawings as required before he presents it for building plan approval or after he must have done so, you will need the services of a quantity surveyor to come up with the Bill of Quantities (BOQ).
It is the determination of what building a house will cost you. Ordinarily, it is a very good thing to have this and you will be required to even produce it for verification if you are seeking financing in funding the construction of your house.
One reason this is carried out, is to avoid losing business in case the client gets discouraged on knowing the near actual cost and concludes that he has no means of raising such a sum and as such backs out. Either procrastination sets in or there is a total cancellation of the project.

4. Getting A Builder/Contractor
Once the idea is conceived by the architect, the BOQ has been drafted and a plan is approved by the local authorities, the services of a Builder or Contractor can be procured. A Builder is someone who ensure that what you have on your plan is what is constructed on ground at not more than the estimated cost except where there are reasons. A Contractor is simply a business person who supplies the machines, labour and material for construction. Again here, as the owner you may choose to supply the material by yourself or you may leave it entirely to the contractor. The Contractor may or may not have an engineering background but will have someone with engineering background if he has no engineering background though most Contractors double up as Engineers.

5. The Actual Building Construction
In Nigeria, there are two very common approaches to building a house in Nigeria.
They are ;
a. Do-it -yourself (DIY) method and
b. Design-and-Build Method.
--In the Do-it-yourself (DIY) method, the client (owner) has all the money in place, buys a house plan from an architect or draws one up by themselves, purchases all the materials and takes up the service of a Contractor to provide labour - bricklayers, plumbers, laborers, electricians etc- such that it is the Contractors role to direct the construction activity to completion.
--In the Design-and-Build method, the home owner approaches a Developer/Construction Company like us. The Developer or Company has a team in place that will consist of professionals- contractors, sub-contractors, architects and quantity surveyors-each with defined roles.

While there's no right or wrong method to use when building your own house in Nigeria, both of these approaches have their own advantages and disadvantages.

source : www.homeownerssecrets..com

cc: lawyer , Seun , lalasticala

Very true
Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 25, 2018
aariwa:
Very true

Thanks
Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by Kayrich(m): 10:55pm On Jan 25, 2018
Land for sale at Mawere via isawo agric-ikorodu.
Selling for ₦500,000/plot & ₦2,500,000 for 1acre (6plots).
Mawere town is lying between popular Isawo and isheri magodo neighbourhood. Mawere town also one of the community lying along the on-going dualization of agric-isawo-arepo road linking agric-ikorodu with lagos/ibadan expressway.
It's one of the fastest developing neighbourhood in Lagos you can key your investment in. Lets not wait till the road construction is completed.
The opportunity once again is here and now B4 price begin to jerk up.
Call us for further enquiry
08024559706/07061295782
Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by shedy03(m): 1:15am On Jan 26, 2018
danemenike:
let's build your house for you.
TerraStone Shelters 07037629947
thumbs up
Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:21am On Feb 07, 2018
Thanks all.
Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by buddie(m): 8:39am On Apr 21, 2018
Show us your quotation to further prove this now. Location also might matter hope you know. Roofing alone at 1M seems crazy really sha

NwaliE01:
Op, that roof is too low and very very expensive. please don't discourage potential land lords. I roofed mine far lower than this, fortunately same colour, long pan, same thickness(0.55) and even bigger than your structure.
Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 25, 2018
segzy14:
Thanks all.
Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 29, 2018
segzy14:
Thanks all....
Re: How To Build A House In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 14, 2018

Happy Sunday

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Construction Of Twin 3 Bedroom Duplex In Owerri, Imo State / Dilapidated Police Station In Otukpo Renovated At Last (See Photos) / 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.