Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Does God Learn From Experience - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Learn From Experience (587 Views)

5 Life Lessons To Learn From The Temptation Of Jesus Christ / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? / What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Learn From Experience by milkymesh: 11:39am On Jan 05, 2018
I saw this somewhere and thought I should share.

After hearing about the creations of God, one of my grand children asked, "How did God learn to do that?" This particular boy has a way of rendering the most learned among us speechless.

My first thought was that God is all knowing and all seeing and all that is or ever was or will be is of God. Therefore, learning would be the burden of man not God. Then however, I began to wonder if it were possible for something to take place on Earth or in the universe that would cause God to know more today than he did yesterday.

Any thoughts?

Re: Does God Learn From Experience by Johncuppa(m): 11:49am On Jan 05, 2018
milkymesh:
I saw this somewhere and thought I should share.

God did not just have Wisdom, He's Wisdom Himself.
His wisdom is so deep that it is beyond past finding out.
If He's to learn, from who will He learn?

33 Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!

34 "Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?"

35 "Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him?"

36 For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.
Re: Does God Learn From Experience by Tocheagle(m): 11:54am On Jan 05, 2018
He is referred to as the Ancient Of Days, He knows the end from the beginning. Learning is for humans only, God Does not learn because He is the giver of wisdom
Re: Does God Learn From Experience by ironheart(m): 12:03pm On Jan 05, 2018
There are millions of possibilities when it comes to God and man. I think he lets us make the decision n watch how we tango
Re: Does God Learn From Experience by Uyiii: 12:10pm On Jan 05, 2018
hmm, the question seems funny and counter-intuitive because He's an all knowing God as you rightly stated, but I'll say yes God does learn from experiences.
there are many Bible references to back up this claim but I'll talk about the popular Noah story.
after God destroyed the world with water except Noah's ark and everything within, He went on to promise not to destroy the world with water anymore even with the rainbow sign to signify calmness.
This assertion reveals God wasn't pleased with the water destruction outcome and because of that wouldn't want it to happen again.

P.s: I also hear God regretted creating a woman or rather cursed the day he created a serpent, I'm not sure sha, bible gurus can help clarify this and of course elucidate more on your question.
cheers man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Learn From Experience by joshnes(m): 8:17pm On Jan 05, 2018
Uyiii:
hmm, the question seems funny and counter-intuitive because He's an all knowing God as you rightly stated, but I'll say yes God does learn from experiences.
there are many Bible references to back up this claim but I'll talk about the popular Noah story.
after God destroyed the world with water except Noah's ark and everything within, He went on to promise not to destroy the world with water anymore even with the rainbow sign to signify calmness.
This assertion reveals God wasn't pleased with the water destruction outcome and because of that wouldn't want it to happen again.

P.s: I also hear God regretted creating a woman or rather cursed the day he created a serpent, I'm not sure sha, bible gurus can help clarify this and of course elucidate more on your question.
cheers man.
He repented that He created man as a whole. Not woman or serpent. Genesis 6:6.
Re: Does God Learn From Experience by Uyiii: 8:42pm On Jan 05, 2018
joshnes:
He repented that He created man as a whole. Not woman or serpent. Genesis 6:6.
okay boss, the whole idea actually is that He did regret.
cheerssmiley

1 Like

Re: Does God Learn From Experience by milkymesh: 9:37pm On Jan 05, 2018
In Gen 6:6 He regretted that he made man.Some translation rendered regretted as "repent". You regret an action or inaction you likely do not the outcome. Creating man was a mistake and God regretted it.
We learn from our mistake, isn't it?

Tocheagle:
He i referred to as the Ancient Of Days, He knows the end from the beginning. Learning is for humans only, God Does not learn because He is the giver of wisdom
Re: Does God Learn From Experience by Goodness4525: 10:02pm On Jan 05, 2018
milkymesh:
In Gen 6:6 He regretted that he made man.Some translation rendered regretted as "repent". You regret an action or inaction you likely do not the outcome. Creating man was a mistake and God regretted it.
We learn from our mistake, isn't it?

U can imagine our Christian answering question to pls their believe instead of the bible assertion ,the bible clearly made us no that God learn from experience and also prone to mistake but when u make such statement the religious gullible will attack u and brand u an Antichrist I just hope 4 the day Christians will get their own sense of reasoning other than their GO and pastors, and I think that is what is making the religion unrealistic
Re: Does God Learn From Experience by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 05, 2018
Lolz eyah sorry to disappoint...

Let me know now before we proceed..

1) do you believe the authenticity of the Bible
Re: Does God Learn From Experience by milkymesh: 8:28am On Jan 06, 2018
Goodness4525:
U can imagine our Christian answering question to pls their believe instead of the bible assertion ,the bible clearly made us no that God learn from experience and also prone to mistake but when u make such statement the religious gullible will attack u and brand u an Antichrist I just hope 4 the day Christians will get their own sense of reasoning other than their GO and pastors, and I think that is what is making the religion unrealistic

Many don't even understand the foundation of their beliefs.
Re: Does God Learn From Experience by adepeter2027(m): 9:25am On Jan 06, 2018
Ferisidowu:
Lolz eyah sorry to disappoint...
Let me know now before we proceed..
1) do you believe the authenticity of the Bible
A very funny question.
Do you believe donkeys talk?

(1) (Reply)

The Seven Habits Of Successful Christians / Catholic Church Rejoins CAN After 5 Years / Church Refuses To Refund Man Who Overpaid Tithe By ₦100,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.