Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? (1878 Views)

Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo-obiano / Osita Okechukwu: Osinbajo Backing South-West For 2023, Wake-up Call To Ndigbo / I’m Fair To Ndigbo In Appointment – Buhari (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by LIFEisSIMPLE: 5:34pm On Jan 05, 2018
"anyone who kills a Fulani herdsman takes a death loan repayable in 100 years" - El-Rufai

"We've paid some Fulani to stop killings in Southern Kaduna" – El-Rufai

What happens to anyone the fulani herdsman kills?

During the 2015 elections, President Muhammadu Buhari was presented to Nigerians as a man sent from heaven with a golden willy by some of the most intelligent and sophisticated.
Ndigbo despite not benefitting on any major infastructure from the GEJ administration, refused to vote for Buhari and they went as far as to preach to all Nigerian that GMB was not heaven sent and sure as hell does not possess golden willy.
Ndigbo where accused of playing the worse politics on planet earth.
Anyways, with news breaking out that fulani herdsmen are in another phrase of massacre mode on the people of Benue state and government taking no tangible actions for the upteenth time, i want to know if the people from this regions followed political sophistication or the pious principles of nature.
Finally, RIP to the fathers and brothers killed and healing prayers to Mothers and sisters raped.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/weve-paid-fulani-stop-killings-southern-kaduna-el-rufai/

3 Likes

Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by oyatz(m): 5:41pm On Jan 05, 2018
Its over 2years after the 2015 election, please get over it and don't play politics with this most unfortunate event.

5 Likes

Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by Aonkuuse(m): 5:45pm On Jan 05, 2018
op I don't know what incite the hate post but am from benue and am very very sure, Tiv/fulani started long ago during obasajo regime and it was worst during Jonathan. because one, the governor collected money from these people and sold grazing lands to them and the owners of these lands started pursuing the Fulani's which starts the fight in Jonathan's regime not now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by LIFEisSIMPLE: 5:54pm On Jan 05, 2018
You call this hate speech? Families are getting slaughtered and the president is not saying/doing anything about this
Aonkuuse:
op I don't know what incite the hate post but am from benue and am very very sure, Tiv/fulani started long ago during obasajo regime and it was worst during Jonathan. because one, the governor collected money from these people and sold grazing lands to them and the owners of these lands started pursuing the Fulani's which starts the fight in Jonathan's regime not now.

5 Likes

Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by Desyner: 5:57pm On Jan 05, 2018
The Ndigbo are too noisy. Don't fulanis kill in Enugu, Abia ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by LIFEisSIMPLE: 5:57pm On Jan 05, 2018
I am not playing politics dear. Mr. President has never said a word to deter the perpetrators of killings of innocent lives.
oyatz:
Its over 2years after the 2015 election, please get over it and don't play politics with this most unfortunate event.

5 Likes

Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by educhigo: 5:57pm On Jan 05, 2018
you are an slowpoke by saying this over 2years you still blaming the pass government and saying you are from the region,what this present government do since then about the killing?

7 Likes

Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by LIFEisSIMPLE: 5:59pm On Jan 05, 2018
You sound happy about the killing in enugu, benue, ogun or kaduna?
Desyner:
The Ndigbo are too noisy. Don't fulanis kill in Enugu, Abia ?

4 Likes

Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by princeade86(m): 6:21pm On Jan 05, 2018
No
Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by Mbeki: 8:21pm On Jan 05, 2018
Benue people are the dumbest people ever. The more they are oppressed the more they become loyal to their oppressors. A typical Tiv, Idoma and Igede persons prefers their generations to be wiped out by fulanis than have anything to do with the Igbos. The Fulanis will kill them and nothing will happen. By 2019, they will still vote in another gambari. Their memory capacity is 1 mb. Fools fight back as men!

9 Likes

Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by Mbeki: 8:21pm On Jan 05, 2018
Benue people are the dumbest people ever. The more they are oppressed the more they become loyal to their oppressors. A typical Tiv, Idoma and Igede persons prefers their generations to be wiped out by fulanis than have anything to do with the Igbos. The Fulanis will kill them and nothing will happen. By 2019, they will still vote in another gambari. Their memory capacity is 1 mb. Fools fight back as men!

1 Like

Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by Alariiwo: 8:34pm On Jan 05, 2018
Why are you guys so lousy??

Must you always use others plight to feel important?

When will ndigbo listen to others and go home to develop alaigbo. Stop the useless rants already

2 Likes

Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by scofficle: 8:40pm On Jan 05, 2018
Disgusting people!

1 Like

Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by scofficle: 8:41pm On Jan 05, 2018

1 Like

Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by scofficle: 8:41pm On Jan 05, 2018

1 Like

Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by LIFEisSIMPLE: 12:30am On Jan 06, 2018
shut up, dont make excuses for this killing of innocent men and women. Tell the president you voted to halt this killing by his kinsmen. Ndigbo dont play politics with innocent lives.
Alariiwo:
Why are you guys so lousy??

Must you always use others plight to feel important?

When will ndigbo listen to others and go home to develop alaigbo. Stop the useless rants already

5 Likes

Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by LIFEisSIMPLE: 12:34am On Jan 06, 2018
I know your type. you enjoy seeing the bloodshed of the innocent. This has gone beyond politics.
scofficle:

3 Likes

Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by Nobody: 12:39am On Jan 06, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
"anyone who kills a Fulani herdsman takes a death loan repayable in 100 years" - El-Rufai

"We've paid some Fulani to stop killings in Southern Kaduna" – El-Rufai

What happens to anyone the fulani herdsman kills?

During the 2015 elections, President Muhammadu Buhari was presented to Nigerians as a man sent from heaven with a golden willy by some of the most intelligent and sophisticated.
Ndigbo despite not benefitting on any major infastructure from the GEJ administration, refused to vote for Buhari and they went as far as to preach to all Nigerian that GMB was not heaven sent and sure as hell does not possess golden willy.
Ndigbo where accused of playing the worse politics on planet earth.
Anyways, with news breaking out that fulani herdsmen are in another phrase of massacre mode on the people of Benue state and government taking no tangible actions for the upteenth time, i want to know if the people from this regions followed political sophistication or the pious principles of nature.
Finally, RIP to the fathers and brothers killed and healing prayers to Mothers and sisters raped.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/weve-paid-fulani-stop-killings-southern-kaduna-el-rufai/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by Nobody: 12:44am On Jan 06, 2018
Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by ApexPredator: 12:46am On Jan 06, 2018
Stop dragging us into issues that doesn't concern us, you muppet. Let the people of those states deal with the herdsman menace.

1 Like

Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by obailala(m): 12:53am On Jan 06, 2018
Mbeki:

Only sorry losers are desperate to politicise everything. The herdsmen violence in the middle-belt certainly didnt start in 2015, and the people of the middle belt are very well aware of that. But dumb losers from 2015 just keep looking for a way to tie every issue to 2015 elections.

3 Likes

Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by Yyeske(m): 1:05am On Jan 06, 2018
obailala:

Only sorry losers are desperate to politicise everything. The herdsmen violence in the middle-belt certainly didnt start in 2015, and the people of the middle belt are very well aware of that. But dumb losers from 2015 just keep looking for a way to tie every issue to 2015 elections.
Fulani herdsmen's menace has been there from time immemorial but IPOB miscreants have started using it as an excuse for their phantom Biafra.
Ask them if they don't care about the Rivers killings on the 1st and 5th January and they all keep quiet. I'm so sure that if the killings in Rivers state was reported to be by Fulani herdsmen, they would've been shouting blue murder.

5 Likes

Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by cstr1001: 2:48am On Jan 06, 2018
Yyeske:
Fulani herdsmen's menace has been there from time immemorial but IPOB miscreants have started using it as an excuse for their phantom Biafra.
Ask them if they don't care about the Rivers killings on the 1st and 5th January and they all keep quiet. I'm so sure that if the killings in Rivers state was reported to be by Fulani herdsmen, they would've been shouting blue murder.
It has always been there but it has escalated to unprecedented heights.

You must be a child with zero knowledge of Nigeria or a disgusting sycophant.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by cstr1001: 2:53am On Jan 06, 2018
obailala:

How is the Hredsmen issue not political?
If it is not political, then what is it?

You see a massive escalation of attacks with little federal attention , and you say it is not political? Are you blind or just a conscienceless sycophant?

How are you going to solve it if not through political means.?

Lai muhammed said IPOB is more dangerous than fulani herdsmen, and your say it is not political.?

I pity the ignorant folks on this forum who takes you people at face value. Thank God your types are not the only people in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by EternalTruths: 6:16am On Jan 06, 2018
Northern Christians especially Tivs are too slow to learn. That is why they ended up voting for a jihadist.

Now, they are crying like women over their decision.

Very soon, they will be forced to choose between

1) Fulani Republic of Nigeria ( FRN )

2) Christian Republic of Biafra ( CRB )

I wish them good luck if they choose FRN

Tivs, pls keep supporting FRN while we the CRB keep watching you guys.

1 Like

Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by Yyeske(m): 7:05am On Jan 06, 2018
cstr1001:

Since it's been there so why politicising it, why not allow the middle belt people to say what they have to say instead of speaking up for them and what do you have to say about the Rivers killings or I guess that one isn't important because the killers aren't Fulani herdsmen?
Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by Yyeske(m): 7:08am On Jan 06, 2018
cstr1001:

You see a massive escalation of attacks with little federal attention , and you say it is not political? Are you blind or just a conscienceless sycophant?

Lai muhammed said IPOB is more dangerous than fulani herdsmen, and your say it is not political.?

I pity the ignorant folks on this forum who takes you people at face value. Thank God your types are not the only people in Nigeria.
Are you from the middle belt? If no did they ask for your opinion in this? Why not speak for your IPOB and allow others to speak for themselves?
Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by Yyeske(m): 7:11am On Jan 06, 2018
EternalTruths:
Northern Christians especially Tivs are too slow to learn. That is why they ended up voting for a jihadist.

Now, they are crying like women over their decision.

Very soon, they will be forced to choose between

1) Fulani Republic of Nigeria ( FRN )

2) Christian Republic of Biafra ( CRB )

I wish them good luck if they choose FRN

Tivs, pls keep supporting FRN while we the CRB keep watching you guys.
The Tivs never asked for your opinion in this so speak for yourself, Fulanis have been killed in many parts of the north too so what can you say about that before sticking your Biafra crap into this case?

2 Likes

Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by obailala(m): 10:45am On Jan 06, 2018
cstr1001:

When a cancerous cell is untreated, can you kindly tell me what happens?... it festers, it escalates, it becomes worse!!!

The Fulani herdsmen issue has been there long before 2015, not a single bit of attention or media reportage was given to it. I suppose boko haram at the time overshadowed everything else but with bokoharam largely gone, Nigerians now woke up to an already 'festered' herdsmen menace; the politics of the time (i.e. a fulani president) also helped turn it into a suitable political tool of criticism thereby boosting its reportage. So quit these your remote theories about herdsmen attacks only escalating in 2015, or probably because a fulani man became president. That is not true and the people of the middle belt who suffered this menace prior to 2015 know better.
Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by adeolakemi: 10:56am On Jan 06, 2018
Aonkuuse:
even in point of death you still defend your killer Fulani. I can never pity these middle beltan cos come rain come shine they can never change.my sympathy goes for the Egyptian, Yemenis and never for these Benue, plateau and taraba

1 Like

Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by adeolakemi: 10:59am On Jan 06, 2018
cstr1001:

may your days be long ,you know that thing wella

1 Like

Re: Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo? by obailala(m): 11:00am On Jan 06, 2018
cstr1001:

Herdsmen vs farming community clashes, Ijaw vs Itsekiri, Tiv vs Jukun, Ife vs Modakeke, Aguleri vs Umuleri battles etc. All the battles listed were political, with warring factions contesting for one thing or the other (usually land, or a market etc). But there's a clear difference between something being 'political' and when some set of people are desperately trying to 'politicise' it. When I say 'politicise' in this context, I mean trying to twist the story to fall within their myopic APC vs PDP narrative.

Like I mentioned earlier, the herdsmen crisis did not start in 2015, it only started getting more media coverage then because boko haram attacks which overshadowed it before had dwindled, it was getting worse (seeing that it wasn't treated) and thirdly, people saw a good opportunity to play politics with it as the new president was fulani.

https://iiardpub.org/get/JPSLR/VOL.%202%20NO.%201%202016/FULANI%20HERDSMEN.pdf
The paper above talks about how fulani herdsmen attacks had claimed up to 3000 lives between 2010 and 2014, and not only was this never tackled by the government, it wasn't even reported at all by the media and the people of the middle belt suffered it all alone.

Now this brings us back to my original comment on the 'politicisation of herdsmen attacks'. The person I responded to clearly and ignorantly labelled the people of Benue as 'fools' for voting Buhari (instead of GEJ) in 2015; he also alleged blindly that that led to the upsurge of herdsmen attacks. Now if it is established that the herdsmen crisis existed and wasn't tackled by government before 2015, does it make any sense calling the people 'fools' for voting out the government that didnt do anything to secure their lives?... Does it still make any sense tying herdsmen issue to 2015 election?... Hopefully you now get a clearer picture on what I meant by 'politicisation'

(1) (2) (Reply)

21 African Presidents And Their Ages As Of 2016 (photo) / I Will Replace Buhari As Nigeria’s President – Governor Okorocha / What Agreement Did Buhari Sign With Donald Trump? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.