Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

TINAPA: A N60bn Investment Gone Moribund - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TINAPA: A N60bn Investment Gone Moribund (2641 Views)

Nigeria To Sell Ajaokuta Steel Company After Spending $80bn On A Moribund Steel / Ayade To Turn Tinapa Into University / Yoruba’s Seaport Monopoly & Hand In Tinapa’s Close Down: Its Impact On Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: TINAPA: A N60bn Investment Gone Moribund by mandarin: 5:25pm On Jan 08, 2018
I feel a few things are responsible.
Economic growth that could create more middle class with disposable incomes for holidaying is not as fast as desirable.The location of TINAPA is too far from the epicenter and would have probably made a better investments if it were to be seen as an investment of the future. Then, the culture of going on summer holiday abroad is so pervasive that i know that even the governor of that state will probably travel to London in summer, Nigerians hardly value what they have and the consumer behaviour has an exortic taste which is very bad for our economy.

I feel TINAPA is close to Porthacourt and Akwa Ibom but you can also see that the population of people around there will probably want to travel to Seychelles, Bahamas and the rest. One way the place can be functional is through collaboration with other states in assets ownership and profit sharing whereby the government of that state will put say 60% of it for sale to interested states and investors so as to get say Lagos state government to take its conferences there and by so doing little by little it can begin to come alive again. I think I heard an expert once said on a popular television that TINAPA was ill timed but was a good project just that it came before its time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The 10 Unofficial Socio-cultural Regions Of Nigeria / PHOTOS: Osinbajo On An Official Visit To Kano State. / What Business Does Usman Kyari Do For A Living?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.