Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) (48043 Views)

Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? / Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Lalas247(f): 11:14am On Jan 07, 2018
Wow ! This is serious business .....
Jesus will weep for this ......
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by nonjebose(m): 11:38am On Jan 07, 2018
And what is wrong in using technology in the church? TV monitors, sophisticated sound system and communication equipment etc used in churches is of no interest to the Op and his ilks. Of course, when it comes giving money WILLINGLY, it becomes an issue.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by PastorAji(m): 11:39am On Jan 07, 2018
xreal:
In Oyedepo's voice:

Jesu! Brethren, this is my idea. I will advice you do it in nigeria alone.

I tried that in the uk and was banned.

Freeze Zone-B

Weh done

Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by turhibdwhale(m): 11:41am On Jan 07, 2018
We should all remember what Jesus did when he met people carrying out transactions in the temple
But these people will preach otherwise
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by spongebob0006(f): 11:41am On Jan 07, 2018
in my opinion, I dnt think its wrong cos some people go cashless really. I know a man who never has any currency on him anywhere u find him instead, he takes his ATM cards along everywhere just because he feels its gonna help u save more.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by stonecoldcafe: 11:44am On Jan 07, 2018
blogbuilder:
Good morning nairalanders and happy first sunday to you.
Some few days ago, I stumbled upon this picture online.
It is a church using Point of sale POS for collection of their offering and tithes.
My question is that, is it right or wrong or modern civilisation?
My church uses pos. It is located at the back of the church. No one parades the pos machine around. After service, make your way to the back, pay and go. I have never ever felt it was out of place. Quality of God's message still on point.

We are living in a technology driven society. Members of the church are not in complete idolation from the world. Less and lesser people carry cash these days. No one is happy to stand st an ATM for ages. People scroll through their bible apps in church while reading the bible. People pay offering via *737# or directly from their banking app during offering time. I see it all the time so I'm used to it. But then again maybe its just my church undecided
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by xreal: 11:47am On Jan 07, 2018
PastorAji:

Freeze Zone-B

Weh done

PastorAji....are u done at church already, pastor?

Hope the tithe yielded more today than last sunday.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by stevejomo(m): 11:52am On Jan 07, 2018
how and when did we get here?
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by YaxxVille(m): 12:08pm On Jan 07, 2018
Fine girl have u offered ur 1st sallary to ur pastore?
blackbeau1:
My question is will we never stop talking about this issue of money and the church ?
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by legislatively: 12:11pm On Jan 07, 2018
eph12:

Is cars or aeroplane in the Bible? Do we have modernized houses in the Bible?

Ask me more foolish questions please
do you understand how cars work?
Why didn't you call it witchcraft?
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by legislatively: 12:12pm On Jan 07, 2018
eph12:

I don't understand, has science created man already?
yes sir, via evolution
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Laoolu: 12:34pm On Jan 07, 2018
Na wa o

This one weak me..

MO fò
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Frankaka8(m): 12:34pm On Jan 07, 2018
blackbeau1:
My question is will we never stop talking about this issue of money and the church ?
truth is, the original prupose of the Church (salvation, helping d poor in Christ, preaching peace n unity among us, marriage, etc) has been digressed with making making members part with their money. Eg tithe, offerings, sow seed, first fruit, convenant offering, partnership, pledge, bla bla bla
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by eph12(m): 12:40pm On Jan 07, 2018
legislatively:
do you understand how cars work?
Why didn't you call it witchcraft?
I'm amazed you don't know people go to school to learn how to make things like cars. I'm surprised you see it as a mystery or one of the wonders of the world
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by eph12(m): 12:41pm On Jan 07, 2018
legislatively:
yes sir, via evolution
Can you point me to the factory or place where humans are produced?
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Emmydo360(m): 1:03pm On Jan 07, 2018
wow.... and a Muslim can comment freely on this trend.... NAIRALAND!!!!! THIS IS UNFAIR O
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Teymanhenry(f): 1:07pm On Jan 07, 2018
trustyshoess:

Dude salvation is personal. Don't judge your chances of making heaven by looking to other people cos you might easily go with them wherever they go. Use the word of God as a mirror for yourself, are you living righteously?doing God's will? etc. dont make that mistake bro
I can't say am righteous, I can't say am evil either... I hope God will close His eyes to my imperfections n forgive me ma little sins
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Dammylois(f): 1:11pm On Jan 07, 2018
We no longer have better news to read,thanks to Freezer...no one is forcing people to use the POS though
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by sherlockhush(m): 1:36pm On Jan 07, 2018
May God have mercy on you ....
xreal:
In Oyedepo's voice:

Jesu! Brethren, this is my idea. I will advice you do it in nigeria alone.

I tried that in the uk and was banned.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by princemartinsG(m): 1:56pm On Jan 07, 2018
blogbuilder:
Good morning nairalanders and happy first sunday to you.
Some few days ago, I stumbled upon this picture online.
It is a church using Point of sale POS for collection of their offering and tithes.
My question is that, is it right or wrong or modern civilisation?

Why have all these hunger-and-greed-led pastors continue to bastardize and commercialize christendom

This picture depicts exactly what occurs which made Jesus declare that they have turned his father's house to den of robbers and place for sellers and buyers

Matthew 21:12 Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who ...
biblehub.com/matthew/21-12.htm
Jesus entered the Temple and began to drive out all the people buying and selling animals for sacrifice. He knocked over the tables of the money changers and the chairs of ...
‎Matthew 21:13 - ‎Matthew 21 - ‎Matthew 21:11 - ‎KJ
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 07, 2018
PrecisionFx:

There's nothing like yahoo plus.
Just say you don't believe in it... not that it doesn't exist
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 07, 2018
Please, be careful what what bring to social media place. Leave the things of the church in the church plssssssssss.

To their God they are wrong or right, me and you and any other mortal being are too small to do these things we have found ourselves doing these days.

Judgment is REAL!

Save your head.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Stylz69(m): 3:01pm On Jan 07, 2018
Heavenly POS. It is much better since the church workers cannot steal while counting. This goes directly to God’s bank Account where he used it to ... err... He ....
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by joshrare(m): 3:21pm On Jan 07, 2018
I'm praying for my church to buy one....I can' avoid those ATM queue
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by MightySparrow: 3:43pm On Jan 07, 2018
clefstone:
don't think collecting money thru POS is wrong, it's only technology

Right Sir, people will not want to say that the proceeds of technology we enjoy today started from great minds raised by the church yesterday. Think about Galileo Galilei, ( used lamp hung in church to gerkt the idea of pendulum, Isaac Newton , he wrote exposition on Daniel, Michael Faraday, the Father of electricity; Lord Kelvin. What is wrong in church enjoying the technology?
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by blackbeau1(f): 3:53pm On Jan 07, 2018
YaxxVille:
Fine girl have u offered ur 1st sallary to ur pastore?
I will when I start earning a salary
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by blackbeau1(f): 3:56pm On Jan 07, 2018
Frankaka8:
truth is, the original prupose of the Church (salvation, helping d poor in Christ, preaching peace n unity among us, marriage, etc) has been digressed with making making members part with their money. Eg tithe, offerings, sow seed, first fruit, convenant offering, partnership, pledge, bla bla bla
I agree with you but the thing is you aren't under any obligations to give money if you don't want to because in the first place if you can't give cheerfully, the bible says don't even give. If you go to a church and they start telling you its by force to give. Port to where you are comfortable with their rate of taking money.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by mosesjida(m): 4:00pm On Jan 07, 2018
issokay..churches av turned to "chuchrite"...nw its pos..very soon we will see ATM on churches..churches are now malls..Pastorprenuers..wehdone zirs
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by ofwest47(m): 4:23pm On Jan 07, 2018
The most lucrative business center in Nigeria to day are the churches even has more attendants at any time T than Shop Rites and as it is even designed by them they make sure it is tax free.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prophetess Who Claimed She Went To Hell Apologize To The Church / Fight Inside Olivet Baptist Church In US While Pastor Was Preaching (Video) / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.