Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja (4758 Views)

Burial Of Musa Mante Baraze: Lawmaker Killed By Gunmen In Bauchi Buried (Photo) / Lawrence Ngozi Akpomiemie Killed By Gunmen In Delta (Graphic Photos) / Nurse Abducted By Boko Haram In Rann Speaks: ‘Tell My Parents I’m In Trouble’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by naptu2: 12:15pm On Jan 07, 2018
Gunmen Abduct Cameroon Separatist Leader in Abuja

January 7, 2018

Southern Cameroon’s separatist leader, Sisiku Julius Ayuk Tabe, has been abducted in Nigeria.

A statement signed by Secretary of Communications and IT, Federal Republic of Ambazonia, Chris Anu, said Tabe was abducted by “gunmen from la Republic du Cameroun at about 19:30 pm in Nera Hotels, (Ekwueme Road), Abuja Nigeria on January 5, 2018.”

The statement said the Federal Government of Nigeria had been notified of the incident and was currently investigating the situation. THISDAY could however not get official reaction on the abduction from officials of the foreign ministry or security agencies at the time of going to press.

Tabe heads the Interim Government of the Federal Republic of Ambazonia, after the Anglophone Southern Cameroon declared independence from Republic of Cameroon, which is the francophone part of the country, last year. In November, he named a series of secretaries into the interim national government. But the declaration of independence has not been recognised by the United Nations or any country.

Abducted along with Tabe, according to the statement, were Dr. Nfor Ngala Nfor, who is the chairman of the Southern Cameroons National Council (SCNC), Dr. Fidelis Nde Che, Dr. Henry Kimeng, Prof. Awasum, Dr. Cornelius Kwanga, Mr. Tassang Wilfred, Barrister Eyambe Elias, Dr. Ojong Okongho and Barrister Nalowa Bih.

The statement said Tabe and his team were in a “high command meeting in Abuja, Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria at the time the Cameroon gunmen showed up at the hotel. The meeting started at around 5pm, Nigerian time. At around 7:30pm, the gunmen came into the hotel and abducted all of them including the President.”

It also said the meeting was scheduled to discuss the Southern Cameroon’s Refugee crisis in Nigeria and to galvanise relief support for housing, medical and feeding in anticipation of the approaching rainy season.

The statement called on all Southern Cameroonians to remain calm as it pursues investigations into the abduction.

“We call on Nigerian authorities to address this issue immediately and ensure that the Cameroon Government does not do any harm to them. We also call on the Nigerian authorities to investigate this threat against its sovereignty by La Republique du Cameroon.

“We call on the Nigerian government to guarantee the security of the more than 20,000 Southern Cameroonian refugees in various camps in Nigeria,” the statement further added.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/01/07/gunmen-abduct-cameroon-separatist-leader-in-abuja/

Read statement below

Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by HungerBAD: 12:18pm On Jan 07, 2018
Interesting.

Every day we learn.

Naptu2 what website do you exactly go for your news?

Did not even know Cameroon has a group like this until now,and to read they have been in existence since 1984 and the media has kept quiet about them, is an organized conspiracy not to have their voices heard.

And what exactly brought them to Nigeria?how are we sure it is not the DSS that whisked them away?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by ritababe(f): 12:19pm On Jan 07, 2018
what's he doing in Nigeria? na naija want grant them referendum?

1 Like

Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by bugidon(m): 12:26pm On Jan 07, 2018
Nothing good is coming out of Nigeria this year

1 Like

Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by Penalty82(m): 12:27pm On Jan 07, 2018
Welcome to Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by cleatoris: 12:33pm On Jan 07, 2018
Penalty82:
Welcome to Nigeria!
...A very porous country.

With failed institutions that only protect terror herdsmen.

10 Likes

Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by naptu2: 12:40pm On Jan 07, 2018
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

Every day we learn.

Naptu2 what website do you exactly go for your news?

Did not even know Cameroon has a group like this until now,and to read they have been in existence since 1984 and the media has kept quiet about them, is an organized conspiracy not to have their voices heard.

And what exactly brought them to Nigeria?how are we sure it is not the DSS that whisked them away?

They've been agitating that they want to be reintegrated with Nigeria for a long time. Some of them were at the Nigeria vs Cameroon match in Uyo to support the Super Eagles (I'll post the picture in a minute).

Kamerun was initially colonised by the Germans. It was seized from Germany after World War 1 and divided between Britain and France.

Remember that part of Cameroon was governed together with Nigeria by the British and they left after a referendum in 1961. They say that referendum was a mistake and that they are being marginalised by French speaking Cameroon.

English speaking Cameroon has been off the internet for almost a year. The government does not want them to share pictures of riots and brutality online.

It's quite possible that they were actually arrested by the SSS. It has always been the case that the security services do not like foreigners who live in Nigeria interfering in the politics of their home country, especially when such interferance could lead to instability. They usually arrest such people and get them to agree that they won't engage in political activities while they are in Nigeria.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by Blue3k(m): 12:42pm On Jan 07, 2018
They were arrested by SSS.

2 Likes

Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by cleatoris: 12:42pm On Jan 07, 2018
ritababe:
You should be more worried to know that oppressed freedom fighters and human rights advocates can not flee to your country for refuge and feel safe.

I doubt if you even sleep at night with your two eyes closed...that is if bokoharam or Buhari's herdsmen have not already sacked your community.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by ImadeUReadThis: 12:42pm On Jan 07, 2018
Foreign elements operating with full impunity in our nation's capital.

Big shame

2 Likes

Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by EternalTruths: 12:44pm On Jan 07, 2018
So Cameroon has kidnapped that guy.
Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by HungerBAD: 12:45pm On Jan 07, 2018
naptu2:

They've been agitating that they want to be reintegrated with Nigeria for a long time. Some of them were at the Nigeria vs Cameroon match in Uyo to support the Super Eagles (I'll post the picture in a minute).

Kamerun was initially colonised by the Germans. It was seized from Germany after World War 2 and divided between Britain and France.

Remember that part of Cameroon was governed together with Nigeria by the British and they left after a referendum in 1963. They say that referendum was a mistake and that they are being marginalised by French speaking Cameroon.

Makes perfect sense.

I had always wondered why Nnamdi Azikiwe, Founded the National Council For Nigeria and Cameroun NCNC in the 1940's.

Makes perfect sense now.

2 Likes

Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by cleatoris: 12:45pm On Jan 07, 2018
naptu2:
Kamerun was initially colonised by the Germans. It was seized from Germany after World War 2 and divided between Britain and France.
Remember that part of Cameroon was governed together with Nigeria by the British and they left after a referendum in 1963. They say that referendum was a mistake and that they are being marginalised by French speaking Cameroon.
That's an excellent summary of the subject matter.
You are a good student of history.

3 Likes

Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by legitnow: 12:46pm On Jan 07, 2018
Dat is the mistake they make, thinking this solves anything.

A new leader will emerge.

After Ojukwu, their was Nnamdi Kanu.

Whenever Nnamdi Kanu subside, their will be me. hahahahahaha!

I am even more unquivering and daring.
grin

5 Likes

Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by naptu2: 12:46pm On Jan 07, 2018
HungerBAD:

Makes perfect sense.

I had always wondered why Nnamdi Azikiwe, Founded the National Council For Nigeria and Cameroun NCNC in the 1940's.

Makes perfect sense now.

Read the post again. I've modified it.
Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by HungerBAD: 12:46pm On Jan 07, 2018
naptu2:

Read the post again. I've modified it.

Ok
Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by cleatoris: 12:50pm On Jan 07, 2018
ImadeUReadThis:
Foreign elements operating with full impunity in our nation's capital.
Big shame
Nigeria has never been a viable, working state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by naptu2: 12:53pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hungerbad

Ambazonians supporting the Super Eagles against Cameroon in Uyo

1 Like

Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by NaoSlay: 12:54pm On Jan 07, 2018

good work from the SSS.

No wonder our SSS was singled out as the best intelligence agency in the world.

God bless president MUHAMMADU buhari.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by Amberon11: 12:56pm On Jan 07, 2018
Was told by some Cameroonians that their leader was either undergoing some training or hiding in Nigeria (can't remember which). Apparently they were right.
ritababe:

1 Like

Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by HungerBAD: 1:00pm On Jan 07, 2018
naptu2:
Hungerbad

Ambazonians supporting the Super Eagles against Cameroon in Uyo

This is nice.

The only part I am confused about, is on the part you wrote that they want to be re-integrated back to Nigeria.

I have been doing a little reading,and probably will do for a while for some Academic Purposes, and it is stated they actually want their own Country.

The entire Southern part of Cameroun,and if granted independence, will share border with Equatorial Guinea and Nigeria.

Naptu2 you have just given me a rich load of Thesis material on conflict resolution.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by Pavore9: 1:03pm On Jan 07, 2018
And they expect the Nigerian government to do something? Cameroonian government will also turn a blind eye when DSS go to Cameroon to pick up NIgerians who are deemed to be separatists

3 Likes

Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by naptu2: 1:05pm On Jan 07, 2018
HungerBAD:

This is nice.

The only part I am confused about, is on the part you wrote that they want to be re-integrated back to Nigeria.

I have been doing a little reading,and probably will do for a while for some Academic Purposes, and it is stated they actually want their own Country.

The entire Southern part of Cameroun,and if granted independence, will share border with Equatorial Guinea and Nigeria.

Naptu2 you have just given me a rich load of Thesis material on conflict resolution.

Thanks.

Yes, they initially said that they want Southern Cameroon to be part of Nigeria. That was in the early 2000s when Obasanjo was president. Obasanjo ignored them so they said that they want their own country, if they are not going to be reintegrated into Nigeria.

They had alliances with some Niger Delta militants back then and they launched attacks on the Cameroonian mainland.

3 Likes

Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by HungerBAD: 1:07pm On Jan 07, 2018
naptu2:

Yes, they initially said that they want Southern Cameroon to be part of Nigeria. That was in the early 2000s when Obasanjo was president. Obasanjo ignored them so they said that they want their own country, if they are not going to be reintegrated into Nigeria.

They had alliances with some Niger Delta militants back then and they launched attacks on the Cameroonian mainland.

Interesting.
Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by Blue3k(m): 1:15pm On Jan 07, 2018
naptu2:

Interesting you should do a whole thread on this topic alone. Anyway i still feel President Obasanjo should have fought harder for Bakassi. Maybe act like putin concerning Crimea. Let them vote in referendum then annex. Southern Cameroon could have joined Nigeria but the decided to join Cameroon.
Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by AustineE1: 1:21pm On Jan 07, 2018
The present Nigerian govt seems to be a puppet to any oppressive govt of the world,the tyrant in cameroun that has been ruling the nation for so many years,does not deserve coperation from a democratic govt ie if this APC govt in Nigeria is actually democratic in the true sense of it.
An oppressed people ran to Nigeria for succour and this useless DSS that cant arrest the menace of Fulani herdsmen,are only proactive when it comes to peaceful agitators.
Just the same way this useless puppet govt played into the hands of saudi Arabia and wasted the lives of so many shia's sect members in Nigeria.
One thing for sure is that,the day of reckoning is coming.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by HungerBAD: 1:28pm On Jan 07, 2018
Blue3k:

Interesting you should do a whole thread on this topic alone. Anyway i still feel President Obasanjo should have fought harder for Bakassi. Maybe act like putin concerning Crimea. Let them vote in referendum then annex. Southern Cameroon could have joined Nigeria but the decided to join Cameroon.

I agree we should do a whole thread on this.

Quickly:

Truth is, the larger percentage of Bakassi people wanted to be part of the Cameroun.

If they had been ceded to Nigeria, they the natives of Bakassi would have started another round of fight,wanting to go back to Cameroun.

And as for Crimea and Putin. The Crimea people had for years, claimed to be pure Russians, so Putin did not muscle them away, but actually listened to their cries.

Conflicts over rights,borders and the indigenous people anywhere is actually too complicated,and that is why Countries for their peace of mind, allow the status quo to remain the same.

We must not disturb the world order.

Or people like the Native Americans, or the Aborigines of Australia might start causing trouble.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja by gidgiddy: 1:31pm On Jan 07, 2018
People are strange. It is normal to see organisations have a "Government in exile".

Why arrest people for holding a meeting over a country that is yet to officially exist?

The dictatorial government of Buhari never ceases to amaze me.

First he gies after Biafra, now he goes after Ambazonia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biafra Airline Is On The Drawing Board - Kanu / APC Suspended Oshiomhole Based On Buhari's Directive / Edo Youths Attack Hausa & Fulani Burn Their Houses, Bikes And Properties (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.