Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

No Empire Lasts Forever. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / No Empire Lasts Forever. (1330 Views)

Judge Rules Trump Defrauded Banks, Insurers While Building Real Estate Empire / Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' / Table Barrack Obama Took ₦2,000 Meal Preserved Forever In Vietnam Eatery(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Empire Lasts Forever. by mysticwarrior(m): 12:31pm On Jan 07, 2018
1.The Egyptian empire flourished and was one of the most powerful empires in the Ancient world, but today Egypt is not among the most powerful nations on earth.

2. The Babylonian empire was another great empire of the ancient world after the Assyrian empire (612 BCE) its capital was beautifully adorned by king Nebuchadnezzar, who erected several famous buildings, the empire collapsed under the Persians in (539 BC), Babylon is located at present day Iraq, and today Iraq is almost a 3rd world country.

3. The Persian empire is a series of imperial dynasties centered in Iran (modern day Iran) the first dynasty of the Persian empire was created by Achaemenids, and Cyrus the great strengthened the military and subjugated rival empires, and it was documented that the Persian empire
covered much of the Ancient world and controls
the largest percentage of the earths population
in history when it was conquered by Alexander the Great, today Iran is not known with that kind of reputation.

4. Alexander the great of Macedonia succeeded his father Philip when he was only 20 years of age, he was a great man of physical strength and courage, Alexander the Great led an army of Macedonian and Greek warriors against a much larger Persian army, and crushed them with a fisted hand, he was a warrior, a conqueror and an emperor, he has the largest empire ever forged by a single conqueror, from Europe to Asia and north African, but the Macedonian/Greek empire suffered a set back after the death of Alexander, where is Macedonia and Greece today in terms of world powers?

5.The Roman Empire was one of the largest empire in human history, with a well organized army and having a sizable population of 90 million citizens, the roman empire was often plague by dynastic warfare during dynastic successions, the empire lasted for about 1500 years making it one of longest lasting empires the world has ever known, Rome which happens to be capital of Italy today can only boast of antiquated glory.

6. The mongol Empire was by far the largest contiguous land empire in history, founded by Ghengis Khan and made more formidable by his succeeding children, the mongol empire stretches across most part of Eurasia, and they are well known to be fierce warriors using mounted archery in attacking formations during warfare, the mongols who are nomads are famous for their exceptional way of horse ridding, no group of persons is history are better than the mongols in terms of horse ridding and hunting, it is said that "a mongol warrior live almost all his life on the back of his horse, the mongol Empire also faced declining state and eventually collapsed, where is Mongolia today in the area of world politics?

7. the Ottoman empire was a Turkish empire founded by Muslim conquerors, this empire flourishes and also fell during the first world war.

8.The British Empire comprised the dominions,
colonies protectorates , mandates and other
territories ruled or administered by the United Kingdom and its predecessor
states. It originated with the overseas possessions and
trading posts established by England between
the late 16th and early 18th centuries. The British empire has colonies in almost every continent in the world during its peak, then it began to decline, and later came to be known as "Great Britain" then it declined much more again and became known as "Britain" and its still declining.

9. The USA is a mordern day empire which was forged with sweat, tears and blood, the USA became a force to be reckoned with after the second world war, this empire can boast of having a formidable economy and very strong military, believe me it is an empire ready to do anything to preserve its might, and the bitter truth remains that it will surely collapse as no empire lasts forever.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Empire Lasts Forever. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 07, 2018
Where will be the next empire??

1 Like

Re: No Empire Lasts Forever. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 07, 2018
China??
Re: No Empire Lasts Forever. by mysticwarrior(m): 7:19pm On Jan 07, 2018
OceanmorganTrix:
China??
China is a potential world power, with a huge population and a fast growing economy, its military is also in contention among the best militaries in the world.
Re: No Empire Lasts Forever. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 07, 2018
I think the next empire will be the last.
I also think it will be from Asia.
The US knows that one day their empire will end but one thing they don't know is that it will be destroyed from within itself.
I hope d innocent will survive when the time comes because their politics has been dangerous worldwide and characterized by destabilization and overthrow not minding the casualties of the innocents involved

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Empire Lasts Forever. by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 09, 2018
And in-between,there were several other empires that were not as powerful as these. In the period which the British Empire flourished there were others existing alongsides it and sometimes vying for influence across the globe with it. There was the Ottoman Empire[a waning power at the time],the French Empire[which was about the 2nd most dominant at the time],the Spanish Empire that found its footing in the New World covering almost all of South America until it fell to Bonaparte's might and later on,the rising power that was the USA after the 1898 war. These other empires MUST NOT be over-looked. However I believe Op compiled a list of the most powerful empires of their era which,to me,is quite understandable. Nice post.
Re: No Empire Lasts Forever. by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 09, 2018
@mysticwarrior Don't you feel the Russian Empire deserves a mention on your list,man? That was another ridiculously and outrageously humonguous empire too,you know? At a point,it included Alaska[until 1867] and several of the modern CIS states[many of which broke away in 1991] . You just have to take a look at the world's largest country,Russia,which is a survivor State of that empire,to appreciate what that empire was in its days.

1 Like

Re: No Empire Lasts Forever. by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 09, 2018
kingkakaone:
I think the next empire will be the last.
I also think it will be from Asia.[/quote/] What makes you think so. I hope it has nothing to do with any of those ridiculous apocalyptic theories?
The US knows that one day their empire will end but one thing they don't know is that it will be destroyed from within itself.
In other words,an implosion of sorts. Interesting.
Re: No Empire Lasts Forever. by KingSango(m): 3:27pm On Jan 09, 2018
Nigeria has the potential to become the next great African empire. The British messed up Nigeria by changing the map from East to West to North to South. What I mean is that Yorubaland used to go from SW Nigeria over to Dahomey, which the Fon people were married to Ile Ife, but the Fon also were in Togo, which means that Yorubalands trademans were there! The Yorubas were also in Ghana before the Akan moved down from Mali forced out by the Berbers and Moors, which is also Turkish European invasion of West Africa with Black and Arab faces. Yorubaland stretched all the way to Free Town in Serra Leon.

The Fulani Empire includes the Hausa but also Fulani groups in Dahomey/Benin Republic, Mali, and Senegal. There's more development here that's needed to make the point but its clear that something has gone wrong on the map thinking of West Africans. Instead of focusing upon North and South differences Nigerians need to focus upon East to West where lies more cultural allies for the Yorubas and for the Fulanis. The Alaafin, the Ooni, Emir and Sultan need to put their forces together along with the government to expand the Nigerian empire. The rest of the gaps in between can be subdued and conquered. This is my advice babas.

Ase

Love Sango

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Empire Lasts Forever. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 09, 2018
mansakhalifa:
In other words,an implosion of sorts. Interesting.
Yeah, something like that.
Re: No Empire Lasts Forever. by mysticwarrior(m): 4:52pm On Jan 10, 2018
mansakhalifa:
@mysticwarrior Don't you feel the Russian Empire deserves a mention on your list,man? That was another ridiculously and outrageously humonguous empire too,you know? At a point,it included Alaska[until 1867] and several of the modern CIS states[many of which broke away in 1991] . You just have to take a look at the world's largest country,Russia,which is a survivor State of that empire,to appreciate what that empire was in its days.
am very impress by your plight to keep me abreast, thanks.
Re: No Empire Lasts Forever. by nlPoster: 6:53am On Nov 25, 2019
Oh, I thought nairaland pundits empire is lasting forever or what does the poster mysticwarrior think?

Very quick to insult people.
Re: No Empire Lasts Forever. by mysticwarrior(m): 10:45am On Nov 25, 2019
nlPoster:
Oh, I thought nairaland pundits empire is lasting forever or what does the poster mysticwarrior think?

Very quick to insult people.
You find me reach here too? This topic is too technical for you and i suggest you stay away cos you don't have anything to contribute.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Empire Lasts Forever. by nlPoster: 1:56pm On Nov 25, 2019
mysticwarrior:
You find me reach here too? This topic is too technical for you and i suggest you stay away cos you don't have anything to contribute.

Only your contributions matter no doubt.

undecided
Re: No Empire Lasts Forever. by mysticwarrior(m): 6:16pm On Nov 25, 2019
The Benin, Oyo and Bornu empires once flourished in Nigeria but today they no more.

The Inca of Peru, Aztec and maya of mexico experienced the same thing.

1 Like

Re: No Empire Lasts Forever. by joshjc(m): 7:02pm On Nov 25, 2019
mansakhalifa:
in my opinion the Russian Empire was not as great as other European empires, maybe they were not ambitious like the French,British,dutch, Spanish and Portuguese
Re: No Empire Lasts Forever. by joshjc(m): 7:04pm On Nov 25, 2019
What about Germany under the nazis
Re: No Empire Lasts Forever. by mysticwarrior(m): 8:24pm On Nov 25, 2019
joshjc:
What about Germany under the nazis
we are talking about empires that lasted for centuries and not empires that didn't last for up to a decade.

1 Like

Re: No Empire Lasts Forever. by drakeli: 10:56pm On Nov 25, 2019
mysticwarrior:

9. The USA is a mordern day empire which was forged with sweat, tears and blood, the USA became a force to be reckoned with after the second world war, this empire can boast of having a formidable economy and very strong military, believe me it is an empire ready to do anything to preserve its might, and the bitter truth remains that it will surely collapse as no empire lasts forever.

This world is an empire on its own. This world will fall and its end is imminent:

The last single empire would be America. In the last days, other empires shall rise up (Russia and China). They shall all be at war(the battle of Armageddon). This battle would bring an end to all of these empires as there shall be total destruction and afterwards the end shall come.

So don’t think after America, there shall be another singular empire whereby America would now become a toothless dog and has no more relevance. The rise of all these empires you listed had been prophecized.
Re: No Empire Lasts Forever. by YoussufAp(m): 6:31pm On Nov 28, 2019
KingSango:

Nigeria has the potential to become the next great African empire. The British messed up Nigeria by changing the map from East to West to North to South. What I mean is that Yorubaland used to go from SW Nigeria over to Dahomey, which the Fon people were married to Ile Ife, but the Fon also were in Togo, which means that Yorubalands trademans were there! The Yorubas were also in Ghana before the Akan moved down from Mali forced out by the Berbers and Moors, which is also Turkish European invasion of West Africa with Black and Arab faces. Yorubaland stretched all the way to Free Town in Serra Leon.

The Fulani Empire includes the Hausa but also Fulani groups in Dahomey/Benin Republic, Mali, and Senegal. There's more development here that's needed to make the point but its clear that something has gone wrong on the map thinking of West Africans. Instead of focusing upon North and South differences Nigerians need to focus upon East to West where lies more cultural allies for the Yorubas and for the Fulanis. The Alaafin, the Ooni, Emir and Sultan need to put their forces together along with the government to expand the Nigerian empire. The rest of the gaps in between can be subdued and conquered. This is my advice babas.

Ase

Love Sango

Nigeria seems to be too decentralized for that to happen. Many tribal and corporate interests pulling the country's people and resources apart.
But I have to admit that I am largely ignorant about Nigeria so please correct me if I am wrong.
Re: No Empire Lasts Forever. by panafrican(m): 1:21am On Nov 29, 2019
No empire last for ever that is why the Almoravid
empire, the Ottoman empire and the ISIS caliphate are now dead.
God is great !

(1) (Reply)

Xenophobia: South African President Blasted For "Catching Cruise" On National TV / BREAKING NEWS: US Military Kill World Deadliest Terrorist Abu Bakr Al-baghdadi / ''This Is Over - IRAN Won'', Says Former UN Weapons Inspector Scott Ritter (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.