|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,023,538 members, 4,314,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 23 June 2018 at 05:00 PM
Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest / Fayose Is Qualified To Contest 2019 Election, No One Should Stop Him - Ladoja / We Will Beg Muhammadu Buhari To Contest 2019 Election - Adebayo Shittu (1) (2) (3) (4)
|Re: Why You Should Vote For Buhari If He Decides To Contest 2019 by orisa37: 9:44am On Jan 10|
|Re: Why You Should Vote For Buhari If He Decides To Contest 2019 by lightblazingnow(m): 9:54am On Jan 10|
|Re: Why You Should Vote For Buhari If He Decides To Contest 2019 by Okoroawusa: 10:00am On Jan 10|
As for me and my household Buhari shall we vote
|Re: Why You Should Vote For Buhari If He Decides To Contest 2019 by lightblazingnow(m): 10:18am On Jan 10|
|Re: Why You Should Vote For Buhari If He Decides To Contest 2019 by lightblazingnow(m): 9:52pm On Jan 13|
|Re: Why You Should Vote For Buhari If He Decides To Contest 2019 by Samleen(m): 10:09pm On Jan 13|
More than before, we now know what we require from a presidential aspirant
To every presidential aspirant, here is our requirement checklist if you actually want us to cast our votes for you in the coming 2019 election.
We don't care about what political party you belong to anymore -whether old party or new party, popular or unpopular; we don't care about what religion anymore; we don't care about what tribe or region anymore but
1. Must attend not less than 3 presidential debates: how do we know you're mentally stable and not a slowpoke if you cannot give reasonable responses to simple debate questioning?
2. Must undergo medical qualification tests: both the psychiatricals and others. The result must be verified by a notable medical panel and must be made availale to the general public.
People do medical tests even for secondary school admission, so why not for presidency aspiration.
3. Must have of governing plan (just like a business plan or a master plan) and make it available to the general public through the all the social media channels.
Bank cannot commit their cash to people without a good business plan with clearly written goals and objectives, figures, strategies and a guarantor, so how much more should we commit the life, future and properties of more than 150millions Nigerians to you without a plan.
In the plan must also be indicated your personer track records of successes.
4. Must have more than secondary school education. (There's nothing new about this)
5. Must have at least one of your children educated in a public university in Nigeria (not private): by this we will surely know that you believe in the future of Nigeria and that you will work towards her betterment.
This is a price not too much to pay if you realy love us.
We are tired of insensitivity of government towards the development of standards of educational setup in Nigeria, the strikes and industrial actions.
6. Must be a patronage of Nigerian made products and services and you must believe in capacity building of Nigerian indigenous businesses to provide exportable products and services to neighbouring countries, Africa and the world at large.
7. Must be wide reader and self development enthusiast: If you don't constantly feed your mind with transformative, educative and informative ideas through books, you don't have a business doing with presidency in Nigeria.
We are tired of archaic approaches to human governing. We need mordern, liberated and future oriented leaders to lead us in Nigeria, not power mongers, who just want to be in government for power, fame and monetary gain.
8. Must be within the working age range (younger than 60 years): "what's good for the goose is good for the gander".
Towards old age, people become less and less physically, socially, mentally and psychologically fit to cope with occupational demands, not to talk of rulling a nation of more than150million citizens, so retirement is compulsory.
The retirement age in Nigeria civil service guided by decree No. 102 of 1979 that dealt with pension and gratuity pegged the statutory age of retirement for public officers at 60 years, while it is 65 years for judiciary officers and 70 for academic staff of universities. However with reform of civil service decree No. 43 of 1988, retirement age has been put at 60 years or 35 years in service.
9. Must have no public record of hate speech, tribalism, nepotism, crime against humanity, pending corruption charges or history, and or affiliation with any millitant group or religion fundamentalist group or terrorist group :
We will never ever think again that people will change. Ascenssion to power only gives people the chance to express their true self.
10. Must have done something contributary to the development of your immediate environment: this is simple, is'nt it?
11. Must be well educated about the constitution of Nigeria. We are tired of reminding the government what to do and what's not to do. We are tired of reminding the government about what's in the costitution they swear to uphold. This is 21st century.
The INEC in collaoration with the National Assembly and the Judiciary Counsel of Nigeria should create an online platform where common citizen can get proper education about the Nigerian constitution. They should maku use of shot animated videos and other training material. Certificates should also be awarded.
|Re: Why You Should Vote For Buhari If He Decides To Contest 2019 by surgical: 10:29pm On Jan 13|
izombie:The project he is talking about is the territorial expansion of his kinsmen in Nigeria to colonise Nigerians through violence and intimidation. you can't claim not to have noticed that if you live in Nigeria.
|Re: Why You Should Vote For Buhari If He Decides To Contest 2019 by lightblazingnow(m): 7:00am On Jan 14|
Good talking can't bring good leadership
|Re: Why You Should Vote For Buhari If He Decides To Contest 2019 by lightblazingnow(m): 3:57pm On Feb 23|
I tell you
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86