Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

How They Distroyed Our Economy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How They Distroyed Our Economy (2153 Views)

Our Economy Failing Because Investors Know Buhari Not In Charge-bukola Saraki / We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola / We Need To Tackle The Problems Of The Poor For Our Economy To Grow- VP Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How They Distroyed Our Economy by Icecomrade: 8:51am On Jan 09, 2018
[In those days when PDP destroyed the economy for 16 years,

A bag of rice was N7500

A litre of petrol was N87.

A dollar was N170.

A 'Bajaj' motorcycle was N82,000

A 10kg bag of Semovita was N1,100

A 10kg bag of Wheat meal was N700

The Lagos-Abuja transport fare was N2500

A 75ml of palm-oil was N70

A bottle of Coca cola was N60

A tin of Peak milk was N80

A pack of Ciprotab drug was N1100

Infact, Those guys destroyed the economy totally! Wicked people!!!

....... ....... .......

Thank God for our APC Messiahs that have come to revive the economy;

A bag of rice is now N16,000

A litre of petrol is now N350.

A dollar is N368!!!

A 'Bajaj' motorcycle is now N280,000

A 10kg bag of Semovita is now N3000

A 10kg bag of Wheat meal is now N2800

The Lagos - Abuja fare is now N15,500

A 75ml of palm oil is now N400

A bottle of Coca cola drink is now N100

A tin of Peak milk is now N220

A pack of 'Ciprotab' drug is now N3200

....... The most interesting fact about this is that

They did this in just 2years.

We need to give them 16years to do more.

_#God punish devil!!!!!!!_

Copied

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by sarrki(m): 8:52am On Jan 09, 2018
Gej , Stella oduah, Alison madueke, and ngozi did

1 Like

Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by 7lives: 9:30am On Jan 09, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Yawns.
If only you can explain to me how we ended up with low reserve after making so much money, abi you no know say ALL THOSE THINGS YOU HIGHLIGHTED ARE A FUNCTION OF THE NATIONAL RESERVE?.
You better go and find out how Norway, SAUDI ARABIA, QATAR AND OTHER OIL DEPENDENT ECONOMIES survive the oil crash, BOTTOM LINE IS TO BUILD A BOGUS RESERVE TO FALL BACK ON, SIMPLE.
If your useless wasteful party PDP had summon the courage to build our reserve, the crashing oil price wouldn't have hit us that much.
My pain with pdp is that, THEY KNEW the consequence of not saving for the rainy day and still went ahead to commit such atrocities against the people of this country.
I know YOU ALSO KNEW WHAT HAPPENED in the last six years of pdp administration was terrible but, you choose to FEIGN IGNORANCE because you are PROFITING from the FLEECING that was going on.
You pretend you don't know how an economy works, shame on you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by temptnow: 9:41am On Jan 09, 2018
sarrki:
did the guy say 16 years to do more? God forbid bad thing.

I'm ready to sale my phone to use rent pick-up truck to take Buhari back to his village by February next year

1 Like

Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by Icecomrade: 10:26am On Jan 09, 2018
7lives:
If only you can explain to me how we ended up with low reserve after making so much money, abi you no know say ALL THOSE THINGS YOU HIGHLIGHTED ARE A FUNCTION OF THE NATIONAL RESERVE?.
You better go and find out how Norway, SAUDI ARABIA, QATAR AND OTHER OIL DEPENDENT ECONOMIES survive the oil crash, BOTTOM LINE IS TO BUILD A BOGUS RESERVE TO FALL BACK ON, SIMPLE.
If your useless wasteful party PDP had summon the courage to build our reserve, the crashing oil price wouldn't have hit us that much.
My pain with pdp is that, THEY KNEW the consequence of not saving for the rainy day and still went ahead to commit such atrocities against the people of this country.
I know YOU ALSO KNEW WHAT HAPPENED in the last six years of pdp administration was terrible but, you choose to FEIGN IGNORANCE because you are PROFITING from the FLEECING that was going on.

This is a typical APC response to bad governance.
Lies and deciet .

Someone or Something to blame for the worse governance in the history of Nigeria.

The colossal failure is staring you in the face. You cant challenge the facts. You cant deny this.

APC is pathetic.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by jpphilips(m): 12:51pm On Jan 09, 2018
Icecomrade:
[In those days when PDP destroyed the economy for 16 years,

A bag of rice was N7500

A litre of petrol was N87.

A dollar was N170.

A 'Bajaj' motorcycle was N82,000

A 10kg bag of Semovita was N1,100

A 10kg bag of Wheat meal was N700

The Lagos-Abuja transport fare was N2500

A 75ml of palm-oil was N70

A bottle of Coca cola was N60

A tin of Peak milk was N80

A pack of Ciprotab drug was N1100

Infact, Those guys destroyed the economy totally! Wicked people!!!

....... ....... .......

Thank God for our APC Messiahs that have come to revive the economy;

A bag of rice is now N16,000

A litre of petrol is now N350.

A dollar is N368!!!

A 'Bajaj' motorcycle is now N280,000

A 10kg bag of Semovita is now N3000

A 10kg bag of Wheat meal is now N2800

The Lagos - Abuja fare is now N15,500

A 75ml of palm oil is now N400

A bottle of Coca cola drink is now N100

A tin of Peak milk is now N220

A pack of 'Ciprotab' drug is now N3200

....... The most interesting fact about this is that

They did this in just 2years.

We need to give them 16years to do more.

_#God punish devil!!!!!!!_

Copied

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/171145-brace-tougher-times-ahead-okonjo-iweala-tells-nigerians.html

Guess Okonjo iweala was of APC abi? Dont borrow sense continue managing what you inherited.

1 Like

Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by tuniski: 1:31pm On Jan 09, 2018
7lives:
Hope you understand what foreign reserve is? Anyway, of what correlation is fx and foreign reserve? That should atleast put you in perspective!
Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by tuniski: 1:36pm On Jan 09, 2018
jpphilips:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/171145-brace-tougher-times-ahead-okonjo-iweala-tells-nigerians.html

Guess Okonjo iweala was of APC abi? Dont borrow sense continue managing what you inherited.

That is what a sound mind must say. And it takes another sound mind to avert the tough times. But what we have is a terrible team worsening a situation that should be averted. God bless NOI for the timely warning. And to those who instead of acting expeditiously decided to be lukewarm out of cluelessness, rather engage in trial and error till the whole economy boomerang, judgement day is February 16 next year!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by Cjrane2: 2:57pm On Jan 09, 2018
Icecomrade:

This is a typical APC response to bad governance.
Lies and deciet .

Someone or Something to blame for the worse governance in the history of Nigeria.

The colossal failure is staring you in the face. You cant challenge the facts. You cant deny this.

APC is pathetic.

Meanwhile Yusuf the teenage son of President Buhari who pretends austere lifestyle bought a N56 million naira motorbike toy even though he is unemployed. The most amazing is Buhari is so wealthy he didn't even notice N56 million was removed from just one account!

Nigerians deserve the suffering they imposed on themselves.

6 Likes

Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by jpphilips(m): 8:43pm On Jan 09, 2018
tuniski:

That is what a sound mind must say. And it takes another sound mind to avert the tough times. But what we have is a terrible team worsening a situation that should be averted. God bless NOI for the timely warning. And to those who instead of acting expeditiously decided to be lukewarm out of cluelessness, rather engage in trial and error till the whole economy boomerang, judgement day is February 16 next year!

I am glad you said NOI was a sound mind, may I quickly remind you that her warning came in 2014 while her govt was booted out 9 months after. Tell me, why did she not solve the problem to prove her suzereinty within the 9months she reigned supreme? Any guess??

1 Like

Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by jpphilips(m): 8:44pm On Jan 09, 2018
Cjrane2:

Meanwhile Yusuf the teenage son of President Buhari who pretends austere lifestyle bought a N56 million naira motorbike toy even though he is unemployed. The most amazing is Buhari is so wealthy he didn't even notice N56 million was removed from just one account!

What make is Yusuf's bike?

1 Like

Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by tuniski: 8:48pm On Jan 09, 2018
jpphilips:

I am glad you said NOI was a sound mind, may I quickly remind you that her warning came in 2014 while her govt was booted out 9 months after. Tell me, why did she not solve the problem to prove her suzereinty within the 9months she reigned supreme? Any guess??

Till the last admin left, we were not in this shit. Change came without plan,content and direction but empty propaganda now the result is clear to all.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by 7lives: 10:17pm On Jan 09, 2018
tuniski:

Till the last admin left, we were not in this shit. Change came without plan,content and direction but empty propaganda now the result is clear to all.

2019 is almost here, we shall see if Nigerians are willing to go back to Egypt.
Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by naijaboy756: 10:50pm On Jan 09, 2018
sarrki:
it id enough sin to be a fool. But displaying it brazingly is unforgivable

1 Like

Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by naijaboy756: 10:52pm On Jan 09, 2018
Cjrane2:

yet he told his stupid followers he borrowed money to buy nomination forms, people are dumb sha

1 Like

Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by nnachukz(m): 11:56pm On Jan 09, 2018
7lives:
Yes after you have explained to us how we ended up buying fuel above N250 per litre when oil price has falling globally.
At above $100 pb we were buying at N85 per litre, now below $100 we are now buying at above N250 litre.
Who did this to you?

1 Like

Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by jpphilips(m): 5:59am On Jan 10, 2018
tuniski:

Oh really!! The problem is that you just left puberty so your parents just gave you access to the news who will blame you?

Read here again
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/182543-nigerian-govt-borrowing-billions-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala.html

After the almighty Iweala exhausted everything in her Academic Arsenal, she made another shocking confession that her solution to your problem is borrowing to pay salaries by 6th May 2015, 3 weeks before they were booted out, what does that tell you?
PDP has no answer to your misery, vote them again and experience misery plus kleptocracy, you will be back here crying like a retired witch, facts dont lie.

I can manage an APC borrowing for capital expenditures under the circumstance, not a pdp so clueless they couldn't figure out how to solve just one out of the myriads of economic challenges we had, ordinary salary. Thank your stars for Apc else you won't have access to the Internet by now that is if Boko haram hasn't sold you to the Libyans as a slave.

1 Like

Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by jpphilips(m): 6:15am On Jan 10, 2018
nnachukz:

Yes after you have explained to us how we ended up buying fuel above N250 per litre when oil price has falling globally.
At above $100 pb we were buying at N85 per litre, now below $100 we are now buying at above N250 litre.
Who did this to you?

That subsidy paid to enable you buy petrol at 87 naira per liter was the reason in part you had no buffer against global crude shock, ie if you know what that means.
Today, your external reserves have grown to $40b putting us on a huge pedestal against global down sides.
You have a choice to return to the old ways of buying cheap pms for your obsolete V8 engines and cry Buhari to the heavens of economic hardship in the future OR face the real world for what it is and live with a buffer when the chips are down. Economics is not rocket science.
Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by ba7man(m): 6:20am On Jan 10, 2018
Too many illiterates on this forum.
Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 6:21am On Jan 10, 2018
7lives:
If them leave you now you go think say na intelligence responce you give so but we know you to be one of the misguided apc e-agent. God don dey punish una small small.

1 Like

Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by nnachukz(m): 7:36am On Jan 10, 2018
jpphilips:

That subsidy paid to enable you buy petrol at 87 naira per liter was the reason in part you had no buffer against global crude shock, ie if you know what that means.
Today, your external reserves have grown to $40b putting us on a huge pedestal against global down sides.
You have a choice to return to the old ways of buying cheap pms for your obsolete V8 engines and cry Buhari to the heavens of economic hardship in the future OR face the real world for what it is and live with a buffer when the chips are down. Economics is not rocket science.
Since you know how the reserve was used, then stop asking useless questions. Growing the external reserves at the detriment of the well being of your people is very wrong. Come to think of it, has that positively affected our exchange rate. Not at all, if you check very well, at this present exchange rate nothing has actually been saved. Because our naira has badly depreciated. So in real sense of value nothing has been saved.

Has this administration truly removed subsidy? Don't you read the news or you just want to pretend it has been removed and that is why people are buying through their nose.

Nothing is on ground to better the future my dear. Stop this joke.
We are actually in Egypt now, we went back to the 1984 recession giver. Now we must find a way to drawn this Pharaoh in the Red Sea before we all get drawn in blood by his kinsmen.

1 Like

Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by tuniski: 7:40am On Jan 10, 2018
jpphilips:

Oh really!! The problem is that you just left puberty so your parents just gave you access to the news who will blame you?

Read here again
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/182543-nigerian-govt-borrowing-billions-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala.html

After the almighty Iweala exhausted everything in her Academic Arsenal, she made another shocking confession that her solution to your problem is borrowing to pay salaries by 6th May 2015, 3 weeks before they were booted out, what does that tell you?
PDP has no answer to your misery, vote them again and experience misery plus kleptocracy, you will be back here crying like a retired witch, facts dont lie.

I can manage an APC borrowing for capital expenditures under the circumstance, not a pdp so clueless they couldn't figure out how to solve just one out of the myriads of economic challenges we had, ordinary salary. Thank your stars for Apc else you won't have access to the Internet by now that is if Boko haram hasn't sold you to the Libyans as a slave.[/color]

Lame.
Why will anyone in cyber space just go insulting? Certainly such a person is pseudo adult. I don't know how old you are but, your entry line doesn't portray you well.

By the way, this over used line of borrowing to pay salaries even under last admin simply shows someone shallow in financial management especially budgeting.

Fact: Nigeria economy was not in this shit as of May 29th 2015. 10.1m jobs now lost were still running, fx was still 197 to the dollar,pump price was still 87naira and inflation was single digit. The GDP was growing commensurate with our population growth at 5%+. It goes on and on. And you may come up with the crude price being high jargons!
Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by hardywaltz(m): 8:01am On Jan 10, 2018
We know who crashed the economy no need for lies

Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by nnachukz(m): 8:03am On Jan 10, 2018
tuniski:

Lame.
Why will anyone in cyber space just go insulting? Certainly such a person is pseudo adult. I don't know how old you are but, your entry line doesn't portray you well.

By the way, this over used line of borrowing to pay salaries even under last admin simply shows someone shallow in financial management especially budgeting.

Fact: Nigeria economy was not in this shit as of May 29th 2015. 10.1m jobs now lost were still running, fx was still 197 to the dollar,pump price was still 87naira and inflation was single digit. The GDP was growing commensurate with our population growth at 5%+. It goes on and on. And you may come up with the crude price being high jargons!
They know the truth, they know we are messed up already by this administration but political affiliation, religion and ethnicity will not allow them to say the obvious fact.
These same wasteful beings that populate APC now as governors then were the same yet that even went to court to have the Excess Crude Account money shared as such money can not be there while they are in need of money.
The NOI he quoted made that statement to the governors for their refusal to save.
He will pretend not to know the origin of that statement.

1 Like

Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by jpphilips(m): 8:21am On Jan 10, 2018
tuniski:

Lame.

I must have struck a chord with that entry line ouch!! Thats what you get when you discuss politics without fact check.
The economy was heading towards today's direction, you were still in puberty not to notice it, again I have proved to you with embellishments ofcourse that iweala couldn't do any better considering her antecedents at the onset of the crisis.
You don't need to feel insulted when you make dumb statements, that is the price you pay for ignorance.

You can now go back to your ignorant Buhari hatred choir!!

2 Likes

Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by tuniski: 8:44am On Jan 10, 2018
jpphilips:

I must have struck a chord with that entry line ouch!! Thats what you get when you discuss politics without fact check.
The economy was heading towards today's direction, you were still in puberty not to notice it, again I have proved to you with embellishments ofcourse that iweala couldn't do any better considering her antecedents at the onset of the crisis.
You don't need to feel insulted when you make dumb statements, that is the price you pay for ignorance.

You can now go back to your ignorant Buhari hatred choir!!
Ignorance is you! Go ahead with your drivel. You proved nothing.

We ain't heading into this poo not at all. Tough times foretold ain't same thing as hard times of recession. Nations beat recession and borrowing in itself is not wrong but, what it is put to.

A budgeting shortfall requires deficit financing. Which essentially is borrowing. What happened then was a sharp fall in oil benchmark, which necessitate borrowing.
Since buhari started making budget, the oil benchmark has always been superceded. That is to say, he has been having favorable price variance. But from day one, the govt. Has been borrowing massively with nothing to show.
Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by jpphilips(m): 8:53am On Jan 10, 2018
hardywaltz:
We know who crashed the economy no need for lies

You dont need to remind them, we have a country filled with dead brains they don't want to feel the impact of a broken economy, but they support those who ruin their economy.
They love pdp but they cant man up and buy petrol at 700 naira per liter, they dont want to buy peak milk at 500 naira, but they love pdp.
Remind those r@tards they will account for mismanagement first before reaping change.
Later you wonder why racists call them monkeys. Warn a black man "your economy will crash" he looks on his table once he sees 3 square meals, he goes about his normal buisness, once he loses his job, he will remember the condition of the economy.

Despite all the warnings someone that owns a brain still think Buhari is his problem so all the 2014 warnings was for orgasm purpose I guess.

Kachikwu wrote a letter warning us how the dsdp contract was abused by the current gmd of nnpc, what did Nigerians do? Started shouting that billions of dollars was missing from the nnpc, kachikwu himself became confused how stup!d his audience was.

The man was clearly warning them of impending fuel scarcity if only they researched what the dsdp contract means, none of those media !diots could enlighten themselves on what Kachikwu was saying.
The fuel crisis is here the usual dumbtards are shouting buhari buhari buhari!! Was Kachikwu stup!d to have warned you of this impending crisis 3 months ago?
Where is the hashtag calling for the sack of Baru for inflicting us with this fuel hardship, do I except the average Nigerian to have sense!

2 Likes

Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by Jesusloveyou: 8:53am On Jan 10, 2018
Hmm
Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by 7lives: 10:56am On Jan 10, 2018
ngeneukwuewuGOAT:
If them leave you now you go think say na intelligence responce you give so but we know you to be one of the misguided apc e-agent. God don dey punish una small small.

I am a concerned Nigerian, when people go to school and came back with empty brain, na so e dey be.
When i see Nigerians laboring under the yoke of poverty, the thing dey pain me.
The days of mana are long gone so the government and the people needs to sit up.
Only an inexperienced businessman will be caught unaware by what happened to this country, for your information this is the THIRD TIME.
When so many economies in Europe were taking a HIT Nigeria was making money, WHERE IS THAT MONEY?, so Ngozi of all people doesn't know how things work?.
Alright where is the money you made during the 16 years of PDP'S MONEY DROP ERA? YOU DON CHOP AM FINISH?
What is lacking is the FORESIGHT AND COMMITMENT, the difference between, Indians, Malasia, S/korea and Turkey is leadership.
I saw this recession coming in 2013, i relocated from my big shop to a manageable one to reduce my operational costs, i don't want to end up closing down.
Today my business is still up because i already took necessary precaution against the backlash of the impending economic doom.
The ones who could not see what i saw are back in their homes gnashing their teeth like you.
I planned and lived a moderate life and it has paid off grin grin grin thank God the economy only recessed, if the economy was depressed you wont be here posting rubbish.

1 Like

Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by jpphilips(m): 11:52am On Jan 10, 2018
tuniski:

Ignorance is you! Go ahead with your drivel. You proved nothing.

We ain't heading into this poo not at all. Tough times foretold ain't same thing as hard times of recession. Nations beat recession and borrowing in itself is not wrong but, what it is put to.

A budgeting shortfall requires deficit financing. Which essentially is borrowing. What happened then was a sharp fall in oil benchmark, which necessitate borrowing.
Since buhari started making budget, the oil benchmark has always been superceded. That is to say, he has been having favorable price variance. But from day one, the govt. Has been borrowing massively with nothing to show.

I can see you have a little sense, so I have to calm down, im sick of r@tarded irritants on the Nigerian cyber space who think Buhari is the reason they lost their @rection. Now listen!

Exceeding budgetry oil benchmark doesn't mean you don't have a budget deficit, this is because, oil finance your budget in part. using the 2016 budget as an example, that budget had a 2.13T deficit by default, while oil benchmark was placed at $38/2.2mbopd.

By the end of the year 2016, we had a $43 per barrel average with an abysmal production average of 1.6mbopd against the budgetary 2.2mbopd.

what people like you are oblivious of is that while you think there is a $5pbbl ECR somewhere, the production cut of 600k bbls per day has given you a deadlier deficit, added to the default 2.13T deficit.
If you understand this elementary fundamental then you shouldn't have a doubt why Buhari borrowed at the time.

while we both agree that borrowing is a necessary evil we can as well compare Gej's borrowing with Buhari's borrowings in the same circumstance.

Both Governments borrowed to finance the war against terror, while GEJ dashed Boko haram 21 LGAS, 18 in Borno, 3 in Adamawa states, Boko haram themselves and several foreign media with ISR capabilities have confirmed BH is not occupying any territory in Nigeria today, as a matter of fact, the once arduous BH has been reduced to ambush laying cowards scared to sh!t by Buhari's borrowed funds.

Between August 2014 and may 2015 when global crude shock struck, I cant rem Jonathan completing any project with his borrowed funds, MOF, Iweala confessed using it for salaries alone, Buhari has completed a dry dock, TCN told us he has expanded our national grid to 7kmw from the 5kmw it was since I became an adult, NRC just told us that Buhari just completed Jonathan's railway project and so many others.

finally, with just a stable 2017, fairly crude average with minimal production disruptions, Buhari has emassed over $40b in our external reserve, an account Jonathan left at $19b despite having bumper sales for 4yrs. in 1yr Buhari has trumped Jonathan's wasted 4yrs, yet ingrates like you still talk in public.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by jpphilips(m): 12:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
nnachukz:

Since you know how the reserve was used, then stop asking useless questions. Growing the external reserves at the detriment of the well being of your people is very wrong. Come to think of it, has that positively affected our exchange rate. Not at all, if you check very well, at this present exchange rate nothing has actually been saved. Because our naira has badly depreciated. So in real sense of value nothing has been saved.

Has this administration truly removed subsidy? Don't you read the news or you just want to pretend it has been removed and that is why people are buying through their nose.

Nothing is on ground to better the future my dear. Stop this joke.
We are actually in Egypt now, we went back to the 1984 recession giver. Now we must find a way to drawn this Pharaoh in the Red Sea before we all get drawn in blood by his kinsmen.

You sound like someone with flu, buzz my mention again when you get well.
The only language I understand is facts!!

2 Likes

Re: How They Distroyed Our Economy by tuniski: 2:03pm On Jan 10, 2018
jpphilips:

I can see you have a little sense, so I have to calm down, im sick of r@tarded irritants on the Nigerian cyber space who think Buhari is the reason they lost their @rection. Now listen!

Exceeding budgetry oil benchmark doesn't mean you don't have a budget deficit, this is because, oil finance your budget in part. using the 2016 budget as an example, that budget had a 2.13T deficit by default, while oil benchmark was placed at $38/2.2mbopd.

By the end of the year 2016, we had a $43 per barrel average with an abysmal production average of 1.6mbopd against the budgetary 2.2mbopd.

what people like you are oblivious of is that while you think there is a $5pbbl ECR somewhere, the production cut of 600k bbls per day has given you a deadlier deficit, added to the default 2.13T deficit.
If you understand this elementary fundamental then you shouldn't have a doubt why Buhari borrowed at the time.

while we both agree that borrowing is a necessary evil we can as well compare Gej's borrowing with Buhari's borrowing.

Both Governments borrowed to finance the war against terror, while GEJ dashed Boko haram 21 LGAS, 18 in Borno, 3 in Adamawa states, Boko haram themselves and several foreign media with ISR capabilities have confirmed BH is not occupying any territory in Nigeria today, as a matter of fact, the once arduous BH has been reduced to ambush laying cowards scared to sh!t by Buhari's borrowed funds.

Between August 2014 and may 2015 when global crude shock struck, I cant rem Jonathan completing any project with his borrowed funds, MOF, Iweala confessed using it for salaries alone, Buhari has completed a dry dock, TCN told us he has expanded our national grid to 7kmw from the 5kmw it was since I became an adult, NRC just told us that Buhari just completed Jonathan's railway project and so many others.

finally, with just a stable 2017, fairly crude average with minimal production disruptions, Buhari has emassed over $40b in our external reserve, an account Jonathan left at $19b despite having bumper sales for 4yrs. in 1yr Buhari has trumped Jonathan's wasted 4yrs, yet ingrates like you still talk in public.
Typical of buharideen!
Now that you are in agreement that oil price benchmark has been favorable to buhari's budgets, your use of volume adverse variance is self induced. A govt that came with a mind set of fighting and up turning , went too far in upsetting the peace in the Niger Delta immediately it came to power. From utterances to actions and body language, buhari created the grounds for the re-emergence of niger delta militancy. It is the the first sign of failure. It took the VP to revert back to pre-buhari admin status quo for peace to return.

The biggest lie being told is that boko haram no longer occupy any territory of nigeria and that they have been technically defeated. Well, we are in an era of compromised media. If not, why does the govt need 1bn$ to fight a defeated Boko haram?

Insecurity has multiplied in many folds with nigeria at it most divisive point ever!

Of what real economic or political gain is a 40bn$ Foreign reserve largely due to Favourable crude price and production volume, when the naira has depreciated from over 180% to almost 80% as of today?

The last admin left the reserve at 30bn$ and the naira at 197 to 1$.
Lastly, you can continue to be grateful to this disaster.

2019 is only next year!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking! Court Document Shows One Reason Why Atiku Is Running From USA. PICS / Deji Adeyanji Beaten And Disgraced In Abuja - Adaojo Victor Reacts / Bishop Oyedepo Denied US Visa..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.