Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money (55265 Views)

Man Sacked After Being Caught On CCTV Masturbating In Office's Kitchen / Nigerian Man Without Legs Works As Driver (video) / Obinna Ukwuani Returns To Nigeria After Turning Down Job Offer In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by dainformant(m): 9:40am On Jan 09, 2018
A Nigerian Medical Doctor and Public Health Enthusiast, Obinna Ebirim, has revealed how he has taken a part-time job as a kitchen assistant in the United Kingdom just to make some extra bucks. According to the former personal Assistant to Commissioner of Health in Imo state, he did this despite his qualification because he is yet to practice his profession in the UK as he's currently doing his Master's programme at the Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen, Scotland...

Below is what the University Of Port-Harcourt graduate shared on his social media page;

The picture & story they won’t share on #SocialMedia about studying in the U.K.: If you are unqualified to practice your profession here or not on scholarship like me, then you might have to take up a Part time Kitchen Assistant job intermittently, like I did today, to add some extra quid to your pocket.

The funniest part of the job today, was when the boss in the kitchen consulted me to explain why you don’t take antibiotics for common cold (although it’s not a common cold here like in Nigeria). After I moved the stuff on the viral pathology, he asked me, “boy what are you doing here” and I answered, “I’m not licensed to practice medicine in the U.K.”. #DignityOfLabour #Humble #BeingReal..

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/01/nigerian-doctor-reveals-what-he-does-to-make-extra-cash-in-the-uk.html

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by dainformant(m): 9:41am On Jan 09, 2018
cc; lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by Evablizin(f): 9:44am On Jan 09, 2018
shocked

Good for you.As long as you are happy and the money is coming in who am i to say otherwise.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:20am On Jan 09, 2018
Work na work just be dedicated you will excel.

9 Likes

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by IamPatriotic(m): 10:40am On Jan 09, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by Sirheny007(m): 11:48am On Jan 09, 2018
Whining about your situation..which is obviously better than the average Nigerian is not Justified.
Wtf??

19 Likes

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by Nltaliban(m): 11:48am On Jan 09, 2018
J

1 Like

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by jazinogold(m): 11:49am On Jan 09, 2018
cheesy

Your own still better...if I tell u weytin I do for UK eh angry

13 Likes

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by Talk2Bella(f): 11:50am On Jan 09, 2018
smiley started from the bottom now we're here grin
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by ruggedtimi(m): 11:50am On Jan 09, 2018
nice ...my year to work hard
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by mmsen: 11:50am On Jan 09, 2018
This is not thread worthy.

2 Likes

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 09, 2018
cool.... He's my brother... Proud Igbo boy

3 Likes

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by proudly9ja(m): 11:50am On Jan 09, 2018
Only temporary. Probably earns minimum wage - £7.20/hour. Once he's done with studies and able to practise, all the past will be part of his story

7 Likes

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by roqrules04(m): 11:50am On Jan 09, 2018
There is dignity in Labor
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by temptnow: 11:51am On Jan 09, 2018
Afonjas right now

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by AdolfHitlerxXx: 11:51am On Jan 09, 2018
I am happy he's not stuffing white powder into his anus like his brothers in Asia grin

14 Likes

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by sexbomb(m): 11:51am On Jan 09, 2018
Since when Lawyer turn doctor
It’s too early in 2018 for confusion

2 Likes

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by abdeiz(m): 11:52am On Jan 09, 2018
You're a doctor in the UK, what do you need extra cash for?
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by Egein(m): 11:52am On Jan 09, 2018
OP says the guy is doctor, the guy himself says he's a lawyer who did odd jobs during his LLM.
OP, why are you confused?

20 Likes

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 09, 2018
really encouraging. some broke guys here will be contemplating on taking a 30k job monthly because they sorted their way out from our failed university

2 Likes

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 09, 2018
At least he'll learn to prepare intercontinental dishes and might find passion in being a chef later...
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by Ademat7(m): 11:52am On Jan 09, 2018
our culture won't allow that here because your cleaning boss want to keep u with him for 10hrs

1 Like

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by sorry1(m): 11:52am On Jan 09, 2018
Igbos are industrious unlike other tribes grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by AishaBuhari: 11:52am On Jan 09, 2018
Abuse of profession
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:53am On Jan 09, 2018
No experience is useless

better than stealing, being quack or causing others pain.

God bless your efforts

2 Likes

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by yomalex(m): 11:53am On Jan 09, 2018
spirit
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by donogaga(m): 11:53am On Jan 09, 2018
The system is working. So no issue.

And again, the cash has value.
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 09, 2018
The post is for those who have great qualifications here and think they'll be revered and immediately get a "30 billion" paying job when they step out.

Oh gosh he's so handsome!!!
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by Partnerbiz(f): 11:54am On Jan 09, 2018
solicitor doctor
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by fpeter(f): 11:54am On Jan 09, 2018
These things work only in the western world, Naija no get room for such.
If you are doing menial jobs here, na hunger go finish you. You can't even
wait on tables or be a security guard here and be comfortable.
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by Kobicove(m): 11:54am On Jan 09, 2018
When he starts working fully as a medical doctor he'll be making money by the truckloads and will not need to do menial jobs
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by Amarabae(f): 11:59am On Jan 09, 2018
A doctor trained and educated in Europe are different from the ones we have here.
They are miles ahead due to the educational system and government supported field for practice.
Even their professionalism are top notch.
So a Nigerian medical graduate should not think that he /she will go there and fit in immediately.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Little Boy Working As A Mason At A Building Site (Photos) / Pictures Of Tonia Somaga (Lagos State Blue Line Train Driver) / Police Summon Officer Carrying Female VIP's Food In A Viral Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.