Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China - Education (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China (353233 Views)

Meet Alimi Ibrahim Adedeji, UNILAG Overall Best Graduating Student For 2018/2019 / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Saryea83: 12:16pm On Jun 09, 2018
enyi1:

please has your status changed from application submitted to selection made?
cc:
dazzling
Saryea83
dazzlingd

Status has not changed yet, but very hopeful! I think selection status is based on the admission processed of your school choice. For instance, University of Bremen admission offer was out on June 6, 2018 and if one had applied or took that as his or her first choice, that person's status supposed to change to SELECTION MADE. Admission application to my first choice elaspes on July 15, so I still have a long time for waiting for it to be changed to selection made.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Xkanta: 12:23pm On Jun 09, 2018
Saryea83:

Status has not changed yet, but very hopeful! I think selection status is based on the admission processed of your school choice. For instance, University of Bremen admission offer was out on June 6, 2018 and if one had applied or took that as his or her first choice, that person's status supposed to change to SELECTION MADE. Admission application to my first choice elaspes on July 15, so I still have a long time for waiting for it to be changed to selection made.
It has changed..... At least for all those guys that got the ptdf mail...
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Saryea83: 12:32pm On Jun 09, 2018
Attention Please!!! for DAAD Applicants: Check under[b] Option [/b] before Cosent for Medical data to view change personal data(address/German Bank data). It that means there is hope for you, and you can change your data as well if need be!
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Saryea83: 12:34pm On Jun 09, 2018
Xkanta:

It has changed..... At least for all those guys that got the ptdf mail...
hmmmm! thatz good! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Impactever(m): 1:39pm On Jun 09, 2018
bukoso:
on a lighter note, how many of us are going to the University of Southampton grin grin

yes....i am going for university of southampton....Msc Civil Engineering.....strongly believing God for a successful outcome ....

We shall all smile together at the end.

3 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by bukoso: 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2018
Impactever:

yes....i am going for university of southampton....Msc Civil Engineering.....strongly believing God for a successful outcome ....

We shall all smile together at the end.

Amen o, mine is MSc Mechatronics..

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by bilal4riid(m): 9:55pm On Jun 09, 2018
[quote author=ExxA post=68301737]I'm a PhD applicant and was a PTDF scholar, I haven't bn contacted but I'm very hopeful. I think we need to be patient, I applied to both the FGC and UK schemes.
I can tell you AUTHORITATIVELY that the marking scheme for PhD applicants posted on this forum is wrong, at least its not what was on the table while I was being interviewed. I remember that qualification (Bachelors plus Masters) was a max of 30 marks.
If you think you did well and you haven't bn contacted, remain hopeful..
Below is my profile:

Masters..Distinction
Bachelors...First Class
Awards...13
Publications..None
Work experience..7yrs
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by bilal4riid(m): 9:58pm On Jun 09, 2018
ExxA:
I'm a PhD applicant and was a PTDF scholar, I haven't bn contacted but I'm very hopeful. I think we need to be patient, I applied to both the FGC and UK schemes.
I can tell you AUTHORITATIVELY that the marking scheme for PhD applicants posted on this forum is wrong, at least its not what was on the table while I was being interviewed. I remember that qualification (Bachelors plus Masters) was a max of 30 marks.
If you think you did well and you haven't bn contacted, remain hopeful..
Below is my profile:

Masters..Distinction
Bachelors...First Class
Awards...13
Publications..None
Work experience..7yrs

Lets keep our fingers crossed and above all..PRAY!!
This is an illustarious academic performance, i wish you success, but please if I want to get award now, how can I get it.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Nobody: 3:27am On Jun 10, 2018
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Bodmillz: 6:09am On Jun 10, 2018
ExxA:

My awards are all academic:
Best student from my dept/faculty, award from NSA (undergrads), best research project, best in the dept, deans list (masters) etc.
If you were a scholar, your letter serves as an award too.

All of these are Awards but not actually what they requested for. They asked for National/International Awards.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by VIVIACHRIS(f): 8:25am On Jun 10, 2018
But they accepted it from him...like he mentioned earlier....

Next time go with everything you have achieved in this life...you never know what they would accept....

Bodmillz:

All of these are Awards but not actually what they requested for. They asked for National/International Awards.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Bodmillz: 9:51am On Jun 10, 2018
VIVIACHRIS:
But they accepted it from him...like he mentioned earlier....

Next time go with everything you have achieved in this life...you never know what they would accept....

It’s not about being accepted but about being scored for it.

One thing I also know is PTDF doesn’t shortlist in batches. If you have not been contacted for this, look forward to the U.K own.

PS: I am not trying to come at him/discourage him or anyone. Just saying the reality.

Wish everyone the best!

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by ExxA: 10:06am On Jun 10, 2018
Bodmillz:

Well, they were very well recieved. I didnt school in Nigeria, but my academic achievements have earned me presidential handshake/award, award from NSA etc (if those don't count, I dont know what will).
By the way, my post is only to encourage people who thought they did well and haven't bn contacted, lets not miss that
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Bodmillz: 10:25am On Jun 10, 2018
ExxA:

Well, they were very well recieved. I didnt school in Nigeria, but my academic achievements have earned me presidential handshake/award, award from NSA etc (if those don't count, I dont know what will).
By the way, my post is only to encourage people who thought they did well and haven't bn contacted, lets not miss that please.

Congrats on your achievements. I didn’t see any form of encouragement in your post but rather a form of swanking.

No matter where you schooled, how many presidential handshakes you have received, I believe you are a scholar and can distinguish between a National/International award and an award conferred in your school.

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 10, 2018
Ptdf no try! See as them allow us the money around for want of what to do while waiting. Anxiety don make person tire sef. Make dem do comot the yeye list make person do facefront for other things jor angry angry angry
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Ghostofspata: 1:29pm On Jun 10, 2018
faceURfront:
Ptdf no try! See as them allow us the money around for want of what to do while waiting. Anxiety don make person tire sef. Make dem do comot the yeye list make person do facefront for other things jor angry angry angry

Hahahah... Interview was jst last month u knw. All in all it has not reached 3 months. If u had applied for DPR job, u for don get heart attack by now. Its started in 2016 n up to now it had not bn concluded.

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Boldwinner(m): 2:02pm On Jun 10, 2018
Ghostofspata:

Hahahah... Interview was jst last month u knw. All in all it has not reached 3 months. If u had applied for DPR job, u for don get heart attack by now. Its started in 2016 n up to now it had not bn concluded.

I believe the DPR own you're using as example may have concluded internally within weeks and they're just wasting some candidates time. Unlike PTDF, they don't publish names and aren't under obligation to do so.

PTDF publishes names, so it's natural to be a bit anxious. No one has to wait 3 months.

By the way this is a scholarship application, not a job application. The anxiety is natural.

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by efomzy: 2:51pm On Jun 10, 2018
Please Ooooooo....This thread also has many scholars who schooled abroad so please lets face the real biz. 13 awards and distinction does not guarantee Ptdf scholarship..... You competitors are those from your state of origin. If you are from the south , your credentials should humble because there are people with similar profile and journal publications. I know a Masters student DAT got the f/g/c he had ten 10 publications so let's just chill. I repeat with all your dossiers and no publication is a question mark. Even in this free tuition schools like China before bagging your MSC you must publish at least two journals so am surprised with all tour résumé no publication

.hmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by jayned: 3:33pm On Jun 10, 2018
Bodmillz:

Congrats on your achievements. I didn’t see any form of encouragement in your post but rather a form of swanking.

No matter where you schooled, how many presidential handshakes you have received, I believe you are a scholar and can distinguish between a National/International award and an award conferred in your school.

It seems you have issues ooo. People have complained here that others don't share information and this guy graciously went out of his way to share and you see it that he is swanking.

I wish to thank the guy with the 13 awards for sharing I am sure that has humbled some of us at the same time, some of us will get to see the grace of God working in our lives.

In my own case, I have 2 awards from my place of work (best customer service award), a private organization. When I gave them at the interview, no questions were even asked they gave me my full points for those there was no debate on whether it was national or international. So don't shortchange yourselves next time. just take all and sundry.

2 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Bodmillz: 3:41pm On Jun 10, 2018
efomzy:
Please Ooooooo....This thread also has many scholars who schooled abroad so please lets face the real biz. 13 awards and distinction does not guarantee Ptdf scholarship..... You competitors are those from your state of origin. If you are from the south , your credentials should humble because there are people with similar profile and journal publications. I know a Masters student DAT got the f/g/c he had ten 10 publications so let's just chill. I repeat with all your dossiers and no publication is a question mark. Even in this free tuition schools like China before bagging your MSC you must publish at least two journals so am surprised with all tour résumé no publication

.hmmmm

Help me tell him and the other guy that was saying publication is expected only during PhD. You have to demonstrate your research potential since undergraduate level. Only if many have known this, going for postgraduate studies would have been a bit easier. That’s what those school abroad appreciates. I have seen a friend with 2:1 and with two publications got a fully funded place in Canada. That you have completed your MSc and have no publication is a red flag for advancing into PhD.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by demesh: 3:46pm On Jun 10, 2018
Please kindly answer me.

I am new to this trend but I've read most of the posts. Thanks to all of you for the posts. They are quite informative.

Please what does it imply if your status has changed to selection made on the DAAD application status?
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Bodmillz: 3:46pm On Jun 10, 2018
jayned:

It seems you have issues ooo. People have complained here that others don't share information and this guy graciously went out of his way to share and you see it that he is swanking.

I wish to thank the guy with the 13 awards for sharing I am sure that has humbled some of us at the same time, some of us will get to see the grace of God working in our lives.

In my own case, I have 2 awards from my place of work (best customer service award), a private organization. When I gave them at the interview, no questions were even asked they gave me my full points for those there was no debate on whether it was national or international. So don't shortchange yourselves next time. just take all and sundry.

They didn’t ask you any questions because they realized you don’t know what a National/International Award is. The guy is even much better because It’s even awkward you showing best customer service when you are going for an academic interview. Who that one epp?

Good luck to everyone!

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by jayned: 4:15pm On Jun 10, 2018
Bodmillz:

They didn’t ask you any questions because they realized you don’t know what a National/International Award is. The guy is even much better because It’s even awkward you showing best customer service when you are going for an academic interview. Who that one epp?

Good luck to everyone!

Mr it's even awkward, I see u know better than the panelist!

It helped me ooo. just watch this space I will be among those rejoicing when the list comes out.

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Uwemy: 4:43pm On Jun 10, 2018
Please guys let this issue slide... We all need favour from God and not argument as scholars. I pray that God's favour will locate us all on either F/G/C or UK shortlist in the coming days. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by tyakson99: 5:03pm On Jun 10, 2018
Bodmillz:

sorry, all I presented was previous scholarship award and I was scored, and I have been contacted for FGC. even during the UK interview, that was all I presented and I remember I was scored on that too. so ask again

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Alkali247: 5:08pm On Jun 10, 2018
People will definately rejoice in the end of it all.

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by distinctguy: 5:11pm On Jun 10, 2018
Bodmillz:

Then I doubt if anyone will be able to present an award for marks then if you want to be that critical in distinguishing awards
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by guiddoti: 5:26pm On Jun 10, 2018
Bodmillz:

Which national/international award do you really mean that ptdf is requesting for?
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by BlackGoldBoy: 5:27pm On Jun 10, 2018
distinctguy:

Then I doubt if anyone will be able to present an award for marks then if you want to be that critical in distinguishing awards
Ask those with awards from NYSC, before you draw that conclusion

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Bodmillz: 5:28pm On Jun 10, 2018
tyakson99:

sorry, all I presented was previous scholarship award and I was scored, and I have been contacted for FGC. even during the UK interview, that was all I presented and I remember I was scored on that too. so ask again

I’m glad you are here. Scholarship award qualifies as a National Award. E.g the MTN foundation scholarship, State Govt Scholarship, Federal Govt. Scholarship and so on.

I wish all of us the best. Patiently waiting on the U.K result!
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Bodmillz: 5:30pm On Jun 10, 2018
Uwemy:
Please guys let this issue slide... We all need favour from God and not argument as scholars. I pray that God's favour will locate us all on either F/G/C or UK shortlist in the coming days. Amen.

Amen. God’s favor is all we should pray for!
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by ExxA: 5:32pm On Jun 10, 2018
Awards, whether 100 or 5 (international, national, local, official etc) was scored a maximum of 5marks, one for each award..by this you should know how unnecessary your arguments are.

Both awards and publications had maximum of 5 each and yes i was given full marks for my awards. Again, it was just to encourage others.

That said, for the sake of those that are interested in what I have to say:

THE LIST SHOULD BE OUT ANYTIME FROM NEXT WEEK, SO WATCH OUT.

Please dont tag me, the explanations I have given so far are draining.

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (105) (Reply)

[Updated] UNIZIK 2017/2018 Admission List / Federal University Of Agriculture,Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2015/2016 Admission. / 2016/2017 Lasu Admission Process Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.