Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records (17135 Views)

BMW Trolls Mercedes On Halloween, Dresses AMG E53 Up To Look Like BMW M5 / See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia / Amazing Photos And Videos From Revs And Runway Car Drift Show In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by Automotive1(m): 4:05pm On Jan 09, 2018
[img]https:///a/img923/6011/NltWnS.jpg[/img]

[img]https:///a/img923/7254/oE7x5h.jpg[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obkLDeO58Wo

Today,BMW released a video recorded during its record breaking 8 hours M5 drifts. Its driving instructor Johan Schwartz set the original longest drift record back in 2013 in an F10 M5, circling a skidpad for the equivalent of 51.3 miles. But Toyota sent a GT86 spinning for nearly 90 miles in 2014, eventually topping its own record with the lightly-modified 86 last year.

So in December 11 2017, in an attempt to reclaim the title, Schwartz drifted an all-new, F90-generation BMW M5 sedan 232.5 miles around a skid pad at the BMW Performance Center. It took eight hours of continuous drifting to complete, which is almost difficult to comprehend. Just imagine holding a drift in a 600 hp super sedan for the length of your typical work day,

Even more, BMW also broke another world record that day for the world’s longest “Twin-Vehicle Drift” (water-assisted), with two BMW M5s drifting 49.25 miles over the course of an hour. For this, both Schwartz and BMW Performance Center Chief Driving Instructor Matt Mullins drifted new M5s around the skid pad together.

Normally,Guinness World Record rules allow drivers to stop and refuel,but BMW rightly decided that would be boring, unsporting, and not nearly dangerous enough. It also didn't want to modify the new model.

[img]https:///a/img923/3949/Qsyc8I.jpg[/img]

[img]https:///a/img924/3858/NMZa9z.jpg[/img]

[img]https:///a/img922/1189/3pwCjn.jpg[/img]

So to refuel during longest sustained drift and set the bar as high as possible, BMW used a spare M5 carrying an extra fuel cell capable of pumping 18 gallons in 50 seconds, a specially-designed hose attachment, and a daring stuntman to lean out the car's back window and physically connect it to the world record attempt car mid-drift.

The car-to-car refueling had to be done 5 separate times throughout the course of the 8-hour, 232.5-mile drift.

Source https://autojosh.com/watch-bmws-car-car-refueling-m5-8-hrs-drift-setting-2-new-guinness-world-records/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44

7 Likes

Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by nwaanambra1(m): 4:46pm On Jan 09, 2018
so bmw cant drive 8 hours on full tank!

whn common Peugeot 407 can drive almost 9 hours non-stop on full thank!

shame on BMW! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by laivwire(m): 6:10pm On Jan 09, 2018
Extrreeeeeeeme. cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by kingreign(m): 10:17pm On Jan 09, 2018
nwaanambra1:

shame on BMW! cheesy

You dare compare a 4 cylinder kpangolo weighing just circa 1.5ton with a v8 twin turbo behemot weighing close to 1.9 ton tuned for high performance? angry[i][/i]

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by Aldebaran(m): 12:24am On Jan 10, 2018
nwaanambra1:

shame on BMW! cheesy

Hmm, comparing ordinary driving to drifting...

So you don't know there is extra high fuel consumption in car drifting.

25 Likes

Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by maturemindsonly(m): 4:12am On Jan 10, 2018
kingreign:

You dare compare a 4 cylinder kpangolo weighing just circa 1.5ton with a v8 twin turbo behemot weighing close to 1.9 ton tuned for high performance? angry[i][/i]

lol kpangolo

abes:
I don't think it's humanly possible to drift round a circle in one hour, that's going round for at least 240 times in an hour assuming the driver takes 15 seconds to complete one cycle. Now for 8 hours, that'll be 1920 times.... Is the driver a robot? Is this even real?

You think Guinness 'll give them award without proof or monitoring?? and some peeps just love to drive sha!!!

11 Likes

Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by overhypedsteve(m): 7:19am On Jan 10, 2018
When you are busy, occupied at work or busy reading for your final exams, stay calm we will handle your undergraduate research project, your Msc project, your PGD project and your PhD thesis. We will work with you through to the end to ensure that you end up with a
Plagiarism free, customs written and standard research project paper. This is what we do at https://RunMyResearch.com visit us there or call
+2348100661236
To place a direct order for a research visit
https://runmyresearch.com/hire-a-researcher/

Get a pro to write your final year project research. Plagiarism free
Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by dayleke: 7:20am On Jan 10, 2018
A car is a car is a car

3 Likes

Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by dwilliams: 7:20am On Jan 10, 2018
Fgh
Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by fajob: 7:21am On Jan 10, 2018
Nigeria wake up.

1 Like

Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by ipledge10(m): 7:23am On Jan 10, 2018
dayleke:
A car is a car is a car
This is Blasphemy. Be careful

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by taurusdude0(m): 7:24am On Jan 10, 2018
Good for them I still love my regular benz 200 grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by Donald3d(m): 7:25am On Jan 10, 2018
grin grin
I would love to see a Tesla do this
Anyway
NewYear awooof ooooo to boost your business !
Get a Website,plus free hosting,plus free domain ,plus
freeee 100 copies of business card all for you at just
30k kpere !!
Check out a site i built recently
www.hubertagro.com
Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by sinaj(f): 7:26am On Jan 10, 2018
Quite risky.
Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by DLuciano: 7:28am On Jan 10, 2018
nwaanambra1:

shame on BMW! cheesy
I don't think you are comprehensive in reading, no wonder you commented off point

5 Likes

Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:28am On Jan 10, 2018
The tyres, though.

1 Like

Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:29am On Jan 10, 2018
nwaanambra1:

shame on BMW! cheesy

Wow.

You just "did" yourself.

Na only fuel consumption be car, abi?

2 Likes

Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by shortgun(m): 7:31am On Jan 10, 2018
sinaj:
Quite risky.

....and dangerous

1 Like

Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by mach98(m): 7:33am On Jan 10, 2018
Innoson will soon attempt theirs grin

3 Likes

Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by abes(m): 7:34am On Jan 10, 2018
I don't think it's humanly possible to drift round a circle in one hour, that's going round for at least 240 times in an hour assuming the driver takes 15 seconds to complete one cycle. Now for 8 hours, that'll be 1920 times.... Is the driver a robot? Is this even real?

1 Like

Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by sinaj(f): 7:36am On Jan 10, 2018
shortgun:

....and dangerous
That guy would have burnt if anything had gone wrong.

1 Like

Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:39am On Jan 10, 2018
Akant believe this

Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:42am On Jan 10, 2018
knight998:

The god of thunder and lightening is. coming for you, keep scamming ppl
Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by kings09(m): 7:43am On Jan 10, 2018
nwaanambra1:

shame on BMW! cheesy
Chai, so u dont knw d diff btw drifting n driving....

2 Likes

Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by eghuan1(m): 7:48am On Jan 10, 2018
abes:

What are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:49am On Jan 10, 2018
Nice but dangerous.
*Need For Speed style grin
Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by lonelydora: 7:59am On Jan 10, 2018
nwaanambra1:

shame on BMW! cheesy

i take this as sarcasm.

2 Likes

Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by godofuck231: 8:01am On Jan 10, 2018
kingreign:

I think you have been cheating on you wife, the only men who know such details about bmws are men who fu+k this car, she sleek expensive and her performance always gives me a hard on, damn you, you fellow cheat! I love my bmw

5 Likes

Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by Futureberry: 8:02am On Jan 10, 2018
Donald3d:
grin grin
I would love to see a Tesla do this
Anyway
NewYear awooof ooooo to boost your business !
Get a Website,plus free hosting,plus free domain ,plus
freeee 100 copies of business card all for you at just
30k kpere !!
Check out a site i built recently
www.hubertagro.com

there is wireless charging, it not impossible for Tesla,Tesla goal is to accelerate the world transmission vyo renewable energy, not to try and convince people that diesel is sexy or the Bleep.ing piss f shi.t BMW tried doing so
Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by TheGreatIYANU: 8:02am On Jan 10, 2018
I'm simply in tears!!!

God where were we Africans when you were distributing BRAINS?

Is it fair that a part of the World is so Advanced, breaking grounds on all sides, pushing back the frontiers of Science and Knowledge while another part cannot provide 24 Hours Light for its People

IS IT FAIR LORD!!!

3 Likes

Re: Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records by Donald3d(m): 8:12am On Jan 10, 2018
Futureberry:
there is wireless charging, it not impossible for Tesla,Tesla goal is to accelerate the world transmission vyo renewable energy, not to try and convince people that diesel is sexy or the Bleep.ing piss f shi.t BMW tried doing so
I was actually refering to the drift record , not the refueling while drifting record, Tesla's are electric na

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station / Does The Police Force Has The Jurisdiction To Ask For Driver's License? / Viecar VC 309 Scanner: Code Display and Interpretation !!! (10k, All Cars )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.