Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,728 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:26 AM

Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President (35165 Views)

Ijaw Women Of America Elect New Executives With Deborah Abbey As President And / Oba Of Ewuare Of Benin Visits Edo Indigenes In Rivers State / Oba Taofeek Fatusi Obawole Installs Young Man As Chief In Texas, USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by MightySparrow: 2:13pm On Jan 10, 2018
koning:

Yes, they can. If you can find or present a with Yoruba lineage that was born and bred in Enugu for example, lived most of his life there and speaks Igbo fluently.

Yes, igbos can make him president of an Igbo association.

Who wants to learn dubious a horded language used as a medium of cheating on market places?

Igbo their Igbo.
Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by ConcernedNL: 2:15pm On Jan 10, 2018
Im just looking for their twitter or facebook, cant seem to find it.
Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by koning: 2:18pm On Jan 10, 2018
Arysexy:
They have no option. The last paragraph struck me, lost all in Jos after war and started afresh in ijesa. That's d Igbo man story.

When u see them working hard, d above is d propelling force. The man started afresh and still became successful in ijesa, God in my next world make me a hardcore igboist

That is the Igbo spirit. Wish all other Nigerian tribes would cultivate that. Igbo Amaka !!

5 Likes

Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 10, 2018
MightySparrow:

Who wants to learn dubious a horded language used as a medium of cheating on market places?

Igbo their Igbo.
When I was in abia state, I met a lady called bumi

She grew up in aba. She has hardly been to Yoruba land. she was brought up by her grandmother who is an igbo woman. Her father who is a yoruba man kick the bucket when she was still a baby.

However, I was shocked to hear people still label her "Yoruba lady" because of her name. She can't even speak the language.

This country is in serious problem

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by YonkijiSappo: 2:22pm On Jan 10, 2018
koning:

Born and raised in Ilesa, Osun State, Paulicap’s parents, Chief Okeke Chumba and Mrs. Janet Okeke-Chumba, are both from Ndeaboh, a community in Aninri Local Government Area of Enugu State. Okeke and his siblings attended elementary and secondary schools in Ilesa.

Here is why. It's not like they picked any odd igboman to make president. Igbo men born and raised in England are in the house of commons. One may even become PM one day.

Nigeria has to do away with "indigene clause". Place of birth and residence should be the key element. This way we can fight tribalism.

Oh but if you ask those same Igbo parents to give their children the local names of the communitiea where they bear those kids, whill they agree?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by Lionhearted: 2:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
oduneja:

Which of the secondary schools did you attended in Ilesha and what year?

If I should mention the school and year my anonymity here will be blown.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by Chyxki: 2:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
Let God help us in this country... Good example to us here at home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by Qc1(m): 2:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
Dollyak:
What's the reasoning behind this? An igbo man can never be as passionate about Yoruba's affairs like a Yoruba would. This is more like a PR exercise.

Because Canada is very diverse when it comes to ethnicity, matter of fact, the most in the world!

The mayor of my city is a minority Muslim.

1 Like

Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by linearity: 2:30pm On Jan 10, 2018
Dollyak:
What's the reasoning behind this? An igbo man can never be as passionate about Yoruba's affairs like a Yoruba would. This is more like a PR exercise.

He was born and raised in Ijesa, Osun State...what made you think, he can’t be passionate about the place he called home and was raised in?

1 Like

Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by koning: 2:31pm On Jan 10, 2018
greiboy:
When I was in abia state, I met a lady called bumi

She grew up in aba. She has hardly been to Yoruba land. she was brought up by her grandmother who is an igbo woman. Her father who is a yoruba man kick the bucket when she was still a baby.

However, I was shocked to hear people still label her "Yoruba lady" because of her name. She can't even speak the language.

This country is in serious problem

That is why we have to do away with the archaic paternal indigene clause in our constitution. The lady is clearly an Igbo woman. Just because her birth father is Yoruba and she bears Bumi is not enough to make her a Yoruba woman officially.

She does not even speak Yoruba.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by ogeodi(f): 2:34pm On Jan 10, 2018
YonkijiSappo:

Oh but if you ask those same Igbo parents to give their children the local names of the communitiea where they bear those kids, whill they agree?
Yes, they will. I was born and brought up in ilesha by igbo parents but I was named oluwashina likewise my siblings and that is the name we are called there anytime we travel back home.

2 Likes

Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by castrokins(m): 2:34pm On Jan 10, 2018
These Ones Are No LLonger Nigerians
Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by HallaDaTruth: 2:34pm On Jan 10, 2018

Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 10, 2018
smiley
Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by Boriqua(m): 2:38pm On Jan 10, 2018
DukeNija:

Ridiculous comment. They chose someone they believe will make them stronger and better as a people. When you leave Nigeria, you will realize that your only option is to stand as one cos it’s you against them. And who better to make you stronger than someone who has the experience, knowledge and grit? Tribalism begins and ends in the shores of 9ja.
my dear your comment is inspiring and at same time encouraging, we can achieve alot as same people from Nigeria outside there, if you have never travelled outside Nigeria you will not understand.
Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by deji17: 2:39pm On Jan 10, 2018
GGirll:
Hope they won't use n dump him after he leads them to glory cos thats what they are good at...chameleons

How many Igbo group has any Igbo man led to glory? Your grandiosity is of the worst type.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by ogeodi(f): 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2018
bmaks:
Hello ooooo Mr Ogbeni ko mi so iranu,

ka ri o beee, Ijesha ni mere, je n ya o ni gbolohun kekere beeni.

AS LONG AS YOU ARE BORN AND BROUGHT UP IN ILESHA AND YOU ARE WELL GROUNDED THERE, WE DONT DISCRIMINATE.
THE ONLY THING IS THAT, EVERYBODY SABI HIM PLACE AND ALL ANCESTRAL TRADITIONAL STOOLS AND OFFICES CAN NEVER, I MEAN NEVER BE TOILED WITH NO MATTER HOW RICH YOU ARE.

AS for social gatherings and functions we see all ijesha-born as one!!!

ihinpele ni beeni o

2 Likes

Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by nobaga: 2:44pm On Jan 10, 2018
Normally, this is good new and wish it can happen with all Nigerians.

Unfortunately, it only happens among group of people from the West. It started in Lagos electing Zik to represent them in Ibadan.

Recently, Bode George defied Yoruba in Lagos allowing Igbo to present Igbo candidate in an area still owned by Ojora Family.

In each of these cases, it has never been reciprocated in the East or North. It has led to more demands in Yoruba land, not in the East.

If anything, Igbo are still bitter that Zik did not become Premier in the West, that they were blocked at Ore and that they could not get council post in Lagos. When they did, they flaunt it in Yoruba face.

Igbo has never supported Yoruba interest in the history of Nigeria. Even when Yoruba voted against Obasanjo, they voted with the North choice as usual.

Many schools in the West appointed non Yoruba prefects including Igbo. When has that become a big deal in Ilesha?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by mercyville: 2:47pm On Jan 10, 2018
SicilianMafia:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hahahahaha

Mynd44 , lalasticlala come and see something cheesy

Yoruba's av elected a Leader!! grin grin to lead them into development

Some People cannot stand without other Nigerians sha its very obvious cheesy cheesy

No wonder they always shout one Nijiria hahaha

Are you talking about the development Yorubas have had even when some people were covering their scrotums with their bare hands?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by FRANKOSKI(m): 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2018
HE THAT TROUBLE HIS OWN HOUSE SHALL PERISH. LET BROTHERLY LOVE CONTINUE.
Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2018
northvietnam:
IPod and a pig as their leader....

Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
This is one of the bigotry giving others unnecessary and baseless problems. Afonja's zombie.

1 Like

Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by LZAA: 2:50pm On Jan 10, 2018
Theydontcare:

Source:. http://sunnewsonline.com/unbelievable/
Afonjas are really trying hard grin ds one just remind me of joe yorubakwe lemme break down real quick igbo peeps dont play politics at all at all QED

1 Like

Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by afopower(m): 2:51pm On Jan 10, 2018
DearPeople:
Dear People,

It would make a whole lot of sense if we shove tribalism aside and stay true to who we are angry
I see it coming (in 9ja my home).
Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by AworiLagosian: 2:53pm On Jan 10, 2018
scholes0:
Yoruba eye service too much lol- the desire to look nice and accommodating before others is their ultimate archilles heel as an ethnic group.

Elect an Ijebu man who grew up in ilesha to head that same Ijesha post now, and see the whole building go up in flames... lol

Haha typical Igbos, it is only when they are in a favorable position that they will remember how Nigeria is sweet and how “Tribalism is bad”

Every other day, 98% of them are really half biafrans at heart with no real patriotic allegience to the Nigerian state nor what it stands for.
This was the same scenario that was playing out under the Jonathan presidency that favored Igbos when all of them kept MUTE but have all suddenly become overnight Biafrans under a northern presidency.

These are also the same people currently championing the course of a group called “ NON YORUBA Indigenes of the South-WEST” an organization whose ultimate goal is to challenge the indiginous rights of Yoruba people in their own ancestral region. Yet they come here to preach peace after holding all their “abele” anti yoruba meetings.
Hypocrites!

Laughing in higher powers .. I pity the generality of Yoruba people.

Gbam!
Nothing more to add

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by northvietnam(m): 2:55pm On Jan 10, 2018
Jolar101:

This is one of the bigotry giving others unnecessary and baseless problems. Afonja's zombie.

So ị ghọtaghị the Sarcasm abi.... jesi-Ike Ooooo
Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by Iamzik: 3:00pm On Jan 10, 2018
vingeophysicist:
Those Yoruba are exposed because they have seen the shores of other countries.The ones in Nigeria especially Lagos state are born ethnic bigots.

An igbo man is a commissioner in Lagos. There are several igbo local govt chairmen in Lagos.

How many non indigenes are leaders in your own state? Before you criticize someone who is making effort, why not ask yourself why no eastern state can be that accommodating?

Let's see you elect a Yoruba Governor in IMO state if you are as "exposed" as you want us to believe.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 10, 2018
SicilianMafia:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hahahahaha

Mynd44 , lalasticlala come and see something cheesy

Yoruba's av elected a Leader!! grin grin to lead them into development

Some People cannot stand without other Nigerians sha its very obvious cheesy cheesy

No wonder they always shout one Nijiria hahaha
Guy you problem is more spiritual than physical.
Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 10, 2018
Mumu people.
Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 10, 2018
There are two people, not one, not three, but just two people who have the key to Nigeria's success and Prosperity. The two men are called Igbo man and a Yoruba man.

When the Igbos and the Yorubas unite, not if, but when, because it will happen. When the Igbo man and a Yoruba see themselves as a people, one people from common Ancestry, then their common enemy will reveal himself.

Their common enemy does not want to see these two brothers unite, because when they unite, the chop chop is over.

The Igbo man and the Yoruba man must unite or be consumed by their common enemy.

I have lived among these wonderful tribes, the Igbos and the Yorubas and I can say that no one holy pass, we must begin to love each other not inspite of our motherfuccking differences, but because of these differences.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by GenOrumov: 3:32pm On Jan 10, 2018
Dollyak:
That guy is a Yoruba man in spirit but in an Igbo body. Did you read that he was born and raised in ilesa and not anywhere else before be travelled out.

As an ijesha man myself, I don't mind his leadership provided he dutifully carries out his task towards the upliftment of ijesha people.

2 Likes

Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by goestohell: 3:36pm On Jan 10, 2018
According to what I have heard about this guy, he was born in Ijesa land.

If you know anything about Ijesas in Youruba land, their dialect of Yoruba is very original and difficult for even fellow yorubas to understand.

I've been told that this guy speaks the Ijesa dialect of Yoruba flawlessly. In fact, unless he tells you, you would never know that he's an Igbo man.

1 Like

Re: Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President by InfiniteLoopx: 3:37pm On Jan 10, 2018
scholes0:
Yoruba eye service too much lol- the desire to look nice and accommodating before others is their ultimate archilles heel as an ethnic group.

Elect an Ijebu man who grew up in ilesha to head that same Ijesha post now, and see the whole building go up in flames... lol

Haha typical Igbos, it is only when they are in a favorable position that they will remember how Nigeria is sweet and how “Tribalism is bad”

Every other day, 98% of them are really half biafrans at heart with no real patriotic allegience to the Nigerian state nor what it stands for.
This was the same scenario that was playing out under the Jonathan presidency that favored Igbos when all of them kept MUTE but have all suddenly become overnight Biafrans under a northern presidency.

These are also the same people currently championing the course of a group called “ NON YORUBA Indigenes of the South-WEST” an organization whose ultimate goal is to challenge the indiginous rights of Yoruba people in their own ancestral region. Yet they come here to preach peace after holding all their “abele” anti yoruba meetings.
Hypocrites!

Laughing in higher powers .. I pity the generality of Yoruba people.
You are a tribalist. You need elp smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Is 'Nigger' Offensive? / Igbo Day Celebration In Berlin, Germany (photos, Video) / "Amebo" In Nigeria Parlance: Its Origin And Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.