Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,670 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) (5223 Views)

If Your Class Is Full Of Pretty Girls,just Know You're Studying A Useless Course / At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor / Folafoluwa Oginni Graduates From Heterfordshire University With 5.0 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by Wizklynd23(m): 12:59pm On Jan 10, 2018
4.51 (l100) thank u God 4 This cool with little or without much effort I got this, I believed if I can read like the way all those guys doing(reading as if there life depends on book only) , I Will Greatly improve this year(l200)..... Pls all students here nobody should tell u, u can't make first class, I just realised making first class is the easiest thing ones u have the right mindset and appropriate discipline... last year, I did not read much,, facebooking thru out, going to town anyhow, watching movies etc but still yet I got 4.51.... Automatically if I Can stop or minimize all these distractions its insunuate I can make it more and bigger than that.... Read hard + have the right mindset + appropriate discipline+ pray too,, nothing will stop u from making it... This Year, Will Be a great one, since I have discovered my weak points... My Name Is Daniel, Studying Telecommunication Engineering In BUK, student with the reg. no:ENG/16/TEL/00110...

2 Likes

Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by unapapadeycraze: 2:31pm On Jan 10, 2018
This op is a stupid boy.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by deewhydoski(m): 3:31pm On Jan 10, 2018
Wizklynd23:
4.51 (l100) thank u God 4 This cool with little or without much effort I got this, I believed if I can read like the way all those guys doing(reading as if there life depends on book only) , I Will Greatly improve this year(l200)..... Pls all students here nobody should tell u, u can't make first class, I just realised making first class is the easiest thing ones u have the right mindset and appropriate discipline... last year, I did not read much,, facebooking thru out, going to town anyhow, watching movies etc but still yet I got 4.51.... Automatically if I Can stop or minimize all these distractions its insunuate I can make it more and bigger than that.... Read hard + have the right mindset + appropriate discipline+ pray too,, nothing will stop u from making it... This Year, Will Be a great one, since I have discovered my weak points... My Name Is Daniel, Studying Telecommunication Engineering In BUK, student with the reg. no:ENG/TEL/00110...
Having 4.51 GPA at 100L doesn't guarantee that u re going to graduate with first class?...The higher u go the harder it become.....Most Engineering 100L work are pure science (Phy, chm, math, sta) and most of them have been taught in secondary school. when u get to 200l and 300l u will know watsup.

17 Likes

Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by EmmySparky(m): 3:54pm On Jan 10, 2018
unapapadeycraze:
This op is a stupid boy.
very stupid boy my brother...am amazed at the way he displays it

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by ElRapido: 4:22pm On Jan 10, 2018
Op is a blinkard

1 Like

Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by ednut1(m): 4:25pm On Jan 10, 2018
i had 4.50 in my 100l , ended up with 4.1 angry. graduate first before u come brag

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by dozieinspired: 5:17pm On Jan 10, 2018
Op pride goes before fall... I really pity you better start preparing for fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, statics etc

9 Likes

Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by Gerrard59(m): 5:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
It is actually easy to make a first in your first year and last year. Question is: Can you sustain the FC till your final year? The years between your first and final years can make or mar your CGPA.

However, one thoughtful way of maintaining your first is by getting a scholarship(s). When you know that you'll lose say 150K if you fall below a threshold, nobody go tell you to focus.

That said:

http://www.jarushub.com/students-10-mistakes-that-can-cost-you-first-class-degree/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 10, 2018
How did you get that when you don't know the difference between "their" and "there"?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by McSterling(m): 6:02pm On Jan 10, 2018
Patience, op. Time will tell.
Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
Don't get too excited or comfortable, you are still in 100L, you still have a long way to go and there is a probability that your G P will reduce to 3.9.

Most of my mates that started with high GP couldn't retain it, then those that started with low GP are now high cheesy.

2 Likes

Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
Gerrard59:
It is actually easy to make a first in your first year and last year. Question is: Can you sustain the FC till your final year? The years between your first and final years can make or mar your CGPA.

However, one thoughtful way of maintaining your first is by getting a scholarship(s). When you know that you'll lose say 150K if you fall below a threshold, nobody go tell you to focus.

That said:

http://www.jarushub.com/students-10-mistakes-that-can-cost-you-first-class-degree/
Exactly.
Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by YemziAdez(m): 6:34pm On Jan 10, 2018
Seeing folks with high CGPA in their first years is not uncommon. However, the big question is can you maintain it?

Using myself as an example, in my first year as a student in the University of Benin, my overall CGPA was 4.77. After my first year, we were exposed to advanced stuffs in year two and these had significant impact on my CGPA as I ended up with a CGPA of 4.56.

A lot of my friends also had their CGPA reducing significantly.

The good thing about starting strong is that it encourages and motivates you to work harder in subsequent year.

If I must advice you Op, please do not be swayed by the fact that you got a first class in your first year, let it motivate you to do better.

For your information, be aware of the XX chromosomes from time to time, as they will hover around you. A couple of my friends that started well ended up with a second class (which is not bad) due to the these lovely creatures (although, some still graduated with a first class too, just know yourself, and what works for you).

Lest I forget, I eventually graduated with a 1.1 after my expected stay at the University of Benin.

I wish you and others aspiring for a first class (=1.1) success.

Cheers!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by Bulletproof: 6:36pm On Jan 10, 2018
Why Una dey bash the guy na...... He just made a discovery!!!!!
#Bitter sets of people#
Kudos to you young boy.
I hope you push harder and come out with your desired expectation....
You have seen it requires hardwork and consistency as you go upward.... Don't relent.... You will get there!
Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by peterd53(m): 6:42pm On Jan 10, 2018
I guess this is impersonation. i don't think the person with that matric number is the op. This could just be someone trying to expose his/her course mate due to hatred.
Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 10, 2018
YemziAdez:
Seeing folks with high CGPA in their first years is not uncommon. However, the big question is can you maintain it?

Using myself as an example, in my first year as a student in the University of Benin, my overall CGPA was 4.77. After my first year, we were exposed to advanced stuffs in year two and these had significant impact on my CGPA as I ended up with a CGPA of 4.56.

The good thing about starting strong is that it encourages and motivates you to work harder in subsequent year.

If I must advice you Op, please do not be swayed by the fact that you got a first class in your first year, let it motivate you to do better.

For your information, be aware of the XX chromosomes from time to time, as they will hover around you. A couple of my friends that started well ended up with a second class (which is not bad) due to the these lovely creatures (although, some still graduated with a first class too, just know yourself, and what works for you).

Lest I forget, I eventually graduated with a 1.1 after my expected stay at the University of Benin.

Cheers!
so how far. Are you working yet?
Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by Wizklynd23(m): 7:12pm On Jan 10, 2018
Thank you all for your contributions cool cool
Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by YemziAdez(m): 7:12pm On Jan 10, 2018
CHESTER48:
so how far. Are you working yet?

I'm currently doing my compulsory national service (=NYSC).

For your information, being a first class graduate does not make the whole world bow to your feet. In fact, it indirectly puts more pressure on you.

People generally assume that you should have things go very easy for you, and that you don't have to struggle.

Prior to the onset of my National service, I was (and I'm still) a member of several research teams in my alma mater. In addition, I've volunteered in several research projects in several states in Nigeria.

This alone does not mean I know everything, I still read a lot (at the moment) and I'm also looking forward to improving myself in several ways as often as possible.

As regards to where I'll work following the end of my National service, I believe God knows what the future holds for everyone.

I always follow this statement from the movie "Three Idiots", and I quote "follow excellence, and success will chase you pants down!".

Cheers!

9 Likes

Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 10, 2018
Just looking at OP and smiling here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 10, 2018
I had 4.00/4.00 in my year one. Na mtn to mtn flashing remain for there now.
Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by Firebomb: 8:44pm On Jan 10, 2018
Relax Daniel. Time will tell. Don't go around blowing your trumpet just yet. Because you finished 100L with 4.51 doesn't guarantee your chances of ending with it. I advise that you work hard and stay resolute if you want to achieve a First. In your second year, the academic burden will intensify. Then, if you get distracted by too many extracurricular activities, you may lose focus. Just be relentless when your grades start tumbling, because it certainly won't be rosy all the time.

I graduated with a First (4.64/5.0). I started my first year in OAU not knowing what to expect or having any expectations at all, but my results were 4.8/5.0 (just 2 marks in a certain course to get an A) for my first semester and 5.0/5.0 for the second. This brought me to 4.9/5.0. By my second year, a stray 'C' found its way in. B's came flowing. By my third year, the B's were my companion. However, I approached my fourth and final year with a mindset of all or nothing. Eventually, I finished with a 4.64.

You can do it if you put your mind to it. But know what you want. The pressure is much and there is constant hard work involved. Sleepless nights and extra efforts must be put in. In the end, just ensure you stand out of the crowd. There are many people with Firsts out there, but you need to show that you have substance. Even if you finish with a 2.1; let it be of upper level, as some of these things count.

N/B: And yes I got a series of internships, jobs, YALI and even a full scholarship in a highly prestigious university with my grade grin *before someone asks*

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by MTAIYEM: 9:41pm On Jan 10, 2018
dozieinspired:
Op pride goes before fall... I really pity you better start preparing for fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, statics etc

he has not jammed rock yet, still on a smooth ride.

1 Like

Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by MTAIYEM: 9:44pm On Jan 10, 2018
Firebomb:
Relax Daniel. Time will tell. Don't go around blowing your trumpet just yet. Because you finished 100L with 4.51 doesn't guarantee your chances of ending with it. I advise that you work hard and stay resolute if you want to achieve a First. In your second year, the academic burden will intensify. Then, if you get distracted by too many extracurricular activities, you may lose focus.

I graduated with a First (4.64/5.0). I started my first year not knowing or having any expectations, but my results were 4.8/5.0 (just 2 marks in a certain course to get an A) for my first semester and 5.0/5.0 for the second. This brought me to 4.9/5.0. By my second year, a stray 'C' found its way in. B's came flowing. By my third year, the B's were my companion. However, I approached my fourth and final year with a mindset of all or nothing. Eventually, I finished with a 4.64.

You can do it if you put your mind to it. But know what you want. The pressure is much and there is constant hard work involved. Sleepless nights and extra efforts must be put in. In the end, just ensure you stand out of the crowd. There are many people with Firsts out there, but you need to show that you have substance. Even if you finish with a 2.1; let it be of upper level, as some of these things count.

N/B: And yes I got a series of internships, jobs, YALI and even a full scholarship in a highly prestigious university with my grade grin *before someone asks*

thanks for this, Sir!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by MTAIYEM: 9:51pm On Jan 10, 2018
Wizklynd23:
Thank you all for your contributions cool cool

It's good you poured out you mind and joy, it has brought criticism, advice and encouragement. I also benefited from the comments commented.

Take as many valuable advice given above to maintain and stand strong academically.

God bless and help Us all!

1 Like

Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by ip2121918021(m): 10:02pm On Jan 10, 2018
Yet you still don’t know how to use paragraphs.

The way YemziAdez wrote is how someone with a first class should write.
This OP doesn’t know the difference between once and ones, their and there. Smh
shocked
Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by sunnx(f): 10:51pm On Jan 10, 2018
He made 4.51 in GS 101 courses and some Introductory courses he is shouting like zombie, don't worry when you move further you will hear "wiin’’

1 Like

Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by EternalTruth: 10:54pm On Jan 10, 2018
YemziAdez:

Cheers!
Great UNIBEN.
I'm a fresher though.
5.00 on my mind. May God help me though
Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by Uyi168: 11:26pm On Jan 10, 2018
olihilistic:
I had 4.00/4.00 in my year one. Na mtn to mtn flashing remain for there now.
,Ur g.p dy crawl ni?
Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by mioadufe(m): 11:30pm On Jan 10, 2018
I need someone to gather the elders of the village around, we the village people need to conclude this boy's case before he comes back here to talk another rubbish...

thanks
signed
Sec ti Village people
Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by YemziAdez(m): 11:32pm On Jan 10, 2018
EternalTruth:
Great UNIBEN.
I'm a fresher though.
5.00 on my mind. May God help me though

Great!

Having 5.0 CGPA is not impossible.

A great deal of flexibility, fluidity, dedication, discipline and prayer is/are required.

In my opinion, I think UNIBEN is one of the easiest Schools to get a First class.

Success in your studies Dear.

Cheers!
Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by YemziAdez(m): 11:39pm On Jan 10, 2018
sunnx:
He made 4.51 in GS 101 courses and some Introductory courses he is shouting like zombie, don't worry when you move further you will hear "wiin’’

Lol.

He can still get a First class in his subsequent years/level.

It's actually dependent on him. If he can understand and assimilate basic science courses viz. Chemistry et al., I believe he can replicate it in advance courses including the dreaded thermodynamics, drawing, E.t.c

He should fasten his seat belt and brace for impact.
Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by GoggleB(m): 11:50pm On Jan 10, 2018
What mass of propanoic acid would be dissolved in mixture of 60g of water and 55g of propanol if the mole fraction of propanoic acid is 0.054

Solve dis if u are awake.. Thanks

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ground Shots Of Federal University Of Technology Owerri / How To Recover Your 2015 Jamb Pin, Number And Reg Number / ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.