Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze (22726 Views)

Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches / Bishop Chukwuma: I Didn’t Dare Government Over Closure Of Churches In Enugu / Daddy Freeze: Prosperity Doctrine Is Fraudulent & Satanic From The Pits Of Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by Meti99(m): 7:46am On Jan 11, 2018
I am discouraged by all the baby answers given on the front page.
It is certain freeze is an ignorant fool who only wants recognition and relevancy by all means..

The question I will ask freeze is "what is doctrine?"
No church, I repeat no church whether Catholic, Protestant, Pentecostal, is different in doctrine..
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 11, 2018
Leonbonapart:
Because you are a foolish anti-christ that can only deceive baby Christians.

If this one doesn't tells you that this man is anti-christ, then you are not a Christian
there are different versions of bible, king James et al
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by Ignatio(m): 8:22am On Jan 11, 2018
Leonbonapart:

If this one doesn't tells you that this man is anti-christ, then you are not a Christian

AntiChrist because he preaches against tithing.
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by monex(m): 9:25am On Jan 11, 2018
Ayodejioak:

Because the holy spirit can minister and interprete to us with different explanations but same meaning. kiss

freeze is talking about differences in doctrine (meaning).

There can be only one truth and the Holy Spirit cannot provide two different meanings
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by jeff1607(m): 9:33am On Jan 11, 2018
don't we ve ONE HOLYSPIRIT and ONE GOD?

Then how come both minister different versions of a particular book to the pastors, since the bible was inspired by the same HOLYSPIRIT
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by Koolking(m): 9:34am On Jan 11, 2018
Hotshawarma:
christianity is a religion....people practicing the religion have their own perception or mindset about the religion and the bible....stick to what you believe in and let GOD be the final judge whether you are right or wrong

You are wrong, boss

Anything contrary to what God commands Christians to do and act, is unacceptable to God.

Romans 12:1-2

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by oglalasioux(m): 9:57am On Jan 11, 2018
Iamzik:

That's your opinion and it's not necessarily the fact.
Even science is not absolute.

Everyone is on a journey to discovery. Learn to discover your own truth and stop castigating what other people believe in.

That you think a book is not Holy in your little bubble doesn't make it so for those who believe in it.

The bolded is the beauty of science. It is open to falsification unlike the 'holy' books you can't question. Secondly, I have taken time to discover my own 'truth'. I therefore have the right to castigate entities that teach people like Shekau to bomb innocent people. Any book that encourages mass murder, like the bible and Koran, can be anything but holy.
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by s4short: 10:05am On Jan 11, 2018
ReinaFarine:

Eating Unclean and Unholy Meat

I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

For neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.

Paul and James and contradictory believes on the gospel to the gentiles concerning circumcision, eating food with unwashed hands, and other mosaic law found in Leviticus...
Paul upholded grace, Peter upholder the law.
One God!

You have just misquoted and misinterpreted the Bible, the place you quoted Paul has nothing to do with clean and unclean food but talks about meat sacrificed to idols, you must read chapters from the beginning and understand the context.

The day truth becomes multiple it becomes a lie, the day God allows multiple truths he becomes a liar, the day the Bible contradicts itself it becomes a work of man, one God, one spirit , one truth

Even a human being who contradicts himself is regarded as untrustworthy not to talk of an all knowing God, man has continued to manipulate God's single truth to suit themselves, it is either a part of the Bible is understood or misunderstood, there is nothing like multiple understanding.

Different apostles emphasized more on different subjects depending on the need of the people amongst which they find themselves, that doesn't in any way suggest that they played down on other subjects or relegated their importance eg if a man doesn't steal but commits adultery, there is no point teaching him about stealing when you can focus on the adultery which needs change.

The question raised by freeze is a valid question every Christian should have asked themselves already.
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by camry20: 10:18am On Jan 11, 2018
This calls for unity among and between the Christians in Naija. If a little topics like this will have different opinions from our Christians leaders...then where do the congregation stand? Someone somewhere will be laughing out loud to all these.

Even if the Freeze has been given a bad name or being blamed for this controversy...did the bible not say in IChorinthians1:27 "...chosen the foolish things of these world to confound the wise;..."?

It is a wake up call to all Christians and its leaders to be united in words, character, deed, etc. In those days you can employ a Christian by just his or her pastors recommendation but these days what is the story

How strong are we if we stand separated in opinions and ideas
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by s4short: 10:23am On Jan 11, 2018
Ken4Christ:
The real answer is because the Church is blind to the days we are living in. We are in the dispensation of grace and the teachings we ought to follow are the teachings of our Lord Jesus and his Apostles. But ignorant ministers still base some of their doctrines on the Law of Moses which has been abolished.

If We stick to what Jesus and the Apostles taught, there will be little or no contradiction.

It is people like you that are a problem to Christianity always choosing one part and throwing away the other.
You have just claimed the law has been abolished so it is either you are telling us that the so called dispensation of grace is a period of lawlessness or you show biblical evidence of the criteria for choosing which law stays and which one goes.

Since we are now in the dispensation of grace i would also want to know which dispensation those in the time of moses lived in and just a follow up question would those in moses time be saved by grace or by the law.

Thanks
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by Iamzik: 10:28am On Jan 11, 2018
oglalasioux:

The bolded is the beauty of science. It is open to falsification unlike the 'holy' books you can't question. Secondly, I have taken time to discover my own 'truth'. I therefore have the right to castigate entities that teach people like Shekau to bomb innocent people. Any book that encourages mass murder, like the bible and Koran, can be anything but holy.

Bible and Quran encourages killing according to you.

Please what book did Adolf Hitler read again that thought him to murder millions of jews and plunge the world into war?

Human beings will exhibit their individual stupidity and insatiable thirtst for power and wealth irrespective of what is written in any book. In the end the choice is personal bro.

The World is full of good and evil. It's left for you to choose the good and leave the evil. Even among atheists there is now a different school of thought about creation and the origin of man. Every truth can be distorted in this age.

Live and let live. Your views about life are not totally perfect Neither are mine. Loose that self righteous i-know-it-all aura bro
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by OkCornel(m): 11:24am On Jan 11, 2018
jeff1607:
don't we ve ONE HOLYSPIRIT and ONE GOD?

Then how come both minister different versions of a particular book to the pastors, since the bible was inspired by the same HOLYSPIRIT

Very good question...

This is what happens when people mistake personal revelations from the Holy Spirit to apply to everyone...

The formula that worked specifically for Samson would backfire if Joseph, Isaiah or Daniel tried it...

Different individuals with different strengths, weaknesses, background e.t.c. BUT One Holy Spirit and yet they accomplished POSITIVE EXPLOITS

People should be careful not to mistake personal revelations to be generic revelations lest different doctrines will spring forth.
This applies to all the Abrahamic Religions...I don't know too much asides these religions...
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by thesicilian: 11:28am On Jan 11, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/

That is the confusion he is pointing out. So it is human misguided interpretations and not God's will all these while.

Who decides which doctrine is right?

//
That's where you miss the point.
It's not all about doctrine.
It's between you and your maker on the last day.
Man looks at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart.
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by Ken4Christ: 11:39am On Jan 11, 2018
s4short:

It is people like you that are a problem to Christianity always choosing one part and throwing away the other.
You have just claimed the law has been abolished so it is either you are telling us that the so called dispensation of grace is a period of lawlessness or you show biblical evidence of the criteria for choosing which law stays and which one goes.

Since we are now in the dispensation of grace i would also want to know which dispensation those in the time of moses lived in and just a follow up question would those in moses time be saved by grace or by the law.

Thanks

Explanation on this is a whole book. I actually have a book on this but I will attempt to give a few references here.

The longest recorded sermon of our Lord Jesus contained in the fifth chapter of the book of Matthew revealed that Jesus teachings are contrary to some of the instructions given under the Law of Moses. Let's look at them.

Matthew 5:31-44
Teaching On Divorce.

31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:

32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

The Law Permits the Jews to swear but Jesus said don't swear at all.

33 Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:

34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:

35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.

36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.

37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

The Law permits you to retaliate but Jesus teaches otherwise.

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.

41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

The Law permits you to have your enemies but Jesus taught otherwise.

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.

Apostles Paul said,

2nd Corinthians 3:6.
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

He calls the Old Testament letter that kills and the New Testament the Spirit that gives life. So, Apostle Paul dwells on the New Testament in his teachings.

He gave more contrast between the Old and the New Testament in the verses that followed,

2nd Corinthians 3:7-11.

He called the O/T ministration of death but the N/T ministration of the Spirit. This explains the fall and die prayers in most of our Churches.

7. But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

O/T is called ministration of condemnation while the N/T is called ministration of righteousness.

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

I can go on and on. But let me stop here. The Church is blind and in grave errors.
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by alBHAGDADI: 11:41am On Jan 11, 2018
kodded:

hehehe when we told you guys that this demon came to destroy Christianity , you guys were calling us sheeps grin grin grin

cc:
asuustrike2009
alBHAGDADI
AkpaMgbor
coputa
It's now becoming clearer to people what Daddy Freeze's mission is - attack Christianity.
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by Leonbonapart(m): 1:54pm On Jan 11, 2018
Ignatio:

AntiChrist because he preaches against tithing.
because he's misleading people and hate Christ
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by Leonbonapart(m): 1:54pm On Jan 11, 2018
bamidelee:

there are different versions of bible, king James et al
but the 'word' is one
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by Leonbonapart(m): 1:55pm On Jan 11, 2018
tonytony208:

He is not Antichrist. An Antichrist attacks Christ. Freeze isn't attacking Christ. He is attacking the false doctrine promulgated by your pastors.
so what he post about the Bible up there is false doctrine right? He's gradually unfolding his antichristian agenda. We will still be here when he finish exposing himself
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by InvertedHammer: 4:27pm On Jan 11, 2018
thesicilian:

That's where you miss the point.
It's not all about doctrine.
It's between you and your maker on the last day.
Man looks at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart.

You are waiting for the last day for God to look at the heart while these pastors are doing maximum damage to people's lives.

You are moving to Step 2 (judgment day) without passing effectively through Step 1 (life).

Ridiculous! Isn't it?

While at it, we might as well let criminals enjoy themselves because on the last day, God will judge them.

Why do we have prisons again?

/
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by thesicilian: 5:17pm On Jan 11, 2018
InvertedHammer:

You are waiting for the last day for God to look at the heart while these pastors are doing maximum damage to people's lives.

You are moving to Step 2 (judgment day) without passing effectively through Step 1 (life).

Ridiculous! Isn't it?

While at it, we might as well let criminals enjoy themselves because on the last day, God will judge them.

Why do we have prisons again?

/
The prison system is to punish those who have been convicted of one offense or the other, be it criminal or civil.
Just as there are many criminals running around free, so also are there many sinners out and about doing their business of committing sin.
And in both cases, the only common denominator that can bring them to justice is the evidence of a crime .
As of now, not even your hero freeze the accuser of the brethren has a single shred of evidence that can put any of these men of God in jail so what's the hullabaloo all about?
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by DemonInSiege: 5:54pm On Jan 11, 2018
Leonbonapart:

tongue
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by InvertedHammer: 7:16pm On Jan 11, 2018
thesicilian:

The prison system is to punish those who have been convicted of one offense or the other, be it criminal or civil.
Just as there are many criminals running around free, so also are there many sinners out and about doing their business of committing sin.
And in both cases, the only common denominator that can bring them to justice is the evidence of a crime .
As of now, not even your hero freeze the accuser of the brethren has a single shred of evidence that can put any of these men of God in jail so what's the hullabaloo all about?

He calls for preemptive action against crime--more like precautionary measures.

The same way people are advised to hide their money to avoid pickpockets.

Prevention is better than cure. Bostwana just shut down the church of Shepherd Bushiri (refer to http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-42634112) A responsible government protects her citizens. Just because Nigeria is a zoo where the government couldn't care less for her citizens doesn't mean that other responsible government/organizations/individuals should allow these scammers go unchecked. Many
fraudulent churches are shut down globally every year.

/
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by helpishere(m): 9:38pm On Jan 11, 2018
masterP042:

A levite is a descendant of Levi the son of Israel. So cut the bull crap
That is true but what was their duties in the temple? Is it different from the sweepers, ushers and choir in the church today? Are they not the ones that collects the tithe and offerings from the people? They are supposed to give 10% of what they collected to the priest and keep the rest for themselves. Now the Priest takes everything and tells them that they are workers for God and they will be paid by God. And how do you know the Israel that you are talking about? Is it the Israel that does not know Christ or like the PM once said the christians are an embarrassment to Israel. Moses told us in the bible that the land God is giving to the Israelites is a land that drinks the rain of heaven and there is no irrigation like a garden in that land. That they will be sent to the Islands when they provoke God. We know those who live on all the world's islands and they are not jews.
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by ReinaFarine: 10:34pm On Jan 11, 2018
s4short:

You have just misquoted and misinterpreted the Bible, the place you quoted Paul has nothing to do with clean and unclean food but talks about meat sacrificed to idols, you must read chapters from the beginning and understand the context.

The day truth becomes multiple it becomes a lie, the day God allows multiple truths he becomes a liar, the day the Bible contradicts itself it becomes a work of man, one God, one spirit , one truth

Even a human being who contradicts himself is regarded as untrustworthy not to talk of an all knowing God, man has continued to manipulate God's single truth to suit themselves, it is either a part of the Bible is understood or misunderstood, there is nothing like multiple understanding.

Different apostles emphasized more on different subjects depending on the need of the people amongst which they find themselves, that doesn't in any way suggest that they played down on other subjects or relegated their importance eg if a man doesn't steal but commits adultery, there is no point teaching him about stealing when you can focus on the adultery which needs change.

The question raised by freeze is a valid question every Christian should have asked themselves already.

Please read Romans 14. It is too long... So I just stated a disagreement instead of quoting the while chapter. My points are not bulleted or numbered.

There is one truth the Church Is built on JESUS the way. Read 1John 4:1-3.
That is the yardstick of true Christian. Anyone on the otherwise is not of God. In the main things, I think all churches are based in one point. Jesus as the way to heaven.

Administration may differ.

One might uphold one law over another (In the case of meat and drink)

Paul said... Let not him that eateth despiseth him that eateth not... And let not him that eateth not judge him that eateth for Gid hath received him.

If you can tell me one area the various denominations are struggling apart from... Eating, drinking, what to wear, and other outward thing... That Paul said... Which all are to perish with the using after the commandment and doctrine of men( col 2:23).

1 Like

Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by tonytony208(m): 10:43pm On Jan 11, 2018
Leonbonapart:
so what he post about the Bible up there is false doctrine right? He's gradually unfolding his antichristian agenda. We will still be here when he finish exposing himself

If you are looking for the real Antichrist, check with your pastors, who would twist the Bible to suit their personal interpretation.

I hope you still recall that Judgement will start, not with daddy freeze, but in the house of Godliness?l I
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by Ubenedictus(m): 7:59am On Jan 12, 2018
Meti99:
I am discouraged by all the baby answers given on the front page.
It is certain freeze is an ignorant fool who only wants recognition and relevancy by all means..

The question I will ask freeze is "what is doctrine?"
No church, I repeat no church whether Catholic, Protestant, Pentecostal, is different in doctrine..
oya tell us what is doctrine and show us say dem no different
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by s4short: 11:43am On Jan 12, 2018
Ken4Christ:

Explanation on this is a whole book. I actually have a book on this but I will attempt to give a few references here.

The longest recorded sermon of our Lord Jesus contained in the fifth chapter of the book of Matthew revealed that Jesus teachings are contrary to some of the instructions given under the Law of Moses. Let's look at them.

Matthew 5:31-44
Teaching On Divorce.

31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:

32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

The Law Permits the Jews to swear but Jesus said don't swear at all.

33 Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:

34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:

35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.

36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.

37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

The Law permits you to retaliate but Jesus teaches otherwise.

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.

41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

The Law permits you to have your enemies but Jesus taught otherwise.

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.

Apostles Paul said,

2nd Corinthians 3:6.
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

He calls the Old Testament letter that kills and the New Testament the Spirit that gives life. So, Apostle Paul dwells on the New Testament in his teachings.

He gave more contrast between the Old and the New Testament in the verses that followed,

2nd Corinthians 3:7-11.

He called the O/T ministration of death but the N/T ministration of the Spirit. This explains the fall and die prayers in most of our Churches.

7. But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

O/T is called ministration of condemnation while the N/T is called ministration of righteousness.

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

I can go on and on. But let me stop here. The Church is blind and in grave errors.

Very interesting compilation i have to say, I will try to go over them one by one :
On the issue of divorce if you go to mathew 19:8
New International Version
Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.
Christ himself explained to them the reason for the supposed disparity that it has always been wrong to divorce but moses made a concession for them because of their wickedness. (the key to studying the Bible is to look at all the verses that talk on a subject matter especially when it seems contradictory)

The other issues that follow are quite similar, and can be summarized by saying a higher standard is expected of those in the new testament and onwards than was expected in the old testament because Christ not only died in our place but also gave us the ability to live above the things of the world.

On swearing, it was not contradictory, in those days people swore by different things to show they were telling the truth, but Christ is saying let every word you say be the truth because you have no control over the things you even swear by. Like I said before the bar was simply raised.

An eye for eye can best be explained in the line of the lords prayer which says "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us" Christ died in our place something we didn't merit because we deserved death therefore in like manner have mercy on the man who deserves to have his eyes plucked out not because it is wrong to take an eye for an eye but because if you take out his eyes yours would also be taken, it is more of a principle than a rule which was used in in deciding penalties for cases and it has not changed.

The same thing applies in the case of loving your enemies, Christ simply clarified some teachings in the old testament which had been misinterpreted by the then leaders of the c church which is why he had problems with them, they were the ones being referred to when he said "you have heard" . The old testament and the Bible in general have always taught love for enemies because in hating them you become like them.

Some examples from the old testament :
Exo 23:4,5 If thou meet thine enemy’s ox or his ass going astray, thou shalt surely bring it back to him again. If thou see the ass of him that hateth thee lying under his burden, and wouldest forbear to help him, thou shalt surely help with him.
Pro 25:21 If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink:
Pro 24:17 Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth:
Pro 29:10 The bloodthirsty hate the upright: but the just seek his soul.
The Bible cannot contradict itself because God is not a author of confusion and until otherwise proven he is the author of the Bible.

On Paul's teachings, there is a basic principle which explains everything : it begins with the law
Transgression of the law = sin= death
Each time Paul refers to the old testament or the law as ministration of death or condemnation he is simply reiterating the Bible principle that the wages wages of sin is death, chikina! because if there were no laws, there would be no sin and there would be no death so they all follow that is why he speaks of them together.
I hope i have been able to provide answers to the points raised, if there are more we can still look at them.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 13, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
It's now becoming clearer to people what Daddy Freeze's mission is - attack Christianity.
Brother Christianity will be attacked so there is nothing new. It is a test of faith to see those who will stand or fall. Many are called few are chosen

1 Like

Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by s4short: 12:01am On Jan 16, 2018
ReinaFarine:

Please read Romans 14. It is too long... So I just stated a disagreement instead of quoting the while chapter. My points are not bulleted or numbered.

There is one truth the Church Is built on JESUS the way. Read 1John 4:1-3.
That is the yardstick of true Christian. Anyone on the otherwise is not of God. In the main things, I think all churches are based in one point. Jesus as the way to heaven.

Administration may differ.

One might uphold one law over another (In the case of meat and drink)

Paul said... Let not him that eateth despiseth him that eateth not... And let not him that eateth not judge him that eateth for Gid hath received him.

If you can tell me one area the various denominations are struggling apart from... Eating, drinking, what to wear, and other outward thing... That Paul said... Which all are to perish with the using after the commandment and doctrine of men( col 2:23).

The Bible itself is the word and it is the truth, the entirety of it , there is no one truth or half truth or lie inside of it, it is simply the truth every part of it.
Anyone who chooses to throw away some parts or add to the Bible is the liar and that is the work of the devil.
There is no room for upholding one law above another in the Bible, you keep misquoting and misinterpreting Paul's writings, God is not man that he should change he can't say something is bad today and then tomorrow they will suddenly become good that is confusion an all knowing God can't do that, if it was wrong in the beginning till the end it shall be wrong
Malachi 3:6
"For I, the LORD, do not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed. Verse Concepts
Numbers 23:19
"God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent; Has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good? Verse Concepts
Psalm 102:25-27
"Of old You founded the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands. "Even they will perish, but You endure; And all of them will wear out like a garment; Like clothing You will change them and they will be changed. "But You are the same, And Your years will not come to an end.

If the only important thing in the Bible was" Jesus as the way to heaven " there would have been no need to have a whole book, a page would have sufficed maybe with some few lines. The Bible is not beans that one picks to separate the good from the bad rather it is the good(the whole Bible) trying to direct bad humans. We must be willing to understand what the Bible says and follow it rather than choosing to bend it to suit us which is what most churches do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

T.B. Joshua Celebrates His 53rd Birthday Today / Church Youths And Premarital Sex. / Primate Ayodele: "God Will Punish Saraki If He Refuses To Contest In 2019"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.