Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

CONFESSION: How We Enslaved Nigeria - Lord Macaulay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CONFESSION: How We Enslaved Nigeria - Lord Macaulay (3746 Views)

Peter Obi, Lord Maryland Of Odstock Meet In Lagos (Photos) / 5 Different Ways Tinubu Enslaved Lagosians To Join The Billion Dollar Club / How The British Domination Of Africa Was Planned By Lord Macaulay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CONFESSION: How We Enslaved Nigeria - Lord Macaulay by Freegift75: 9:43pm On Jan 10, 2018
Lord Macaulay in an address to the British Parliament before the almagamation of Nigeria revealed all that transpired in their attempt to enslave the Africa.

Detail on the pix below

Re: CONFESSION: How We Enslaved Nigeria - Lord Macaulay by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 10, 2018
E concern am
Re: CONFESSION: How We Enslaved Nigeria - Lord Macaulay by Gentle034(m): 9:57pm On Jan 10, 2018
Instrumental Violence according Franz Fanon
Re: CONFESSION: How We Enslaved Nigeria - Lord Macaulay by HallaDaTruth: 10:04pm On Jan 10, 2018
What a shame. AS FOR ME AM A FREE MAN
Re: CONFESSION: How We Enslaved Nigeria - Lord Macaulay by jdluv(f): 10:14pm On Jan 10, 2018
may God deliver africa
Re: CONFESSION: How We Enslaved Nigeria - Lord Macaulay by Abjay97(m): 10:15pm On Jan 10, 2018
Sarrki,
Ngeneukwuenu,
STOP TRIBALISM AND NIGERIAN RACISM sad
Re: CONFESSION: How We Enslaved Nigeria - Lord Macaulay by Abdul3391(m): 10:16pm On Jan 10, 2018
so why are telling us now?
after all d harm and divider rule they used against us. they are the sole reason and cause of our problems as a nation today.
may God forgive them gaskiya
Re: CONFESSION: How We Enslaved Nigeria - Lord Macaulay by karlboss: 10:41pm On Jan 10, 2018
Freegift75:
Lord Lugard in an address to the British Parliament before the almagamation of Nigeria revealed all that transpired in their attempt to enslave the Africa.

Detail on the pix below

This is the kind of news that we Nigerians should be discussing. Those supporting Christianity and Islam do you see what this British did. They consciously removed our effective religion and spirituality and gave us bullshit. Those supporting Nigeria have you seen why Nigeria can't work, we were created to fail so they can exploit us

5 Likes

Re: CONFESSION: How We Enslaved Nigeria - Lord Macaulay by alexlife(m): 11:49pm On Jan 10, 2018
Lugard did whats great for his country. he was a patriot and a man of honour in his country's history book. But my niaja no one do wetin go better for their own country by disintegrating or better still restructure... na wa ooo
Re: CONFESSION: How We Enslaved Nigeria - Lord Macaulay by Rossikk(m): 11:53pm On Jan 10, 2018
Freegift75:
Lord Lugard in an address to the British Parliament before the almagamation of Nigeria revealed all that transpired in their attempt to enslave the Africa.

Detail on the pix below

WOW, WOW WOW....

Can you see?

In 1835 when Lugard got here, there were no poor people, and no beggars.

By 1960 when they'd finished with us, majority of Nigerians were in poverty, and malnutrition and begging were rife.

YET, most of our people worship the whites. They worship a white Jesus, even though history shows he must have been a black man, since the original Hebrews were black people.

''Are ye not as the Ethiopians unto me oh Israel?'' - Amos 9:7

''From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring my offering'' - Zephaniah 3:10

When are we gonna wake up from our colonial slumber?

Our lawyers still wear English wigs!

I mean, really....We're f.ucking up big time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CONFESSION: How We Enslaved Nigeria - Lord Macaulay by Rossikk(m): 12:09am On Jan 11, 2018
alexlife:
Lugard did whats great for his country. he was a patriot and a man of honour in his country's history book. But my niaja no one do wetin go better for their own country by disintegrating or better still restructure... na wa ooo

Bullshiit. Stop praising and excusing the genocide of your grandparents, and the destruction of your society by foreigners. That makes you complicit to evil.

Britain/Europe did not HAVE to destroy the prosperous Africa they met. They could have engaged in normal trade like civilized societies do, instead of looting and plundering, and destroying.

Would you commend Nigeria if we invaded Togo or Liberia tomorrow and destroyed their country in order to enrich ourselves? That you have ''national interests'' doesn't mean you become a beast who destroys other societies for profits.

4 Likes

Re: CONFESSION: How We Enslaved Nigeria - Lord Macaulay by orisa37: 3:06am On Jan 11, 2018
Lord Lugard didn't know that Nigeria would prefer The Miyetti Allah Cattle Rearing Enslavement Type.
Buhari is more comfortable with Cows than with Osinbajo and Okorocha.
Re: CONFESSION: How We Enslaved Nigeria - Lord Macaulay by seuncyber(m): 4:12am On Jan 11, 2018
Naija Sha We Like To Blame Somebody For How Problem, We Are The Main Koko Of Our Problem, Not Lugard, U Can Force A Horse To The Rive But U Can't Force It To Drink Water, Iranu
Re: CONFESSION: How We Enslaved Nigeria - Lord Macaulay by Amberon11: 4:34am On Jan 11, 2018
grin
Re: CONFESSION: How We Enslaved Nigeria - Lord Macaulay by alexlife(m): 6:15am On Jan 11, 2018
Rossikk:

Bullshiit. Stop praising and excusing the genocide of your grandparents, and the destruction of your society by foreigners. That makes you complicit to evil.

Britain/Europe did not HAVE to destroy the prosperous Africa they met. They could have engaged in normal trade like civilized societies do, instead of looting and plundering, and destroying.

Would you commend Nigeria if we invaded Togo or Liberia tomorrow and destroyed their country in order to enrich ourselves? That you have ''national interests'' doesn't mean you become a beast who destroys other societies for profits.

You won't blame someone or accuse them of doing wrong just because they did what they felt will advance their country. Britain needed the resources from Nigeria to sustain her empire as well as be competitive. Its no brainier that you will put your country first before other's. If my stupid country men did that, do you think we would still be screaming Britain, Lugard? did they stop you from restructuring or disintegrating? did they force you to remain a slave and serve their interest. Don't tell me if you were to a footballer, you will score against your country just for the fact your country have won the title several times but the opposition have this as their only chance to claim the same title
Re: CONFESSION: How We Enslaved Nigeria - Lord Macaulay by Freegift75: 3:02pm On Jan 11, 2018
jdluv:
may God deliver africa
Dont be deceived, Africa is delivered already but only that Nigeria is running away from deliverance.

Most of African nations like Ghana and Liberia have atoned for their deliverance, but Nigeria stands to be different.

The same religion British introduced into Nigeria remains the fundamental cancer worm devouring the betterment of this Nigeria.

KILL RELIGION and SAVE NIGERIA
Re: CONFESSION: How We Enslaved Nigeria - Lord Macaulay by killsmith(f): 3:17pm On Jan 11, 2018
We need to throw away everything the whiteman brought and start afresh.
Re: CONFESSION: How We Enslaved Nigeria - Lord Macaulay by GregJo: 4:27pm On Jan 13, 2018
cc: musicwriter
Re: CONFESSION: How We Enslaved Nigeria - Lord Macaulay by musicwriter(m): 5:18pm On Jan 13, 2018
GregJjo:
cc: musicwriter

Thank you brother for recommending this. This's what I've been crying out loud for ages.

Africans must realize Europeans were not just interested in physical conquest, trade and exploitation of resources in their colonies. They were also interested in mental conquest, psychological conquest, and intellectual conquest. Rome did exactly the same thing to their fellow European countries in medieval times over there in Europe. So, Britain, France, Portugal, and Spain, were doing exactly what they learned from Rome. They also used the mental and psychological conquest tools to subdue people, the only reason it wasn’t obvious was because nobody sustained physical injury or got killed by it. The mental conquest, psychological conquest are indeed their greatest conquest!.

‘’of all European conquests, their greatest conquest is the conquest of the mind of indigenous people in their colonies’’..… Professor John H. Clarke.

That conquest of mind happened through education and religion. We all can see the effect of religion, but everybody conveniently avoids talking about the intellectual slavery education brings to us, because of man's natural ego mechanism that won't let us drop our ego and think outside the box. According to psychologists ‘’the human mind has a primitive ego defence mechanism that negates any evidence disproving any belief we hold dear’’. This natural ego defence mechanism sometimes could be evil as it would not allow people think outside of the box.

As far as I’ am concerned, how to defeat this natural defensive mechanism to enable us realize education was and is still a tool for colonialism, is the biggest obstacle to development in Africa. Educated Africans like YOU reading this must realize the education Europeans gave us was part of slavery and colonialism.

Educated people in Africa must realize education and slavery are mutually exclusive!. Educated people in Africa must understand education and colonialism are mutually exclusive!!. Indeed, the Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II, said he do have a documented proof that Britain never wanted to give education to their colonies, because they said education was counter-productive to their goal. In that secret memo they discussed why Africans must not be educated and why the wrong education must be given instead.

Europeans wouldn’t have given us the right education. The education itself is dirty and must be discarded. Again, this’s a difficult thing to understand, because of our natural defensive mechanism prompting us to defend our education. We no longer realize we’ve been short-changed with a type of education that wasn’t original to African people prior to colonialism. But, believe me, once you understand this you’ll become a new person right from where you’re sitting.

The worst legacy we need deal with is the intellectual slavery inherent in education whereby knowledge creation is not in our hands. We don’t contribute anything to the world’s academic knowledge base. We are like spectators in the world’s knowledge manufactory. By default of the education we have in Africa, white people still determine what ought to be knowledge and what ought not to be knowledge. Therefore, what we call education in Africa is not really education. It is indoctrination!.

Africans wake up and understand everything given us by the colonialists are fake!. Before anybody take us serious, before we become a force to reckon with in this world, we must take full control of our cultures, religion, education. I don't know how else to explain this to my fellow Africans.

Colonialists themselves are now apologizing to the indigenous people, but here we are in Africa totally unaware of the cultural imperialism still going on in our own eyes in the name of education.

Canadian Government Apologizes For giving wrong education to Indigenous People http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/11/AR2008061100419.html

Australia Says ‘Sorry’ to Aborigines for Mistreatment http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/13/world/asia/13aborigine.html

4 Likes

Re: CONFESSION: How We Enslaved Nigeria - Lord Macaulay by Alejoa(f): 6:09pm On Jan 13, 2018
What shocked

Why can't we undo all that now?
Re: CONFESSION: How We Enslaved Nigeria - Lord Macaulay by musicwriter(m): 7:06pm On Jan 13, 2018
Alejoa:
What shocked

Why can't we undo all that now?

That's a good question!.

The question you're asking now is the question that should be on the lips of any African. Some years back I began asking that type of question. My exact question was; why is Africa poor? Why can't we get out of poverty no matter what we do? When I began researching the answer, it changed my life.

The reason we can't overturn it is because they're still controlling our minds, not our body. We've freed the body, but not the mind (SEE VIDEO BELOW).

And the reason they continue to control us is because we've all been indoctrinated up to the point we accept their lie as the truth and the truth as the lie. We can't even convince ourselves anymore that we have the wrong version of education, because the education keeps us in a box that we're supposed not to break. Its man's natural ego mechanism that's justifying our enslavement, and therefore, not allowing us to accept the ugly truth that education was part and parcel of colonialism.

"when you control a man's thinking, you do not have to worry about his actions. You do not have to tell him not to stand here or go yonder. He will find his (proper place) and will stay in it. You do not need to send him to the back door. He will go without being told. In fact, if there is no back door, he will cut one for his special benefit. His education makes it necessary"......... Dr. Carter. G Woodson, writing in his book; the mis-education of the Negro.

Such is our situation. Again, to understand our situation make sure you see the video below. The elephant and the rope.

How indoctrination works, How mental slavery works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ebYTJf8OUw

1 Like

Re: CONFESSION: How We Enslaved Nigeria - Lord Macaulay by Alejoa(f): 4:54am On Jan 14, 2018
musicwriter:

That's a good question!.

The question you're asking now is the question that should be on the lips of any African. Some years back I began asking that type of question. My exact question was; why is Africa poor? Why can't we get out of poverty no matter what we do? When I began researching the answer, it changed my life.

The reason we can't overturn it is because they're still controlling our minds, not our body. We've freed the body, but not the mind (SEE VIDEO BELOW).

And the reason they continue to control us is because we've all been indoctrinated up to the point we accept their lie as the truth and the truth as the lie. We can't even convince ourselves anymore that we have the wrong version of education, because the education keeps us in a box that we're supposed not to break. Its man's natural ego mechanism that's justifying our enslavement, and therefore, not allowing us to accept the ugly truth that education was part and parcel of colonialism.

"when you control a man's thinking, you do not have to worry about his actions. You do not have to tell him not to stand here or go yonder. He will find his (proper place) and will stay in it. You do not need to send him to the back door. He will go without being told. In fact, if there is no back door, he will cut one for his special benefit. His education makes it necessary"......... Dr. Carter. G Woodson, writing in his book; the mis-education of the Negro.

Such is our situation. Again, to understand our situation make sure you see the video below. The elephant and the rope.

How indoctrination works, How mental slavery works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ebYTJf8OUw

Thanks for the detailed response....taking my time to go over it bit by bit

(1) (Reply)

Sahara Reporters: A Jubril From Sudan May Be In Aso Rock. / Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu / "Is That How They Build In Your Country?" Amaechi blasts Chinese Contractor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.