Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Abia APC And The Burden Of Sustaining A Credible Opposition - Uche Aguoru - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia APC And The Burden Of Sustaining A Credible Opposition - Uche Aguoru (690 Views)

No Credible Opposition To APC – El-rufai / Amosun And The Burden Of Non Indigenes In Ogun State - By Dr Chris Orie / A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia APC And The Burden Of Sustaining A Credible Opposition - Uche Aguoru by chuksahamefule: 1:16pm On Jan 11, 2018
Standing in the middle of the Umuahia township stadium and looking at the sea of heads that attended the Abia All Progressive Congress Mega Rally, I was really stupefied to witness such a mammoth crowd troop out to a rally that is not organized by a ruling party, and the crowd, financially induced or officially intimidated with government apparatus.

Contrary to all the lies and propaganda that the PDP and its lie merchants has been churning out so as to deceive the public and discredit the huge success the rally recorded, vis-à-vis the harvest of political adherents the APC has gained as a fallout of bad leadership that the ruling party has dished Abians, truth is that the Umuahia township stadium have not witnessed such a large crowd gathered in that stadium as seen on the 9th of January 2018, I have been part of political rallies held by the ruling party, I have witnessed Presidents visit Abia and hold rallies at Umuahia township stadium, and I must confess I was stunned to see the turnout recorded on that APC Mega Rally inspite of all the negative media publicity by the PDP meant to dissuade Abians from coming to that rally.

Having a general overview of the rally interms of attendance, organization and political advancement, I must confess that the rally was a huge success and I want to congratulate the Abia APC for a successful outing.

For a political party that does not even have an elected councilor to suddenly convert four house of assembly members from different political parties including the ruling PDP into its fold means that such a political party has come to stay and it’s the party to watch, taking an inventory of the caliber of politicians who came to grace the occasion and to openly declare their membership and loyalty to the All Progressive Congress, positions the party as the main opposition political party in Abia.

Reeling out the names of prominent Abia politicians who had expressed their intention to pitch their political tent with the APC clearly shows that the ruling PDP has lost the confidence and trust of the people and what should worry them now is no longer those who have the courage to leave the party, rather the ones that are seen to still be in the party, but either that they do not possess the courage to openly jumpship or have decided to sit back to finally sink the party before heading into other political parties.

My worry is the ability of the APC to sustain and manage the expected harvest of political heavy weights that are yet to make up their minds, negotiating their interests or are still waiting for a convenient political atmosphere to join the new Abia political destination, the APC.

With the presence of the likes of Dr. Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah, Dr Orji Uzor Kalu, Rt Hon. Martins Azubuike,Rt Hon. Stanley Ohajiriuka, Dr Mark Wabara, Senator Nkechi Nwaogu, Hon. Iheanacho Obioma and other political heavy weights the APC is plus sized, and without sounding immodest the political history of Abia state is bound to change.

Fact is that every political party has its own internal issues, but has the APC in Abia made political gains today? YES, has the party come to stay? YES, are they expecting bigger influx? YES, has APC become the major opposition, given the composition of its political membership as at today, YES.

How prepared is the Abia PDP willing to recover from the implosion that it is facing, a few months to elections, with the current PDP led government that has shown little or no visible interest in the peoples welfare? That will be left for the party to answer
My worry and that of every right thinking Abian who has the political, economic and social welfarist interest of Abia and Abians at heart, is whether the party will sustain the political gains so far made and translate it to electoral victory come 2019, that answer only lies in the primary elections and by the choice of candidates the APC will be willing to field come 2019 elections.

Aguoru
Writes from Umuahia

Re: Abia APC And The Burden Of Sustaining A Credible Opposition - Uche Aguoru by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 11, 2018
In an election devoid of federal might, APC will come a distance 3rd in Abia

1 Like

Re: Abia APC And The Burden Of Sustaining A Credible Opposition - Uche Aguoru by chukwuemekafran(m): 1:36pm On Jan 11, 2018
this is not different from the rented crowd we saw prior to anambra state governorship elections,at the end of all the rigging by APC goons and noise making we saw the margin of fatal loss recorded.

truth be told abia state is a grass root PDP state in all the 17 local govt areas with a working governor who enjoys the support of his people from 9 local govts out of the 17 local govt areas .

Orji Kalu who entrenched rougue style of governance in the state is feeling the heat of the governors developmental stride in the state as against his fake and deceitful regime

a visit to Orji kalus Facebook page will prove that the people have rejected him with constant vituperation and rejection by abians.

Orji kalu should go and bury his head in shame for dumping PPA his pet political party formed the same time bola tinubu formed his ACN party.
his decamping to APC after efcc came chasing him proves further that the man have lost his political worth in abia state and Nigeria in general.

1 Like

Re: Abia APC And The Burden Of Sustaining A Credible Opposition - Uche Aguoru by fergie001: 1:39pm On Jan 11, 2018
Uche Aguoru is well-known to Benedict Godson and Nwamkpa Donatus,people I do respect irrespective of their shortcomings and obvious rape on Abia state during the OUK days.
Suffice this to say,Abia PDP has been very very terrible,a foundation laid by St.OUK....as himself and mother Elder Mrs.Prof.Evangelist Eunice Uzor Kalu led the 'egusi-pyramid' team in "God's Own State".
Senator Thief After Orji continued this rape and handed over to Dr."OVI Nwa-guy".But APC is a NO NO,I like the way they are giving the National hopes,so that more money will be given to the Abia state chapter.Ask Ikechi Emenike(now in APC),gentleman what and how much he got from Buhari's ANPP(at the time) yet we know.
Iheanacho Obioma,ever since he was deposed as Hon,has looked like "Boateng" since that memorable"cutback" from Messi,Ask Azubuike who just a call from Obi-Ngwa was "impeached"as Speaker and is now a common member,or "Ugboajah" who a call from Isiala-Oboro will send him down.
Stanley Ohajuruka is only known in Afara,left as Speaker,and was thrown out of the HoR.....
Aguoru,a paid psycophant,who often said this nonsense in favour of OUK against OBJ,now in favour of TA Orji against OUK,has returned now as the writer for OUK again,"Uche" continue oooo,u hear?
Give them more hopes,boys must eat...
APC will get not a farthing from Abia,if its these men they possess.

EVERYBODY WANTS PDP THROWN OUT,but APGA the beneficiary...if its Buhari,go home and sleep....

People like Otti will send shivers down.

1 Like

Re: Abia APC And The Burden Of Sustaining A Credible Opposition - Uche Aguoru by kahal29: 1:42pm On Jan 11, 2018
EastGold:
In an election devoid of federal might, APC will come a distance 3rd in Abia

Keep deceiving yourself with false hope. The governor in Abia state is the one preparing the ground for APC to take over the state by not paying workers their salaries and owing civil servants. What other federal might do you need to defeat such a governor who can not pay ordinary salary? Hunger and poverty doesn't know or care about party?
Re: Abia APC And The Burden Of Sustaining A Credible Opposition - Uche Aguoru by kahal29: 1:47pm On Jan 11, 2018
chuksahamefule:
Standing in the middle of the Umuahia township stadium and looking at the sea of heads that attended the Abia All Progressive Congress Mega Rally, I was really stupefied to witness such a mammoth crowd troop out to a rally that is not organized by a ruling party, and the crowd, financially induced or officially intimidated with government apparatus.

Contrary to all the lies and propaganda that the PDP and its lie merchants has been churning out so as to deceive the public and discredit the huge success the rally recorded, vis-à-vis the harvest of political adherents the APC has gained as a fallout of bad leadership that the ruling party has dished Abians, truth is that the Umuahia township stadium have not witnessed such a large crowd gathered in that stadium as seen on the 9th of January 2018, I have been part of political rallies held by the ruling party, I have witnessed Presidents visit Abia and hold rallies at Umuahia township stadium, and I must confess I was stunned to see the turnout recorded on that APC Mega Rally inspite of all the negative media publicity by the PDP meant to dissuade Abians from coming to that rally.

Having a general overview of the rally interms of attendance, organization and political advancement, I must confess that the rally was a huge success and I want to congratulate the Abia APC for a successful outing.

For a political party that does not even have an elected councilor to suddenly convert four house of assembly members from different political parties including the ruling PDP into its fold means that such a political party has come to stay and it’s the party to watch, taking an inventory of the caliber of politicians who came to grace the occasion and to openly declare their membership and loyalty to the All Progressive Congress, positions the party as the main opposition political party in Abia.

Reeling out the names of prominent Abia politicians who had expressed their intention to pitch their political tent with the APC clearly shows that the ruling PDP has lost the confidence and trust of the people and what should worry them now is no longer those who have the courage to leave the party, rather the ones that are seen to still be in the party, but either that they do not possess the courage to openly jumpship or have decided to sit back to finally sink the party before heading into other political parties.

My worry is the ability of the APC to sustain and manage the expected harvest of political heavy weights that are yet to make up their minds, negotiating their interests or are still waiting for a convenient political atmosphere to join the new Abia political destination, the APC.

With the presence of the likes of Dr. Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah, Dr Orji Uzor Kalu, Rt Hon. Martins Azubuike,Rt Hon. Stanley Ohajiriuka, Dr Mark Wabara, Senator Nkechi Nwaogu, Hon. Iheanacho Obioma and other political heavy weights the APC is plus sized, and without sounding immodest the political history of Abia state is bound to change.

Fact is that every political party has its own internal issues, but has the APC in Abia made political gains today? YES, has the party come to stay? YES, are they expecting bigger influx? YES, has APC become the major opposition, given the composition of its political membership as at today, YES.

How prepared is the Abia PDP willing to recover from the implosion that it is facing, a few months to elections, with the current PDP led government that has shown little or no visible interest in the peoples welfare? That will be left for the party to answer
My worry and that of every right thinking Abian who has the political, economic and social welfarist interest of Abia and Abians at heart, is whether the party will sustain the political gains so far made and translate it to electoral victory come 2019, that answer only lies in the primary elections and by the choice of candidates the APC will be willing to field come 2019 elections.

Aguoru
Writes from Umuahia

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2011876252163630&id=100000238230204&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.2011876252163630%3Atl_objid.2011876252163630%3Athrowback_story_fbid.2011876252163630%3Athid.100000238230204%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1517471999%3A1592075483675088437&__tn__=%2AW-R
Re: Abia APC And The Burden Of Sustaining A Credible Opposition - Uche Aguoru by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 11, 2018
kahal29:

Keep deceiving yourself with false hope. The governor in Abia state is the one preparing the ground for APC to take over the state by not paying workers their salaries and owing civil servants. What other federal might do you need to defeat such a governor who can not pay ordinary salary? Hunger and poverty doesn't know or care about party?

Ndi Abia see credible alternative in APGA not in APC.

1 Like

Re: Abia APC And The Burden Of Sustaining A Credible Opposition - Uche Aguoru by kahal29: 1:52pm On Jan 11, 2018
chukwuemekafran:
this is not different from the rented crowd we saw prior to anambra state governorship elections,at the end of all the rigging by APC goons and noise making we saw the margin of fatal loss recorded.

truth be told abia state is a grass root PDP state in all the 17 local govt areas with a working governor who enjoys the support of his people from 9 local govts out of the 17 local govt areas .

Orji Kalu who entrenched rougue style of governance in the state is feeling the heat of the governors developmental stride in the state as against his fake and deceitful regime

You are one those praise singers deceiving the governor that all is well when all is not well. Anyway Keep deceiving yourself and the governor with false hope. The governor in Abia state is the one preparing the ground for APC to take over the state by not paying workers their salaries and owing civil servants. What other federal might do you need to defeat such a governor who can not pay ordinary salary? Hunger and poverty doesn't know or care about party?

This was how they deceived Aregbesola till he lost that Osun senatorial election to PDP.
Re: Abia APC And The Burden Of Sustaining A Credible Opposition - Uche Aguoru by kahal29: 2:00pm On Jan 11, 2018
EastGold:

Ndi Abia see credible alternative in APGA not in APC.

I laugh.... Seems you are not in Abia. Ndi Abia are looking for credible candidates and not the political parties from which they emerge.
Re: Abia APC And The Burden Of Sustaining A Credible Opposition - Uche Aguoru by chukwuemekafran(m): 2:00pm On Jan 11, 2018
kahal29:

You are one those praise singers deceiving the governor that all is well when all is not well. Anyway Keep deceiving yourself and the governor with false hope. The governor in Abia state is the one preparing the ground for APC to take over the state by not paying workers their salaries and owing civil servants. What other federal might do you need to defeat such a governor who can not pay ordinary salary? Hunger and poverty doesn't know or care about party?

This was how they deceived Aregbesola till he lost that Osun senatorial election to PDP.
owing of workers salary is not synonymous to abia state alone,I don't need to mention even the bigger states who owe salaries and pensions including the federal govt so this your point is failure abinitio.
what I am saying is that APC have nothing to sell to the people of abia state to get their votes .they will only make noise and fail as usual because PDP grass root mobilization is capable of matching them in all political ramifications you can think of including funds and human resources in case you are banking on the money the billionaire thief stole which have made him a saint in association of past criminals party apc
Re: Abia APC And The Burden Of Sustaining A Credible Opposition - Uche Aguoru by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 11, 2018
kahal29:

I laugh.... Seems you are not in Abia. Ndi Abia are looking for credible candidates and not the political parties from which they emerge.

Credible candidates like

Sampson Ogah

Orji Uzor Kalu?

You are a joker
Re: Abia APC And The Burden Of Sustaining A Credible Opposition - Uche Aguoru by Ojiofor: 2:23pm On Jan 11, 2018
kahal29:

We won't replace rogue Abia State PDP with Orji Kalu led Abia APC criminals.Without rigging APGA will always win in Abia state.
Re: Abia APC And The Burden Of Sustaining A Credible Opposition - Uche Aguoru by kahal29: 2:39pm On Jan 11, 2018
chukwuemekafran:
owing of workers salary is not synonymous to abia state alone,I don't need to mention even the bigger states who owe salaries and pensions including the federal govt so this your point is failure abinitio.
what I am saying is that APC have nothing to sell to the people of abia state to get their votes .they will only make noise and fail as usual because PDP grass root mobilization is capable of matching them in all political ramifications you can think of including funds and human resources in case you are banking on the money the billionaire thief stole which have made him a saint in association of past criminals party apc

No problem bros..... Ask your principal to continue owing workers their salary. Very soon what happened to those Governors who also owe workers their salaries will happen to him and you will be the first person to port and switch sides. People like you are only interested in the office and not the person who occupies the office.
Re: Abia APC And The Burden Of Sustaining A Credible Opposition - Uche Aguoru by chukwuemekafran(m): 3:37pm On Jan 11, 2018
kahal29:

No problem bros..... Ask your principal to continue owing workers their salary. Very soon what happened to those Governors who also owe workers their salaries will happen to him and you will be the first person to port and switch sides. People like you are only interested in the office and not the person who occupies the office.
we are not quarrelling ,I am not supporting him for owing salaries in fact it is bad not to pay workers who depend on their wage for survival .

(1) (Reply)

The North Will Rule Nigeria For The Next 12 Years / Police Patrol Vehicle In Abuja Spotted Transporting Cowfeed / Buhari Poll:to Stay Or Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.