Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

China Demolishes Another Church, Sparking Fears Of Campaign Against Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / China Demolishes Another Church, Sparking Fears Of Campaign Against Christianity (613 Views)

Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba / Soludo Demolishes Odumeje’s Church In Anambra This Morning (Pictures) / Christianity Crackdown: China Demolishes Churches And Confiscates Bibles(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Demolishes Another Church, Sparking Fears Of Campaign Against Christianity by obafemee80(m): 7:33pm On Jan 11, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4GNtHFLnz4

Authorities in northern China have demolished another church, sparking fears that the officially atheist Communist Party may be enforcing a campaign against Christianity.

The Golden Lampstand, a well-known evangelical megachurch in the city of Linfen, Shanxi province, was dramatically demolished with explosives on Tuesday.

According to witnesses, a large team of People’s Armed Police and local officials detonated dynamite inside the building before using cranes and bulldozers to reduce it to rubble, reported The Guardian.

Officials in China demolished another church on Tuesday, sparking fear that the country may be implementing a crackdown on Christianity. China Aid

China Aid, a Texas-based Christian human rights organization, confirmed the demolition in a statement online.

“China’s military police has been under the direct control of the central government since the head of the public security bureau, which previously commanded it, was arrested last year. This indicates that the order to destroy the church came from China’s top officials instead of the less-powerful local authorities,” the statement read.

Golden Lampstand Church has had a long history of tension with the communist government dating back to when it was built in 2009.

Congregation members were beaten by 400 officials during an incident in September 2009, which resulted in church leaders receiving lengthy prison sentences on nonsense charges such as assembling a crowd to disrupt traffic and illegally occupying agricultural land, according to the statement.

“I think this might be a new pattern against any independent house churches with an existing building or intention to build one,” Bob Fu, founder of China Aid told The Guardian.

“It also could be a prelude to enforcing the new regulation on religious affairs that will take effect in February,” he added.

This is the second time in the past month that a church has been demolished in the area. Last December, the only Catholic Church in Zhifang, a village near Shaanxi, was destroyed for no apparent reason, 20 years after it opened, according to Asia News.

At the time, Catholics in the area took to social media to post pictures of the demolition alongside papers proving the church’s permanent permits to occupy the land.

Although freedom of religion is an established right in China, local authorities use rigid laws and legal loopholes to attack smaller congregations.

Under rigid laws in China, any religious groups must be registered with local authorities. The Golden Lampstand was an unregistered independent church opened by an evangelist couple who served a congregation of over 50,000 people.

I feel China doesn't like Christianity and Islam
What do you think?

Source https://www.yahoo.com/news/china-demolishes-another-church-sparking-133032874.html

Guardian

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: China Demolishes Another Church, Sparking Fears Of Campaign Against Christianity by RoyalBlak007: 7:37pm On Jan 11, 2018
This is
terrible
Re: China Demolishes Another Church, Sparking Fears Of Campaign Against Christianity by Fegelfire: 7:38pm On Jan 11, 2018
China demolishes anything that threatens state authority.

A religious movement in the 90s called "Falun Gong" was violently cracked down upon because the ruling party (I refuse to call them "communist" because they are NOT, even they acknowledge that now) thought that it was threatening their absolute control over the chinese state.

1 Like

Re: China Demolishes Another Church, Sparking Fears Of Campaign Against Christianity by Evablizin(f): 8:09pm On Jan 11, 2018
No matter what the enemies are doing,the gate of hell shall not prevail against the church of God

1 Like

Re: China Demolishes Another Church, Sparking Fears Of Campaign Against Christianity by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 11, 2018
Atheist keep proving over and over that they are the worst kind of oppressors. Ask Albania, North Korea and now China. But they don't know one thing Persecution is the fuel of Christianity!
Re: China Demolishes Another Church, Sparking Fears Of Campaign Against Christianity by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 11, 2018
obafemee80:
Congregation members were beaten by 400 officials during an incident in September 2009, which resulted in church leaders receiving lengthy prison sentences on nonsense charges such as assembling a crowd to disrupt traffic and illegally occupying agricultural land, according to the statement.
Just Imagine these Atheists-very wicked and bitter people.
Re: China Demolishes Another Church, Sparking Fears Of Campaign Against Christianity by lordm(m): 8:31pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hmm. Why do I feel suicidal, please help
Re: China Demolishes Another Church, Sparking Fears Of Campaign Against Christianity by CuteMadridista: 8:45pm On Jan 11, 2018
lordm:
Hmm. Why do I feel suicidal, please help
talk to me
Re: China Demolishes Another Church, Sparking Fears Of Campaign Against Christianity by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:50pm On Jan 11, 2018
If una like criticize China,but if I am given an opportunity to go to China I would go.We all know China is a communist nation if you don't accept Buddhism you rest.
Re: China Demolishes Another Church, Sparking Fears Of Campaign Against Christianity by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:54pm On Jan 11, 2018
Mirand606:
Atheist keep proving over and over that they are the worst kind of oppressors. Ask Albania, North Korea and now China. But they don't know one thing Persecution is the fuel of Christianity!
It is more than atheism China is a communist nation and would not tolerate what can threaten state authority be it Religion or democracy.
Re: China Demolishes Another Church, Sparking Fears Of Campaign Against Christianity by lordm(m): 9:17pm On Jan 11, 2018
CuteMadridista:

talk to me
boss 07038035089 whatsapp only
Re: China Demolishes Another Church, Sparking Fears Of Campaign Against Christianity by Fegelfire: 9:35pm On Jan 11, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
It is more than atheism China is a communist nation and would not tolerate what can threaten state authority be it Religion or democracy.

China is not a communist nation. Not even the government continues to lie that it is communist. Please do not spread misinformation.

Mirand606:

What about the 9 Islamic countries that punish atheism ("blasphemy" . ) with execution? Tell me, is ISIS an atheist organisation? The Christian colonial empires, were they atheist? If anything, atheism is what tends to appear as the ideology of the oppressed, not the oppressors.

This has nothing to do with atheism and everything to do with state control. Saudi Arabia employs the exact same tactics, except it expresses it through religion instead (e.g. anti non-muslim, anti-shia, pro-saudi wahhabism).
Re: China Demolishes Another Church, Sparking Fears Of Campaign Against Christianity by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:14pm On Jan 11, 2018
Fegelfire:

China is not a communist nation. Not even the government continues to lie that it is communist. Please do not spread misinformation.

What about the 9 Islamic countries that punish atheism ("blasphemy" . ) with execution? Tell me, is ISIS an atheist organisation? The Christian colonial empires, were they atheist? If anything, atheism is what tends to appear as the ideology of the oppressed, not the oppressors.

This has nothing to do with atheism and everything to do with state control. Saudi Arabia employs the exact same tactics, except it expresses it through religion instead (e.g. anti non-muslim, anti-shia, pro-saudi wahhabism).
What I know is that it is communist and frowns at democracy or anything from the west.

(1) (Reply)

Interpretations Of The Bible. Bible Scholars Let's Talk. / Things Christains Says When They Know They Are Losing The Argument / Shape Of The Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.