Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,998 members, 7,814,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba (42669 Views)

Another Church Member Exposes Tb Joshua's Dirty Secrets... A Must Watch / MFM Church Bride Weds Without Makeup, Rocks Makeup At Reception / Social Distancing At MFM Church In Aba Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Loveth160: 1:08pm On Nov 29, 2023
Friends and family members of a man whose wedding was cancelled in Aba, Abia State by his church, have praised his courage for going ahead with the wedding, in another church.

The man, Mr Israel Kennedy, was to wed his wife, former Miss Rose, in an Assemblies of God Church at 158 Ikot Ekpene road in Aba, but the wedding was cancelled because the wife-to-be was discovered to be pregnant, by the church, a few hours to the wedding.

This made the board of the church to cancel the wedding in accordance with the laws establishing the church which totally forbids pregnancy before marriage.

Israel Kennedy and his lover were also suspended and fined by the church for defaulting in the church’s law.

The cancellation left the couple and their guests disappointed as they had already spent a huge amount of money to prepare for the wedding and reception.

But supported by his friends, family members and his in-laws, Mr Kennedy and his wife got a new church in the Enyimba city where they were joined together as husband and wife.

The new church (name withheld) agreed to wed the man and his wife based on its own constitution.

The church weds such couples once the traditional marriage rites have been completely performed.

According to a friend of the couple, Uche Simeon, the man and his wife are now happy that they have become husband and wife.

The embarrassment of last Sunday has been wiped away and they are not even bothered about any more sanctions from their original church.”

https://.ng/2023/11/29/couple-whose-wedding-was-cancelled-over-pregnancy-weds-in-another-church/

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by thorpido(m): 1:15pm On Nov 29, 2023
The Church rule is to put the horse before the cart.
Do the right thing and every other thing can follow.
linearity:

Meaningless Church rule!

There are no mention of church wedding any where in the Bible, none of the early Christians practiced it in the Bible, it is a blindly copy and paste Whiteman tradition.

The role of the Church should be to bring the couples before God, pray and bless them after it has been confirmed that the traditional marriage rites has been completed!
Unfortunately you are ignorant.
There are places in Nigeria where the traditional marriage will not be conducted if the bride is pregnant!Rules are rules!!

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by LadyRosa2(f): 1:22pm On Nov 29, 2023
grin

But they ought to have followed the church's rules.
Thats why I love Catholic Church, your wife fit wear gown today, enter labour room tomorrow. cheesy

Although its not encouraged to get pregnant before marriage, but the Catholic Church will still wed you,so as to discourage a " change of plans" that might hurt the pregnant woman and child tomorrow.

132 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by TechCapon(m): 1:24pm On Nov 29, 2023
grin

You have decided to be a slave to your pastor and church so take whatever embarrassment they give you. As for me, I'm not a slave to any pastor and I won't place myself in a situation where a person will embarrass me in the name of church. Is church marriage compulsory?

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Dididrumz(m): 1:24pm On Nov 29, 2023
Simple.

No need for plenty talks.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by chiefolododo(m): 1:24pm On Nov 29, 2023
You don't just join people together, it's pure evil

4 Likes

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by atobs4real(m): 1:24pm On Nov 29, 2023
Good one.
May Nigerian church not kill us

7 Likes

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by mannobi(m): 1:24pm On Nov 29, 2023
The overbearing tendency of some of these churches is too much. Who told them that marriages conducted in the church is the certificate to peaceful home?

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Mosba: 1:24pm On Nov 29, 2023
Mother Mary self no wed before pregnant, why did pastor rejected them

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by LilSfc(m): 1:24pm On Nov 29, 2023
Like if this is something that you can try

3 Likes

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by atobs4real(m): 1:24pm On Nov 29, 2023
Good one.
Wahala of religion is too much to bear sometimes especially Africa

8 Likes

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Donaldoni: 1:25pm On Nov 29, 2023
k
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by atobs4real(m): 1:25pm On Nov 29, 2023
Good one.
Backwardness is always the answer for Africa. Why?

I don't know.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by kingar(m): 1:25pm On Nov 29, 2023
You see traditional marriage and court wedding.
Thats all we need, church wedding is just waste of funds and sometimes inviting unnecessary problems

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Judolisco(m): 1:25pm On Nov 29, 2023
In Anglican communion you'll be scolded, but you will definitely get wedded.... ..dem nack and belle show, everybody dey sin, but God still dey forgive us

others nack belle no show or dem use protection and you'll still wed them

Note:ino dey encourage nacking outside wedlock oh.. Virginity test for both male and female would have been ideal

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by peteregwu(m): 1:26pm On Nov 29, 2023
The point is why was there marriage canceled? But I have no interest on that but if it was because of pregnancy before marriage or sex before marriage and they found out, the church did the right thing. No regret! No be one person wey leave church go make church fall.

15 Likes

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by atobs4real(m): 1:26pm On Nov 29, 2023
Good one.

I don't know.
Waiting to destroy another person's destiny all because of church .
Christ is not like that.
He is a merciful God

2 Likes

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Rexymania(m): 1:26pm On Nov 29, 2023
Woru woru to the answer
Judge not so that you won't be judged. The question is, is wedding biblical? Christians like garbage in garbage out

2 Likes

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by ZKOSOSO(m): 1:26pm On Nov 29, 2023
Church wahala
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Dsparker(f): 1:26pm On Nov 29, 2023
That is not right. So long as the traditional rites have been done then they are married..... Moreover cancelling it few hours to the wedding.....that is appalling. They would have gone ahead even if it outside the church and then privately take actions.

9 Likes

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Chidozie4847(m): 1:27pm On Nov 29, 2023
Like assemblies of God like the apostolic church.this two church has the same doctrine.if u get pregnant before marriage no wedding and u will be given back seat and suspended from church activities for some time

3 Likes

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by ADBA3005(m): 1:27pm On Nov 29, 2023
God bless their union!
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by easyfem(m): 1:27pm On Nov 29, 2023
let he without the sin cast the stone

infact important thing in wedding is parent prayer , the rest na over do

1 Like

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Roboto11: 1:27pm On Nov 29, 2023
Church or Cult?
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by atobs4real(m): 1:27pm On Nov 29, 2023
Good one.

I don't know.
Christ is not like that.
He is a merciful God.
Thank God they used their senses and do the bond.
If not that church would have collapsed their fruitful union and relationship

1 Like

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by jonadaft: 1:27pm On Nov 29, 2023
GOD BLESS THE PASTOR THAT SENT THOSE IRRESPONSIBLE WAYWARD FORNICATORS AWAY.
THE CHURCH OR MOSQUE SHOULD NEVER BE A PLACE WHERE NONSENSE AND IMMORALITY IS CONDONE.

Our society can never get better if we keep tolerating NONSENSE.
WE ONLY GOT TO THIS POINT BECAUSE WE HAVE SO MANY BASTARDS IN THE SOCIETY AND BASTARDS ARE FOND OF CAUSING MENACE TO THE SOCIETY.
THE NAME FOR CHILDREN BORN OUT OF WEDLOCK HAVE NEVER CHANGED, WE STILL CALL THEM BASTARDS.

It should be a big shame on any parent whose daughter is not marrying as a virgin, not talk of getting pregnant.
Such girl and parents don't deserve bride price.
BRIDE PRICE IS A TRADITIONAL THING AND ONLY TO BE PAID ON VIRGINS.

IF I WERE A FATHER AND MY DAUGHTER DOES THIS, SHAME AND PRINCIPLE WILL NOT EVEN ALLOW ME ATTEND THE WEDDING, BUT UNFORTUNATELY, THIS GENERATION IS FILLED WITH IRRESPONSIBLE OLD FOOL ADULTS AND PARENTS.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Rich4god(m): 1:27pm On Nov 29, 2023
If it's the law of the Church not to get pregnant before wedding, then there is no big deal here.
The church is right in cancelling the wedding.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by jonadaft: 1:28pm On Nov 29, 2023
atobs4real:
Good one.

I don't know.
Christ is not like that.
He is a merciful God.
Thank God they used their senses and do the bond.
If not that church would have collapsed their fruitful union and relationship
HYPOCRITES

Will you like your daughter to marry as virgin or a WH0RE

You are just posting the same nonsense multiple time.
Only you, about 6 comments, SENSE DEY PAIN U??

4 Likes

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Dennisochampa: 1:28pm On Nov 29, 2023
Make sense....
Children are blessings...
Marriage is a blessing...
God no deh only one church...
He dey everywhere...
As long as the couples are happy, then may God bless their marriage...
I'm sure that the pastor that refused to Wed them wasn't a virgin before he got married and most likely didn't marry a virgin...
Let he who is without sin be the first to cast a stone....
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Lee99: 1:28pm On Nov 29, 2023
Meanwhile people are still fornicating in that church, hypocrites everywhere, the pastor will be pained...
Must you even marry in the church? What happened to court wedding?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" / We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe / Pastor Mike David Threatens To Expose Apostle Suleiman Over Stephanie Otobo Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.