Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

A Letter To The Heavens. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Letter To The Heavens. (418 Views)

COVID-19 - A Letter To The UK From Italy: This Is What We Know About Your Future / A Letter From An Aborted Baby / Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Letter To The Heavens. by Derajoyce(f): 8:55pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hey Daddy,

It’s me again, your daughter from eastern Nigeria.

First of all, I am deeply grateful for the gift of life, an additional year, family and daily provisions. I can’t begin to express how thankful I am; for I know without you none of these would be possible.

Father, we need to talk. I know you’ve always said, you will not let me go through anything I cannot handle. (1 Corinthians 10:13) Forgive me in advance because I’m about to get real with you. I’m writing you this letter, sweating profusely thanks to the epileptic nature of electricity in this part of the universe and I bet you already know the numberless challenges I face living here but we would talk about this choice for my origin some other time.

I’m anxious Dad, really anxious about my future, I know you said I shouldn’t worry about anything (Philippians 4:6-7) because you’ve got it figured out. Yet, I’m confused sometimes at the turn of events; one minute I think it’s a lucky break, the next minute I'm right back to being confused all over again.
Do you know how hard it is to answer your surname out here? Most times, I try not to let people know that you’re my Father, I just tell them you’re someone I have heard of.

Please explain to me why your other kids who disregard you fearlessly seem to thrive? No really, talk to me, Lord. Ok granted, you’re so benevolent but when is it going to be my turn? How long must I wait?

I know I missed most of our meetings especially those scheduled early in the morning and evenings, including our dates during weekends and mid-days. In my defence, I'm stressed! Perhaps, if you would pick up my calls and ask Gabriel or Michael to run those errands, we won't be here. Or just speak Lord, one word is enough. Nothing is too hard for you. (Jeremiah 32:27)
I’m whining, right? I can hear myself nag and I’m sorry.

Yesterday I read the little book you gave me; I smiled at all the beautiful things you promised me.
I love how you say you will fight for me in every situation and all I have to do is do nothing. (Exodus 14:14) But, it’s hard to do nothing, have you listened to the news? Do you read the statistics? It’s scary. I know, it doesn’t matter, at least not in my case. (Deuteronomy 31:cool

Do you remember the plan you talked about? There one to give me the future I hope for. (Jeremiah 29:11) I’m going to need to see your schedule for my life, come on Dad, why don’t you just show me exactly how things would turn out, so I don’t waste my time worrying and debating which way to turn.

Oh, I almost forgot, I paid my tithe last Sunday. We have a deal, don’t forget. (Malachi 3:10)
“Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.”
Your words Dad, all yours.

These days, I enjoy looking at the sky especially at night; it reminds me of how unfathomable you are. Do you want to know something weird? I attempted counting the bundle of hairs on my hairbrush this morning, and I couldn’t. How is it that you know the number of hairs on my head? (Luke 12:7) Gracious Father, you’re indeed awesome.

I have decided to stop postponing our meetings and dates and fix our relationship because I want you back full time in my life. I tried using my initiatives, I failed wholly. (1 Corinthians 3:19)

I promise to show up and take out quality time for us. I will listen to your words and read the precious book you left for me. Please help me when I’m down, do not misinterpret my shortcomings for disownment. The last thing I’d do is turn my back on you.
Please help me drop all these bad habits I have, there are so many. Teach me to be just as you are. (Psalm 143:10)

Remind me to trust you completely even when I don’t understand how things would turn out. (Mark 11:22) Even if you have to force me to stop thinking but don’t let my wisdom block your blessings from reaching me.

Remind me of your constant love, just as you have always done. Teach me how to love and give to others as freely as you have given me. Bless me with incredible ideas on how to make the lives of everyone around me better.
By the way, I see you already read my wish list, I have already started receiving my packages. THANK YOU, DADDY.

I know you love me more than I will ever understand.

I love you too Dad.
Your Daughter.

http://jaysmind.com.ng/2018/01/11/a-letter-to-the-heavens/

(1) (Reply)

Demons (Village People) - Poetry / 5 Signs Nowadays Guys Are Animals / How Do I Raise My Daughter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.