Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa (27751 Views)

Martine Moise: Injured Widow Of Slain President Returns To Haiti / Moïse: 2 Americans, Others Arrested For The Assassination Of Haiti's President / Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by xynerise: 7:33am On Jan 12, 2018
He is absolutely right about Africa, especially Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Adebowale89(m): 7:34am On Jan 12, 2018
I watched one interview yesterday. a young man was interviewing one old man asking if the increase in PMS would bring solution to shortage of fuel scarcity. the man said what has the past increase done to solve fuel scarcity

he said we youth ain't ready, if you youths are ready, you won't go and bring an old man that suppose to be resting in his village to come and rule over you and you expect him to perform

that was really a big slap on Nigeria youths, we need to get it right this time, 2019 is at the corner, do the politics and don't just talk the politics

average Nigerian youths belong to no party with party recognise card, na just on keyboard they see theirselves as party members

do the politics, that's how to reduce this godfatherism, kingmaker nonsense and eradicate the influence of this elites politicians in order to embrace the development of Nigeria
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Galaticos444: 7:37am On Jan 12, 2018
Yoruba Muslims will surely come here and masturbate on dis topic.trump is d only President in modern history dats criticise 4 fulfilling his electoral promises.i wish President Buhari had fulfilled his 1dollar to 1naira promise he made while deceiving d 95%
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by planetx: 7:39am On Jan 12, 2018
damola1:
Fool. Your first black president was from Kenya.
He was not from Kenya but a native born from Hawaii. And to think some NLanders were defending Trump the last time he made disparaging remarks saying it was a ploy by CNN to discredit him shows they dont know the racial history of Trump.

This was a man who lead a campaign to unjustly lock up five black young men who were falsely accused of raping a white woman in a case know as the New York "central park five". A man that was fined by the government several times for refusing to rent his apartments in New York to blacks and minorities. Not that I disagree with his assertion of Africa and Haiti being shitholes.
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Lucasbalo(m): 7:40am On Jan 12, 2018
VIPERVENOM:
This is the same man that called The people of the state of Alabama bunch of loosers. The same man thar threw toilet paper at hurricane victims, he slut-shammed a senator, he called the white house dump. He constantly insults africans & yet some ppl here still support him. Wait until he insults ur family na.
If that bigoted piece of a*s wipe send a drone to wipe out their villages and kill off their whole family, the Braindead fooools will still hail him as the greatest man after Jesus Christ. That's how you know people with charred brains .

2 Likes

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by chronique(m): 7:40am On Jan 12, 2018
Let's be factual here. We are criticizing Trump out of emotions and sentiments. The way Africans see Somalia as a useless country not worthy of living in,that's how the average white sees Africa. Africa has a lot of good brains who have excelled in the US and other countries,and are still moving forward. But when you comapare them with the ones who are useless and constitute a nuisance wherever they are, it becomes a sad thing. If I were a foreigner, and I keep hearing about the kind of things that comes out of Africa (Nigeria to be precise), I would almost certainly think same way. Truth is that we are living abnormally in Nigeria and Africa bit we do not know it because we are already used to this kind of life. When African leaders and their citizens decide to sit up and do the right thing, they'd begin to earn respect for themselves. Nigeria is a perfect example or what a nation should never be.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by KAYD007(m): 7:46am On Jan 12, 2018
Excuse me but if you ask the people that actually live in these countries.... 98% of them would agree with Trump ! Trump wins again!

Haiti is such a mess that it's neighbor, the Dominican Republic guards its borders to keep them out.

isn't that a definition of shithole?

Trump calls it the way it is with no politically correct filters. The truth sometimes hurts. If those countries Trump was referring to were so great we would see immigrants running there instead of here. Get over it. Trump is Trump.

The Liberals can eff off! angry

6 Likes

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Axiwaju(m): 7:46am On Jan 12, 2018
kodded:
but he's saying the damm truth undecided

modified:
imagine a president pumping billions into aso rock clinic, yet run to Europe once he get sick

imagine a minister of education sending his children to school abroad

imagine millions risking their life just to cross the sea to Europe and work as a slave embarassed

.....whether you believe it or not, it doesn't change the fact that Africa is a 'shithole'
i totally agree
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by planetx: 7:46am On Jan 12, 2018
ewebiodun:
Forget ur american dream. Canada is more than willing to accept u. Many immigrants in the US have migrated to Canada
Canada will soon start having a hardline immigration policy after we have started flooding the place, 90% of everyone that I know that traveled in the last couple of years went to Canada.
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Chemist009(m): 7:47am On Jan 12, 2018
It's just a pity ..... almost moved to tears���. When will our predicament as a people end? Must we forever out of cowardice watch generations upon generations of our lineage perish because of senseless,wicked,and devilish imbeciles who call themselves our leaders? All I can do now is weep,but deep down
I still feel maybe,just maybe there is light at d end of this labyrinth tunnel afterall!
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Axiwaju(m): 7:49am On Jan 12, 2018
chronique:
Let's be factual here. We are criticizing Trump out of emotions and sentiments. The way Africans see Somalia as a useless country not worthy of living in,that's how the average white sees Africa. Africa has a lot of good brains who have excelled in the US and other countries,and are still moving forward. But when you comapare them with the ones who are useless and constitute a nuisance wherever they are, it becomes a sad thing. If I were a foreigner, and I keep hearing about the kind of things that comes out of Africa (Nigeria to be precise), I would almost certainly think same way. Truth is that we are living abnormally in Nigeria and Africa bit we do not know it because we are already used to this kind of life. When African leaders and their citizens decide to sit up and do the right thing, they'd begin to earn respect for themselves. Nigeria is a perfect example or what a nation should never be.
They'l Criticize U
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by InvertedHammer: 7:54am On Jan 12, 2018
Luukasz:
And some Africans keep supporting this white folks the fact is they see Africans as sh!t. Africans are nothing to them thats why I do SMH when I see our people making a fuss about the white folk who only see them as worthless

White folks?

Africans see Africans as sh!t.

Take a look at South Africa, Benue, Taraba, Borno. African lives ain't worth sh!t to Africans.

I guess it hurts more because Trump said it.

/

5 Likes

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Lumig: 7:54am On Jan 12, 2018
Kei144:

President Trump on Thursday balked at an immigration deal that would include protections for people from Haiti and some nations in Africa, demanding to know at a White House meeting why he should accept immigrants from “shithole countries” rather than from places like Norway, according to people with direct knowledge of the conversation.

Mr. Trump’s remarks, the latest example of his penchant for racially tinged remarks denigrating immigrants, left members of Congress from both parties attending the meeting in the Cabinet Room alarmed and mystified. He made them during a discussion of an emerging bipartisan deal to give legal status to immigrants illegally brought to the United States as children, those with knowledge of the conversation said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss the meeting.

When Mr. Trump heard that Haitians were among those who would benefit from the proposed deal, he asked whether they could be left out of the plan, asking, “Why do we want people from Haiti here?”

The comments were reminiscent of ones the president made last year in an Oval Office meeting with cabinet officials and administration aides, during which he complained about admitting Haitians to the country, saying that they all had AIDS, as well as Nigerians, who he said would never go back to their “huts,” according to officials who heard the statements in person or were briefed on the remarks by people who had. The White House vehemently denied last month that Mr. Trump made those remarks.

In a written statement, Raj Shah, the White House deputy press secretary, did not deny the account of the meeting on Thursday or directly address Mr. Trump’s comments.

“Certain Washington politicians choose to fight for foreign countries, but President Trump will always fight for the American people,” Mr. Shah said. “Like other nations that have merit-based immigration, President Trump is fighting for permanent solutions that make our country stronger by welcoming those who can contribute to our society, grow our economy and assimilate into our great nation.”

But the president’s vulgar language on a delicate issue left the fate of the broader immigration debate in limbo and had the potential to torpedo the chances of achieving the deal being sought to protect about 800,000 undocumented immigrants brought to the country as children. And they drew a backlash from Republican and Democratic lawmakers, many of whom called Mr. Trump’s utterances unacceptable at best and plainly racist at worst.

Representative Mia Love, a Republican of Utah who is of Haitian descent, demanded an apology from the president, saying his comments were “unkind, divisive, elitist, and fly in the face of our nation’s values.”

“This behavior is unacceptable from the leader of our nation,” Ms. Love went on in an emotional statement that noted her heritage and that said her parents “never took a thing” from the government while achieving the American dream. “The president must apologize to both the American people and the nations he so wantonly maligned.”

“As an American, I am ashamed of the president,” said Representative Luis V. Gutiérrez, Democrat of Illinois. “His comments are disappointing, unbelievable, but not surprising.” He added, we can now “say with 100 percent confidence that the president is a racist who does not share the values enshrined in our Constitution or Declaration of Independence.”

The reactions were extraordinary bipartisan rebukes to a sitting president, but they only fanned what has been a long-simmering debate over Mr. Trump’s views and talk on race.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/11/us/politics/trump-shithole-countries.html
As much as I want to get angry and throw punches back at Trump, what I see, hear and experience all around me here in Nigeria, even Africa as a whole are not agreeing with me. Sorry to say this, Africa is at bottom of the world, it's a shithole. I agree with him

6 Likes

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by chronique(m): 7:56am On Jan 12, 2018
Axiwaju:

They'l Criticize U

I'm used to seeing Nigerians argue irrationally and unintelligently and as such,won't be surprised if they do.

1 Like

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Toks2008(m): 8:00am On Jan 12, 2018
Love or hate him,I will always respect him because he is real. A rare trait only Geminis have.

1 Like

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 12, 2018
Trump is right,African countries are shitholes. Their governments won't improve power,health,transport and education systems. Their people run to America for a better life.... Who the fucck built America? Thieving leaders?
Donald Trump should send all illegal residents home.

4 Likes

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by pretty16(f): 8:06am On Jan 12, 2018
RealJaneDoe:
“We must recognize the full human equality of all of our people before God, before the law, and in the councils of government. We must do this, not because it is economically advantageous, although it is; not because of the laws of God command it, although they do; not because people in other lands wish it so. We must do it for the single and fundamental reason that it is the right thing to do.” - Robert F. Kennedy, June 6, 1966
“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” - President Donald Trump, January 11, 2018
Also trump
If ivanka wasn't my daughter I'd fuckkkk her

Still trump

Grab em by the pussssy

This racist misogynist narcissistic retarded dotard should just STFU

And its so unfortunate that the ppl he says are from sh*t hole countries are the ones who the government still take their taxes and develop their economy. And Americans opened their eyes and voted him, even after Hilary Clinton's warning during their debate. Quite unfortunate. My jaws dropped last night when I was watching CNN and he made that statement.
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Ikebesupa(m): 8:06am On Jan 12, 2018
humilitypays:
Anything that will make Africans wake up and have sense is welcomed!

We Africans need to wake up and surprise the world like China.

Nigeria ought to lead that way...Nigeria need to lead other black African nations to light and let the world celebrate us for once cry cry

Don't blame Trump, if u were in his shoes, u would hate Africans, everything about Africa is bad.
We and MiddleEast are now the headquarters of barbarism; from Islamic terrorists from Middle east, north Africa, and Nigeria (Book Haram & Fulani herdsmen), to political corruption, government looting, tribalism, ethnic cleansing, generational poverty and what have you.

What good is Africa to the rest of the world

We flood Europe, America, etc, thereby destabilizing their economy instead of fighting our useless governments to fix our nations and make our nations okay for us to stay back, we prefer to flee from our problem only to come back to them later, its a shame
... I hope you are in Nigeria typing this if not, I have nothing to say
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by john650(m): 8:07am On Jan 12, 2018
Rextayne:
This corn head bastard. he's a disgrace to america and not worthy to be a president!
I don't know what it would take for the US Congress to come together and decide that this man is no good for America and remove him.

Forget about Mueller's investigation about Trump's collusion with Russia to win the presidency. This man is uniquely unqualified to be a leader of any country and every passing day he remains in that position diminishes America's standing in the world.

1 Like

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Ikebesupa(m): 8:19am On Jan 12, 2018
john650:

I don't know what it would take for the US Congress to come together and decide that this man is no good for America and remove him.

Forget about Mueller's investigation about Trump's collusion with Russia to win the presidency. This man is uniquely unqualified to be a leader of any country and every passing day he remains in that position diminishes America's standing in the world.
a typical Nigerian talking here. I wish you'd be saying this about that ENTITY you have here in Nigeria as a president. Leave America and their government alone! The man is just been very truthful about we Africans.. I'm really sorry for Nigeria!! God bless you Fela

2 Likes

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by kollinpowel(m): 8:21am On Jan 12, 2018
The large mouth keeps shouting MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN with who will he make it great again?
Is it with the lazy spoilt white or with the shithole migrants whom are serving you just for their survival. Trump abeg get small sense.
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Shaev7(m): 8:23am On Jan 12, 2018
kodded:
but he's saying the damm truth undecided

modified:
imagine a president pumping billions into aso rock clinic, yet run to Europe once he get sick

imagine a minister of education sending his children to school abroad

imagine millions risking their life just to cross the sea to Europe and work as a slave embarassed

.....whether you believe it or not, it doesn't change the fact that Africa is a 'shithole'
WORDS! Factual. Africans must repair their continent by themselves. Let them continue looting and banking the money in Western world, at the end who loose?
Real Shithole...
Stupid African Leaders!

2 Likes

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Penalty82(m): 8:23am On Jan 12, 2018
Rextayne:
This corn head bastard. he's a disgrace to america and not worthy to be a president!
What about Buhari that told the whole world that Nigerians are criminals.
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Amoto94(m): 8:24am On Jan 12, 2018
Trump is right on this one and this is why I'm doing my bit to see Nigeria become a great nation and we all must key into this project.
God bless Nigeria and men of goodwill.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by ositadima1(m): 8:26am On Jan 12, 2018
chronique:

You write well and you made a whole lot of sense, but, use paragraphs next time, it is easier to read.

1 Like

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Ikebesupa(m): 8:27am On Jan 12, 2018
kollinpowel:
The large mouth keeps shouting MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN with who will he make it great again?
Is it with the lazy spoilt white or with the shithole migrants whom are serving you just for their survival. Trump abeg get small sense.
see them and survival spirit. Smh! Why this mentality that you can't survive in your own Country? Someone rightfully said, we Africans flee our countries because of the trouble but we later come back to the same trouble later at the long run. I'm really sorry for Nigeria! God bless you Fela

1 Like

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Somebodydaddy01: 8:28am On Jan 12, 2018
wickedboi:
NY Times?!!!
Fake News

It’s not a fake news bro......if yuh have someone over there ....ask them
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by dallyemmy: 8:35am On Jan 12, 2018
WE CAN MAKE OUR COUNTRY A GLORIOUS PLACE! YES WE CAN!
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by able20(m): 8:37am On Jan 12, 2018
Because Africans especially Nigerians believe that they must travel out of their country to be successful. Anything Euro/USA is the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Netherlands Probes 'illegal' Chinese Police Stations / What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained / Ukraine’s Largest Nuclear Power Plant Seized, Russia Informs IAEA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.