Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa (27769 Views)

Martine Moise: Injured Widow Of Slain President Returns To Haiti / Moïse: 2 Americans, Others Arrested For The Assassination Of Haiti's President / Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:33pm On Jan 12, 2018
pretty16:

And its so unfortunate that the ppl he says are from sh*t hole countries are the ones who the government still take their taxes and develop their economy. And Americans opened their eyes and voted him, even after Hilary Clinton's warning during their debate. Quite unfortunate. My jaws dropped last night when I was watching CNN and he made that statement.
he made the statement or CNN said he made the statement
Did Africans think they will enjoy good life without paying for it or do white ppl not pay taxes
You support Hillary so we can turn America to shithole also then where will we run to next, China? No human rights in China o
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:36pm On Jan 12, 2018
Ikebesupa:
... I hope you are in Nigeria typing this if not, I have nothing to say
and what if he is not. Does it make it any less true?
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:37pm On Jan 12, 2018
john650:

I don't know what it would take for the US Congress to come together and decide that this man is no good for America and remove him.
An impeachable offens
And democratic majority
They ain't got shit

Forget about Mueller's investigation about Trump's collusion with Russia to win the presidency. This man is uniquely unqualified to be a leader of any country and every passing day he remains in that position diminishes America's standing in the world.
yet his ppl voted for him.
Democracy not goodocracy

Everyone still wants to come to USA
And need USA money and military
Diminish faya
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:39pm On Jan 12, 2018
kollinpowel:
The large mouth keeps shouting MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN with who will he make it great again?
Is it with the lazy spoilt white or with the shithole migrants whom are serving you just for their survival. Trump abeg get small sense.
whites aren't lazy. Blacks and Browns are. Check your facts.
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:40pm On Jan 12, 2018
Shaev7:

WORDS! Factual. Africans must repair their continent by themselves. Let them continue looting and banking the money in Western world, at the end who loose?
Real Shithole...
Stupid African Leaders!
everything true except leaders ain't stupid. They rich. It's voters that are stupid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:41pm On Jan 12, 2018
Amoto94:
Trump is right on this one and this is why I'm doing my bit to see Nigeria become a great nation and we all must key into this project.
God bless Nigeria and men of goodwill.
what are you doing
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Meti99(m): 8:43pm On Jan 12, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
what did buhari subject Christians to? Pls enlighten us

Don't tell me you are ignorant to the happenings around you. I don't need to enlighten you, Mr, wise up
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 12, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
govt are not supposed to provide power health transport or education, that's private sectors job
And robber barons did actually build America not politicians

When next you quote me kindly make sure your are not under influence. Thank you.
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:47pm On Jan 12, 2018
Guestlander:

No matter the context the president of United States using such a language to describe some other country is reprehensible.
Trump is the sh.it head president, a mistake the U.S will someday have to admit.
why is the truth reprehensible. You prefer lies. No wonder the nation is fuckdd
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Nowenuse: 8:50pm On Jan 12, 2018
WinningSun:

nobody is saying he shouldn't protect their borders. but denigrating other countries and calling Africa a shithole is unpresidential.

they should keep their aids.

We Africans have proven to be a very shameless race. We deserve whatever terrible remarks we get. Afterall, he is not lying. Self respect is earned and not demanded.

Watch how your country goes bankrupt without their aids! I see nothing wrong with what Trump said.
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:50pm On Jan 12, 2018
c733d:

When next you quote me kindly make sure your are not under influence. Thank you.
how did govt provide these things. I dare you to talk so I can disgrace you here. Mumu.don't go and fix your problems be waiting for govt
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:52pm On Jan 12, 2018
Meti99:

Don't tell me you are ignorant to the happenings around you. I don't need to enlighten you, Mr, wise up
aka you don't have any facts
Just opinions
I can also say that buhari is making Nigeria better without providing evidence
It is lazy Christians that are doing themselves go and check properly
Wise up
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Nowenuse: 8:55pm On Jan 12, 2018
ajl:

I feel sorry for you. They have got you finally. I live in the West and I bet you many Nigerians here wish to return home to that shithole. If you think the comfort in western world is everything in life...then until you get there. Many westerners with their so called advanced society live miserable life. Many years ago I met an European who said many people in the West are less happier and that when he travel to countries like Brazil that has sizable population of poor people he does not seem to understand why these poor people who live in abject poverty live a happier life. That all their needs are simple and easily met.

About poor Africans dieing to cross over to the West, until they get there they will realize that most of their expectations are illusion from watching too much Hollywood movies.

If only the government can fix basic amenities, people have no reason to come here except for sightseeing.

Fix basic amenities and tribalism/ethnic hatred and nepotism still runs in the veins of the majority including the leaders themselves. See what is happening in Benue state for instance.

African nations need to split to become more homogenous countries like Europe before we can really progress. Cos it's difficult to bring different people with different ways of reasoning to form one country and make it work.
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Nowenuse: 8:58pm On Jan 12, 2018
swashbuckler84:

I was actually wondering the same thing. I believe nairaland has been infiltrated by non Africans with the things I’m reading. They only comment in Trump threads.

There is no inflitration.
Majority of Africans or should I say Nigerians have lost hope in their countries/continent and would not mind if the country or continent is sold to the highest bidder.
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Nowenuse: 9:01pm On Jan 12, 2018
humilitypays:
The bolded parts of your comment justified the reason why Trump has every right to call Africa a shithole...what are you guys doing in his homeland Why did you flee your country to another man's already made safe heaven where you ran to find life easy; with all basic amenities of life in place....why didn't you and others stay back and lets all bravely face these so called demons in government destroying our nation

Africa remains a shithole to the West and other developed world until we can be able to fix our leadership system and begin to govern ourselves like humans and not like animals as being done in Nigeria now by the current people in government.

Human lives doesn't matter here....the president, governors, senators, etc don't care when an ordinary citizen is killed or murdered in cold blood....we move about like nothing is wrong....murder, i mean gruesome murder everyday in Nigeria being sponsored by same people in government, and you think Nigeria is not a shithole Come on guy, this nation is messed up....we need people to tell us the bitter truth if that will make us wake up and demand the best from our useless politicians.

Gbam! On point.

People like humilitypays are the reasons why Africa remains backward (sorry to say).
We keep on lying to ourselves instead of telling ourselves the truth.
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Guestlander: 9:07pm On Jan 12, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
why is the truth reprehensible. You prefer lies. No wonder the nation is fuckdd

The truth according to Donald Trump? Trump and truth should not be mentioned in the same sentence.

Opinion

DAVID LEONHARDT

Just Say It: Trump Is a Racist

Brenner/The New York Times

By David Leonhardt

Jan. 12, 2018

When it comes to President Trump and race, there is a predictable cycle. He makes a remark that seems racist, and people engage in an extended debate about whether he is personally racist. His critics say he is. His defenders argue for an interpretation in which race plays a secondary role (such as: Haiti really is a worse place to live than Norway).

It’s time to end this cycle.

No one except Trump can know what Trump’s private thoughts or motivations are. But the public record and his behavior are now abundantly clear. Donald Trump treats black people and Latinos differently than he treats white people.

And that makes him a racist.

Is it possible to defend some of his racially charged statements by pointing out that something other than race might explain them? Sure. Is it possible that he doesn’t think of himself as a racist who views white people as superior to nonwhite people? Yes.

But the definition of a racist — the textbook definition, as Paul Ryan might say — is someone who treats some people better than others because of their race. Trump fits that definition many times over:

• Trump’s real-estate company was sued twice by the federal government in the 1970s for discouraging the renting of apartments to African-Americans and preferring white tenants, such as “Jews and executives.”

• In 1989, Trump took out ads in New York newspapers urging the death penalty for five black and Latino teenagers accused of raping a white woman in Central Park; he continued to argue that they were guilty as late as October 2016, more than 10 years after DNA evidence had exonerated them.

• He spent years claiming that the nation’s first black president was born not in the United States but in Africa, an outright lie that Trump still has not acknowledged as such.

• He began his 2016 presidential campaign by disparaging Mexican immigrants as criminals and “rapists.”

• He has retweeted white nationalists without apology.

• He frequently criticizes prominent African-Americans for being unpatriotic, ungrateful and disrespectful.

• He called some of those who marched alongside white supremacists in Charlottesville last August “very fine people.”

• He is quick to highlight crimes committed by dark-skinned people, sometimes exaggerating or lying about it (such as a claim about growing crime from “radical Islamic terror” in Britain). He is very slow to decry hate crimes committed against dark-skinned people (such as the murder of an Indian man in Kansas last year).

• At the White House yesterday, Trump vulgarly called for less immigration from Haiti and Africa and more from Norway

If you think this list is incomplete, email me at Leonhardt@nytimes.com.
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Rossikk(m): 9:17pm On Jan 12, 2018
kodded:
[s][/s]

shut up, if Africa not a shithole, then why are millions running away, why are thousand trying to risk their life just to enter Europe by sea, why are your political leaders and other rich people seeking medical attention in Europe and Asia

You do realise that there are millions more Chinese and Indians in the west than Africans? I guess China and india too are ''shitholes''?

**** How will you know that majority of countries on earth are developing countries, and that the ones you worship make up less than 15% of the world? Wasted education.
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by otswag(m): 9:17pm On Jan 12, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
what has he destroyed. NYSE at record highs,jobs created
he is also not racist. I agree. Whatever you say boss.
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:20pm On Jan 12, 2018
otswag:
he is also not racist. I agree. Whatever you say boss.
no he isn'
He employs immigrants that are QUALIFIED
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:21pm On Jan 12, 2018
Guestlander:

The truth according to Donald Trump? Trump and truth should not be mentioned in the same

Opinion

DAVID LEONHARDT

Just Say It: Trump Is a Racist
so Africa and Haiti are paradise abi.

Brenner/The New York Times

By David Leonhardt

Jan. 12, 2018

When it comes to President Trump and race, there is a predictable cycle. He makes a remark that seems racist, and people engage in an extended debate about whether he is personally racist. His critics say he is. His defenders argue for an interpretation in which race plays a secondary role (such as: Haiti really is a worse place to live than Norway).

It’s time to end this cycle.

No one except Trump can know what Trump’s private thoughts or motivations are. But the public record and his behavior are now abundantly clear. Donald Trump treats black people and Latinos differently than he treats white people.

And that makes him a racist.

Is it possible to defend some of his racially charged statements by pointing out that something other than race might explain them? Sure. Is it possible that he doesn’t think of himself as a racist who views white people as superior to nonwhite people? Yes.

But the definition of a racist — the textbook definition, as Paul Ryan might say — is someone who treats some people better than others because of their race. Trump fits that definition many times over:

• Trump’s real-estate company was sued twice by the federal government in the 1970s for discouraging the renting of apartments to African-Americans and preferring white tenants, such as “Jews and executives.”

• In 1989, Trump took out ads in New York newspapers urging the death penalty for five black and Latino teenagers accused of raping a white woman in Central Park; he continued to argue that they were guilty as late as October 2016, more than 10 years after DNA evidence had exonerated them.

• He spent years claiming that the nation’s first black president was born not in the United States but in Africa, an outright lie that Trump still has not acknowledged as such.

• He began his 2016 presidential campaign by disparaging Mexican immigrants as criminals and “rapists.”

• He has retweeted white nationalists without apology.

• He frequently criticizes prominent African-Americans for being unpatriotic, ungrateful and disrespectful.

• He called some of those who marched alongside white supremacists in Charlottesville last August “very fine people.”

• He is quick to highlight crimes committed by dark-skinned people, sometimes exaggerating or lying about it (such as a claim about growing crime from “radical Islamic terror” in Britain). He is very slow to decry hate crimes committed against dark-skinned people (such as the murder of an Indian man in Kansas last year).

• At the White House yesterday, Trump vulgarly called for less immigration from Haiti and Africa and more from Norway

If you think this list is incomplete, email me at Leonhardt@nytimes.com.

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Rossikk(m): 9:29pm On Jan 12, 2018
Nowenuse:

There is no inflitration.
Majority of Africans or should I say Nigerians have lost hope in their countries/continent and would not mind if the country or continent is sold to the highest bidder.

If they have ''lost hope'' it is because they are stupid and ignorant, and colonised. They also ''lost hope'' which is why they've been bleaching their skins since the time of colonialism. No, their problem is racial inferiority complex. The Nigerians who crossed the desert to Libya, are typical, dumb and stupid Nigerians. The believe that white or light skinned people are superior beings, and would not hurt or mistreat them. That is why they went into Libya, a place that is at WAR. They then got enslaved there, and got suprised that the 'white people' they worshipped, hate them. On TV they showed Libya returnees in Nigeria WARNING intending Nigerian ''desert fleers'' not to do it. ''Stay here and continue your business''', they advised. But will the dullards listen? Afterall the people in Libya are 'white' and therefore, Libya must be ''better'' than Nigeria.

In fact if Syria or Afghanistan were on their route, these dullards would still go and live or pass through there, because the people there have light skin colour and must therefore be ''better'' than Nigeria. But tell them to cross through Rwanda or DRC and they will say ''don't you know there is war there? No way!"'......Cursed people.

1 Like

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by AFONJAPIG(m): 9:30pm On Jan 12, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
wetin happen
You no fit repair Biafra again ni
the useless cowards from west should choose a course grin grin grin
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:36pm On Jan 12, 2018
AFONJAPIG:
the useless cowards from west should choose a course grin grin grin
they have
You're the ones that refuse to do anything but beach and moan
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Rossikk(m): 9:52pm On Jan 12, 2018
calliope:
Donald Trump is right after all. Africa is a "stinky shyte hole". Look at the bad roads, unsteady power supply, corruption, poor education and health systems, high infant mortality rate, child marriage, extreme religious bigotry and hypocrisy, autocratic leadership, discrimination and stigmatization of LGBT+ community/kids, APC & PDP power tussle in Nigeria which is also present in other countries and their political history, subjugation and tribalism, favoritism and nepotism, xenophobic and homophobic killings, and blind religiosity born out of our gullibility.

It is not a crime to be a developing nation. What you call ''shithole''.

In developing nations (which comprise 85% of the countries on earth) things do not work as well as in developed nations.

That is no reason to feel inferior, or to insult the region in question, as a ''shithole''. That is your father's house you are calling a ''shithole''.

The US, UK and co were once developing nations. They weren't always 'advanced'. Go and read Dickens.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by AFONJAPIG(m): 10:00pm On Jan 12, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
they have
You're the ones that refuse to do anything but beach and moan
gerrout of here they don't a course
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 12, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
how did govt provide these things. I dare you to talk so I can disgrace you here. Mumu.don't go and fix your problems be waiting for govt

Obviously narcotics rule over your poor soul. Open a thread here and ask for help,maybe nairaland.com members can fund your rehab trip.
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Rossikk(m): 10:01pm On Jan 12, 2018
Nowenuse:

We Africans have proven to be a very shameless race. We deserve whatever terrible remarks we get. Afterall, he is not lying. Self respect is earned and not demanded.

Watch how your country goes bankrupt without their aids! I see nothing wrong with what Trump said.

Foreign 'aid' to Nigeria is less than 0.1% of our GDP. Not that you would know, being an illiterate motorpark dunce.
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Rossikk(m): 10:01pm On Jan 12, 2018
Nowenuse:

Foreign 'aid' to Nigeria is leas than 0.001% of our GDP. Not that you would know, being an illiterate motorpark dunce.

1 Like

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Rossikk(m): 10:07pm On Jan 12, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
whites aren't lazy. Blacks and Browns are. Check your facts.

You are an animal. How many pampered whites can spend 14 hours a day in the market selling or hustling like the majority of ''lazy'' blacks in Nigeria or Africa? Why did the ''hardworking'' whites need to import millions of ''lazy'' Africans as slaves to build America? Worthless, uneducated, ignorant waste of space.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 12, 2018
Nowenuse:

stop seeing yourself as a lower ani.am just because someone said that.
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Rossikk(m): 10:15pm On Jan 12, 2018
ajl:

I feel sorry for you. They have got you finally. I live in the West and I bet you many Nigerians here wish to return home to that shithole. If you think the comfort in western world is everything in life...then until you get there. Many westerners with their so called advanced society live miserable life. Many years ago I met an European who said many people in the West are less happier and that when he travel to countries like Brazil that has sizable population of poor people he does not seem to understand why these poor people who live in abject poverty live a happier life. That all their needs are simple and easily met.

About poor Africans dieing to cross over to the West, until they get there they will realize that most of their expectations are illusion from watching too much Hollywood movies.

If only the government can fix basic amenities, people have no reason to come here except for sightseeing.

Well said.
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Rossikk(m): 10:18pm On Jan 12, 2018
WinningSun:

stop seeing yourself as a lower ani.am just because someone said that.

Do you think he has a working brain? If Trump came in here and said to him ''suck my d*ck with your big nigg'er lips'', he would obey immediately. ''As long as you want, massa!''

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Egypt Devalues Its Pound, Loses Over 50% Against US Dollars / Racist Comments By White Men On Ghana Explosion Pointed Out By Nigerian Man / Donald Trump: "Our Historic Movement Has Only Just Begun"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.