Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Can I Sell My Ideas To Companies? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can I Sell My Ideas To Companies? (2489 Views)

Business Ideas To Start With 50k / My Ideas Are Wasting Away: Please Advice Me! / How Can I Use My Ideas To Make Money Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Sell My Ideas To Companies? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 01, 2007
I have a killer IDEA that can turn in bucks for me and anyone involved with me. But i want to sell the idea to Big Companies like the telecoms and bank sector, but can i sell an idea? can ideas be patented? is there any form of ideas security so they wont come steal my idea use it and drive me away. Comments from everyone please.
Re: Can I Sell My Ideas To Companies? by Seun(m): 11:42am On Mar 02, 2007
First of all, your idea is probably not unique. There may be a reason why no-one is using it today: it may be flawed.

Secondly, I have an idea about how you can sell your idea to companies. Would you like to buy my idea idea?

1 Like

Re: Can I Sell My Ideas To Companies? by Seun(m): 7:21pm On Mar 02, 2007
How can I sell you my idea about how to sell an idea? That is the most important thing! cheesy

You need to get over the percieved wonderfulness of your idea. These days, hardly any idea is unique.
Re: Can I Sell My Ideas To Companies? by nijawise: 8:33pm On Mar 02, 2007
No Idea is new under the sun. My friend package your idea and find a small start to it and get it working yourself. In the first place, who told you the telecom companies lacks idea or are in search of ideas.

Many big timer see you as hungry! You will need a better life to show the big timer something.
Re: Can I Sell My Ideas To Companies? by egoldman(m): 6:43am On Mar 03, 2007
Baba you said you have a killer idea. Well if you believe thats what you have then go for it. Any great idea under the sun was at some point ridiculed by others. If you believe in it, then go for it. All the best.
Re: Can I Sell My Ideas To Companies? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 03, 2007
Seun if we really need to talk one to one then u would be amazed. I aint lying
Re: Can I Sell My Ideas To Companies? by Tmoni(m): 7:50pm On Mar 03, 2007
baba,
thats one thing about life, people would always want to kill your idea b4 you even start off,
try and get in contact with a lawyer about patent rights,
make sure you look through it thoroughly b4 going for a presentation and dress sharp,

the beginning poiny might be an informal meeting with a mid- level staff of the company who can tell you to an extent if your idea would be of use to the company/

all the best
Re: Can I Sell My Ideas To Companies? by inoo(m): 6:41pm On Mar 05, 2007
I have always believed that Selling an idea to a company is very very feasible in Nigeria because evn Professionals /experts/Big Corporation get stuck thkin inside the Box,

If you have a Unique point of View and you see things others have missed because your are thkin outside the box, then you will create a solution of immense value

I am working on an idea too I wish to sell to coy in Nigeria

A frequent problem for companies is the unsolicited ideas submitted to the company by individual  who are not employees of the company. If the idea is rejected and the company comes out with any product arguably related to the idea, the submitter could potentially argue that the idea was stolen.

Unsolicited ideas should be directed to an Intellectual Property lawyer first and protected.

I bliv You have to make sure everything is done relatively professional and seek d counsel of an intellectual property right lawyer at all times

I got one IP Lawyer from a gentleman in this forum

I bliv in sending well drafted proposal to d Oga or CEO of ur target coy.

So Bro GO FOR IT
Re: Can I Sell My Ideas To Companies? by Seun(m): 8:54pm On Mar 05, 2007
I analyse and discard new business ideas every week. Maybe that's why I'm skeptical about your fantastic idea.
Re: Can I Sell My Ideas To Companies? by egoldman(m): 10:31pm On Mar 05, 2007
I analyse and discard new business ideas every week.
oga admin na waaah for u oooh,u only dey analyse and discard ? no one ever looked like it could be good one thats worth trying ? wink wink
Re: Can I Sell My Ideas To Companies? by Seun(m): 6:58am On Mar 07, 2007
Most of them are too capital-intensive. And those that are less risky are usually too boring or time-consuming.
Re: Can I Sell My Ideas To Companies? by tafari(m): 4:18am On Mar 12, 2007
jerrymania, what is the biz idea? share it
Re: Can I Sell My Ideas To Companies? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 12, 2007
@ dat man tafari

U lost road?
Re: Can I Sell My Ideas To Companies? by tafari(m): 8:55pm On Mar 12, 2007
babaearly:

@ that man tafari

U lost road?

you got my point. stop pretending, grin
so what is the biz idea?
Re: Can I Sell My Ideas To Companies? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 13, 2007
tafari:

you got my point. stop pretending, grin
so what is the biz idea?

it really shows that u missed ur way
Re: Can I Sell My Ideas To Companies? by SOJ(m): 7:38pm On Mar 13, 2007
any good idea should be one that can be started with what you have at the moment.dont think companies wnat your idea,rather they prefer one they can invest in to bring returns for them.i advice u start somthin with ur idea then once it gets bigger,approach someone who can invest big in it.otherwise clamup and go watch TV!
Re: Can I Sell My Ideas To Companies? by kinharold(m): 6:41pm On Mar 15, 2007
my friend, what nijawise and soj said is the best and that is wot am telling u. LOOK well inside urself, there is always a little way to start off ur great idea. if u believe so much in the idea, go 4 it.
I am an example. i am a young IT professional with great creativity and intelligence. i have skills and ideas too. at present i work in 2 companies yet i done hav enough mony to finance my ideas. (i do not believe salary can make one rich). i have been looking for sponsors, it is not easy to get somebody to believe in you especially in naija. Believe in URSELF. i believe so much in my ideas that TODAY 15/03, i resigned one of the places i work so as to face my biz. this is my personal website www.goldbergsolutions.com. now am finding it easier to tell people about my ideas, i only refer them to my site and they believe.
I am really in need of financial partners. START SMALL TODAY. i wish u all the best.
Re: Can I Sell My Ideas To Companies? by dafidixone(m): 9:41am On Mar 16, 2007
If you feel your Ideas are unique and highly innovative. Why will you sell it? Don't you need money? start it small. Bill gate did not build Microsoft in a day it was in phases.

Truth might be bitter. Only believe in your self. After sharing your idea with this big Company you are looking at the man will discard it as irrelevant and by the time you see your idea has been reshaped.

If you still feel we are wrong there is no harm in trying.

Good luck Baba.
Re: Can I Sell My Ideas To Companies? by superman(m): 1:03pm On Mar 16, 2007
i second that!
Re: Can I Sell My Ideas To Companies? by popey(m): 7:59am On Mar 26, 2007
Thi is great, i am new to this forum and i am kind of exited reading postings after postings.first of all guys what mkes an idea i good one , i will live that for you guys to think on .I am a broker in miami florida USA and i cultivate new ideas and innovations , i find funding for this ideas once its established as a realistic idea .I am a Nigeria and i have been going to Lagos and back to the US few times every year for market analysis of the Nigerian economy.I am deffinetly interested in hearing about new ideas and i am ready to sign confideciality agreements with any one who will let me make an assesment of their idea.i have investors that are ready to make their stamp in the nigeria economy but they need a way in ,an interest in Nigeria. If you believe in your idea , you have a chance but you must have a passion for it .If you are not there yet work on it some more until its as important as life it self then we talk. our interest right no is I.T,movies,music,agriculture,environmental development,realestate,different facets of construction ,health,software and hardware development and different types of technology . my email is spopoola@msn.com and good luck.

before i forget SOJ if you read this i need to speak with you , i have read a lot of your feedbacks on different postings ,i will like to work with you how i dont know yet but you are a very intelligent man and i think we need to do something together. i will also like to speak with you in regards to the post about the lady with the housing and electricity producing idea.
Re: Can I Sell My Ideas To Companies? by SOJ(m): 1:30pm On Mar 26, 2007
OK,popey. Got ur email and will mail u soon enough.Ta
Re: Can I Sell My Ideas To Companies? by cammax7(m): 3:09pm On Mar 26, 2007
'selling ideas' in nigeria or anywhere else for that matter is a tricky thing. ur confidence is admired but what gives u the inclining that it is solely and originally yours and nobody has thought it before even those you want to sell it to.

all the same go here www.postideas.com
Re: Can I Sell My Ideas To Companies? by Rlst84sale(m): 12:34am On Apr 07, 2007
There is no such thing as selling idea. Idea doesn't make money. It's "information" that makes makes money and you can sell it to companies. If you can turn your idea into information and make it relevant, then yes you can patent it and sell it. You only have to be very careful how you go about it so that they don't steal it from you. Make sure you have an agreement of confidentiality with a "No compete clause" drawn by a good attorney (barrister/lawyer). There is a level of investment, and or invention that is still new to mankind that's why it's written in the scriptures that "Eyes have not seen, ears have not heard, neither has it come into the heart of men what God has in store for those who love Him. If God has given u something unique don't sit and waste time on it. Hurry up and run with it, do something about it time is money. Good luck

(1) (Reply)

Unsolicited Mails From Proshareng.com / 500,000naira To Start A Business / Cat 966c, 1972 Model, Front-end Wheel Mounted Loader For Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.