Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:53 PM

There Is No Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria - Dr Aroms Aigbehi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is No Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria - Dr Aroms Aigbehi (526 Views)

More Humiliation Like Dino Melaye To Occur, If We Don't Voice Out- Aroms Aigbehi / 9 Ways Nigerian Pastors And Politicians Brainwash Nigerians - Aroms Aigbehi / Dr Aroms Aigbehi Calls For Boycott Of Cow Meat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is No Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria - Dr Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 12:05pm On Jan 13, 2018
Freedom Of Speech Is Not Everyone Agreeing On A Single Idea, Opinion or Thought.

When we were kids in Nigeria we were never allowed to talk at home especially, when adults were around. My father was a bit liberal and he would allow us to talk but once visitors came in we would shut up ourselves or be giving a gagging order. I had a friend that only received a monologue from his father and was never allowed to speak back. At 16 he was already robbing people in Benin. I wonder why?

They called it respect in Nigeria. But actually, it is muzzling of creativity and Freedom.

That generation of adult that muzzled freedom of speech are still in government in Nigeria. Freedom of speech; is a principle that supports the freedom of an individual or community to articulate one's opinions and ideas without fear of retaliation, censorship, or sanction.

When I went to America it was difficult for me to adjust to that part of life that children talked back at you because it was against my upbringing. I later on learned to appreciate it fully and now all my white nephews and nieces call me by my first name. Fellow Africans think they don't respect me. But in contrary, they have more respect for me that those in Nigeria. calling me by my first name is for them normal. In Nigeria they rather call me Chairman. That is also normal for them. But they will be the first to arrange for others to come and attack me if they are angry at me. This actually happened. I don't know about you, but I prefer to be called by my first name and my life is safe at your hand.

You may not like the idea expressed based on that freedom. Many people will fight and argue until everyone sees and express the same idea they have. That is coercion to enforce uniformity of thought. It is a gagging order, the opposite of Freedom of speech.

A gag order is an order, typically a legal order by a court or government, restricting information or comment from being made public or passed onto any unauthorized third party.

Everyone of us is a completely different entity from any other person on earth so I can express my opinions based on my experiences in life which forms the interpretation of my reality. I don't expect you to agree with everything I say because your reality is different. So please don't expect me to agree with you on all your opinions. The idea of Freedom of Speech must be fully understood.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=318625865310195&id=158338594672257

Re: There Is No Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria - Dr Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 12:13pm On Jan 13, 2018
cc: lalasticlala and mynd44 cc: seun and maclatunji cc: sarrki and madridguy
Re: There Is No Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria - Dr Aroms Aigbehi by sarrki(m): 12:37pm On Jan 13, 2018
Makes me to remember idi Amin of Uganda

" There is freedom of speech in Uganda, Freedom After Speech Is What I Can't Guarantee You"
Re: There Is No Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria - Dr Aroms Aigbehi by Evablizin(f): 1:27pm On Jan 13, 2018
shocked

(1) (Reply)

Why The Northern Control Fulani Want To Extend Control Southward?? / PMB Must Remain Nigeria's Petroleum Minister!- Dr Olufon. / Who Exactly Are The Fulani? Where Did They Come From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.