Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,156 members, 7,811,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? (2784 Views)

Ronaldo: I Think Messi Will Win Ballon D'or! / What do you still think..?Messi-Neymar Vs Ronaldo-Bale attack. / Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by Tattooboy: 2:11am On Apr 12, 2010
Honestty am Dinho's biggest fan but now i just can decide if Messi is better than when RONALDINHO was inform in BARCELONA. Can u guys help me out?
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by medjai(m): 11:03am On Apr 15, 2010
I think all these props is just being blown out of proportion. I'm a big Messi fan but truth be told, there is nothing he is doing that has never been done. All these comparisons with Pele, Maradona and calling him the greatest ever is undeserved. I have seen a lot of players at their prime and all these havent been said; Ronaldinho, Raul, Shevchenko, Thiery Henry, C.Ronaldo and lots more. When his form dips in a couple of seasons from now, the football world will forget they once called him the greatest ever and throw him out like they never knew him.
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by naso2(m): 12:00pm On Apr 15, 2010
Until MESSI replicates this his performance in another club outside Barca, it will be difficult to state if he is as magical as it appears. The Barca style and collection of players could just be what differentiates Messi from CR7 for now. Messi has not been able to carry the argentine team as expected, hence some question mark on his performance.

CR7 on the other hand, did it in MAN U and is doing well presently for REAL. He is also a bigger influence on the portuguese team than what Messi is for the argentine team. For now I am still kool with CR7.
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by dayokanu(m): 4:20pm On Apr 15, 2010
CR7 on the other hand, did it in MAN U and is doing well presently for REAL. He is also a bigger influence on the portuguese team than what Messi is for the argentine team. For now I am still kool with CR7.

The same CR7 went to the last Euro cup at his peak and didnt make the top 23 while 3 Portuguese made it
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by dayokanu(m): 4:21pm On Apr 15, 2010
Until MESSI replicates this his performance in another club outside Barca,

Did Maldini, Raul, Totti etc repicate their performance in another club?
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by tkb417(m): 8:55am On Apr 19, 2010
dayokanu:

Did Maldini, Raul, Totti etc repicate their performance in another club?
so ur point is?

lemme help, Messi has done more than what Dinho did?
is that it?

joke. . . i dont think ive seen a footballer that can do magic on the field like Dinho
Dinho is suffering from attitudinal probs which is a constant with brasilians
if he keeps his head like Messi, he'll probably be the greatest footballer that lived cos what he did in 2 seasons with Barca, only a sorcerer can do that
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by kaypumpin2(m): 11:03am On Apr 19, 2010
tkb417:

so your point is?

lemme help, Messi has done more than what Dinho did?
is that it?

joke. . . i dont think ive seen a footballer that can do magic on the field like Dinho
Dinho is suffering from attitudinal probs which is a constant with brasilians
if he keeps his head like Messi, he'll probably be the greatest footballer that lived cos what he did in 2 seasons with Barca, only a sorcerer can do that
Hehehehehehehe,so who's fault is it that he decided to become a party animal?Awon aye abi? grin
So what did he do in 2 seasons that Messi is yet to do?Yeah let me guess,he flashes his teeth at every given opportunity grin

na_so:

Until MESSI replicates this his performance in another club outside Barca, it will be difficult to state if he is as magical as it appears. The Barca style and collection of players could just be what differentiates Messi from CR7 for now. Messi has not been able to carry the argentine team as expected, hence some question mark on his performance.

CR7 on the other hand, did it in MAN U and is doing well presently for REAL
. He is also a bigger influence on the portuguese team than what Messi is for the argentine team. For now I am still kool with CR7.

Ronaldihno did MAGIC with Barca and couldn't replicate same with AC means he useless abi?
CR7 doing presently well in Real?Any exact achievement?
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by tkb417(m): 11:15am On Apr 19, 2010
@Kay

Messi is the best footballer now doesnt mean hes done more than what Dinho did

both are at par but i think if Dinho can be cleansed of the demons worrying him, then Messi will be an learning from him

Both are not the greatest footballers sha

better footballers don play tey tey

and as for CR7, he is doing very well at Real.
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by kaypumpin2(m): 11:33am On Apr 19, 2010
Tkb paddie mi

Of course i think it is premature all the "he is better than maradona et al" chants that has inundated the media about Messi of late but ol boy,that dude is GOOD.Plus,he's being preet consistent,going about his job with level-headedness and staying out of negative media vibes.

Ronaldihno destroyed himself and i think apart from the flashes(like he did against Man U @ the San Siro) he will display occassionally to remind us all of what he was,he will never be that consistent again.
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by tkb417(m): 11:39am On Apr 19, 2010
Kay Money
i agree with you jare

what is it with your globe trotting? money don yapa abi grin cheesy
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by kaypumpin2(m): 11:50am On Apr 19, 2010
^^^^
Na way to chop i dey find oo paddie mi.
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by dayokanu(m): 4:12pm On Apr 19, 2010
so your point is?

You can read English abi? Ok lemme break it down, Messi does not have to replicate anything at another club ffor him to be the best player ever
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by blackmann(m): 11:43pm On Apr 19, 2010
Guys, don't 4get that the Dinho u guys are all talking about learnt most of his skills from our own Jay-Jay. grin
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by tkb417(m): 9:41am On Apr 20, 2010
dayokanu:

You can read English abi? Ok lemme break it down, Messi does not have to replicate anything at another club ffor him to be the best player ever
hence the reason i asked cos that was a red herring if english is your prob

who is better is the question?
appeal to the subject matter and dont fart around with useless innuendos
thats ma point
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by 4peace(m): 9:58am On Apr 20, 2010
i still prefer ronaldihno
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by dayokanu(m): 3:40pm On Apr 20, 2010
Ronaldinho was more skillful than Messi, But the Argentine is more productive

The choice is yours
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by jalether(m): 3:52pm On Apr 20, 2010
dayokanu:

The choice is yours

How is the argentine more productive I ask, both played different roles at barca. Ronnaldinho was assigned the responsibility of play-making

and he was outstanding at that (03-06), so outstanding he won the WPOTY TWICE (no be moin moin) . messi on the other hand is a wing forward

and will always score more goals than dinho.in terms of influence, Dinho was far more influential for barca than messi is now. No [b]Xavi [/b]and Iniesta= no

barca as far as I'm concerned.
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by dayokanu(m): 3:58pm On Apr 20, 2010
How is the argentine more productive I ask, both played different roles at barca. Ronnaldinho was assigned the responsibility of play-making

and he was outstanding at that (03-06), so outstanding he won the WPOTY TWICE (no be moin moin) . messi on the other hand is a wing forward

and will always score more goals than dinho.in terms of influence, Dinho was far more influential for barca than messi is now. No Xavi and Iniesta= no

barca as far as I'm concerned.

Do you watch games or you just judge positions by jersey number. Do you know what a play maker is? If Dinho was a playmaker then what was Xavi and Deco? Play destroyer?

Dinho played as a wide forward on the left and Messi right now plays as a wide forward on the right. With henry haking Dinhos position, Zlatan taking Etoos.

Its still the same pattern just a slight difference in personel.

Messi has 40goals already or what else is productivity? Messi would rather score 7 goals per game while Dinho after 1-2 goals would start to entertain.

When Dinho was in Barca in 2003 They won nothing till Etoo got there. Dinho was just more eye catching and pleasing to watch
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by chic2pimp(m): 4:26pm On Apr 20, 2010
I repeat the Heartbeat of that Barca team is 'Xavi'
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by ritchboy(m): 6:46pm On Apr 20, 2010
If Dinho was a playmaker then what was Xavi and Deco? Play destroyer?

cheesy grin

Dinho played as a wide forward on the left and Messi right now plays as a wide forward on the right. With henry haking Dinhos position, Zlatan taking Etoos.

not entirely true. . . Messi plays more often than not as a center forward/second striker these days. Ronaldinho was perennially stuck on the left.

Its still the same pattern just a slight difference in personel.

Barca now play 4-4-2. . .

[center]
Valdes

Alves Puyol Pique Abidal

Pedro Xavi Busquets Iniesta

Messi

Ibrahimovic[/center]

Correct!
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by dayokanu(m): 6:56pm On Apr 20, 2010
not entirely true. . . Messi plays more often than not as a center forward/second striker these days.

In Milan nowadays Dinho plays mostly behind one striker.

Messis goal return is enough to show how productive he is. Dinho prefers to dribble or entertain. I am sure Dinho would rather turn back vs an empty net than to score a tap in, For Messi, "All join" Hard goal, easy goal all na same
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by tkb417(m): 9:06am On Apr 21, 2010
LOL!

I trust Maureen and his boiz to put a lid on him

good one

Dinho in his prime woulda been too much for those Inter guys
Dinho is a magician, Messi is a good footballer
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by ritchboy(m): 9:28am On Apr 21, 2010
Tkb
just like Arsenal put a lid on him in the first leg. . . we all know what happened at Camp Nou.
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by tkb417(m): 9:32am On Apr 21, 2010
ritchboy:

Tkb
just like Arsenal put a lid on him in the first leg. . . we all know what happened at Camp Nou.
i expect Maureen to put a nail on the lid next week

Inter >>>>>> Arsenal cheesy
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by ritchboy(m): 9:53am On Apr 21, 2010
^^ story. . . Messi to bag another quadruple! cheesy

In terms of quality of players, Inter are the second best team in Europe.
Inter >>>>>> Man Utd
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by tkb417(m): 10:10am On Apr 21, 2010
ritchboy:

^^ story. . . Messi to bag another quadruple! cheesy

[b]In terms of quality of players, Inter are the second best team in Europe.[/b]Inter >>>>>> Man Utd
putting that in mind, i dont expect them to struggle to tame Messi

dont worry, we are taking out Berbatov, Gary, Giggs, Oshea, Brown for some new bloods
expect Benzema, Di Maria, Hargreaves, Anderson, David Silva to run rings for us next season

we will be better than Barca

Inter <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< UTD cheesy
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by naso2(m): 10:11am On Apr 21, 2010
kay_pumpin:

Ronaldihno did MAGIC with Barca and couldn't replicate same with AC means he useless abi?
CR7 doing presently well in Real?Any exact achievement?

You are using a wrong premise here, compare apples with apples.
If you used a Benzema maybe that would have had more appeal. We all know age is not Ronaldinho's friend at the moment. He sure has seen his best days, which is not the case for messi and CR7. i know a CR7 would have performed better last nite against inter. Marking out a messi (like chelsea proved over two legs last season and Inter last nite) is much easier than marking a CR7 out.
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by dayokanu(m): 3:35pm On Apr 21, 2010
You guys are funny . Inter marked Messi out,

Did you watch Benitez mark Ronaldinho out vs Liverpool in 2007, Did you see Arsenal render Dinho toothless in the 2006 final?

Someone even mentioned CR7 the same player that was rendered useless by Arne Friedrich at the last Euro cup.
On that day Nani was more effective that C ororo.
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by melp1: 3:55pm On Apr 21, 2010
I dn't think messi is more than dinho,
Re: Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? by Gudnezdinho(m): 9:00am On Jul 26, 2012
Rolandinho is the godfather of modern football,he made football easy. And for messi, he is good but not to be compared to rolandinho.never.to me messi is still learning.Rolandinho is the godfather of modern football,he made football easy. And for messi, he is good but not to be compared to rolandinho.never.to me messi is still learning.Rolandinho is the godfather of modern football,he made football easy. And for messi, he is good but not to be compared to rolandinho.never.to me messi is still learning.

(1) (Reply)

Transfer News: Latest Transfer News 2021 Confirmed Today 30 Aug / My Best Four Club Jerseys For The New Season / Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.