Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,531 members, 7,837,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

US Ambassador To Panama Resigns, Says Can He Can No Longer Serve Under Trump. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Ambassador To Panama Resigns, Says Can He Can No Longer Serve Under Trump. (545 Views)

Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama / Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump / BREAKING: Britain’s US Ambassador Resigns after Trump spat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Ambassador To Panama Resigns, Says Can He Can No Longer Serve Under Trump. by Nobody: 12:34am On Jan 14, 2018
The US ambassador to Panama has resigned saying he can he can no longer serve under Donald Trump.
John Feeley said he could no longer serve President Trump in an "apolitical fashion" and that he could not stand by his policies as he quit his post.
In a resignation letter, Mr Feeley said: "As a junior foreign service officer, I signed an oath to serve faithfully the president and his administration in an apolitical fashion, even when I might not agree with certain policies.
"My instructors made clear that if I believed I could not do that, I would be honor bound to resign. That time has come," according to an excerpt reported by Reuters.
It came as Mr Trump finds himself embroiled in a fresh storm after he allegedly branded Haiti and African nations "s***hole countries" during an Oval Office meeting about immigration.
The President has denied using the term but admitted using "tough" language.

Read more on ....http://apygist..com.ng/2018/01/us-ambassador-to-panama-resigns-saying.html#more

2 Likes

Re: US Ambassador To Panama Resigns, Says Can He Can No Longer Serve Under Trump. by braine(m): 12:42am On Jan 14, 2018
grin
Re: US Ambassador To Panama Resigns, Says Can He Can No Longer Serve Under Trump. by GavelSlam: 1:02am On Jan 14, 2018
His cabinet keeps abandoning him.
Re: US Ambassador To Panama Resigns, Says Can He Can No Longer Serve Under Trump. by hisgrace090: 2:29am On Jan 14, 2018
Mr trump, all you need now is character modification and to put a watch to what comes out of your mouth this days, so that you can smoothly carry on with the task bestored on you by your people as their leader.

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador To Panama Resigns, Says Can He Can No Longer Serve Under Trump. by scribble: 4:55am On Jan 14, 2018
GavelSlam:
His cabinet keeps abandoning him.

Not a cabinet member

Obama appointed diplomat
Re: US Ambassador To Panama Resigns, Says Can He Can No Longer Serve Under Trump. by Kophschmerzen: 6:43am On Jan 14, 2018
scribble:

Not a cabinet member

Obama appointed diplomat

Nonsense officials of the state department are career diplomat that serves president irrespective of their party leanings. Between this man was nominated by Bush jnr. Stop spreading ignorance, stick to your local politics.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Real Reason Why There’s War In Syria / China Declares Islam An ‘incurable Tumour’ And A ‘poisonous Medicine’ / Iran Unveils Wreckage Of Downed US Spy Drone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.