Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,763 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Relevance Of "the Blood Of Jesus"and Holy Ghost Fire,in Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Relevance Of "the Blood Of Jesus"and Holy Ghost Fire,in Prayer (10049 Views)

Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction / So There Is A Street In Lagos Called Blood Of Jesus Street?! (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relevance Of "the Blood Of Jesus"and Holy Ghost Fire,in Prayer by sonya4all(m): 7:44am On Apr 12, 2010
Hi fellow christain,i want 2 knw if there are bible verses that says christains must use holy ghost fire and the blood of jesus while praying,there is rarely any christain prayer that does not have these two phrases inside,take for example,i might be ask 2 say an opening prayer before a meeting starts,and while praying ill include 'i cover this meeting and evry body here with/by the blood of jesus' and the response would be,the 'blood of jesus christ',this i consider as incantations by some cult group responding 2 their leaders words,i knw that the only thing the blood of jesus does is 2 wash away sins of the world,and make us clean,also,Holy ghost fire is the one that really makes me sick.How can a pastor who knws that jesus said that we need 2 love n pray 4 our enemies comand holy ghost fire 2 consume satan,(binding)which is not posible at this time ,except during the 1000yrs of jesus' reign,.Some deluded ones even composed a song on holy ghost aya ya yaya ya,hv u heard that song, i need the biblical clearifications,tnks.Glory 2 jesus.
Re: Relevance Of "the Blood Of Jesus"and Holy Ghost Fire,in Prayer by Heed: 8:27am On Apr 12, 2010
You might have a point that some are using these more like incantations and partly out of ignorance but the fact is that both Blood of Jesus and the Holy Ghost Fire are weapons of offensive Christian Warfare-

Concerning the Blood of Jesus, see Rev 12:11 "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."

For the Fire of the Holy Ghost see Matthew 3:11-12

"11. I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
12. Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire"

I hope this this helps.
Re: Relevance Of "the Blood Of Jesus"and Holy Ghost Fire,in Prayer by sonya4all(m): 9:21am On Apr 12, 2010
Thanks heed for that,i knew u some one was gonna say that,but lets examine it,over came satan by the blood of the lamb,u knw that we were all sinners bound for hell,and jesus in his passion died and shed his blood to free us frm that impending doom,hell.With that he has over come satan by his blood,because he used the blood 2 purchase our pardon,mind u hell is made for satan and his angels,hence he wants more people 2 b with him there,thats the essence of 'overcame'.On the holy ghost fire,according 2 verse u used,its God that has that power cos its his fight,if truely one is Gods child under no circumstance would the devil prevail against him,its just that the penterascals(pentecostals) use it to make their prayer round as if it has beee answered immidiately.Mind u no man has the power 2 bind or consume satan with fire,all power belongs 2 God,just pray that Gods will be done.Cheers
Re: Relevance Of "the Blood Of Jesus"and Holy Ghost Fire,in Prayer by Oldpath(f): 9:23am On Mar 30, 2012
It is well with u, and u are very correct. He has not given us His blood to call but His Name,Without shedding of blood there is no remission of sins. It is because of His blood that we reconsiled unto God.
But we are not to call His blood for anything, Col. 3:17 tell us to do ALL in the name of the Lord Jesus.
None of His servants in the bible called on His Blood BUT His name.
According to Him "whosoever calleth on the name of the Lord shall be saved(Rom. 10:13"not blood.
The Name of the Lord is a strong tower the righteous run to(Prov.18;10).........., again not His blood.
We are to trust in His name (ps.20:7; 118:10-12) not blood.
In Acts 22:16 Paul commanded people to wash away their sins by calling the name of the Lord not His blood. We are to do ALL in His name.

Holy ghost fire is a fable added to God's word by men, it not found in the bible. Check your bible. We all know the punishment awaiting those that add or remove from His word.
Have you come across any man of God in the bible calling Holy ghost fire? No THEY ALL CALLED HIS NAME not even His blood.
Acts 17:10-11 says tha Bereans are more noble than thessalonians in that they received the word......and searched the scriptures daily whether those things were so. Not minding that it was Paul that taught them, they respect the word of God above Paul.
If God will still use Bible to judge us on the last day, only one verse of the bible is enough to send this our generation to hell. And the truth is He will use His word not doctrines of any G.o/G.s.
If he is to use doctrines of General overseers to judge us, whose own will He use? because if he doesnt use your g.o doctrines u too know that u cant make it.
As we all know that their doctrines are contradicting, He will use His written word to judge not men's ideas or fables.

2 Likes

Re: Relevance Of "the Blood Of Jesus"and Holy Ghost Fire,in Prayer by rastamouse: 9:47am On Mar 30, 2012
Oldpath: It is well with u, and u are very correct. He has not given us His blood to call but His Name,Without shedding of blood there is no remission of sins. It is because of His blood that we reconsiled unto God.
But we are not to call His blood for anything, Col. 3:17 tell us to do ALL in the name of the Lord Jesus.
According to Him "whosoever calleth on the name of the Lord shall be saved(Rom. 10:13"not blood.
The Name of the Lord is a strong tower the righteous run to(Prov.18;10).........., again not His blood.
In Acts 22:16 Paul commanded people to wash away their sins by calling the name of the Lord not His blood. We are to do ALL in His name.

Holy ghost fire is a fable added to God's word by men, it not found in the bible. Check your bible. We all know the punishment awaiting those that add or remove from His word.
Have you come across any man of God in the bible calling Holy ghost fire? No THEY ALL CALLED HIS NAME not even His blood.
Acts 17:10-11 says tha Bereans are more noble than thessalonians in that they received the word......and searched the scriptures daily whether those things were so. Not minding that it was Paul that taught them, they respect the word of God above Paul.
If God will still use Bible to judge us on the last day, only one verse of the bible is enough to send this our generation to hell. And the truth is He will use His word not doctrines of any G.o/G.s.
If he is to use doctrines of General overseers to judge us, whose own will He use? because if he doesnt use your g.o doctrines u too know that u cant make it.
As we all know that their doctrines are contradicting, He will use His written word to judge not men's ideas or fables.

Do you know the reality on the ground or you are just making guesses. Do you know the number of people who have conquered with the BLOOD of JESUS and the FIRE of the HOLY GHOST? Don't try to explain everything with what you see because the SPIRIT sometimes move us. Remember that one of the tasks of the HOLY SPIRIT is to reveal secrets and hidden things to us.

1 Like

Re: Relevance Of "the Blood Of Jesus"and Holy Ghost Fire,in Prayer by jerriedun: 4:28pm On May 16, 2013
God bless u Oldpath. U knw, this is simply why d church today is now powerless cos we have lost focus. We just assume that everything that comes out from the pulpit is now approved from Above, that can't be true when many ALTARS have been ALTERED. Matthew 3:11-12 simply meant a FIRE (HolyGhost/Spirit) that would CONSUME YOU(Not d enemies) ie burning away every shaft that's within u and thereby making u 'Presentable and Blameless' before our God. D HolySpirit (which is still d Holyghost) isn't a destroying device as we've turned Him into. John 16 tells us some of His functions. Check d whole scriptures,.u will never c a place that records d Holyspirit/Ghost fire being used to destroy or kill. D prophets of Baal were consumed by a FIRE from heaven, not d Holyghost fire. (Biblewud have been so careful not to confuse us). Honestly I don't knw what kind of flaky Christians we now have all over ooooo.... We don't seem to understand d story of d berean Christians. Religion has enclouded d church.. It is well
Re: Relevance Of "the Blood Of Jesus"and Holy Ghost Fire,in Prayer by ichuka(m): 11:40pm On May 16, 2013
[quote
author=Oldpath]It is well with u, and u are very correct. He has not
given us His blood to call but His Name,Without shedding of blood there
is no remission of sins. It is because of His blood that we reconsiled unto
God.
But we are not to call His blood for anything, Col. 3:17 tell us to do
ALL in the name of the Lord Jesus.
According to Him "whosoever calleth on the name of the Lord shall be
saved(Rom. 10:13"not blood.
The Name of the Lord is a strong tower the righteous run
to(Prov.18;10).........., again not His blood.
In Acts 22:16 Paul commanded people to wash away their sins by calling
the name of the Lord not His blood. We are to do ALL in His name.

Holy ghost fire is a fable added to God's word by men, it not found in
the bible. Check your bible. We all know the punishment awaiting those
that add or remove from His word.
Have you come across any man of God in the bible calling Holy ghost
fire? No THEY ALL CALLED HIS NAME not even His blood.
Acts 17:10-11 says tha Bereans are more noble than thessalonians in that
they received the word......and searched the scriptures daily whether
those things were so. Not minding that it was Paul that taught them,
they respect the word of God above Paul.
If God will still use Bible to judge us on the last day, only one verse
of the bible is enough to send this our generation to hell. And the
truth is He will use His word not doctrines of any G.o/G.s.
If he is to use doctrines of General overseers to judge us, whose own
will He use? because if he doesnt use your g.o doctrines u too know that u
cant make it.
As we all know that their doctrines are contradicting, He will use His
written word to judge not men's ideas or fables.[/quote]
Without Standing on the Grounds of Calvary continual,the name Jesus Christ is powerless against the devil.
Re: Relevance Of "the Blood Of Jesus"and Holy Ghost Fire,in Prayer by EatmyShorts: 12:21am On May 17, 2013
Jesus is Lord.

(1) (Reply)

Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? / Christians And Muslins How Would You Bash Hermaphrodites / The Difference Between Being A Christian And A Born Again Christian.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.