Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,781 members, 7,955,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:34 PM

Bakare: Buhari Did Nothing About Benue Genocide Though Warned 18 Months Earlier - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bakare: Buhari Did Nothing About Benue Genocide Though Warned 18 Months Earlier (23475 Views)

70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months / PDP Did Nothing Throughout Their 16-year In Government – God’swill Akpabio / Jonathan Did Nothing For Igbos – Amaechi Explodes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bakare: Buhari Did Nothing About Benue Genocide Though Warned 18 Months Earlier by donplatinum: 9:02pm On Jan 14, 2018
Oga Bakare, are you not one of the people that advocated for him? When you were campaigning for him God didn't reveal to you how PMB government will look like, your eyes have opened abi!!!! There is God ooooo, (in patience Jonathan Voice.)

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Buhari Did Nothing About Benue Genocide Though Warned 18 Months Earlier by baralatie(m): 9:04pm On Jan 14, 2018
Ratello:

Bakare: Buhari did nothing about Benue genocide though he was warned 18 months earlier

January 14

Tunde Bakare, the serving overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly (LRA), says President Muhammadu Buhari and his government did nothing about the genocide in Benue even though they were warned 18 months earlier.

Bakare also added that the government has failed in what seem to be its area of strength — security, and has permitted a genocide in some parts of the country.

“Nothing indicts the current government greater than its failure in one key performance area that ought to be its strength: security,” Bakare said.

“Despite recent setbacks, we acknowledge the gains in the war against Boko Haram, but highly disturbing is the mayhem being continually unleashed by herdsmen on communities in different states across the country, including Benue, Taraba, Plateau, Adamawa, Kaduna, Enugu, Edo and Ogun States, leaving trails of weeping and wailing.

“The recent killings in Benue State are akin to the last straw that is set to break the camel’s back. Not only has the government failed to stop these killings across the country, it has done so against the backdrop of conspiratorial silence, choosing rather to label such attacks ‘an issue of communal misunderstanding’, as the Inspector General of Police recently did in respect of the Benue attacks; it has treated the menace with kid gloves even after the Global Terrorism Index 2015 described ‘militant’ herdsmen as ‘the fourth most deadly group of 2014’.

“Worse still, some of these killings have reportedly been carried out in collusion with the military.

BUHARI WAS WARNED 18 MONTHS EARLIER

Iyorwuese Hagher ‘warned Buhari 18 months earlier’

Bakare said the federal government has “become complicit for the following reasons:

“By not advancing and vigorously executing policies aimed at pre-empting or preventing these killings even with sufficient warnings: I am reminded of the open letter to President Muhammadu Buhari by a former Nigerian High Commissioner to Canada and Second Republic senator, Prof. Iyorwuese Hagher. Permit me to quote excerpts from that letter:

‘Your Excellency Mr. President…I am pained that you ignored my advice in my private memorandum to you dated 30th July 2016. I had warned you of the possibility of a horrendous genocide in Benue, Plateau, Taraba, Southern Kaduna, and Southern Adamawa States.

‘I asked you to be proactive and stop the genocide that has been ongoing but which would burst out in the open and shock the world within 18 months. Your office replied my letter…thanking me ‘immensely’ and giving me the assurances that the advice would be heeded…I regret to now inform you that it is seventeen months since my warning and prediction and your government did nothing to pre-empt or prevent the genocide.'”

UNEMPLOYED NIGERIANS HAVE INCREASE BY ALMOST 10MILLION

“This administration anchored its policy outlook on three main thrusts, including security, job creation through diversification, and anti-corruption, yet all around us are signs of retrogression,” Bakare said.

“As at June 2015, the unemployment rate was 8.2% of a labour force of 74 million, meaning that about 6 million Nigerians were unemployed.

“By September 2017, despite such efforts as N-Power and a range of policies aimed at improving enterprise development and facilitating job creation, the unemployment rate had risen to 18.8% of a labour force of 85.1 million, indicating that between 2015 and 2017, the number of unemployed Nigerians rose from about 6 million to almost 16 million.”

https://www.thecable.ng/bakare-buhari-nothing-benue-genocide-though-warned-18-months-earlier
Re: Bakare: Buhari Did Nothing About Benue Genocide Though Warned 18 Months Earlier by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 14, 2018
Nigerians were warned not to believe these Buhari's people's lies. But they refused to heed to the warning and Jega also collected bribes from APC and Buhari's cabals to deprived electorates their choice candidates.

Prof Jega is even ashamed of himself and lacks integrity clearance to speak his disappointment of this corrupt government.

Me and my fans we are voting against Buhari's corrupt cabals and herdsmen financiers.

Re: Bakare: Buhari Did Nothing About Benue Genocide Though Warned 18 Months Earlier by Osashalom: 9:30pm On Jan 14, 2018
Newpride:
Let's all call a spade a spade, apc led govt disappoint nigerians big time. It baffles me how human being value the life of ordinary cow more than that of their fellow being. Worst is all of the behind this fulani herdsmen are muslims.
They learned these evil from the devil and Mohammed

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Buhari Did Nothing About Benue Genocide Though Warned 18 Months Earlier by AnanseK(m): 11:25pm On Jan 14, 2018
*BY NOW CAN WILL HAVE ISSUED STATEMENT & ⛽ FUELED RELIGIOUS SENTIMENT•*

*In another news: Imagine what will happen If it were Nasir El-Rufai or Almakura that's exposed to have Armed 1000 Men with AK-47 Rifles and paying them Salary in Kaduna or Nassarawa State like Governor Ortom had done in Benue State today?*

*By now, CAN will have issued Statement and further fueled religious and ethnic Sentiment. FFK will have released his usual bigoted Islam a phobic Post. All nay Sayers of this Country will have come together by now and break the internet with a call for War.*

*Print media will have already Started using this report in every Cover of their daily newspapers and Magazines.*

*It's sad that a Governor who's crying fowl over insecurity in his State will Arm 1000 Strange Men with AK-47 rifles and other sophisticated Weapons that even CJTF who help Nigeria Army in Borno to quash Boko Haram were never allowed to Carry.*

*May God continue to expose every evil foist to cause insecurity and bring dead, division and destruction of lives and properties to our people irrespective of religion, region, tribe and or ethnic background.*

*May God bless Nigeria Army and the Security operatives.*
Re: Bakare: Buhari Did Nothing About Benue Genocide Though Warned 18 Months Earlier by poseidon12: 11:51pm On Jan 14, 2018
obailala:
The exact same act of slothfulness and unforgivable criminal nonchalance which earned GEJ the boot in 2015, Buhari is currently swimming in the exact same pool.

You can call Jonathan's case, nonchalance (and incompetence). In Buhari's case, as far as the Fulani herdsmen are concerned, I sense a deliberate and coordinated act. You should observe that the military and police are used to provide cover for the attackers.
Re: Bakare: Buhari Did Nothing About Benue Genocide Though Warned 18 Months Earlier by Politicowizard(m): 12:13am On Jan 15, 2018
Places that calls for security concern and attention, The Pythons " and " The Chrochodiles" are no where to be found. Buhari is devilish, callous, parochial, a bloody bigot, despotic ruler, and very insensitive human.

Orthom made every effort to get him act, he deliberately refused to act. Conspiratorial silence.
Re: Bakare: Buhari Did Nothing About Benue Genocide Though Warned 18 Months Earlier by okenta2017: 1:05am On Jan 15, 2018
Fukafuka:
..... Benue State no get Governor ni ? undecided undecided undecided

Benue state governor is one of the best governor Nigeria has ever produce after Tinubu, you may not

understand.. why I included Tinubu(but we all make mistakes ). If you believe these people are being killed by

civilian herds men you can believe anything. Very soon the fulani Nigeria army will be

escouting Cows with armoured vehicle and tanks. and military aircraft.(haven't you seen that their brothers

have given them break in NE) so that they can finish establishing cow colonies over Nigeria

The Fulani security forces are only there to protect the interest of Hausa/Fulani the rest

should regard themselves as conquered people. Southern Nigeria and north central

should rise up and say no to cattle colonies. Do these fulani nigeria army have consience, after commiting

masacre in benue , you now want to take their land by force and establish cow colony, do you think that cow

colony will be successful in Benue after shedding so much blood. Let put party politics apart and

say no to cow colonies. They can Start it in NW.

Since these killing started have you heard about BH. they have gone silent recently. Nigeria THINK

GEJ was not to be blamed when BH was taken cities and town, because most of the military were

Hausa /Fulani they were only acting out a script. NW is close by why didn't BH touch NW (Nigerians

Think).i have lived in trenches before, I understand

this game, don't blame GEJ about BH.he is a civilian. When Ihejirica wanted to deal with them Buhary was the

first to cry out and keyamo went to court. When Buhary came in as head of state the first thing he

did was to removed all the SE/SS military offices. If these people were not removed the killing coudnt have

been possible. Of all the places these killing have been going on I know all the commanders.and were they are

from. Don't make hate speeches but you keep making hateful appointment. You are the wise

one and we are all Audu Ogbeh.
Re: Bakare: Buhari Did Nothing About Benue Genocide Though Warned 18 Months Earlier by EzeCanada: 3:39am On Jan 15, 2018
An anointed of God does not paint the truth and God does not condone lukewarmness or sitting on the fence.

You can either serve God or Buhari. You either speak the truth blazingly or prepare for hell. Forget all these your magomago or sugar coated tounge.
Re: Bakare: Buhari Did Nothing About Benue Genocide Though Warned 18 Months Earlier by blacknp(m): 7:25am On Jan 15, 2018
Omeokachie:
Buhari is not a statesman.

He does not understand the context of oneness and unity which he is so quick to mouth when dealing with IPOB.

His idea of oneness of nigeria is one in which "his" people are lords over the rest.

A man with such views should never have been president, a mistake the youth (out of emotion) made.

Mr President Mr President you did not vote for or ever supported,what of the Governor of your State and the Senator you voted for,what have they done to make your life better?

May I remind you Nigeria is a Federal system of Government with 3 tiers Federal,State and Local Government,the so called atrocities of the alleged herds men happened in a Local Government in a State and the Governor to the best of my knowledge under constitution of The Federal Republic of Nigeria is the Chief Security officer of the State and all land in the state is vested in the Governor of the State as also stated in The Land Use Act 1978 to be held on behalf of his people,so why call the President.

This is a democracy not the Military era.
Re: Bakare: Buhari Did Nothing About Benue Genocide Though Warned 18 Months Earlier by obailala(m): 11:36am On Jan 15, 2018
poseidon12:

You can call Jonathan's case, nonchalance (and incompetence). In Buhari's case, as far as the Fulani herdsmen are concerned, I sense a deliberate and coordinated act. You should observe that the military and police are used to provide cover for the attackers.
The same way you perceive this now is the exact way some elements in the north also alleged at the time that GEJ was deliberately allowing BH to decimate the population in the north east and hinder elections in the area.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kogi PDP Rejects Dino Melaye. Says He Will Be A Liability Not An Asset To Them / Abdul Azeez Akinsanya Targets Igbo Votes In New Poster (photos) / Subsidy Removal: Keyamo Tackles LP, Obi Over Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.