Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,499 members, 7,954,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:20 PM

Benue Killings: IGP Open Up About The Camping Of Militiamen In Tunga - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Killings: IGP Open Up About The Camping Of Militiamen In Tunga (746 Views)

Amotekun: Lagos, Osun, Ekiti Recruit 1,320 Militiamen. "They Can Use Guns" / How Badeh Was Killed - Residents Open Up, Decry Terrible Security Situation / Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue Killings: IGP Open Up About The Camping Of Militiamen In Tunga by owoicho13(m): 10:45am On Jan 15, 2018
The Inspector General of Police (IGP), Mr Ibrahim Idris, has cleared the air over allegations by Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State that militiamen were camped in Tunga village of Awe Local Government Area of Nasarawa State.

Idris made this explanation yesterday after an assessment visit to Guma and Logo villages in Benue and Tunga, in Nasarawa states to get firsthand information about the allegations.

“I am here in Tunga today (yesterday); about three days ago, I was in Benue state and just sitting in the Benue stakeholders’ meeting, the governor was making allegations that militia men are trained in Tunga, but I am surprised,” he said.

“From what the chairman said now, nothing like that has happened.

“I have spoken to the Fulani men and Tiv people here and all of them confirmed that there are no militiamen in Tunga. Obviously, as the IGP, sent here by the President, I am happy to hear that.

“Nobody has the right to attack another person; so, we are going to reinforce the number of mobile men, so they can identify areas where there are build-ups,” he said.

Re: Benue Killings: IGP Open Up About The Camping Of Militiamen In Tunga by owoicho13(m): 10:45am On Jan 15, 2018
Re: Benue Killings: IGP Open Up About The Camping Of Militiamen In Tunga by fergie001: 10:48am On Jan 15, 2018
This man looks stupid,talks stupidly,reasons stupidly,but do not be deceived this Randy fellow is stupid.

Oga,you have no business in Benue,your incompetent Oga sent you to save-face,
A day of reckoning shall come......
Re: Benue Killings: IGP Open Up About The Camping Of Militiamen In Tunga by Omololu2121: 11:12am On Jan 15, 2018
We need state police, this it's the time for governors from the south and middle belt to all fight for state police. With state police,most of this nonsense will stop.

When will our politicians get sense sef.

It's either we restructure or this useless country it's split
Re: Benue Killings: IGP Open Up About The Camping Of Militiamen In Tunga by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 15, 2018
owoicho13:
“I am here in Tunga today (yesterday); about three days ago, I was in Benue state and just sitting in the Benue stakeholders’ meeting, the governor was making allegations that militia men are trained in Tunga, but I am surprised,” he said.

“From what the chairman said now, nothing like that has happened.

“I have spoken to the Fulani men and Tiv people here and all of them confirmed that there are no militiamen in Tunga. Obviously, as the IGP, sent here by the President, I am happy to hear that.

Why did we have this kind of people with very low IQ as leaders in Nigeria.

Please, read the statement by the IGP again.

Shame is catching even me for that statement if he actualy made it.
Re: Benue Killings: IGP Open Up About The Camping Of Militiamen In Tunga by freeze001(f): 11:22am On Jan 15, 2018
So IG, that is how you were trained to do your investigation? Just word-of-mouth reports and that's it? There was a country, now we've got a cowntry!

1 Like

Re: Benue Killings: IGP Open Up About The Camping Of Militiamen In Tunga by Desyner: 11:24am On Jan 15, 2018
fergie001:
This man looks stupid,talks stupidly,reasons stupidly,but do not be deceived this Randy fellow is stupid.

Oga,you have no business in Benue,your incompetent Oga sent you for to save-face,
Could you have imagined that his statements will depend on what the Fulanis/Tiv people - one of the warring factions - told him in a meeting? We are in Aboki soup in this country.

1 Like

Re: Benue Killings: IGP Open Up About The Camping Of Militiamen In Tunga by fergie001: 11:28am On Jan 15, 2018
Desyner:
Could you have imagined that his statements will depend on what the Fulanis/Tiv people - one of the warring factions - told him in a meeting? We are in Aboki soup in this country.
Exactly....
If one other junior officer have said this rubbish,I might just look away but an IGP?
It is finished.
Re: Benue Killings: IGP Open Up About The Camping Of Militiamen In Tunga by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 15, 2018
fergie001:

Oga,you have no business in Benue,your incompetent Oga sent you to save-face,

So you want to infect everyone with your stupidity

Re: Benue Killings: IGP Open Up About The Camping Of Militiamen In Tunga by gmaribel(m): 2:41pm On Jan 15, 2018
Would the herdsmen sit and wait or welcome the IG after getting a heads up that their hideout will be visited.
Re: Benue Killings: IGP Open Up About The Camping Of Militiamen In Tunga by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:13pm On Jan 15, 2018
This IG is the most stupid police officer in the whole wide world. So you believed what the Fulani herdsmen told you but doubted what a whole govonor said? Nigeria is finished with this kind of mentality.

(1) (Reply)

Bomb Explosion, Death In Okpella: The Feared Descent Into Anarchy / In Defence Of Fulani Herdsmen: Your Writers Are Not Good Enough Buhari / Check What El-rufai Wrote When Obasanjo Did Same Thing In 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.