Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

A - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A (795 Views)

1966 Coup: “the Igbos Now Vindicated And Exonerated” Olusegun Obasanjo. / 1966 Coup: “the Igbos Now Vindicated And Exonerated" / January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A by MosD: 12:41pm On Jan 15, 2018
A

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A by laudate: 2:48pm On Jan 15, 2018
May the souls of the departed, continue rest in peace. Amen! cry That coup was one of the worst things to happen in this nation. It set in motion a chain of events, that ended in a war, which led to the deaths of many, but ended up achieving nothing. sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A by raker300: 2:52pm On Jan 15, 2018
We need another nezeogwu today to get rid of all these corrupt crooks calling themselves politicians

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A by MosD: 5:08pm On Jan 15, 2018
laudate:
May the souls of the departed, continue rest in peace. Amen! cry That coup was one of the worst things to happen in this nation. It set in motion a chain of events, that ended in a war, which led to the deaths of many, but ended up achieving nothing. sad

You are absolutely right bro. That coup indeed determined Nigeria's history. From then on, things have never been the same up till now. It created the ethnic distrust we are witnessing now

3 Likes

Re: A by zendy: 5:19pm On Jan 15, 2018
Very unfortunate.

Nzeogwu and co were tired of the direction Nigeria was heading and they struck. Military coup was very fashionable at the time
Re: A by laudate: 6:22pm On Jan 15, 2018
zendy:
Very unfortunate.

Nzeogwu and co were tired of the direction Nigeria was heading and they struck. Military coup was very fashionable at the time
Fashionable?? shocked How many coups were held in Nigeria, before Nzeogwu and his boys struck?

2 Likes

Re: A by zendy: 7:26pm On Jan 15, 2018
laudate:

Fashionable?? shocked How many coups were held in Nigeria, before Nzeogwu and his boys struck?

It was the first coup, however, besides Cameroon, there was hardly any country in West Africa that did not experience military coup in the 60's and 70's. Thats how it was back then

1 Like

Re: A by laudate: 7:31pm On Jan 15, 2018
zendy:

It was the first coup, however, besides Cameroon, there was hardly any country in West Africa that did not experience military coup in the 60's and 70's. Thats how it was back then
You like to shift the goal post, sha. sad You are the one that alleged that coups were fashionable then, as if it was a norm in Nigeria. I asked you to substantiate your assertion, and you started talking about Cameroun. Was Cameroon part of Nigeria in 1966? shocked And did anybody mention any African country apart from Nigeria since this thread was opened?

Anyway, you have at least admitted that Nzeogwu and co., started the first coup in Nigeria that led to the first round of blood letting in this nation. undecided

Now, please do not quote me again. I am not in the mood to read more excuses or conjecture from anybody, today...

4 Likes

Re: A by crispus09(m): 7:40pm On Jan 15, 2018
d day nigeria lost unity

1 Like

Re: A by T9ksy(m): 8:12pm On Jan 15, 2018
raker300:
We need another nezeogwu today to get rid of all these corrupt crooks calling themselves politicians

Yeah, i agree with you intoto however

this "Nzegeouw" must start his cleansing of the Aegan

stable from his own ehnic stock first if we are to take

him serious else, am afraid, history will repeat itself.

3 Likes

Re: A by MosD: 9:26pm On Jan 15, 2018
I want to believe if Aguyi-Irosi had convicted them and sentence them to death instead of keeping them in prison, the outcome (Nigeria history) would had been different.

(1) (Reply)

Plot To Impeach The Deputy Governor Of Imo State / I Will Henceforth Under Go Medical Check Ups In Bayelsa – OBJ / The Bayelsa State Coordinator Pdp Youth Alliance Hon Solomon David Wrote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.