Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,059 members, 7,841,997 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Akwa Ibom Government Set To Build 8,500 Capacity Worship Center [pics] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Government Set To Build 8,500 Capacity Worship Center [pics] (2027 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Distributes Transistor Radios / Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal / Akwa Ibom Government Responds To APC Request For Use Of Stadium For Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom Government Set To Build 8,500 Capacity Worship Center [pics] by Emelcee: 6:23pm On Jan 15, 2018
All is now set for the commencement of the long anticipated central worship center for the Akwa Ibom people in Uyo, the state capital.

The foundation laying ceremony of the 8,500 capacity international worship centre which holds Sunday, January 21, 2018, will be conducted by Pastor Enoch Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God.

It is the first of its kind of a standard worship centre for Akwa Ibom State, the only state in the world named after God, 30 years after its creation.

The state has over this period moved from playgrounds to stadia and even uncompleted buildings in search of a conducive non-denominational place to worship, pray and sing praises to God.

To punctuate this trend, the Governor, who is also the Spiritual Leader of the state, Mr Udom Emmanuel pulled all stops and went in search of funds to bring to fruition, the dream of erecting for God, a befitting place of worship.

Giving an insight on funding for the edifice, Mr Emmanuel explained that "We have found favour in the eyes of the Lord, and it’s instructive to note that Religious bodies, non-profit organizations and even individuals from all over the world heeded our call for support to actualize this dream”.

According to the Governor, “today we stand tall to say that we have secured the bulk of funds needed for the construction of the 8,500 capacity international worship centre which is located in Uyo. Government’s contribution is a very negligible percentage.”

Governor Emmanuel also added that when the dream of the international worship centre was conceived, he rose to the faith that God will provide the finances drawing strength from Haggai 1:8 –“Go up to the mountain, and bring wood, and build the house; and I will take pleasure in it, and I will be glorified, saith the LORD”.

He said Akwa Ibom State is a Christian State that will continue to look up to God for his guidance and blessings.
#akwaibomstate #udomemmanuel #amazinggrace #gratefulheart #givethanks @Akwa Ibom
Www.akwaibomdaily..com

Source
AKWA IBOM GOVERNMENT SET TO BUILD 8,500 CAPACITY WORSHIP CENTER [Pics] >> http://akwaibomdaily..com.ng/2018/01/akwa-ibom-set-to-build-8500-capacity.html

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Set To Build 8,500 Capacity Worship Center [pics] by Desyner: 6:25pm On Jan 15, 2018
I don't support this.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Set To Build 8,500 Capacity Worship Center [pics] by grafixdon: 6:34pm On Jan 15, 2018
Worship center? Total waste of money. We value religion more than jobs in this country.
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Set To Build 8,500 Capacity Worship Center [pics] by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 15, 2018
Anyway, in the north, govts have been building mosques since far back

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Set To Build 8,500 Capacity Worship Center [pics] by omenkaLives(m): 6:37pm On Jan 15, 2018
Waiting to see how idiots react to this.

Could remember how they grunted all over the place in protest when it was reported a governor from the North did same.
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Set To Build 8,500 Capacity Worship Center [pics] by Pavore9: 6:37pm On Jan 15, 2018
At least it will give some people work. smiley
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Set To Build 8,500 Capacity Worship Center [pics] by obailala(m): 6:40pm On Jan 15, 2018
The other day, Sen David Mark built a big church for his community, and then a footballer did something similar ,and now it's Akwa-Ibom state govt. A nation that has more places of worship than schools, hospitals and factories put together; but yet we wonder why poverty index keeps increasing and we wonder why the country is termed 'shithole'.
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Set To Build 8,500 Capacity Worship Center [pics] by Yeligray(m): 6:41pm On Jan 15, 2018
Desyner:
I don't support this.
they don't need your support or approval
grafixdon:
Worship center? Total waste of money. We value religion more than jobs in this country.
Is your president not providing jobs for you?.. People do things for what they believe in and it works for them. You believed in buhari and you have results.. Why can't they believe in their God and have their own results.

I have always wondered why God blesses Akwa Ibom State so much and now, i have the answer. No one serves the lord or does something for God without being blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Set To Build 8,500 Capacity Worship Center [pics] by princechurchill(m): 6:43pm On Jan 15, 2018
Am a Christian but this is a misplaced priority
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Set To Build 8,500 Capacity Worship Center [pics] by obailala(m): 6:47pm On Jan 15, 2018
Yeligray:
they don't need your support or approvalIs your president not providing jobs for you?..

I have always wondered why God blesses Akwa Ibom State so much and now, i have the answer. No one serves the lord or does something for God without being blessed.
God blesses the works of your hands, if you like, sit down in church 365 days of the year praising and worshipping, a single blessing wouldnt come your way except you get your hands busy. There are already too many churches in Nigeria, a sensible govt should focus on creating factories, schools etc which can actually get the hands of people busy cos God only blesses busy hands.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Set To Build 8,500 Capacity Worship Center [pics] by Samueldodo781(m): 6:48pm On Jan 15, 2018
Worship Center? Another avenue to milk the state wallet dry... I hope the state is not owing workers
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Set To Build 8,500 Capacity Worship Center [pics] by Yeligray(m): 7:25pm On Jan 15, 2018
obailala:
God blesses the works of your hands, if you like, sit down in church 365 days of the year praising and worshipping, a single blessing wouldnt come your way except you get your hands busy. There are already too many churches in Nigeria, a sensible govt should focus on creating factories, schools etc which can actually get the hands of people busy cos God only blesses busy hands.
Is building the worship center not the work of their hands?
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Set To Build 8,500 Capacity Worship Center [pics] by noruwasman(m): 7:26pm On Jan 15, 2018
A state name after God is building God's own house to prove her faith in God is a dream i would have like to fulfil as my first constituency project. God bless the government and good people of akwa ibom though Muslim will not like it but wil their northern government that allocated money for such in their budget.
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Set To Build 8,500 Capacity Worship Center [pics] by Desyner: 7:30pm On Jan 15, 2018
Yeligray:
they don't need your support or approvalIs your president not providing jobs for you?.. People do things for what they believe in and it works for them. You believed in buhari and you have results.. Why can't they believe in their God and have their own results.

Religion is personal thing. Is the state going to build a mosque also ?
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Set To Build 8,500 Capacity Worship Center [pics] by crispus09(m): 7:31pm On Jan 15, 2018
d more churches are growing d more sin is increasing
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Set To Build 8,500 Capacity Worship Center [pics] by Emelcee: 7:43pm On Jan 15, 2018
The state was named after God, building a church for God isn't a bad idea

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Set To Build 8,500 Capacity Worship Center [pics] by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 15, 2018
Nice. Would also be a nice tourist center....
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Set To Build 8,500 Capacity Worship Center [pics] by SamoaJoe: 9:57pm On Jan 15, 2018
omenkaLives:
Waiting to see how idiots react to this.

Could remember how they grunted all over the place in protest when it was reported a governor from the North did same.

Cry baby. Wailing till infinity. Who send you kwanu? Bitter soul.

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Set To Build 8,500 Capacity Worship Center [pics] by obailala(m): 10:56pm On Jan 15, 2018
Yeligray:
'Giving a man fish' cant be compared with 'teaching the man to fish'. Will the building project go on forever?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Set To Build 8,500 Capacity Worship Center [pics] by Desyner: 11:00pm On Jan 15, 2018
Yeligray:
If the building project fund was utilized for something that serves everybody irrespective of their religion it would av employed hands as well. I don't support cornering the taxes of non-believers to build churches.
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Set To Build 8,500 Capacity Worship Center [pics] by Desyner: 11:01pm On Jan 15, 2018
Statsocial:
Nice. Would also be a nice tourist center....
I oppose this . . . . .

(1) (Reply)

My State By State Presidential Election Prediction / PHOTOS: Police Barricade Venue Where Soyinka, Falana Were to Speak On Insecurity / Obaseki Hosts Jonathan, Blasts Oshiomhole (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.