Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Reasons Why Buhari Should Not Contest In 2019 - Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why Buhari Should Not Contest In 2019 - Amaechi (2834 Views)

2019: Amaechi, Other Rivers APC Leaders Adopt Sahara Oil Boss Tonye Cole For Gov / 2019: Amaechi Confirmed As DG Of Buhari Campaign Organisation / Rivers 2019: Amaechi Fights Abe, Calls Him Traitor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Buhari Should Not Contest In 2019 - Amaechi by stephanie11: 8:00am On Jan 16, 2018
@POLITICSNGR

Chief Mbazulike Amaechi, a former aviation minister has advised President Muhammadu Buhari not to seek re-election in 2019.

Amaechi told Sun that Nigeria was a developing country so it won't be in its best interest to re-elect an "Analog President in a digital Era". In his words;

"By the constitution, by the laws of the land, he is entitled to contest for a second term. But then, the question is: is it right; is it in the best interest of this country? Here is somebody who has ruled this country as a military dictator and again after four attempts the country gave him a chance in a democratic election and elected him President. And he is serving out a full four years. If it were a country other than Africa, he would say ‘I’m alright, the country has shown confidence in me."

"By his age and by his health, I don’t think it is in the best interest of the country for him to contest. Nigeria is developing like any other country in a digital era and it is not in the best interest of the country to re-elect an analogue president in a digital era."

"From his health point of view, I don’t think the man is strong enough to do the rigours of a president in a vast country like Nigeria. And I don’t believe what he gave as his age. That could be the age at which he joined the army and so forth. But I believe he is older than the declared age."

"So, what a true and patriotic Buhari would have done, in my opinion, is what Nelson Mandela did in South Africa, to say ‘I have led the country, the country has shown enough confidence in me. Now by my age, I stand aside. Let somebody else step in’ because we do not want to have a Mugabe in Nigeria."

https://politicsngr.com/shocker-reason-buhari-not-contest-2019-amaechi/
cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Buhari Should Not Contest In 2019 - Amaechi by zakim(m): 8:02am On Jan 16, 2018
Sai Baba
Re: Reasons Why Buhari Should Not Contest In 2019 - Amaechi by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 16, 2018
Thoth it was Chibuike Amaechi

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Buhari Should Not Contest In 2019 - Amaechi by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:31am On Jan 16, 2018
misleading headline and caption...I think say n.a. the lion dey talk, I mean the lion of the Niger delta....Rotimi Amaechi
Re: Reasons Why Buhari Should Not Contest In 2019 - Amaechi by cursedAbiola(f): 8:32am On Jan 16, 2018
Buhari is a terrorist

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Buhari Should Not Contest In 2019 - Amaechi by PFRB: 8:37am On Jan 16, 2018
This man thinks that the Buhari he sees is the same of 1983 and the same of 2015. This Buhari is not the same and this Buhari is 65 years old.This Buhari is very very healthy.
Re: Reasons Why Buhari Should Not Contest In 2019 - Amaechi by blazer2018: 8:47am On Jan 16, 2018
I am sure this headline will attract a lot of readers...Simply because of Rotimi Amaechi

The guy and Buhari get foes die... grin
Re: Reasons Why Buhari Should Not Contest In 2019 - Amaechi by DoyenExchange: 9:43am On Jan 16, 2018
I thought it was the other Amaechi undecided
Re: Reasons Why Buhari Should Not Contest In 2019 - Amaechi by PointZerom: 1:16pm On Jan 16, 2018
"By his age and by his health, I don’t think it is in the best interest of the country for him to contest. Nigeria is developing like any other country in a digital era and it is not in the best interest of the country to re-elect an analogue president in a digital era."

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Buhari Should Not Contest In 2019 - Amaechi by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 16, 2018
And who is this so called Mazuibke Amechi to tell Buhari not to contest?
Re: Reasons Why Buhari Should Not Contest In 2019 - Amaechi by Cyynthialove(f): 1:26pm On Jan 16, 2018
I doubt if there is any sane human being still supporting Buhari at this stage.
Re: Reasons Why Buhari Should Not Contest In 2019 - Amaechi by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 16, 2018
The headline is confusing but it good we still have some truth sayers in Nigeria.

Nevertheless, we have our 11 point requirement, yes 11 point requirement for any presidential aspirants to earn our vote.

read them here:
https://www.nairaland.com/4287028/presidential-aspirants-not-vote-unless
Re: Reasons Why Buhari Should Not Contest In 2019 - Amaechi by yarimo(m): 2:14pm On Jan 16, 2018
I hope MBAZULIKE AMEACHI you are speaking for yourself?
Re: Reasons Why Buhari Should Not Contest In 2019 - Amaechi by GodsonEmma: 2:20pm On Jan 16, 2018
We try to build the best exam rooms every year. Education is the Key to Success and some Nigerians need that key. So we come together every year to help one another.. Starting from the Jamb level to post ume to semester exams and interviews, join us now by clicking this link https:///DvUeXOsGdnV0Yqw5ieUwVk
or you can call 08121600786 or 07019044201 See you there!!!
Re: Reasons Why Buhari Should Not Contest In 2019 - Amaechi by LRNZH(m): 2:22pm On Jan 16, 2018
Analog President... See for yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EegatBzdnhU

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Buhari Should Not Contest In 2019 - Amaechi by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 16, 2018
Cyynthialove:
I doubt if there is any sane human being still supporting Buhari at this stage.
have gone through all your posts on nairaland at first i took u for a religious bigot but now u are getting my interest especially on islam .i need to learn from you as you said that u hv read the koran b4 i feel u are in better position to help me with the truth being a christian,am a christian too but am to take a decision concerning islam(not converting o)pls i need ur help.my email is bode076@gmail.com thanks a lot
Re: Reasons Why Buhari Should Not Contest In 2019 - Amaechi by Cyynthialove(f): 10:34am On Jan 17, 2018
Clardo:

have gone through all your posts on nairaland at first i took u for a religious bigot but now u are getting my interest especially on islam .i need to learn from you as you said that u hv read the koran b4 i feel u are in better position to help me with the truth being a christian,am a christian too but am to take a decision concerning islam(not converting o)pls i need ur help.my email is bode076@gmail.com thanks a lot
Do you read Koran ?

(1) (Reply)

INEC Used 3rd Party Device To Switch Results For Tinubu — Atiku / Retired Generals Afraid Of Buratai's Relationship With President Tinubu / Alex Otti Must See This, Why Won't They Show Him This Part Of Aba.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.