Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Why I Feel Sorry For Arsenal Fans - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why I Feel Sorry For Arsenal Fans (521 Views)

Eden Hazard To Madrid Fans: I Am Sorry For Flopping At Real Madrid / I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit / Xavier Amaechi Signs For Arsenal (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Feel Sorry For Arsenal Fans by magazineguy(m): 9:26am On Jan 16, 2018
I would understand if an Arsenal fan dreads transfer windows. I would not be surprised if an Arsenal fan confesses that he/she enjoys soccer less, once the transfer window is open. It is usually a tough period for the club. It is a time when Arsené Wenger shocks the world with unpopular decisions. It is a time when the club is weakened and their rivals are strengthened. It is a time when Arsenal loses its best players to clubs that understand that the round leather game is a money-fueled game.

The 2018 winter transfer window is about two weeks old already and the giants have started to strategise and commit to big transfer moves. Barcelona has already secured the signing of their long term target, Coutinho and PSG is scouting for new recruits for their different departments, but Arsenal is edging towards losing their best players. Sanchez is at the two-way junction of Manchester, Ozil seems to be using his nights to pack his bag and guess how the Arsenal board is planning to replace these world soccer stars? By signing a scout whose specialty is in grass-root football.

The management of Arsenal signed a new head of recruitment to raise the standard of the club and return the glory days to the Emirates stadium. The new man, Sven Mislintat, was signed from Borussia Dortmund where he built a reputation for spotting soccer talents like Shinji Kagawa, Lewandowski, Aubameyang, when they were still rather unknown to the world. Mislintat, who is nicknamed ‘Diamond Eye,’ played a pivotal role in the success of ‘The Black & Yellows’ but his ability to transform Arsenal remains in doubt.

Most Gunner fans would agree that the problem with the club is not from the department of talent recruitment. Arsenal has always been one of the leading teams in the area of scouting and talent recruitment but the club has failed to transfer these advantages into major success on the pitch. Rather, the second-class quality of the first team players and the deficiencies in the coaching department, have been highlighted to be the major problems of the club. This therefore relates the signing of Sven Mislintat to leaving one’s problems to find a solution to a problem that one does not have.

The management of Arsenal has chosen to continue in the direction that has led the club to move from a leading position to celebrating consistency as the fourth best team in England. The Arsenal board is sticking with the plan that has caused cobwebs and dust to cover the large trophy room of the club. I do not pity the board members who have the power to make necessary changes but would not. I pity the Arsenal fans who pay huge ticket fees at Emirate and those who would go on ArsenalTV to complaint and rant to a rigid board. I can relate with the tweet that supporting Arsenal is a real struggle. It is like the cancer of football.

source; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/feel-sorry-arsenal-fans/

cc
lalasticala, mynd44, dominique

(1) (Reply)

Alexis Sanchez Signs For Manchester United / 2018 Most Expensive And Highest Earning Footballers List / Super Eagles: Boss Rohr Hints Goalkeeper Uzoho Will Be In World Cup Squad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.