Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,859 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Mama Taraba Reacts As PDP Beats APC In By-election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mama Taraba Reacts As PDP Beats APC In By-election (1800 Views)

Aisha Alhassan 'Mama Taraba' Resigns As Minister (Resignation Letter) / APC Primaries: Mama Taraba Is APC In The Day, PDP At Night - Oshiomole / APC Disqualifies Aisha Alhassan 'Mama Taraba' From Seeking Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mama Taraba Reacts As PDP Beats APC In By-election by AngryNaijaMan: 10:13am On Jan 16, 2018
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, candidate, Mr. Dominic Bakundi, has been declared winner of Taraba State House of Assembly by-election in Ardo-Kola state constituency.

Bakundi got 8,848 votes, while Sanusi Usman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) got 8,308 to emerge second.

Returning Officer, Dr. Manu Donga, said Bakundi scored the majority votes and declared him as the member-elect for Ardo-Kola Taraba State constituency.

Reacting, Minister for Women Affairs and Social Development, Senator Aisha Arhasan, aka Mama Taraba, praised the peaceful conduct of the exercise across the 10 wards of the local government area.

Vanguard quoted her as hailing the exercise, adding that “transparent conduct of the election” was an indication that the APC-led government was ready to reform the electoral process in the country.

Meanwhile, Mama Taraba, has reacted to speculations that she was “planning” to dump the APC following the exit of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar.
http://dailypost.ng/2018/01/16/mama-taraba-reacts-pdp-beats-apc-election/

Re: Mama Taraba Reacts As PDP Beats APC In By-election by AngryNaijaMan: 10:16am On Jan 16, 2018
I thought they said PDP can't win an election in the north?
Anyone who still believes Buhari will win most Northern states like he did in 2015 needs a brain transplant.

Fulanis attacked Taraba again yesterday

2 Likes

Re: Mama Taraba Reacts As PDP Beats APC In By-election by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:20am On Jan 16, 2018
AngryNaijaMan:
I thought they said PDP can't win an election in the north?
Anyone who still believes Buhari will win most Northern states like he did in 2015 needs a brain transplant.

If only you knew that PDP won taraba during the 2015 governorship election then you wouldn't have posted this

2 Likes

Re: Mama Taraba Reacts As PDP Beats APC In By-election by AngryNaijaMan: 10:25am On Jan 16, 2018
ULSHERLAN:

If only you knew that PDP won taraba during the 2015 governorship election then you wouldn't have posted this

Go back and read what I wrote. Buhari won Taraba in 2015 not so?
Of course the gov of Taraba is PDP after the mandate was wrongly given to Mama Taraba.
But you people here in Nairaland said PDP can no longer win elections in the north.

3 Likes

Re: Mama Taraba Reacts As PDP Beats APC In By-election by IamPatriotic(m): 10:27am On Jan 16, 2018
She will soon create her own parallel PDP excos across local Governments in Taraba State because Governor Ishiaku is making her official defection impossible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mama Taraba Reacts As PDP Beats APC In By-election by IamPatriotic(m): 10:29am On Jan 16, 2018
AngryNaijaMan:

Of course the gov of Taraba is PDP after the mandate was wrongly given to Mama Taraba.
But you people here in Nairaland said PDP can no longer win elections in the north.

When was Madam Al Hassan announced Governor of Taraba State, except for lower court verdict?
Re: Mama Taraba Reacts As PDP Beats APC In By-election by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:29am On Jan 16, 2018
AngryNaijaMan:

You wrote 'you thought they said pdp cant win election in the north' so my former post still applies. People voted for Buhari in Taraba cos they love him regardless of the party he is in. Get your facts right. I'm no pro buhari fan but just stating the obvious. PDP controls Taraba. I would have conceded to your assertion if the results was from maybe Kano, Kaduna or Katsina

1 Like

Re: Mama Taraba Reacts As PDP Beats APC In By-election by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 16, 2018
She is using style style to leave the sinking party, I bet u before the year ends she would have defected.

1 Like

Re: Mama Taraba Reacts As PDP Beats APC In By-election by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 16, 2018
Amazing decision
Re: Mama Taraba Reacts As PDP Beats APC In By-election by managermahmud: 12:34pm On Jan 16, 2018
I hope PDP are going to play their cards well to emerge victorious in the 2019 general election. Baba you need to go back home and rest. Thank you for your efforts so far. Nigerians and grateful
Re: Mama Taraba Reacts As PDP Beats APC In By-election by GavelSlam: 2:11pm On Jan 16, 2018
The deceased being replaced was in PDP.

(1) (Reply)

Pictures : Today At Adamawa..... / BREAKING!!! Nnamdi Kanu Threatens Ikpeazu, Says Abia Will Burn If He Is Re-elect / Mbaka Finally Hits Buhari With Bitter Truth, Ask Him Not Seek Re-election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.